Looking into the Future

Basically Rust, a memory and thread safe language with zero cost abstractions wipes the floor with C/C++ in every fucking aspect.
C/C++ fags have been on suicide watch even before version 1.0. Rust has caused tremendous butthurt on Holla Forums alone. This epic amount of asspain is unheard of, but it will get even better:

Introducing Futures

WTF is a Future?: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Futures_and_promises
Source Code: github.com/alexcrichton/futures-rs
API Docs: docs.rs/futures/
Explanation for Retards: gist.github.com/Diggsey/6f924bf3f741bcdffd240faee102fe92

Basically Rust Futures are zero cost and there is nothing that even comes close to it.
discuss

Other urls found in this thread:

medium.com/strava-engineering/futures-promises-in-the-land-of-golang-1453f4807945
golangpatterns.info/concurrency/futures
gtk-rs.org/
play.rust-lang.org/?gist=11b8cb9088b0f8c36048a54ee293f537
play.rust-lang.org/?gist=50e18bbb0512dfc13cf3c9edaeade188&version=stable
8ch.net/tech/res/798797.html
github.com/rust-lang/rust/issues/29723
youtube.com/channel/UCaYhcUwRBNscFNUKTjgPFiA/videos
benchmarksgame.alioth.debian.org/u64q/rust.html
github.com/rust-lang-nursery/stdsimd
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rust_(programming_language)#History
harmful.cat-v.org/software/c /linus
github.com/rust-lang/rust/pull/44901
github.com/rust-lang/rfcs/blob/db66dd2039b10b759084079827d85aba1c26256c/active/0000-seme-regions.md
github.com/rust-lang/rust/issues/44928
npm.anvaka.com/#/view/2d/browserify
npm.anvaka.com/#/view/2d/angular.js-server
bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/52-percent-of-all-javascript-npm-packages-could-have-been-hacked-via-weak-credentials/
blog.rust-lang.org/2017/10/12/Rust-1.21.html
github.com/uutils/coreutils
github.com/redox-os/coreutils
github.com/BurntSushi/ripgrep/
github.com/redox-os
buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=rustc&arch=amd64&ver=1.20.0+dfsg1-2&stamp=1508596936&raw=0
brson.github.io/2017/07/10/how-rust-is-tested
packages.debian.org/sid/main/rustc
github.com/rust-lang/rust/issues/created_by/infinity0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

you mean like we've already been doing forever in golang, with closures?

wtf do closures have to do with futures???????
also golang is garbage collected garbage without generics. kill yourself

medium.com/strava-engineering/futures-promises-in-the-land-of-golang-1453f4807945
golangpatterns.info/concurrency/futures
etc.

On generics -
Golang doesn't need generics. Generics suck.

Rust has an absolute shit package manager, is still unstable and on top of that is managed by a bunch of retarded leftists.
It's safe to say that C++ will stay the best language.

does rust have any GUI frameworks yet?

lol

this is not zero cost though
stockholm syndrome

thanks for the salt, m8

gtk-rs.org/

not an argument

You know, when you insult people and call the things they like shit, they're more than likely going to hunker down and not budge.

Whether you're getting paid for this or just trolling I don't care, I'm tired of seeing these fucking threads.

lol. you sure you belong here?

I don't understand how people can hate on Perl for having shitty syntax but when Rust does it's A-Okay

wtf i love rust now!

check it memory (un)safe fags
play.rust-lang.org/?gist=11b8cb9088b0f8c36048a54ee293f537

I'm going to keep using C++ because it's good enough and my name isn't Rusty Chucklefuck.

Why does pozilla invent a new language instead of hiring good programmers?

i feel honored. here, have a segfault in safe rust:
play.rust-lang.org/?gist=50e18bbb0512dfc13cf3c9edaeade188&version=stable

Comparing Rust to C is retarded, C is a much simpler (as in tinier) langage. Its obvious adversary is C++.

why?

because rust at first need to follow his own assumptions
after that they can think about competing with c/c++

it's just a bug bro. this will be fixed soon(tm).

maybe it's a new unannounced feature

So, basically, safety is FIRST, and you should KYS for not putting it first, but they're using a meme language that is barely a few years old, filled with "bugs" and "trivial errors" that never get solved because the progressive stack gives them less priority.

