Systemd thread

systemd 235 released

lists.freedesktop.org/archives/systemd-devel/2017-October/039589.html

Other urls found in this thread:

bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=761658
raw.githubusercontent.com/systemd/systemd/master/CODING_STYLE
outreachy.org/
github.com/rust-lang/rust/issues/29723
github.com/rust-lang/rust/issues?utf8=✓&q=is:open is:issue label:I-unsound sort:created-asc label:A-borrow-checker
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

wtf I love seeing cystemd now

I am disappoint

Remember systemd uses google DNS as fallback by default:

bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=761658

Reading Marco's posts gave me cancer.
the system administrator or provided by DHCP, and I see no value in
allocating development time to break cases which currently work by
removing support for a default.
Since the Google resolvers are a very reliable widely anycasted service
which third parties are encouraged to use they actually look like a sane
fail-safe default, hence I am closing this bug.

When is systemd going to be it's own os? I'm tired of all these freetards ruining it for everyone.

systemd is bad because it's Ctard crap. Everything related to Unix and Linux is garbage.

tbh, systemd would be fine if it was rewritten in rust.
On the other hand, there is no saving Linux. That shit is broken no matter what.

Enjoy your dns remote excution vulnerability.
h ttps://searx.me:3000/?mortyurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.infosecurity-magazine.com%2Fnews%2Flinux-systemd-vulnerability-dns%2F&mortyhash=7441a075568780d02e919db4e6d7ff6e23b78b353f97de5e131a4e12354ffb54

Yes. It's called "the HURD."
If only it could run Linux modules...

Typical line that rustaceans says.
You say that all the time for any software even those who don't gain about having memory security.
systemd isn't fine it will never be fine because it's a design problem not a language one.

haha, holy shit!

>raw.githubusercontent.com/systemd/systemd/master/CODING_STYLE
NANI?

based Lennart

Its like people still don't understand how RH encourages actual development of Linux.

user, they already have wayland ;)

SMF FOR LYFE!

why is debian so best?

outreachy.org/

outreachy.org

hot tbh

guys i have an idea. let's subvert systemd by introducing bugs that result in catastrophic failures; think of it as accelerationism for software. we get systemd to fuck up so badly, and with enough blog posts we can convince a major distro or two to fall back to sysvinit, maybe even openrc.

systemd is not openssl

Could Shepherd be a possibility?

github.com/rust-lang/rust/issues/29723
github.com/rust-lang/rust/issues?utf8=✓&q=is:open is:issue label:I-unsound sort:created-asc label:A-borrow-checker

oh yeah totally safe

Fuck off NSA

Nah, it won't happen. FOSS doesn't mean they will accept arbitrary shit you'll be sending.
And btw the net effect of systemd is positive, it fixes a bunch of problems which little people had acknowledged before. And it's harder to fuck up system configuration with it (on a server I mean), so it must also give good net effect on web safety, etc.

True

proof?

Redhat

how? pajeet please!

Anyone that doesn't like systemd is incompetent

dub dubs confirm systemd haters are retards

I don't mind networkmanager, but otherwise yeah I agree.

systemDICK will perhaps fuck the autists ass hard enough to make it usable everyday

if you never tried to admin a linux system for production, I can't explain it to you.

I'm not falling for your D&C anti-rust propaganda!

pulseaudio is ok.

lol

it fixes little shit that script kiddies have difficulty figuring out

The whole idea behind FOSS is that I shouldn't be prevented from using my computer however I want. Systemd is trying to take the end user out of the equation as much as possible. This is antithetical to the very core of what Linux and any open source project is supposed to be about.

Are there any Forks of Ubuntu without systemd?

Where were you when they were rolling out GRUB2? For which you need fucking grub-customizer to configure? The rot is deeper than systemd is what I'm saying.

Just use BSD instead