Password Managers

What's the definitive Holla Forums recommended password manager in the current epoch?

I've been using Keepass(XC) for some time now, but its compatibility with Firefox WebExtensions leave quite some room for improvement. I've recently heard Bitwarden being shilled quite a lot on places like Hacker News and Reddit. Is it any good?

Other urls found in this thread:

passwordstore.org).
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I use pass (passwordstore.org). Simple format and uses gpg encryption.

passwords managers are bad, insecure

it is easy for malware to check for known passwords managers and steal all passwords from them

it is actually better if you stored passwords as plaintext in nigger.txt file, as automatic tools won't steal those passwords

you should only use something like simple password generator (or just md5/sha/hash random text)

But I want the convenience of browser integration.

There may be an extension for that, but it's not too inconvenient to just use the clipboard.

All password managers in cy+2 are backdoored except the one you write yourself. Or your mind.

They would also need to steal my private key, brute force the key's pass phrase, and brute force the password database's pass phrase.

method of loci

But I want the sort of integration where you just click on the username field and a drop-down list shows you all the saved choices.

You know, the convenience where, if it's an previously encountered and trusted domain, the whole thing would just be automatically filled if you only have a single saved login for that domain.

I don't know why that would give you the impression that it's good, nor do I know why you'd ever browse these sites.

why, if the malware could just wait till you open your password manager and use it

I mean, it's supposedly FOSS.
I just have never heard of channers talking about it, so I'm asking.

lol

If it's able to read the password file from your system it can run a key logger and simply wait for you to unlock it

You're just moving goalposts at this point
Why don't you pull the Intel Management Engine card? At least that's interesting.

lol

I'm using bitwarden. It's made by one guy that open sources everything under AGPLv3. You can host your own server if you don't trust his. I sent him 10$ for a premium too. Works exactly they way you want to. I'm having trouble making it work with uMatrix and uBlock Origin but that'll be fixed in the latest version.

bitwarden is literally made by the nsa.

kek

lol

why didnt this post bump this thread?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
bump

WHY WONT YOU LET ME BUMP THIS THREAD
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

What's wrong with keepassx?

nothing

you already lost anyway.

Password managers aren't designed to protect you from malware. They're designed to help you protect yourself in the event of a data breach on some random website you signed up on 4 years ago. Having the same password everywhere is retarded and nobody has the time or energy to remember literally 100+ passwords

bump desu