I think no one would be using this mess if it wasn't for sjw evangelizing.

This kinda shows that for Rust users there's something more important than safety, just as everyone else was telling them. For rust users its politics.

Rare ex rust developer interview. This explains everything.

Top kek

Alright, now I know for sure.

Comparing Rust and C is like comparing C++ and C: stupid.

explain this one rustfags

Oh shit this is spot on

lel

my sides

Go isn't even a competitor to Rust, but it's still total shit. Go has zero metaprogramming facilities at all. Why would you bother with it when there are so many better languages that have surfaced in the last decade? As if Ken Thompson didn't do enough damage by creating C and Unix, he puts the capstone on his career with this turdlang. Go is destined to be the next Pajeet language. If Go has one saving feature, however, it's that Go is slightly preferable to Java, and that's not saying much.

Also, its mascot looks stupid.

shit syntax.
SJW infestation and a CoC.
NOT memory-safe. re-use after implicit destruction.
Never change faggots. Endless source of fun.

LARPer detected.

You are right, they aren't particularly zero-cost. I do wonder how they compare upon execution, and how they compare in readability.

Generics aren't that important though.

Just learn to use state machines you fucking babbies. How many abstractions-of-the-month are you going to go through before you just git gud.

The thing is, once Rust starts to get really adopted by dumbass corporations, a fuckton of bugs will pop up in the safety checks like mushrooms after rain. Literally nobody has ever used this in a big project (I'm talking BIG. do not come at me with redox OS, it's 5M lines of code whereas LibreOffice is 7M. It's not mature enough.) and when they do they're gonna drop it like it's hot.

Sorry, Ada is the future. Ada wipes the Rust off your codebase!

C++ is shit. C is not shit, except for its compilers, which are only shit due to pressures from C++. They are two different languages. One of them popped fully-formed out of the forehead of Zeus and has grown but a little over time; the other is a shambling horror created from sewn-together animated corpses.
Fuck this. I'd rather use Forth, but I'm going to learn Rust just so that I can deliver something relatively manager-friendly that people won't try to hack on with their fucking C++ editor modes.

rust lang pro/con

Which is which?

This is amazing.

Holy shit this is great. Fukken saved.

Alright, now I know for sure.

why?

stockholm syndrome

rust futures are state machines. it's like you didn't even read the links and still posted

ok

the upcoming incremental compilation will be fucking rad. way better designed than anything else
they dont
??????????

lel. thanks for this amazing product of butthurt

It's like you can't even grasp I'm telling you to not use the abstraction. If you write everything as a bare state machine it's compatible with everything and works the same in every language. If you ever have to work on the glue of a polyglot project you'll learn the hard way why what I'm saying is important.

Kek, sums up all the arguments rustfags dont want to hear

btw rust futures are bare state machines

epic. im a #cmissile now. who needs a package manager anyways? just use single header libraries.

Yeah package managers and dependency on them are great! Like that one time some guy removed his packet from npm and 99% of all projects stopped working!

wow. much insight. many amazing
here is the thing though: this wouldn't have happend with cargo

Oh so you're a smart Rust shill.

Can you explain why people hate Java and Perl for their shitty syntax but when Rust does it it's okay?

no i cant explain other peoples retardations

Then explain your own.

i dont know which. please specify

If it's so great why do people feel the urge to write a tl;dr infomercial thread every 24 hours?

Rust is useless to me until they renounce current CoC and implement sane rules.
As religious person I cannot agree to their current CoC because it implies that gender exists. Because I cannot agree to their CoC I am not allowed to join any official Rust places like (IRC) chats, code repositories and forums.

Can someone recommend me good book (or website) about writing safe C code?

So if you say Rust syntax is fine then you also are okay with Perl/Java syntax?

no im not okay with perl syntax. it is an abomination. but that is not the reason why i dont use it.

you are just as retarded as anti rust shills, cya

lol

That's pretty dumb even for Holla Forums.

rust futures are zero cost/overhead abstractions around bare state machines. that is what makes it superior to everything else.
there is literally nothing dumb about this

To help you stop being dumb, consider what would happen should you mix rust and C where rust uses futures and C uses state machines. How easy would it be to tie the two together.
Literally irrelevant and missing the point entirely.

something is going wrong here…

this is only an implementation bug which will be solved. the language is just fine.

wtf????? rust completely replaces c. ther is literally no need.

i stopped tripfagging

I gave him such epic shit he said he would stop and did. I was surprised when it worked. If he starts back up, I'll start making his life hell again. I'm a NEET with plenty of time to kill and nothing better to do.

