What is the best key switch design and why is it Blues?

What is the best key switch design and why is it Blues?
No other key switch can compete for pure tactile goodness. Sure it's loud as fuck, but that's the price you pay for perfection. Blue key switches just about saved my career by allowing me to keep programming all day without any pain. Reds, browns, and other shitty keys are for gamerfags and plebs.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/dp/B01I1N6N3U/ref=twister_B073B2G8HF?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How's your day going n-s-yayyy-kun?
Why not just use a silicone based key press? I mean sure the mechanical key is more durable if dropped. But just buy a new keyboard since they are dirt cheap.

Only poorfags use anything other than Topre.

B U C K L I N G S P R I N G
U
C
K
L
I
N
G

S
P
R
I
N
G

That's literally a el cheapo dell keyboard with a backlight. Do you even touch type?

I currently have a keeb with reds. It's pretty nice, but at some point I would like to get one with blues. The only one I know I can't stand is the little bump ones. I think they're the browns and the clears. Those are trash.

Whats the point of any other keyboard than one that accomodates for touch typists? Like I could see a keyboard backlight for newfags/gamers. But after that just remap keys for actions.

the keyboard on my iphone tbh

I'm never listening to anyone ever again and going with my gut from now on, there isn't a brainless Wojak stupid enough to express how much I loathe myself, what's the most you should pay for a mouse and keyboard.

Brown.

I use a keyboard with MX browns and dampening rings. It feels just fine and doesn't sound loud as fuck. I thought about getting MX blues but my last keyboard had ALPS blues and on those the clickiness was a novelty that got boring fast.

you can get half-decent Chinese mech keyboards for around $30 these days.

Serious question: what's the point of buying a mechanical keyboard if it's going to feel mushy anyway? What's the difference between a brown or a red and a normal rubber dome keyboard? I ask as an owner of a browns keyboard. I guess the main difference it just key travel and responsiveness.

Browns are the only quiet switches that aren't shitty linear switches. The accentuation force is lower than blues too. browns only feel mushy because you're nigger smashing the keys, you caveman

Well a mechanical keyboard makes it more obvious to your brain if you actually pressed down on a key. Along with it being more difficult to press a key right next to it becase it takes more strength to press it down then a silicone keyboard.

Topre > Buckling Spring > 80s alps switches > cherry mx

What do you mean by mushy? I'm pushing keys and the tactile feedback of the brown switch slows my keypress until it hits an obvious "click", where the key actuates.
Is your keyboard second hand? If the previous owner got a lot of use out of it that might have an effect on how the keys feel.

lmao idiot

THIS!
Modern 'clones' of the Model-F key keyboard run for $400+

I use a normal, cheap as fuck, keyboard+mouse combo and it has never let me down.
Really, who needs expensive meme click sounds?

There's something about blues that bothers me. Sometimes I don't bottom out and I can't really tell if the switch has triggered, so it really interferes with my touch typing. I never had that problem on a membrane. I've adjusted to it but even a year later it still feels strange. I just assume now that if I have to question it, it activated - it's a very good chance it did.

i use the cheapest $10 keyboard i could find at wal mart even though i have 2 very expensive clackey key autismboards, i'd rather just replace this piece of shit than have to clean the other ones over and over. i'm a lazy degenerate and used to smoke weed over them and they're filled with dust.

can i just spray them down with ISO and then the garden hose before leaving them to dry for a week or so?

t. no dishwasher

Why use alcohol? Just clean with distilled water and let it dry thouroghly.

Mechanical keyboards have electronics in them. Spraying them with water will fuck them up.
>Soak keys in cold water Don't use warm, it warps the keys

Get something to cover the keyboard when you aren't using it. It helps with dust, so you won't have to clean your keyboard as often.

No one else uses cherry greens?

Distilled water is generally pretty safe for electronics if you dry it quickly and thouroughly. Tap water and the like have dissolved salts, and that's what fucks it up. Pure water is a pretty shit conductor.

