Ducktales

New trailer finally giving us some footage

Honestly this looks fun. Thoughts Holla Forums ?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/fW4xn
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Duck_universe
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Popeye_the_Sailor_(animated_cartoons)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Popeye
work.chron.com/difference-between-navy-seals-marines-25263.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Fuck off with the disneyshit, shill.

Ugly character design, theme sounds like it was dubbed by pretentious cucks, huey/dewey/louie sound like screaming dudebros, Webby's VA sounds like Ghostbusters reboot reject..

Could be decent by today's standards.

Square butts look weird, as does the art style overall. I liked how it looked in the concept art better.

Kids are aged to "kinda teenager" level, eh. Going to be better than Quack Pack on that regards at least I guess.

Flintheart Glomgold, instead of made into the mean South African Scrooge McDuck he's defined as in the comics, was not only kept a scot but a fat one at that, so I'm going to guess that Magica won't be changed into an Italian either

That's the negatives out- positives, I like the tone taking more from the comics (the setup seems to be paralleling Life and Tales of Scrooge McDuck), Tennant as Scrooge takes a bit of getting used to since he sounds so young but when you do it's good, I like Donald being recognised as not being useless.

Cautiously optimistic.

Looks alright but the designs of the kids look out of place, im not liking the new chick either but it could be fun.

At least Donald seems to be his original self.

Yeah it looks fun, I don't think it will measure up to the old show but that could just be the nostalgia talking. I'll give it the try at least

How much did Disney pay each of you?

Nothing, I've just genuinely liked Disney comics since I was a kid. I don't like the original Ducktales, but am forcing myself to be a touch optimistic in here.

Gotta agree with this guy. These voices are terrible.

its shit

but i want to fuck that shoehorned "female lead" character. i'd solve her vagina maze if you get what im saying.

I was expecting at least some effort into the trolling. Like mention one of the show runner's is Alex Hirsch's highly liberal beard, "CuckTales", Donald Drumpfduck, something along that lines. This is just some low effort by the motions shit, literally and figuratively kill yourselves.

Kill yourself.

we could have had a cool-looking afrikaner glomgold

instead we're getting fucking fat scot from the austin powers films

Wait who was this guy again, my memory is failing me.

Gotta get the celebrity voice actors but besides that everything seems decent, jokes are there and we get angry world destroyed Donald. So far everything seems well.

Yeah its been getting pretty pathetic

Hey Holla Forums

South African millionaire who's Scrooge's rival who uses more villainous methods to get his goal.

Except, sorry, forgot to mention, Ducktales made him Scottish for some reason. I was hoping the new show would correct that, instead they just made him worse.

Holla Forumscksuckers are such hypocrites.

To give a lot of benefit to the doubt, it could be a disquise or a lacky of Glomgold, maybe as a throw in to the fans of the original show, but the real Glomgold looks like his Comic Self.

And missed it by that much…

Dojyaaa~n

THIS IS NOW A JOJO THREAD.

Thanks

It was pretty close near the mark, hopefully they stick to the main story and show a good amount of Donald.

Hey Hijinks.

White South Africans are political incorrect and are an endangered species

I'd have taken the compromise of him being Scottish but looking like the comics

but NOOOO we get fucking shit

I'm not surprised at their decision- they're going with what normal fucks will remember, and if he doesn't look like the old cartoon version and isn't Scottish, they'll be confused. Or at least that's probably the reasoning for not keeping him consistent with the comics.

Hmmm

Funny, I thought this was a screenshot from a vidya for a second.

Can't say I'm a huge fan of the animation style, VAing or redone theme. Any of those could grow on me eventually, expecting the show to be okay at worst.

The animation looks meh.

I tend to like Disney's ToonBoom animation, but this hasn't made me forget TMS

This looks too good considering what I expected from yet another current year reboot. And the new opening theme wasn't too "modernized" which is great.

Huey Dewey and Louie sound like shit though, they're supposed to be kids not edgy dudebros… Eh, I guess you can't have everything. Still pretty hyped for this.

