Beautiful buildings

ITT:
We post beautiful buildings we see

also im going to the trump rally tomarro. Anyone else going? Should i yell Pepe?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bHw4MMEnmpc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Diego_California_Temple
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Illinois
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What's this faggotry of modernity?

mostly to show off the pretty good shot i got of the tower the other day. That and see if any other anons were in vegas and going to the rally

Left - Trump's purposed project.
Right - what was done instead

Both are hideous

Best looking skyscrapers ever build. Thanks CIA…

I like the second one more, it's more sleek/futuristic. The first one looks like a chocolate easter egg wrapped in gold.

I am an Architect and all of those are ugly! I like post modern building but I also love old buildings (especially cathedrals) from the Gothic era.

Hmm.. OK, I hate it now.

Marxists are planning a riot. Be armed and put one down in the name of the Emperor.

Eh, I get a hard on for modernist architecture.

Daily reminder

Nice. I considered becoming an architect one, but the job prospects in my country are rather slim, and I know i wouldn't be allowed to anything other than the awful squares of modernity.

It looks like a jail.

Looks like one of Frank Gehry's works

Peterhof Palace, St Petersburg

The 2nd one is tasteless unremarkable modern crap, but it's still the better building. People like windows and there's no way you can viably spread natural light through that 1st pic.

Everything modernist and post modernist is UGLY. Objective fact. We need to exterminate the existence of this hideous form of art.

BALLS IN YOUR FACE

needs more spires

why is starship enterprise flying into the frame

It just really wants to be a building. It's trying so hard.
A volume just arbitrarily squared off at some sides into something remotely resembling a construction, sprinkled with the various details that real ones would have.
It's got railings and windows and walls and a ceiling and everything.

Modern and traditional architecture can both be beautiful.

One of the most important and sadly neglected aspects of good architecture is it's relationship with the buildings around it. Any city is overwhelmingly improved by making sure all the buildings in a neighbourhood tie together. That's why it's so disgusting to see thoughtless Modernism crammed into Paris or Bavaria, but it works in Singapore or Tokyo.
Of course every architect wants to leave their mark, same as any nigger with a spray can.

That said, architecture should be about function and stability as much as aesthetic (t. the Vitruvian triad). Even if we're attempting to fit into the aesthetic of a historical neighbourhood we should still be attempting to use modern technology and modern advances in a way that minimises our environmental footprint and contributes to a more resilient city in regards to natural disasters or civic unrest.

Also, Ken Yeang's shit is tight. Ecologically sound construction that'd make you feel like you were living in a jungle/field if it was widespread.

Indeed. Being from a european country myself, this aspect is especially painful - seeing modernist glass and conrete cubes erected next to neautiful dutch renaissance architecture.

The architect that does that wittingly does something evil in my opinion - he breaks tradition and cuts off our people at our roots, separating us from our ancestors and the thousand-year continuum of the development of our architecture, and its connection to our people and our past.

Some of know this and does it either way. Take the example of Dresden Musuem and its architect; (((Libeskind))).

Look at that picture.

Deliberate destruction of beauty and tradition.

THAT is a vicious attack on our civilization.

I live in Vegas, that building is a fucking eyesore. Not only is it gaudy but structurally it is a complete POS. A lot of the newer buildings on the strip are made to have a high earthquake rating as the strip is in the basin of greater Las Vegas but Trump tower didn't even really take it into consideration. In terms of blindingly bright I've only the only other buildings on par with it are the Mandalay Bay and during certain times of day the Luxor. We get any serious earthquakes and that thing is going down hard.

I personally like the design of the Aria. It's more subtle(although it is marketed to the worst kind of people).

You have awful taste lad

We need more comfy swastibuildings. Any bob the builder here that can give me a small briefing on how that would work aesthetically ?

How's life in Vegas? Might move there in 2018.

Decent enough for a large city. There are small pockets that almost feel rural. Tons of open desert to hike if that's your thing. Our gun laws are decent but I have to admit it has gone downhill, especially in the past decade. A lot of the Californians that got tired of Cali moved out here and Las Vegas being the largest portion of Nevada's population has cause a noticeable shift to the left for the state as a whole. I have planned to move out in about 4 years(if we can make it that long without a SHTF scenario). It definitely isn't bad and I wouldn't recommend NOT moving here if your current situation is worse but I'm second generation here so I don't take the decision to move lightly. Who knows I may just be looking at our current situation compared to the good old days of 1-2 decades ago.

If you do decide to move out here just remember that downtown/Freemont is fucking cancer and the farther from the strip you are the better. Moving into an area within a mile of the open desert will usually only get you a good 2-4 years before most of the accessible desert is developed unless you move into a slow growing area outside of Vegas like Logandale or Boulder.

Looks like a glorified hobbit hole. Is suburban culture so ingrained in you that you need to have a lawn as a roof?

this tbh goys.

