Color schemes

Is there any hard science to back up using a dark/light color scheme or is it just down to preference?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/morhetz/gruvbox
github.com/chriskempson/base16-tomorrow-scheme
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

light color schemes hurt my eyes
i dont need some (((science))) to know that
tomorrow night is the best color scheme btw

made a screenshot

Light color schemes are superior. If your eyes hurt adjust your monitor.

adjusting my editors color scheme is easier though

enjoy your eye cancer

if you read text and i mean READ and TEXT then a light scheme is better
if you program a dark scheme is better because while you do read the program it's not like a normal text but rather a set of instructions and it's easier to grasp how things are laid out on a dark background.

Is there any hard science to back up your claim?

You should choose a font size that is comfortable to read. With smalls sizes your eyes will squint without you even noticing and soon you'll need glasses like all the other "smallfontfag" nerds.

some people use lower resolution user, just adjust it to your needs

it is comfortable to read and i dont squint while reading it

my resolution is 1680x1050. this is just the relevant portion of the screen

what

I just use light when the sun's out and dark at night. unless I'm hungover or something. feels right.

found the larper

This syntax is like java and perl had a child

can you please specify what is so awful about this?
can you also show me a language that does this in a way that satisfies you?

Pity the number of light colorschemes is so low and most of them have terrible conflicts.

found the LARPer

Light color schemes are obviously superior. What's the point of using a dark theme when the very instant something isnt dark it blinds your eyes? Why not just adjust your monitors brightness setting so everything looks fine and wont make your eyes bleed

opinion. not an argument
how about you dont position your monitor in front of a window?????
because im not a neet. at work i use multiple monitors, many of which are used not only by me. thanks to the cloud(tm) no matter what computer i use, my config files are always the same.

Name a good light scheme

I'll eventually make a dark pink something colorscheme based on an image I've found but right now solarized dark is too comfy.

Which would (you) rather look at?

I like that light one. What's it called?

gruvbox for vim
github.com/morhetz/gruvbox

For me the dark background is more of a background. A light bg seems to take up space while the dark one just fades away and makes it easier to focus on the text.
Kinda hard to explain...

Noice. That soft light is my preferred mode.

the colors are way too vibrant. it's shit

How about this?

still shit

Help me improve it user

badwolf is already perfect, jus use that scheme

faggot

github.com/chriskempson/base16-tomorrow-scheme
see for how it looks

Is this the tomorrow scheme?

How is this anywhere close to being eye piercing?
Pretty curious to see what do you use.

no. is tomorrow night

lol

Is this bait?

Tried to take off the edge a bit from the red color and swapped some of the others.

Here's my attempt.

amateur

It reminds me of writing code on a zx spectrum or c64, but with horrible syntax highlighting

Nice one. I made a dark version for evening use.

solarized

Enjoy that ocular AIDS, nigger.

I just print the code, read it on paper, make the fixes and ask the resident codemonkey to implement them.

I'm pretty sure keeping an Indian kid locked in a cage with a Thinkpad in your mom's basement is against the law.

>uses (((Holla Forums)))rentheses
these two things are not the same

Enjoy your burned out optical nerve, faggot.

wheatland in emacs is literally perfect

post images

What the actual fuck is this even?

it is reddit. im surprised he got downvoted though

sounds like a woman

Is solarized a meme or actually good?

I use light blue. Homegrown scheme. Speaking of which, I should write all the values down for when I finally ditch 2008 R2 for OpenIndiana or OpenBSD.

enjoy your eye cancer, faggot

Yea, white-on-blue is masterrace amirite? :^)

WHAT IS WITH DRAB-COLOR CONSOLE FAGS?
Virgin-shading vs Chad-saturation!

That shit is dope!

Aesthetics > Ergonomics

And aesthetics of computers are 4-bit color palette, also known as programmers colors.

Amiga's Workbench 1.3 color scheme was supposedly designed to look good and high-contrast on even a shittiest TVs available at the time.
But they switched it to a more boring one in later versions.

Do you actually believe this is relevant to perceived eyestrain on modern monitors, or are you just pretending to be retarded?

I don't see hehehe what would modern monitors change. If anything, there's even more reasons to use light color scheme on an LCD.