Another reminder we have CN to thank for this Disney revival.

Was Quack Pack the only other time they didn't sound like tiny Donald Ducks?

I think so, yeah.

Template

archive.is/fW4xn
That's from 2014, mind you. And Tangled and DT have already been renewed for two seasons

All of these look and sound terrible.

It sucks balls that Flintheart isn't a Boer, and the nephews are more similar to the Quack Pack versions than the Woodchucks in the comics. And they should have saved Launchpad for a possible reboot of Darkwing Duck instead, he doesn't really serve a purpose here.

However, the tone feels more similar to the comics, and it somehow feels like Webby could actually be a useful character in this version.

HATE the nephew voices, other than that is looks fun.

But: WHY is it an actual hard reboot? What's the point of that?

Cash-grab obviously.
The new Disney cartoons have been performing terribly, so might as well produce something fail-safe that nostalgiafags will eat up anyway because of its (past) success.

Gives them more freedom to change things up for today's kids who never seen DuckTales

A close relative of mine who watches shit like AT and SU watched an episode of old Ducktales and absolutely loved it. I hope they stay faithful and not turn the show into a millennial's wet dream.

So what is he there for? Donald is following Scrooge this time and Launchpad's (later Fenton/Gizmoduck's) role in the old show was to fill in for Donald as Scrooge's adult sidekick.

I guess he's the comic relief pilot there to provide OS nostalgia

To be the best sidekick of all time, nigger.

The "new" chick is most likely Webigail. She was mrs. Beakley's daughter or niece or something in the original

I've a decent amount of scans. I have to go work today, but later tonight I'll storytime some. Any particular requests?

Where's that from?

Frank Angones's tumblr

What's the difference between "Uncle Scrooge" and "Uncle Scrooge Adventures"?

Uncle Scrooge is a few scans of Uncle Scrooge magazine, Uncle Scrooge Adventures is a few scans of Uncle Scrooge Adventures magazine. This collection of scans is like, 5 different torrents mashed together, so it's not the best organised.

Yeah but they still could have made it a soft reboot where they just don't mention the events of the original series instead of going out of their way to contradict them.

He may have meant what is the difference between the books

Oh. Not sure, I'm not familiar enough with American editorial decisions. At a more basic level, the scans I have on the Uncle Scrooge folder are more recent.

What the fuck kind of clue is this?

Has the English version ever been published in an uncensored form? I know they just removed some guns and that the censorship doesn't really change anything, but it would be nice to know.

The nephews sound terrible, and I'm having a hard time with the artstyle, but it might turn out OK. I hope they take a lot of inspiration from Don Rosa's work on Scrooge since it's fucking top tier.

Probably not since they kept Flintheart as a scot just to please murrifat nostalgiafags.

Oh, its the guy who is really akaward and who voiced wander.

Depends on what era and what you're looking for, really. Even when not censored though, they've a tradition to localise foreign stories that I really heavily dislike.

That gives me hope that my idea is true, the Glomgold that is big and scottish is not the true Glomgold.

He's a fat scotsman in the trailer though.

user's theory is that that's a fakeout and it'll be some other character on purpose to trick the fans.

The Don Rosa comics, I mean. I don't need the English versions since I can just read the Swedish versions, but it would be nice to be able to read it in English since that's the language they were written in.

Oh. The copies I have aren't censored, I don't think.

It's nice to see that even though our world is constantly revolving, some things stay the same.

Like anime being superior to cartoons?

Hey Hijink, ban evading I see.

this got me to get out of my ass and learn how to draw donald duck, today

Still can't believe they got that one ultra autistic sperg from community to do one of the nephews, that's just weird.

Looks good, user

Which one?

Everything about this looks terrible in the sense it will be terribly unremarkable. It'll be dull and shit so as to be inoffensive which will in turn make it offensive.

I could see them doing something like that. Did anyone else spot the doll of OG Webby?

Um, user? David Tennant IS a Scott.