You can make modern sky scrappers in whatever design you want, but the truth is they're all the same shade of ugly and uncultural

PWA moderne is masterrace tbh at least in burgerica, knee jerk traditionalists can fuck off with their gothic revival cancer tbh it was already done before and modern society is not 14th century northern europe

that is a purposeful defacing tbh, 99 percent of professionals know that you are supposed to attach the add-on to the rear and make it blend while not aping the original facade

Not everything new is shit.
Good modern architecture and remodelling of old buildings:

I have an architecture folder.

Why beauty matters - Roger Scruton
Quintessential documentary on modern art, traditional beauty and architecture. A must see for architecture fags.
youtube.com/watch?v=bHw4MMEnmpc

Robarts Library looks pretty good (at least from the outside, I've never been in it). Brutalism is really hard to get right, so I understand a general aversion to it, but it's not all shit.

is that hugh ferris?

While his monolithic boulders look awesome I wonder if they would be devoid of light on the inside due to their thickness.

Have some 20s european brickwork in return.

forgot two pics related to my two posts above.

Should be mandatory viewing for Holla Forums.

my entire campus is one huge brutalist project build on three large beton plates onto a mountain. Most buildings are some disgusting brutalist post-modern mix build in the 60s-70s. Myuniversity has the highest suicide rate in my country…

Yell Shadilay

That looks like the place they'll send me to one day for posting on Holla Forums. If we lose.

Looks better than most of the examples I've seen.
Still has that strange look of a menacing construction for corrupt and arrogant 80's business firm, except left abandoned for a few decades and then repurposed with minimal repair. As if every surface was missing some sleek paneling.

I was thinking of studying architecture with structual engineering, you got any advice?
Will I ever get creative freedom over what I design?

Seems like the whole point of modernist or postmodernist architecture is to just make buildings as ugly as possible. I don't see how anyone could possibly think these look good unironically.

Everything in the 19th century and before looked great. Why can't we just go back to that? I get that architects want muh innovation and muh originality, but architects are faggots. Why do people accept this shit, instead of saying "if you make my building look ugly you're not getting paid"?

Thoughts?

I wonder what kind of subhuman beast would think of destroying that.

not only that but also totally disorientating since nothing has symetry inside the building. They added candom courves, corners and blovks everywhere. Most of those things are just betonfilled and server no purpose but 'aesthetics'. It's so confusing especially when you run from one course to the next one because of a fuvked time shedule

it is hugh ferriss.

That sounds horrible. The architect has done a lot to damage there.

Scrap Metal: The Hotel

modernist buildings can look neet when you see one on it's own but when you see four lined up together they look fucking retarded, theres too much shit going on. The gothic stuff is rad though.

because the only think left to modernists is novelty.

The art reflects the nature of modernity back at us: It's devoid of ma spirit or any meaning. In the post-modern cities of the future london will look like tokyo will look like Paris will look like Rio. All with their unique forms for the sake of diversity but just the same because of it. It's realy a fitting analogy to the forced diversity of people destroying actual diversity. Every large metropolis is full of the same mix of people and the same pretentious mix of buildings.

Can anyone guess without looki g it up which three cities these are?

And here the contrast. Just look how much thought went into this classical structure, I don't think art & architecture students could or would analyze a modern structure like this?

Single piece marble collums impprted from Egypt to rome

The problem I have with modernist architecture boils down to a couple of things:

I'm pretty sure shitting up art/architecture was a way to demoralize the west.

HOLY SHIT! Is that huge flying saucer going to hit Trump International Hotel?

Not me

That Duomo

JUDEN

Is that a real thing?

sorry for being a retard

FUCKING MORMIES REEEEEEEEEEE

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Diego_California_Temple

Pretty comfy/10
Though that second one would be hard to do today, stone masonry is a dying art

That's pretty amazing, too bad it's tiny.

Art Deco was the last valid art style.

That is indeed some fashy goywork. Reminds me somewhat of the buildings of the The Third Reich.

Have some screenshots from Final Fantasy XV

Some of the most striking buildings I've witnessed in the flesh.

Yeah, seeing a photo of a building is nothing compared to standing next to it, St. Peter's Basilica is insane inside.

You know, that's a great way to put it. What's weird though is that while diversity is pushed by (((politicians))), the building designs presumably get approved by the person paying for it. Why don't they want a beautiful building instead of an ugly one? Wouldn't that reflect better on their business? Wouldn't a pretty building be more desirable to tenants and residents? Most of these businesspeople aren't architects or artists, so they wouldn't even appreciate the autistic originality that appeals to modernists. It's like modernists scamming people to impress their modernist friends with how autistic they are.

But of course the business owners that build these are the same people who lobby politicians to push diversity, so I guess it's not surprising that they're all nihilistic shits who only want to make the world a nastier place.

Yeah, those pics are nice. Saved as inspiration for my own house that I hope to build one day.

It's alright. Nowhere near as bad as modern shit, but not really as good as earlier stuff either. The only plus is novelty, but you could just not be a novelty-seeking faggot.

I like it.
Looks actually rather cozy as things go, but then I have a weird thing of liking cramped closed interior spaces 8 inches or less from my head, and then just wanting oaring un preterbed views of the landscape.

lol hope you like grey lmao

sage for OP being a kike shill.

Posted are the only building that matter.