You're going to love the real world where integration is the vast majority of the work programmers do.

Hail the dubs NEET

i stopped because i became bored of tripfagging as an antifa cuck. i am still shitting up this board with rust threads though :^)
i cant leave, as i am the only rust shill on Holla Forums

Are both of you NEETs?
Are both of you the same person?

We are definitely not the same person

So you went back to being a regular cuck?

The very moment even a half-working Z compiler becomes available, Rust will stop being relevant forever.

Z isn't memory safe. Rustniggers can't program in a language that isn't memory safe.

rust also isn't memory safe: 8ch.net/tech/res/798797.html

That's a compiler bug tho, that should not compile since foo was already moved into bar.
It's like saying C is not reliable since you found an ICE in GCC.

github.com/rust-lang/rust/issues/29723
RUSTSHILLS ON SUICIDE WATCH

i was merely pretending to be reddit though :^)

HAHAHA EPIC!!! LMAO M8
can you please post some more funny images?
please post funny cat images. you will get many upvotes good sir

Worrying yes, but does not refute my point.

How about you leave and the meme stays?

hi. i'm steve klabnik. by the rust core developers own admission, borrowck is a fatally flawed mess

how about i continue shilling rust on this board and you choke to death on my tiny antifa cock???????

rust doesn't replace c in use cases where performance primes over safety. C code is also faster to produce, so kinda you'll have to fight against the limits your language imposes you that might not always be the faster ones to produce "safe code" where safety isn't even a concern.

It does.

Did anyone know they have official yt channel?
youtube.com/channel/UCaYhcUwRBNscFNUKTjgPFiA/videos

If you don't need safety, and write 90% of your code in a buttfuck language with ugly sintax because safety, then you have a mental problem.

where is your proof though?

opinion discarded

benchmarksgame.alioth.debian.org/u64q/rust.html

>#include
just wait until simd is added to rust's std
github.com/rust-lang-nursery/stdsimd

Why you name the language Rust? Rust is something that happens to a nice thing when it's neglected and given to irresponsible people.

I'm legitimately curious why you chose that name. You get rust on your car, it eats away at a perfectly good car until it no longer functions. Real world rust is actually like a cancer, eating away at something that's perfectly fine and in good shape until it's garbage.

Pic related was a perfectly fine, working car before rust.

How retarded do you have to be to choose a name like rust for a product? Why not just call it broken? Or even cancer? Or destruction? The fact you retards can't come up with a name that doesn't imply cancer destroying working things, and you have a gay ass CoC, makes me think you're all dumb as fuck.

Not to mention Rust is filled with SJWs. It's filled with SJWs who can't code, but "contribute" to the project by shilling for it and writing bullshit like CoC.

How pozzed with SJWs something is directly correlates to how much time people in the project spend on social media. If they spend a lot of time on media and not working, it's pozzed. And low and behold, this board is filled with rust shilling non stop.

Take your shitty, safe space cancer language and fuck off.

I fucking hate SJWs but the way I thought about the name was: it's between hardware and the outside world; rust on the surface of hardware.

I have the same problem.

The Rust CoC states that if someone takes exception to what something I say I must "stop doing what it was they complained about and apologize." Now I am fine with stopping behavior a community thinks is unacceptable, but I refuse to apologize if I don't think it's something I should apologize for. Their code requiring me to apologize either way is against my pwn personal code of conduct.

Except for the obviously extremely toxic community I'd take a closer look at Rust. It's ideas are interesting. But you can't really adopt a programming language for real without in some sense being part of their community. And their community have made it clear they don't want people like me there.

This is why C++ will stay the superior language. It is not governed by a bunch of whiny faggots.