Red one

god is dead

Donald and Scrooge sound good, but The Triplets and Webby sound way to old and Launchpad sounds very monotone.

I said curmudgeonly Scottish man. Tennant might be a Scot but he certainly doesn't have the voice to pull it off. He sounds like a pussy.

you sure about that?

This.

well of course Donald sounds good, he's being voiced by the same guy who always voices Donald

Flint Glomgold.

Well he said when asked if Glomgold would be a scott or an African he said "I have some ideas". Considering that this seems to be taking part as when Scrooge was in "My adventuring days are long past me, I'm just going to sit on my laurels and sulk" phase (Which being introduced to his nephews and reintroduced to donald brought him out of) this is just the start of Scrooge's return, in the same vein Scrooge canonically has never met Glomgold.

I'm holding out the theory I laid out before, Glomgold is not the Fat Scott we see in the opening, he may be an actor or henchmen hired by Glomgold to trick scrooge into having a mistaken set of ideas on Glomgold, which the real Glomgold will use to his advantage later. So we have a "Glomgold" that is a callback to the original cartoon, while having Glomgold watching in the shadows.

never met as in he didn't know glomgold's actual name at all.

What villains do you want to see debut/return.

I kinda hope we get an amalgam of the Cartoon and Comic Beagleboys, where each beagle has their own personality, but I'd like to see Grandpa Beagle show up as well.

Holla Forums wants to get fucked by black cocks, i want that cartoon duck, as much as i want shirley loon

Almost always

shit taste

fifi > babs > shirley

Remember; if you watch Disney shows, you are supporting the downfall of Western civilization!

I'll take the Uncle Scrooge mag thanks

Pretty sure the triplets were voiced by the same VA as Donald as well.

If Quack Pack had one good idea it's giving them actual personalities, then being basically one character in three bodies got old fast. It worked in old comics where everyone was just expected to have a generic kid sidekick, but the bar's kinda been raised for cartoons.

The only pilot Scrooge can hire for a penny a mile.

They're already raping the fucking lore. Donald Duck was just a Navy SEAL. He retired after World War II and there's even evidence he had PTSD

Holly shit, donald duck used to be a badass who fought for freedom and the american way?

How did he ended like that? Please tell me that there is a torrent with all these comics. I'm really interested in the lore now.

But also. I'm kinda pissed with how you said "just a navy seal"

They are trained to be badasses in all situations. I'm sure that if donald was a Navy Seal. A couple of adventures, no matter how incidental. Would be no real problem for him.

I don't know where you can find all the comics, but here's the entrance into the Rabbit Hole you can dive into
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Duck_universe

Yeah, you're kinda completely contradicting yourself there. That and Donald is an outright superhero in some settings, and not a particularly incompetent one. (actually kind of brutal)

He tends to be overshadowed by Scrooge's all-round skill and the triplets' ridiculous level of knowledge from the Junior Woodchucks Guide Book, but he's rarely incompetent, usually just short-tempered and reckless or selfish.

Donald can be anything from a literal superhero to being so incompetent that he can't get a job other than packing margarine or polishing scrooge's coins and even gets fired from those jobs from time to time.

Holy shit I had that exact issue back in the day. Wasn't the whole shtick of that story that Donald suddenly became OCD from a bump on the head?

Everyone, including Disney, forgets that most of the original Disney cartoon cast were stock characters who'd be put in any circumstance they fit into. (because it's cheaper than designing and animating new characters)

Though they fell into obscurity when Disney became terrified of somehow tarnishing their image, and characters who had precious little definition to start with suddenly became completely static and one-note, and it turns out audiences like characters with variety and depth to them. Also, the Looney Tunes did that shit so much better.

is that from fop?

Not sure what the hell is a fop but it's butt ugly and has no place in a Ducktales thread.

