I just watched Back to the Future. What the hell happened to TV and Film...

I just watched Back to the Future. What the hell happened to TV and Film? Why are modern films such utter garbage compared to older films?

I think it's because people have become obsessed with identity politics and are using films more and more as propaganda efforts rather than creative endeavors. But that might be oversimplifying it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/wC3kb5MNXk4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Diversity.

It's not really anything so mundane as identity politics or political correctness. You see, the way a business makes profit over its competitors is often by finding a new way to reduce the cost of producing the same product. This works for a time, but when their competitors catch on, this has the effect of reducing the overall amount of profit on a given investment throughout the industry. What this means is that to continually chase those profits and beat a competitor, an arms race of sorts ensues where studios need to continually find ways to drive up the perceived value of a product (or do shit like planned obsolescence, but that's a bit harder to conceive with film). Films get more and more expensive to make. When these films reach a certain price tag, you start to get pushback from the investors. You start to see things like reigning in creative control from the director and design-by-committee. Massive ad campaigns and product placement. And finally, refusal to take chances on original ideas or scripts because the cost of production has become so risky that the investors cannot afford a flop. That's why half the shit that comes out these days is a remake, sequel, or rehash of an older idea that has already proven itself.

The problem is capitalism.

Profit min/maxing. This was a thing before as well but the approach to it has changed. Give it another 10 or so years for the next generation of economy graduates to put their spin on it.

I was thinking about this yesterday and I would guess that it because older films but their budget towards making the film as entertaining and engaging to the audience as possible.
Now its all about shoving an agenda down the audiences throat so the agenda is decided before the film.

The difference between movies/tv from before and those made today is the lack of wonder, the sense of adventure, fun, the idea of coming with new ways of filming, etc.
These days it's: "We have to make sure that our cast reflects the diversity of our nation. Our lead is a scientist? Well just give her an iPad with a bunch of Star Wars logos on it so the viewer will understand. No no, that exterior scene will be shot in the studio with a greenscreen. I'm sorry… a soundtrack? What's that? Oh no, no-no. I liked that Zimmer wallpaper sound, it doesn't distract the viewer's attention from the slightly desaturated picture. If he's not available we can get one of his minions who are making the music of 90% of our Hollywood movies. The story? Oh I think we'll have an idea once the 10 sessions of focus group tests are done."

I'm glad that as long as Zemeckis is still alive, there won't be a BttF remake with a purple-haired black female scientist and a FtM teenager going back in time to stop Drumpf from winning the Presidency but shit happens and they end up in the slavery times.

I think it's this. Look at the older movies like Time Bandits, Gooneys, and Baron Munchausen. They were like a child's imagination full of fun and quirky characters and places. Now the movies are just full of bean counters and executives spreadsheet formulas to make sure the right mixture of skin color people is on the screen at the same time, and that it appeals to everyone, even people who don't care for the product because IF WE PUT A BIG BANG THEORY QUOTE IN THERE IT MEANS WE "GET" THEM YOUNG FOLKS!!!
It's disgusting that imagination and story telling is dead in Hollywood, and all that is left is agendas and profits.

jesus christ, Goonies. Why the hell did I spell it like that?

These 2 >>801023

The public's idea of fun has deteriorated.
The movie and TV industry don't make things fun anymore.
And people's obsession with "Badassery." They have no idea what badass means. Some superpowered whatever that does things effortlessly. No real struggle, no real arc. Very Formulaic.
Take a look at Conan, Predator, Escape from NY, Robocop, Blade Runner, and the struggles that made them badass. OR various other movies that stick a supposedly "badass" person in a dire situation where they narrowly survive that depict the character actually struggling. It is the struggle with many pitfalls and eventually overcoming the odds in the end that makes them "badass."

I guess the underdog thing was more popular back then.

Also, I cannot explain it but almost every person I have shown movies from the 80s or prior they were pretty "meh" about them. But the stupid boring shit we have now they seem to be shown to enjoy more. I just don't get it. I guess collective IQ is down or something.

Keep in mind this are not always the case, but it is common enough for me to be annoyed by it. People don't know what good film is anymore.

Good analysis

Watch The Hitcher, a gem I have found just recently.
Rewatching it tonight because it is this good
youtu.be/wC3kb5MNXk4

Back to the future is pure reddit, you just don't even watch films besides capeshit buddy. The Back to the Future trilogy is honestly one of the most overrated things ever, like Star Wars.

Lotr is overrated a shitton but at least it was mostly well done.