Steve, does your mom know that you're using her laptop again? You better go back to your basement before she beats you with the belt again.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rust_(programming_language)#History

The fact is that the language is really go for all sorts of fields and being infested with SJWs doesn't mean much. You don't have to interact with the community to use the product. You can't argue against Rust when it comes to it's technical merits and your political argument is useless because you can just not contact with people you disagree with.

If I'd told you to hang yourself you'd probably do it.

If you take a look online there's nothing but praise for the community. You can adopt the language and just not interact with them. The CoC does not bind you unless you contribute.

The reason a lot of people use c++ is because they're subpar programmers, enjoy your pajeet community

The only whiny faggots I've seen where C/C++ "programmers" that complain how long it took them to debug a race condition or a memory error and it took them 2-3 to realize their own retardation.

antisaged

What about the AST package and `go generate`?

What about it?

I don't know what you're getting at.

Go doesn't need generics, and neither do you. Generics aren't a go-like solution, there's a reason interfaces are brilliant.

What do smart programmers use then?

Rust is shit. C++ is shit
harmful.cat-v.org/software/c /linus

Compiled: C, Ada, Fortran
Interpreted: Perl, Lisps

Yeah, but that doesn't change the fact that it's community rules go against my personal beliefs and morality. I'm a stickler for rules and regulations and follow them to the letter. When the rules exclude me I keep away.

That's not really how things work. Do you use a programming language where you're not involved at some level with it's community? I sure don't. I'm very active in all communities in the languages I use. That's a huge benefit both for yourself and for others.

I like contributing though. It's one of the things that give me joy when it comes to programming. Not all of us are cubicle dungeon pajeets who just wants nose to grindstone. And it doesn't say the rules apply only to contributions. It's defined as interaction with the community at all.

What does that have to do with metaprogramming?

metaprogramming is too hard. gophers cant understand it

Are you referring to the unscalable compile times, the shit syntax, the false promise of safety or the annoying effort-wasting borrow checker?

already gave you the reason: "Googlers" (the audience for Go) are too dumb to understand generics, and therefore a half-baked type erasure solution ("interfaces") is the right thing to have.

COMPILED/INTERPRETED IS NOT A PROPERTY OF A LANGUAGE, DUMBASS

That's not how it works. The software license allows you to use it even if you constantly send them your shitposting, even shit like death threats, etc., it doesn't matter at all.
Using a language doesn't mean being involved in its development.
Even if you sometimes want to send them your pull requests, is it too hard to simply not speak too much irrelevant shit? And if you don't like someone in particular, it's easy to ignore them. If you want, you can go as far as filtering their output with userscript in your browser or something.

Yeah, and? That doesn't change anything.

try to turn on your brain before posting, please

Try to think of something relevant before posting.

github.com/rust-lang/rust/pull/44901
just got merged
that is an opinion not an argument
do you mean this?
it's just a bug bro. it will be fixed soon
lol. are you mad that rust rejected your buggy code? maybe you should program in python

Wasn't that bug discovered about year ago?

t. LARPer

The first year they waited for MIR to land, then the second year they realized it's harder to fix than it looks.
They probably need this:
github.com/rust-lang/rfcs/blob/db66dd2039b10b759084079827d85aba1c26256c/active/0000-seme-regions.md
But seems like a neverever scenario

soon
github.com/rust-lang/rust/issues/44928

D btfos rust anyday in terms of productivity and is as good in performance

true but people hate gc

No, autistic people hate gc. An experienced programmer knows when memory management needs to be done by hand, and when it's better to save development time by letting the gc handle it.

You forgot about LARPers.

GC is hated because awful languages like java use it.

RAII is also good sometimes

There is already shitload of languages with GC, without D. D doesn't cover any new use cases.
And having GC without memory safety is kinda odd, why would anyone pick D if there is Java (and Kotlin, Scala, etc.)?

Still waiting for someone to address this.

see
metaprogramming is too hard. gophers cant understand it

All your snippet says is "we need people to be using something that's c-like enough for anyone to just dive right in", not a commentary on the language and it's features

That's not a valid argument, Go supports the means for metaprogramming, even if your statement was true it wouldn't change this. People have written about it publicly and there are projects that use it, so obviously someone can understand it enough to utilize it.