Been looking over the trailer looking for indications of where the series diverges from the Don Rosa canon.
- Most obviously, the inclusion of former DuckTales original characters like Launchpad, Webby and Mrs. Beakley.
- Donald is heard introducing the nephews to Scrooge, whereas in the comics he pretty much met Scrooge at the same time as them (since he barely remembered meeting Scrooge the first time on account of being very young). Night on Bear Mountain may not have happened, or have happened without the nephews involved.
- Webby describes Donald as a daring adventurer. Very strange. Donald is a homebody whose perfect day is a sunny afternoon in his hammock. He wouldn't go on adventures unless his uncle dragged him there. Coupled with the previous point, it implies Scrooge and Donald may have already been having adventures together before the nephews get involved, meaning Scrooge might not have been as estranged from his family as he became in Life And Times. Still weird that he'd have never met the nephews before though. Maybe it involves whatever incident happened in the new series' backstory? Donald as a Disneyfied Rusty Venture could be interesting.
- The aforementioned fat Scot that may be Glomgold would imply Terror of the Transvaal didn't happen, or happened differently. Glomgold didn't start working at becoming richer than Scrooge by any means necessary until Scrooge thoroughly humiliated him, so it wouldn't make much sense for the Scot to be in South Africa. Maybe his clan replaces the Whiskervilles as rivaling clan to the McDucks?
- Interesting in general: Donald Duck and the nephews appear to live in a houseboat. In the beginning of the trailer when they're seen in Donald's car, there's a docked boat in the background and a mailbox saying D. Duck.
- Donald's car isn't the 313 ;_;

One thing I'm glad for is the lack of modern technology. GPS is implied and lasers are seen, but that's it. Webby also uses a polaroid camera instead of a digital one or a smartphone. They might keep going with the timeless/sixties-ish feel instead of dating it. Hopefully that also means no pop-culture references.

i'd like lola and tina and specially bugs bunny too. ducks are good fucks

Donald was army, Bugs and Daffy were both Marines. Popeye was Coast Guard.

When did Don Rosa date his universe again? Late 40's? I just remember that he implied Scrooge dies sometime in the 1960's

1947 if memory serves. I might be wrong, but that's what I recall.

Yeah that checks out, thanks user

Ducktales was made in the 80s, and South African apartheid-related violence was on the news quite often during most of the 80s.

wait, i know those poses

Before WWII Donald Duck was "Mickey Mouse, but a bit more temperamental", but because Mickey was just a soulless goody-two-shoes american icon, removed from his original troublemaker days, they picked him as the mascot for the American army (I believe he was the mascot for some Air and Navy units more specifically, also I believe the choice was done deliberately to avoid having Disney's "own" character in the propaganda movies as he was clearly a nazi sympathizer). Donald Duck enlists in a cartoon and has a bunch of skirmishes, I believe that after the war ended all of his military cartoons got treated as the real deal and he's been one of the few fictional entities to be officially decorated by the US Army.

wrong
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Popeye_the_Sailor_(animated_cartoons)

off topic, but i came across this while i was proving you wrong
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Popeye
Operation Popeye (Project Controlled Weather Popeye/Motorpool/Intermediary-Compatriot) was a highly classified weather modification program in Southeast Asia during 1967–1972. The operation was used to induce rain and extend the East Asian Monsoon season in support of U.S. government efforts related to the War in Southeast Asia.

I just want some angry Donald.

That's not really that unusual to be honest. We have technology to make it rain by forcing the formation of raindrops via some substance that is similar to the dirt that actually attracts water particles, and it's used to prevent larger storms from hitting key areas by inducing medium sized ones early on to limit the damages.

What I like about this is that even in times before chans, people had to put cartoon characters and waifus and husbandos as figureheads for their own projects.

Dammit all to hell.

How could he have been a Navy SEAL when the SEALs weren't formed until 1962?

Bocquelet is French, I doubt he went to CalArts, nigger.

It should have been Sean Connery

Gumball has enough qualities to justify a few potato faces.
Besides, you can tell it wasn't made out of laziness/incapability judging by how the rest of the show's cast look.

