MintBox Mini PC

The MintBox Mini is a silent, quad-core Linux Mint PC that fits in your pocket

Linux users will no longer be left out of the miniature PC party with the MintBox Mini, a pocket-sized Linix Mint rig, due out next quarter.

While devices like the Raspberry Pi have already enabled Linux in diminutive packages, the MintBox Mini should be a clear step up in performance. According to the Linux Mint blog, it'll pack an AMD A4 6400T processor with Radeon R3 graphics, 4GB of RAM, and 64GB of solid state storage. That should be more than sufficient for Web browsing, word processing, and video playback. As the name suggests, it'll include Linux Mint out the box.

Between the SSD and the passively cooled processor, the MintBox Mini runs utterly silent.
[ Further reading: 4 Linux projects for newbies and intermediate users ]

As for size, the MintBox Mini will measure 0.95 inches thick, with a volume of 0.22 liters. That makes it three times smaller than Intel's NUC desktops, and five times smaller than the original Mintbox from 2012. It should be small enough to stuff in your pocket.

Connectivity options will include two HDMI ports, two headphone/microphone jacks, MicroSD and five USB ports. It'll also have an Ethernet jack and 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi.

There's no word on an exact release date, but manufacturing partner CompuLab plans to offer the MintBox Mini through Amazon some time in the second quarter. It'll cost $295, with a portion of the proceeds going to Linux Mint, and will include a five-year warranty.

Why this matters: Miniature, desktop-grade PCs have been gaining traction lately, with Intel pushing its NUC kits and several PC vendors offering their own tiny Chrome OS and Windows boxes. But if you want Linux running out of the box, your options have been slim. While we haven't seen the MintBox Mini up close, there's a chance it could tick all the right boxes for Linux geeks when it launches later this year.

pcworld.com/article/2871328/the-mintbox-mini-is-a-silent-quad-core-linux-mint-pc-that-fits-in-your-pocket.html

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/dp/B01N6H3020
amazon.ca/s/ref=sr_nr_p_n_feature_five_bro_4?fst=as:off&rh=n:2404990011,k:Mini PC,p_n_feature_five_browse-bin:7326866011&keywords=Mini PC&ie=UTF8&qid=1507157614&rnid=7326861011
inctel.com.cn/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Hmmm...

amazon.com/dp/B01N6H3020

Is this thing a scam or could I actually use it with Gimp, a shitload of tabs open, etc. for lightning-speed shitposting and meme creation?

amazon.ca/s/ref=sr_nr_p_n_feature_five_bro_4?fst=as:off&rh=n:2404990011,k:Mini PC,p_n_feature_five_browse-bin:7326866011&keywords=Mini PC&ie=UTF8&qid=1507157614&rnid=7326861011

A lot of mini-pc say they can do 4k but I highly doubt they can play any games or play video or do anything properly at that resolution...

What are the best computers available that come with linux (and all necessary drivers) pre-installed?

BOTNET
This isn't at all an advertisement.

This would be killer with Raven Ridge later this year!

Which distro are you using and on what?

Gentoo on a librebooted thinkpad.
Checkmate atheists.

Check.

Solus is pretty good.

Is that the computer that the main guy of Linux Mint decided to to in Israel after he badmouthed them ?

why does this need to exist.
i don't care what distro it comes with and mint is shit
for $300 you can build a far more powerful computer
for $300 you can buy a far more powerful laptop
your going to plug this tiny box into a big ass monitor anyway.
this is literally a memebox

You don't need to spend 300$ for that.

Not by much, let's be honest here.
But at least it would have its own chiclet keyboard, TN panel monitor and 2000mA battery, and a mis-positioned touchpad.

I doubt that unless you really cheap out on components that break in a month.

Gentoo Foundation
Gentoo Foundation
20 First Plaza Ste. 517
Albuquerque, Ne 87102
UN
Telephone: 16044175974

now what?

you can get these types of computers directly from China and cut out the shekel snatching middle-man
inctel.com.cn/

Holy shit are you this stupid? Let me show you then. The only exception being that if you live outside the USA maybe it is not hijacked "on behalf of" gentoo.

I don't understand. Are you afraid that Amazon will make a backdooring attempt in such a way that the signs of their attempt are spread across thousands of databases across the world and are easily detectable?

>I don't understand. Are you afraid that (((cianiggers))) will make a backdooring attempt in such a way that the signs of their attempt are spread across thousands of databases across the world and are easily detectable?
I am not afraid. It is a statement of fact. Whoever owned gentoo.org before has been re-registered on behalf of amazon/cianiggers. The question is when (((they))) will act. Or if (((they))) already have. The install gentoo meme, just like everything else, is a fucking botnet.

I have 4 tabs open on firefox + ffmpeg encoding a bunch of audio and my ram usage sits at 57% on a 960MB ram computer (64MB reserved for integrated graphics).

Nah I'm good

do you have any idea how much fucking spam you get from Pajeets if you use your own contact info on a whois

Doesn't linux mint allow you to use upstart?

Brainlet those horsefuckers at /pone/ would love to see you join their organization of niggers. I hear taking it in the ass is a ritual to them over there. With such blatent homesexual tendencies as yours you will join their herd quiet nicely.

You've obviously never bought a domain. They usually obfuscate your whois data for little or no charge. Your insistent retardation only shows you have no idea how the internet actually works.

I believe the point of is that you are implying
If

If you wanna break everything, sure

it can run 17 which has no systemd so thats something

Librem, System76, Pogolinux

Better buy the huge ass, ugly heat sink for that passively cooled little flamer.