Metaprogramming is pure cancer. Did you learn nothing from the hell C++ developers went through?

I'm not sure who you're directing this at but I'm only proving the ability is there, not that it's a good concept.

go was made for retards like you. leave my rust thread immediately

I don't think you have any real arguments, I don't see the point in any of your recent posts or your language.

lol

BRUTALLY PRACTICAL
gophers are actually THIS retarded

Neither goland nor rustlang are a threat to the superior c++

Not sure what kind of response you're expecting but you're not doing a good job of selling me on Rust if that is your aim. This kind of behaviour seems typical amongst Rust advocates, it really does seem childish and/or fake, in either case it's negative, either the members are stunted mentally or they're trying to fit in with a certain demographic just to have more of a social appeal without having any merit on their own. This whole project seems like a mess at every level except concept. An actual shame.

Factologies:
1) C++ is the PC lingua franca because MS adopted it to write Windows
2) MS doesn't give a shit about Rust, so it isn't going anywhere

whatever next language MS puts completely into Visual Studio, is going to be the Next Big Thing
until then, keep grinding away on C/C++ and feel free to play with whatever silliness you want (pic related)

found the triggered gopher

Besides repeating the same nickname what point are you trying to convey? What is your goal? If you don't word it clearly I'll never know, you can;t just be purely aggressive or foolish and expect me to understand what you mean.

A good starting point would be forming some argument convincing me that metaprogramming is a good concept and how Rust facilitates good metaprogramming, then we can disuses it.

Focusing on a seperate language and expressing your opinins on it don't really have any bearing towards Rust, even if we both agreed that Go is a bad langage it does not make Rust a good one, more importantly, showing that Go has a specific feature doesn't make it inherently good either.

If you can't talk about this kind of thing properly I'm going to ignore you from now on, I have no problem discussion it with you if you're this invested in the project.

this isnt about rust, but about go. this isnt about whether metaprogramming is good or not. this is about go sucking at metaprogramming.
kys gopher
if err != nil { return err;}
LOL

What's the point in arguing that Go is bad? Why not make a thread devoted to Go, why post about it in the Rust thread?

You keep saying "gopher" as if it has any meaning, primarily I am a C++ user, people say Rust is competing with it, I'm here to hear their argument.

please show me a single post in this thread that actually is about rust futures
protip: kys gopher

Stop replying to him.

Go does not suck at metaprogramming (which is demonstrably bad).

lol

It's fun to make Rust advocates look like actual children. Have you been reading this garbage? most jej

gophers are so pathetic tbh

That's not what I'm implying, even if you're being insincere you should make your jokes work. At no point did I imply I wasne't being serious, just that your arguments are typical for Rust supporters, they all act like this, anonymous or otherwise. I know you think memes are the hip young thing but that kind of shit is only going to work on github and /g/, don't bring that shit here, faggot.

fugg :DDDDDDDDDDDD

I tried learning haskell once but dropped it because of the syntax.

Rust is worse

ohmyfuck.jpg

why tho? both of your languages are shit and will never be of any relevance

bump

gazing into eternity

the bear suit is kiwikig

Does anyone know the origin of this meme? When I found it I was told it was some kind of elder meme.

It's just a music video for Still Life by Oneohtrix Point Never, the video is done by someone named "betamax" I think.

Using your logic Java should be less popular than C#, and it isn't by a wide margin.
Face it, MS doesn't have the influence it did 20 years ago.

C# is way more popular than Java in new fields. Java's basically a legacy language now, like what COBOL was in the late '80s. All those Unity games for example are C#.

It's distressing that I only recognize three hentai pics from the quickly flashing sequence.

I don't see what the point of golang is. It can't do systems work because of the GC, the binaries are too bloated to replace python in embedded, it can't easily work as a replacement for scripting languages like lua due to the only JIT being a hack, and it's not got the wide support of Java. I can't think of a single niche where it's the best tech. Do you know of one? And no, "muh syntax" is irrelevant.

apply yourself

Don't you think that whoever would have to deal with me would suffer psychological trauma? It's like you normalfags have no concept of compassion whatsoever.

I think you misunderstood me.
I meant, go look at more hentai until you can identify it all.

Ah, apologies. Yes, I'm sort of in process of catching up.