Donald is fucking legendary in Hueland due to dealing with Scrooge's bullshit.The fact that mentioning off-hand the shit his Uncle forced him into (Finding Atlantis and shit) and his pals thought he was joking.

Fact of the matter is that he's a lazy fuck but if he sets his mind into it he can manage some amazing shit.

Are we seeing this man?

Maybe once or so, Don Rosa didn't use him much, he's mainly used in Italian comics.

I did the exact opposite, actually.

Sorry, misread a couple words.

He's the equivalent of Flintheart because Italifags wouldn't be able to pinpoint the exact location of any African country that isn't South Africa or Egypt. The only difference being that he's not treated as a cunning villain but more of a comic relief rival to Scrooge, also he has to eat his hat once per chapter, if memory serves me right.

Uh, you're aware that Flintheart is a Boer who lives in South Africa, right?

It's been a while since I have seen Ducktales, but weren't most episodes about adventures?
John isn't really a good adventurer and more of a businessman. His more interesting stories are about competing with Scrooge in different businesses, especially since he, unlike Scrooge and Flintheart isn't a tightwad and instead believes that you have to spend money to make money.

Lovecraft would be proud

Forced meme

Oh damn, for some reason I remembered him as a Rhodesian. Thanks for correcting me.

It looks (and sounds) like shit.

Fucking disgusting holy shit.

Where's the rest?

Bugs Bunny also has an honorary Marines membership.

I've read somewhere that Flintheart vs John is basically a New Money vs Old Money thing; the former's more popular in America while the latter in Europe. (Might be the other way around, I forget)

At least they should let him keep his Krugerbeard

Your drunk Donald is the shit, my friend. I want you in charge of Disney.

Hello, newfriend. Is it summer already?

Connery is, from all accounts, a pain in the ass to work with. Plus he'll die soon. Plus it's more cost effective to use a Connery soundalike, but Alan Young is a very hard act to follow. Tennant's not bad in the slightest, but I wouldn't have minded an actual voice-actor taking a swing at replicating the Young voice.

there's onlythe first part

Whose accounts? From what I've heard, Connery just doesn't take shit. He basically threw his hands up and said 'Fuck this' when League of Extraordinary Gentlemen failed. He's never worked on a movie since.

Didn't know Connery was still alive.

Should we see how coy his answers look as a sign Glomgold won't just be his Ducktales version.

He's 86 and still awesome

I guess he still needs money. That looks awful.

At least it's not anime.

Don't care, still awesome

He was swindled into it. Presumably because he wanted to make something for his grandchildren.

He doesn't need the money, he's got a fucking mansion in the Bahamas.

I've never actually seen League of Extraordinary Gentlemen; why does it get so much shit around here? Is it really that bad?

It's the film that made Alan Moore say 'Fuck film adaptations of my work forever' and Sean Connery say 'Fuck films forever'.

Now, to be fair, I only saw the movie once a long time ago. But I remember it being really shit.

It's probably better if you hadn't read the comics.
And to be fair, Connery punched out the director over elements that would have made it closer to the comics, like Alan Quartermain being a drug addict, but fuck actually playing as anyone but himself. Can't ask an actor to act once they get famous enough.

That was a great read, user. Thanks.

Sean Connery is actually a character in D-Frag

Apparently he wanted to support native Scottish film, even if it has to be… that.

Also, fun note, Big Boss is visually based on Sean Connery.

Sean Connery was the best part of that film

Was

Huh and the colonel looks like Colonel Troutman from Rambo.

Kojima actually said he was completely based on Trautman.

kek

Even the redone version still looks pretty Connery, it's just at a different angle. Apparently his MGS3 appearance was similar to a young Connery (fitting since he's played as a James Bond counterpart, also weird since James Bond movies exist and are referred to in-setting) as well.

John really seems more like new money than Flintheart.

I'm just saying, don't repost that shit.