That being said, there isn't much of a need to dump any significant amount of water on your keyboard unless you spill soda or some other horrible liquid on it.

You have a point w.r.t. cheap mice. Gamer mice are a scam.
But mechanical is objectively superior for keyboards.

All these fucking cherry switches are the real meme. Alps have been based as fuck since day 1, cherry is just a reddit meme.

Topre is like typing on a mother's love. Buckling springs are great, but way too loud and they make my fingers tired and sore after a couple hours.

You know these are a thing right?

This. If you can deal with the gaymurrrr as fuck keycap font, the redragon kumara is a bretty gud keyboard. Been using one for about six months and it has relieved so much of my hand and wrist pain that I can now type for hours again.

Ignore all the shit calling it a gamer keyboard, it's a tenkeyless Chinese mech where the switches are "supposed" to be comparable to greens, but they feel and sound exactly like real blues. Maybe requiring like 5% less actuation force.

I have Motospeed CK104 with blue switches and I hate them. They are too loud for me. Which ones would you recommend? Brown or red switches?
I'm thinking about buying Corsair K95 Platinum.

The store I got doesn't have that shit.

Are you shitting my cock? I agree Cherry MX is on the bottom rung of Mechanical keyboards, but Topre is just expensive, glorified rubber dome. It doesn't even qualify.

Good rubber domes aren't even as bad as most people say it is. Since all the elitism is behind mechanical boards, nobody bothers classifying the good ones from the bad ones. The old Microsoft wired keyboards are incredibly good for the price, you could get those fuckers for like 10 bucks or less, and they last forever without a single bit of maintenance.

No. Buying without research, especially cheap chink keyboards is not advisable. Thanks to cucks who will buy anything (gaymers, muh aesthetics faggots), vendors get away with not listing 90% of specs (e.g. keycap material and printing method, switch type, plate material, chassis material), and there's plenty of shit that can go wrong.
>crappy, sluggish, bloated chink software with retarded UI that controls most of the keyboard without which you lose like 75% of features (e.g. Corsair, and especially (((Razer))))
>other various problems not mentioned anywhere (e.g. aluminum chassis corrosion, (((Razer))) Blackwidow Chroma X rusting)

Crappy sensors can't track accurately at high speeds, which is needed by muh 0.0001 DPI 'low-sens' autists playing CS:GO swinging their arms all the time. Also, jitter and angle snapping in bad sensors/firmware are shit for games. Good switches that last a lot longer than some generic mouse's are another plus.

Also, reported for posting thumbnail as image #1.

Silent reds.

While I agree with doing research into what you're buying before you buy it, I have never had a bad experience with chinkshit keyboards. Maybe I got lucky.

I love the feeling of the clicky switches but I hate the sound.

Everyone laugh at the defective loser!

That is untrue. They are more lile ancross betwren spring and dome keyboards, if anything. However, topre switches are the best for key feel, hands down.

*more like a cross between
(I am a phoneposter)

What exactly do topre switches feel like? Mushy, clicky, linear? Good key travel?

wtf. that's the opposite of how blues work.

That one is pretty disgusting looking. The MechanicalEagle boards are just as cheap but with barely any gamer shit.
amazon.com/dp/B01I1N6N3U/ref=twister_B073B2G8HF?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Edge cases.

You can usually find this somewhere.

>crappy, sluggish, bloated chink software with retarded UI that controls most of the keyboard without which you lose like 75% of features (e.g. Corsair, and especially (((Razer))))
I'm plugging it into my Linux machine for real work anyway, all I need is basic compatibility.

>other various problems not mentioned anywhere (e.g. aluminum chassis corrosion, (((Razer))) Blackwidow Chroma X rusting)
So don't go swimming with it.

This is a problem. You can get ones with dead switches, etc.

There are cheap models with double-injected ABS keys now.

Glorified rubber dome shit.

lmao

Linear, not clicky, they bottom out easily (at least on my HHKB). Like a Model M but much less harder to press.