GTFO and go to >>/architecture/ kike

It's time for trump to get an Upgrade.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Illinois

Trump can operate a fleet of self driving autos to replace Taxis that employ shit skins.

The Mile High Illinois, Illinois Sky-City, or simply The Illinois is a visionary skyscraper that is over 1 mile (1,600 m) high, conceived and described by noted American architect Frank Lloyd Wright in his 1957 book, A Testament.[1] The design, intended to be built in Chicago, included 528 stories, with a gross area of 18,460,000 square feet (1,715,000 m2). Wright stated that there would have been parking for 15,000 cars and 150 helicopters.[1

If built, it would top the list of the tallest building in the world by far, being more than four times the height of the Empire State Building, and twice as tall as the world's current tallest building, the Burj Khalifa, the design of which is said to have been inspired by that of The Illinois.

My current college is entirely brutalist. The library looks like a spaceship.

Tbh though I kind of like it. The interior of the buildings is pretty interesting actually. It has a very strange floor plan with a lot of stairs. Wish I had more pictures. I understand the hate for brutalism, but I think Rudolph was expert enough to make something somewhat nice out of it.

I like to chop wood, but damn…

Bit overboard with the solar power as well.

I tried a little architectural photography before, I haven't been to any big cities of note so no photos of historic buildings yet.

IM GONNA MAKE EM GIVE BACK OUR PAST

nah it's a traditional solar-powered viking longhouse m8

Punished “Turtles” Jeb: A traitor denied his nomination

seven turtles were harmed in the making of this post.

HQ of the Spanish Inquisition, Cartagena, Colombia……………………………………………..Remains of a Gas Chamber at Auschwitz Birkenau……………………………………………….The Mechanics School of the Argentine Navy, Buenos Aires

That thing is monstrously ugly. Box towers are ugly as sin.

I've been to budapest and it was fucking great. Cheap prices, lots of shit to see, and most importantly a lot of white people, and very little to no shitskins

I would've gone but I didn't even know there was one today. It'd probably be hard to get in anyway. I showed up like 3-4 hours early to the rally at South Point to get a good seat

They're both shit.

You are

the whole thing is connected in an underground level of sorts. It's like rats running through sewer tunnels. Leftism.

Yeang is a meme spammer who thinks grass=beauty it's like the Chia pet version of the Sears tower ffs. Pic related it's actual organic beauty, courtesy of paella niggers.

florence is pretty amazing in general for architecture tbh fam

Brutality = underrated. Also with an element of Gothic thrown in, it's gorgeous. Went back and watched the tim Burton batman again, the first one, it's fucking fantastic. The guy directing the art made an entire new York city at pinewood studios, it was worth the whole movie just to see that.

It looks like the piping under my fucking sink was made into a building.

Gotta agree, Florence has the best architecture of any city I've seen.

I'd have to say it's because everything fits in with the neighboring buildings. None of that "modernist glass and steel skyscraper next to 16th century brick" crap.

It always pisses me off when you see natural beauty with things like this stuck on top. Compare to poor fishing villages. How could you possibly fuck it up?

that stuff is actually babylonian classic while fascists when greeko-roman neo-classic.
The imagery reflexts that too. Winged statues and cascading blocks. No suprise tho, since the talmudic faith was developed during the jewish exile in babylon. Brutalism does reflect the same elements too just more deconstructed.

only works because of the nice play with the shadows there creating even more cascading.

same goes for soviet buildings just as for the ones build in New York around that time

If you don't think this is the best watertower ever, you're a shill.

Its not in Sweden.

Just do it in a brown brickwork to symbolize our age properly

All of you should be killed for your shit taste.

r*de

you should be killed for not reading what people write.

Post things you like, fag.

modern storefront design needs to die a horrible death

protip striped classical/moderne is not neoclassical you fucking moron

Just because Trump had the thing built does mean it is beautiful, you mongoloid.

Almost looks as bad as those mcmansions

Hahahaha. It's like in the video with Roger Scruton where he mentions that the garden copies of the David are not actually beautiful even though they imitate a masterpiece.

This has the same vibe to it.

This thing is cool. I like the skelebro

I'm not trying to be facetious but Americans arn't very good at subtlty.

Its a big country. We dont need gay little apartments.

Live in a mansion then, not an architectural botched abortion

I think this would be preferable to a mansion tbh

Wouldn't call that golden rectangle beautiful. In your face yes, beautiful no.

Pic related is beautiful.

brutalism the best

Ugly. Can you imagine that place in the winter and how much maintenance it would need.

Prague is a very beautiful city

it looks like a benis :^)

Trump's gold tower is probably the only (((modern))) building I like.

Second pic building is awesome. Gothic buildings are the best.

That's our abomination of a mall located on the strip.

Tell that to DC. A 1 bedroom is all I can afford. I just met really rich people and all they can afford is shit housing too. I just want country living with about 4000 sq ft, a lot of that comfy wrap around porch. To hell with a huge monstrosity close to the city yet lacking a big yard.

I make decent money and a 1 bedroom is all I can afford as well. I don't know how some people do it.

You don't know what your talking about.