Have you played MGS3? He looks nothing like Connery. He looks like Solid Snake, that was the whole point

The voices sound shitty

Don Rosa's comics have John born into a rich family that shows up when Scrooge is a prospector. Which would make him old money while Scrooge and Flintheart are new money.

Scrooge and Flintheart seems way more old fashioned than John though.

To be fair, basing on the first (and only good entry) of League, it's quite inferior. Not even so much that it deviates strongly from the original plot, although that too is an issue, but it's potentially completely forgettable outside of Sean being Sean. Personally I vaguely remember the chick from the Resident Evil films being in it as Mina and not-acting as she usually does, and the submarine scene with Hyde but that's about it. Compare it to the inked version - even though it's also a straightforward plot - it works, the characters are "likable" and you're quickly invested in their efforts against Moriarty and company.

Have you seen Zardoz? He did that shit right after his last regular James Bond film. He doesn't have a problem doing weird shit, even bad weird shit (remember he did the Avengers just a bit before League).

The one thing I liked about the League movie was Mr. Hyde. The practical effects they used for him were incredible.

You're confused. Milla Jovovich, the girl from the Resident Evil films I assume you mean, wasn't in it. Mina was played by Peta Wilson, who is best known for playing Nikita in the Canadian La Femme Nikita series.

Ah, well, I thought it was Milla. I said it was very forgettable. Still, standing around with your mouth open isn't getting the job done.

No, the Hyde effects were pretty good and overall the whole saving the sub sequence was probably one of the better done parts of the film. Although I don't think it'd fit with book Jekyll and Hyde though since I recall a much greater antipathy between the two personalities there. But for the purposes of the film, it worked. It's just there were another 85 minutes that didn't.

In Alan Moore comic, Hyde started as a representation of Jekyll's closet homosexuality. I shit you not.

He was just discounted hulk

What if they are both Glomgolds? Like, they're related is some way?

do you have to have a stick stuck up your ass to post on Holla Forums now? can you just move to a reddit board and be done with it?

Looks mediocre, but at face-value it looks better than the other shit currently airing. I'll probably watch an episode when it comes out.

You honestly expect someone who still fucking watches the fairly garbage parents to know any better?

The fuck?

It would be interesting.

Not a fan of the design but i'll live.

Even in the old show Flintheart did try corporate espionage.

Also, Flintheart got some of John's quirks (being a big spender who shows off his wealth, eating his hat when beaten).

he was a marine ya dingus

Will they put him in an episode?

fuck off drake, the show already has enough autism

Maybe season 2.

Frank is open to the idea mostly because he's not Tad Stones

I didn't expect the animation to be this smooth… I wonder if this is just for the ad or will the show itself be smooth as well?

Best case scenario, it's only for the intro. Worst case scenario, it's only for the ad. Either way don't expect this kind of quality from the show.

4u

Not for a long while.

I need some context.

that describes sarkeesian pretty damn well.

Source?

All I know is that it's part of the ongoing Darkwing Duck comics, and that it's official. I don't know what issue, though.

suspendersofdisbelief.tumblr.com

LIFE IS LIKE A NIGGER

Does anyone have the webm?

Damn

I got high hopes for these writers, if they can figure out a way to bring Dijon back in this PC Police day and age while staying true to the character, they must have some spark.

In time user

The visual design is bland and uninspired, and it stinks of 'tude.

No way they published this

Wow it looks exactly the same as every other fucking cartoon. How original!

I has promise

Both of them are (technically) navy and SEALs are special forces, is it possible for a Marine to become a SEAL?

Damn I need to read those comics.

I'll give it a try

It varies because there have been a couple of publications with that title, but generally was a comic and adventures was a digest.
They did try to live up to that name and keep more adventurous stories in Adventures and leave the slice of life in the course titles.

work.chron.com/difference-between-navy-seals-marines-25263.html

Japan did it better.

If you've seen Education for Death, you wouldn't call him a Nazi sympathizer. If he was anti-Semetic, he wasn't any different to the other anti-Semites back then who weren't Nazis.>>801487

Hey Hijinks

Not bad