Yes, it's the perfect language for dumb subhuman "Googlers" (>>801942), just like how Rust exists to provide a safe-space for insecure Mozillafags who want to play systems programmer. Overall, and similarly to Java, these hipster languages exist to allow bad programmers to program without fucking everything up.

user I'm all for Holla Forums but who the fuck cares about vidya usage seriously.
Yeah nah, Google pulls the strings now, Microsoft is just living of contracts and office to make money.

Instead of shitposting about a langauge you've never tried - try writing some Go.

All operating systems have garbage collection, however they are more like services than subroutines or automatic like in golang. It could be done anyhow, Go's GC is not like the GC of old.

You say that, but embedded python is dying anyway. It's already bloated and slow, and requires an interpreter installed on the system. A good Go program designed for an embedded context would perform better than an equivalent python program - I do not have an idea on how size would compare.

Coming from an embedded Lua developer, it very much can (except for filesize) but it's not designed to do that. JIT is not a hack.

Not a real argument.

The problem I think you have is you forget, "systems programming" is not normal development. C is great. Go is like C, except everything works the way you expect it to, and everything's a lot more evolved - multiple returns, interfaces, methods, the := operator... Go is an improvement to C in every way, unless you're writing some serious low-level kernel code (and you're aiming for pure performance and 100% godlike control).

“I like a lot of the design decisions they made in the [Go] language. Basically, I like all of them.” – Martin Odersky, creator of Scala

“I think it goes back to the Unix C traditions back to basics and other compiled languages and it remedies other deficiencies in C, I don’t think C++ was an improvement but I do think Go is a definite improvement on C and we’ve got Kernighan and things in the background there and obviously they’ve got wonderful experience on building languages. It’s very nicely engineered and actually when it even came out impressive documentation, and all this stuff that you need. Even when it first came out it has a level of maturity that you would think would actually have been there for many years, so it is very impressive actually.” – Joe Armstrong, co-inventor of Erlang

“[Go] just works. I don’t have any problems, which is the reason I am writing this post. I have used C++, C, and script languages for many years, but started to use Go at about a year ago. I am surprised how efficient and effective it is for me. When I design a new algorithm, it just works at the first attempt surprisingly often. Suddenly, programming is much more fun. I can’t say for sure why, but I think it is a combination of many factors.” – Lars Pensjö creator of LPMud and the LPC programming language.

“Go is an awesome language and, as this talk illustrates, we aren’t competing with Go; Go and Rust have totally different goals and Rob Pike’s languages were quite the influence on Rust.” – pcwalton of the Rust Mozilla team

“The complexity of C++ (even more complexity has been added in the new C++), and the resulting impact on productivity, is no longer justified. All the hoops that the C++ programmer had to jump through in order to use a C-compatible language make no sense anymore – they’re just a waste of time and effort. Now, Go makes much more sense for the class of problems that C++ was originally intended to solve.” – Bruce Eckel, author and founding member of the ANSI/ISO C++ standard committee.

BRAVO

This is a real issue for me, and the main reason I reject Rust. It replaces a bad syntax with a worse one.

t. LARPer

lol no generics. why would i use go over literally any other gc'ed language?

thanks for shitting up my rust thread. i will just have to make a new thread soon

Go has the second nicest syntax out of any language I've used. C++ somehow made C's syntax worse, why would they change literally anything?

I'll see you there bb.

That's not a fault of NPM, that's because fucking pajeets are retarded and rely on "the cloud" to be there all the time.

You can have Node work 100% offline and you should. Commit your damn dependencies yourself, no cloud bullshit to ruin your day.

it was a fault of npm. "the cloud" has nothing to do with it.
are you saying that one should add the source of all dependencies to the git repo?
this will kill your repo: npm.anvaka.com/#/view/2d/browserify

npm.anvaka.com/#/view/2d/angular.js-server
this is a good browser benchmark.

fucking WEW
this shit took 5 minutes

bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/52-percent-of-all-javascript-npm-packages-could-have-been-hacked-via-weak-credentials/
kys javashit monkey

What's the matter? Are you insecure about something?

t. delusional rust shitcoder

thats not even close to what i was saying. but there is no point in arguing with a LARPer

Meanwhile they leave other projects alone. Genius!