Mech keyboards are like Gunpla, the only people that collect them are useless NEETs, and the contributors towards society are mash-brained macfaggots who enjoy a bee's dick of travel before bottoming out the key. I'm from Buenos Aires and I say kill 'em all.

What is 「「「AliExpress」」」?

topre = rubber trash for hipsters
buckling = exhausting clunkies for 40 wpm hipsters
alps = good, but overpriced
cherry mx = objectively the best & very affordable
red and green are underrated

What about Gatreons? I heard they are like cherries, but slightly different/better

silent reds are great for those who want that crisp mechanical switch feel while not being obnoxious.

Blues: For when you want to wake up the whole neighborhood.

I've tried the Razer Green and Orange (quieter) switches, and the loud ass Green ones are by far my favorite. Pretty loud but I live alone.

I have special rubber domes from the 90s, but I'm thinking of grabbing one of those FOSS split keyboards and throwing a Trackpoint IV on it. Anyone else know of split boards with Trackpoint e.g. Ultimate Hacking Keyboard?

brown for life, your opinions are bad

mx blues aren't instant, like the click isn't in sync with the actual actuation point, although I like buckling springs because they just drop when you hit, but the travel time is too long for me and really heavy. although get the model f meme get the clones with actual keyboard layouts because actual nkro.
mx browns feel kinda crap, mx blues are just loud but the cherry mx switches are consistent.
I do like the idea of torpes, but I don't get the whole going slow at press then sliding in after the that bump.

I just want 1mm travel buckling springs that aren't heavy to press so i can go fast

if you're talking homerow-autism touch type, not that big of a deal but if they're holding the camera, you can't show off using two hands, cause one is holding the camera. However, it's extremely bad when they mention how actually slow their wpm and it's not in the 100+ zone.

Alps are generally cheaper than cherry.
You must be a reddit user, because cherry is a meme spread by reddit subhumans and sub-3 month geekhackers

CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK TIKA CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK

You're right though they're really nice to type on.

Black > brown

I bottom out when i type. I prefer RD or what I currently use, Cherry Blacks with 2mm O-rings to blues/browns/buckling springs, I tried topre a very long time ago, I forget exactly what it felt like but I'd probably get one if this keyboard ever dies

Beam Spring > Topre > Capacitative Buckling Springs > Alps > Buckling Spring > mx blue > red = brown = scissor switch > memebrane

Sorry for the double post but, I can't believe you niggers don't know beam spring.

White > black = brown

I use silver (speed) switches because I'm a gaymur. They are silent and sensitive as fuck, but for what I use them for, they are perfect. I tried going back to my brown switches and they felt laggy and slow as fuck. For typing, silvers are above average, definitely take time to get used to.

As I'm not super rich, I just got a ~$100 Unicomp, the modern Model M.

I'm sure you know this already, but Model-F != Model-M. Model-F is capacitive switch buckling spring while Model-M is membrane.

scissor switch is the best switch design, stop falling for the blue/brown/etc switch meme

thisisbait.png

I'm no doctor, but that doesn't sound normal.

What exactly are you shoving in there?

The only thing I like scissor switches is their flat profile, which means you can hit combinations like de and ed with one stroke and no awkwardness, which is impossible with most keyboards being slanted and having non-flat profiles.

Also blue switches a shit: inconsistent clicking, asymmetrical actuation/reset points, may develop rattling, noise will make anyone close by hate you.

You mean easier?

MX-Greens are the superior typing experience.

If you're deaf already, yes

Never had issues with either of these.

Every mechanical switch can fail or break, which is why it's so nice that it's trivial to replace a keyswitch with a soldering iron. It's like two contacts to desolder and resolder, and replacement switches are dirt-cheap.

Valid complaint, but if you're using blues, this probably isn't a problem for you. I have a keyboard with browns and one with blues so I can switch out when I need something quiet (especially when on a conference call).

I've had both Blues and Greens and I haven't noticed the Greens being particularly louder, they're just a heavier switch.