Never Watch the Electric Jew

Watching TV puts your mind into "Alpha Mode"

bobcrowproductions.com/2010/09/the-mind-and-its-modes/
>Research has shown that the alpha mode is an ideal state for learning. In alpha the mind is sharp and it is very receptive to suggestions and ideas and here is where we have our epiphanies. It’s in the alpha mode where our thoughts and concepts come together.

uoflife.com/epicenter/TV.HTM
>One of the reasons that the mind slips into alpha mode while watching television is due to the lack of eye movement while watching television. Because most television screens are relatively small, very little eye movement is required to absorb all of the images on the screen. There is a direct correlation between eye movement and thought stimulation.

Fascinating Side note: I believe that a person can actually stimulate their left prefrontal cortex by practicing rapid eye movement while listening to music.
The more I practice these rapid eye movements, the more I sense a dull magnetic feeling come over my left brain. Even Weirder, I can make it move…

Other urls found in this thread:

cluesforum.info/index.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You do realize that alpha mode is where we learn?
Meaning watching propaganda is bad, but watching facts/learning shows is good.

It's not brainwashing intentionally, although some content is likely chosen with knowledge of the brainwash effect.

You still shouldn't watch TV though

And no you can't make your brain move dipshit.
Too many useful idiots on Holla Forums these days, not that we don't appreciate your aid in the movement but come on.
The brain doesn't move.

weird… my eyes never stop moving… I am tarded

I'm not saying that. I'm saying it definitely feels like I can move where the highest activity is.

Article confirmed for written by a retard. It's trance-like not trans-like.

Not necessarily user.
You can achieve alpha state purely through thought, but concentration physically manifests as still eyes in part so it makes sense. If you want to study binaural audio is alleged to be able to get you to alpha levels.

That's probably placebo, but good on ya.

Probably placebo effect. You think you can move it hard enough or you're feeling so much sensory 'white noise' that in trying to make sense of the sensation you interpret it as moving the activity. Your eyes are always moving due to saccade reflexes. Look them up to understand your optics a little better.

Talmudvision is very very bad for nationalism in mixed race countries.

Watching TV is fine in moderation, just don't watch crap. You'd have to be pretty dumb to fall for advertisements and brainwashing anyways.

Do online video have the same effect?

Reading must be the same, I get all my 'epiphany moments' and good ideas when reading, but that has lots of eye movement obviously, but not rapid.

I watched the tv a bunch growing up since my family was never home and I was basically always a racist/mean/fascist leaning person

guess it didnt work on me

maybe it was because I went to a multiracial school

How embarrassing.

but all my other good threads for the week - kikey has banned me from making :( I'm not allowed to teach you about the stats behind Myers Briggs

It was not a mistake

There is literally nothing wrong with anime desu

You might have brain damage and be suffering from nystagmus.

Then why's your waifu got pimples on her ass?

T…that's …….

ok

Is "alpha mode" the name for the mental state of people binge-reading TV Tropes?

No, that's called autism.

The real lesson to learn from this is to be careful what you put in your mind. Browsing image boards can be just as harmful if you're looking at boards like Holla Forums, Holla Forums, or Holla Forums

Wait, since when is a sharp mind one which is very susceptible to suggestion? That sounds like a dull and weak mind to me.

Look up doublespeak.

Maybe high comprehension but low criticism.

Rapid eye movement was gamma or beta mode. It's the mode you also enter when you dream. Brainwaves sound like pseudoscience but they are real but I am not sure if you can really influence them. On a pseudoscientific note when I bring my forehead close to another persons forehead I feel a kind of pressure. I guess magnetic feeling describes it too. Dunno what it is other people don't have it. Might be my autism

don't you dare insult our lord and savior suiseiseki you goon-fuck

Unrelated to the brainwashing bit but wouldn't this be really helpful for educational purposes? Put all your kids in trance mode then teach them algebra, etc. Kinda flies in the face of the whole "active learning" kick teachers are on right now.

Pushing down on me? Pressing down on you? No man ask for.

(((facts)))

Fabricated news is the most potent form of TV mind control.

cluesforum.info/index.php

Commie Core uses binaural beats for this.

Have watched selective shows online for years, there are no advertisements.

Why I specified not watching propaganda.
When we are on Holla Forums I think we can all agree that everyone who posts here knows the difference between facts and (((facts)))

Never point a meme gun at a mind unless you wish to destroy it.

A TV is a meme gun.

It's not you, I experience that too when I'm close to someone else's forehead.

*not just you

I don't need to role play being autistic

I was about to say this, this is a field we could use more study in. Custom edits of audiobooks with low volume beats in the background could be useful, or maybe researching if there's a particular brainwave pattern that associates with focusing on exercise for better gains and whatnot.

That's because of morphic fields.

Am I the only one here who abstains from TV not because it's bad for you, but because usually everything on it is pretty shit and/or boring?

OP, you retard…What tv does is put you into a, LOWER state of consciousness. Beta or even Theta.

No, your parents weren't joking when they said the jewbox made you stupid. It's full of the worst [current year] propaganda. Movies are even worse.

This. I like watching KoTH reruns, and that's about it.

But user, that's exactly what we need!

probably

Don't wanna derail, I know all the edgy 'y-gen' kids are weened off television. But before you go all high-and-mighty how red-pilled you are, someone should really start looking into the effects of sitting glued to the interwebs and shitposting 12-hours a day. I have a feeling it might not be pleasant.

An Alpha state of mind while watching the propaganda machine isn't of any good to you.