Arguing that Go is better than C is like arguing that grasshoppers taste better than tree bark.

I think grasshoppers taste better than treebark tbo, but that has nothing to do with your point.

I started reading through Rust's documentation.

fn main() { let c = 'z'; let z = 'ℤ'; let heart_eyed_cat = '😻';}
I am not convinced.

I thought about squashing things a bit, but that's how it was laid out in the docs.

to what??????
that's not an excuse. at least you didn't use reddit spacing this time.

t.phone fag

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

blog.rust-lang.org/2017/10/12/Rust-1.21.html

tasty salt

bump XDDDDDD

betamax is the title of the artwork

Yes it is; don't pretend that every language is equally easy to interpret at run time.

Ummm.... C++ has had futures since 2011...

what a retard
github.com/uutils/coreutils
github.com/redox-os/coreutils
github.com/BurntSushi/ripgrep/
github.com/redox-os

are they zero cost though?

of courshe, everything in c++ is zero cost

i dont understand what you are trying to say.
try rewriting your comment in english.

how you are defining "zero cost"?
is rust(including futures) "zero cost"?

Yes, any rust code takes up zero CPU cycles.
Anti-Rust shills BTFO

how about you read the op of the thread that literally is about rust futures??????????

Rust CoC is a deal breaker for anybody with a functioning ethical system.

As we know rust is working differently than docs describe it, so I'm asking
Take "memory safety" as example

lol. you anti-rust shills are really grasping at straws.

yes, docs are definitely lying

t. LARPer

But I like Perl.

how is this new?
lazy evaluation is old af

nice strawman. i never said anything about it being new

what tests is he talking about and why does he thinks ignoring failures is ok?

Rust's automated tests often fail but Team Rust doesn't give a shit. SJW activism is more important to them than things like test failures in their 'safe' language, or memory corruption bugs going ignored in their bugtracker.
Debian is better engineered and runs package-provided automated tests as part of the deb build process by policy and failures prevent the packages from getting built. The maintainer does care and is obviously pretty pissed about it and is calling out the Rust devs and the sorry state of things where they're just leaving distros like Debian and Fedora to deal with their buggy software with no support. Since no one is helping but everyone is whining for the package, he's taken the same course as Fedora and just issued a 'buyer beware' and let it be built with failed tests

He obviously doesn't think that, the rust devs think that, since they published a release version of their compiler that has failing tests.
It's not a package maintainers responsibility to fix broken code, that's what upstream is supposed to do. So he reported it to them and they obviously didn't care.

You can take a look at all the failing tests here:
buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=rustc&arch=amd64&ver=1.20.0+dfsg1-2&stamp=1508596936&raw=0
They all end with "... ignored"

i dont believe you tbh. can you give me a link to where is from?
brson.github.io/2017/07/10/how-rust-is-tested

packages.debian.org/sid/main/rustc
It's in the README.Debian in the debian.tar.xz source package.

well after looking around a bit i cant find any evidence for their claims. maybe if they included links to some of the bugreports i could verify their claims, but all i see is "hurr durr ignoring test failures is okay because we cant be bothered to do anything about it and fedora is doing the same LOL".
i looked at the rust packaging git repo and only found a few references to test failures due to outdated build dependencies.

These are all the issues opened by the package maintainer:
github.com/rust-lang/rust/issues/created_by/infinity0

You type like a retarded child and have to be spoonfed the most basic info like where to find build logs (buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=rustc&arch=amd64&ver=1.20.0+dfsg1-2&stamp=1508596936&raw=0 faggot) to see the tests that have to be ignored yet are sure Rust is perfect. You're a fine example of the cult of Rust.

thanks for proving me right. seems like the debian rust packaging team just doesnt care.

i was no asking for the build log. i was asking for the bugreports that "did not receive a timely response".

Devs generally contact each other's camps directly, not via filing bugs.

so what you are saying is that they didnt file bug reports and then got butthurt because nobody responded?

yes????? they did receive responses.

You're adorably naive about development.

ok

You know, a useless response might as well be no response at all.
Or do you consider "Works on my machine xD" a valid response when asking for help?

source?

shit language, sticking with C