What are some good superman books

What books but the steel in the man of steel?

Red Son, Kindom Come, anything with Jimmy, anything from the silverage.

Silverage only because they're so ridiculously stupid and fun right?

Would you guys recommend Superman Birthright?

Red Son. Current Superman run when it's focusing on him and his family. I remember the first Earth One Superman book being decent. I haven't read many Superman focused books.

Peace on Earth, absolutely.

I'd personally recommend the Phantom Zone mini and its epilogue story in the last issue of DC Comic Presents.

Yes.

No

Red Son, for sure.

As well as Superman: Brainiac, Last Son, What's So Funny About Truth, Justice and the American Way, Earth One (all three volumes so far), All-Star Superman, For the Man Who Has Everything, and maybe Death of Superman, if only for its historical importance, because the plot is kinda shit and has more prominence on B-list Justice League members.

Kingdom Come is a must, but it's not strictly Superman.

Basically it revolves around Superman retiring after the Justice System lets off a guy for murdering another villain.

Absolutely modern marvel tier writing.

Superman for all seasons is pretty comfy.

Although Jeph Loeb portrays Superman as kind of a doofus.

FTFY

No. Read "Secret Origin" instead. Better art and a more believable origin story.

Stick with Man of Steel.

Silver Age primer pack.

We also have a Bizarro storytime going on

Under A Red Sun is a nice character piece. Nothing groundshaking, but an enjoyable read.
Also Superman: Secret Identity, although that one's not about Superman at all.

Was American Alien any good?

Red Son is shit, fight me.

Johns isn't the greatest, but he doesn't insert a bunch of social justice bullshit wherever he can find a blank space.

And I agree. Man of Steel is better.

To be fair, Waid hadn't really started doing that when he wrote Birthright. I still don't like it, the story's rather bland and he made Superman a vegan pussy who doesn't eat meat because he can see an aura around living things and gets sad when they die, but it's not as bad as all that.

I can't be the only one who liked Sale's art.