Come on now, that movie was everywhere at midnight other than softcore flicks
Good stuff thou

I totally agree, and the pre-90's stigma, i personally point the image quality and what they call "pace", physical actions shown every 5 minutes, even when the plot doesn't move in half a hour (which is what pace generally refers to us)
I don't know who to blame other than american blockbuster doctrine
But oh boy these fellers sure do like those 80's aesthetics but hate the shit out of them when shown "unironically" in their own era

Not in France, Americans always making fun of me I will invade your country.

BttF was an excellent flick.

Reddit and Rick+Morty don't retroactively make it bad.

Everybody is making fun of you m8, even the swedes, but they do it out of their mental illness
Don't worry, you were a giant in cinema back in the day, you still have a backlog worth at the very least 50 movies
Shame about your directors and women these days thou

new movies are garbage, old movies are garbage too, movies suck

We will get back in shape when I will be crowned Clovis 2

This. French comedy movies died when De Funès passed away. These days it's just copies after copies of successful Hollywood shit.

Sadly yes, the last kino we produced
was Les Revenants.
But if you want real Kino watch Harry un ami qui vous veut du bien

How do you actually waste your time here?

i come here to laugh at all the sad pathetic nerds that actually watch movies and tevelision, i spend my time banging women kiddo

Yeah, modern "pace" just gets too jarring. There is no time to build up anything. It is just constant jingling keys for the baby.

Some people just don't think logically about these things. Guilty by vague association.

Just watching it now thanks to your recommendation. I didn't recognize the movie at first, since it has been so long. Seen it years ago. It is kind of like re-watching it for the first time again since I remember so little.

I am liking it a lot.

Real dolls are not women

total ripoff of Rick and Morty tbh

Sure m80

Taking the bait just to say this. Only a virgin says these things. Once you have had pussy enough times even that can get boring if you have an IQ in the triple digits at least. Been there, done that. I need more to my life than just pussy. Pussy is easy.

you people are just mad you'll never have beautiful women like me, pic related is the latest bitch i'm banging, you jealous?

virgin detected LMAO

Low IQ detected. I only ever see trailer trash and niggers only focus on pussy all their lives. With no other interests.

Keep LARPing.

Film and real sets/props, also lack of cheap special effects forced them to be creative in the writing dept. Also we didn't have massive franchise universes bloating and dominating the market.

Also we did it ultimately by buying the same ticket to the same ride time after time.

Hollywood and us killed good movies.

my IQ is 198 kiddo but i use it to get PUSSY

Right.

yeah, RIGHT, you jealous? I can see your jealous.

Just finished, I am this user >>801117

This is exactly what I mean by badassery. You can have an already capable person go against the odds or some kid go against the odds, but what makes the movies great is showing them and their logic with some twists in overcoming those odds.

All the shit that happens to this kid and the struggle that happens really makes you see an arc with his character. It makes his character more "badass" and more sympathetic. Surviving in the end through so much loss. Eventually becoming an entirely different person in the end, doing what needed to be done.

The 80s aesthetic thing is because the 80s were white America's last hurrah. The 90s began the era of the current year and diversity that has been brewing since the 1960s. If you want to reclaim "fun" movies you have to fix the demographics. Non-whites must be removed. Also, 9/11 happened and that changed the country forever. We are now in a police state. No fun allowed.

reported

Brainlets crack me up all the fucking time. I'm sitting at 75600 IQ easy and i've had my slave race of pig man hybrids synthesize pussy into it's purest liquid form that I inject straight into my eyeball. My next project is to mass market sex androids to virgins with in-built MK ultra radio transmitter that will convince four digit IQ baby brains that they too are desperate for sex.

Overrated movie, 7/10 at best

Not at all, lefty/lolbergtardian. A lack of white racial cohesion and identity is why American culture has become such garbage. You can't just exchange everyone for homosexual nigger women and have it work. This is the fruit of abandoning identity.

don't forget bob gale has to die too.

What happened to the rich Marty?

Gee, I wonder what happened.

Robert Zemeckis is already a jew. So nothing changed there.

What is different with the capitalism that made the 80s movies and the capitalism of now that's creating endless capeshit sequels? It's over simplistic to blame capitalism.

Good analysis, shitty conclusion.

One thing you didn't realize is that this constant chase of diminishing profit with increasing costs will lead to a self correction when the money runs out.

If you want to see Commie Hollywood look no further then North Korea.

I never liked back to the future much.
It… insists upon itself. Like it knows its hitting the right beats to be successful. It's kind of gross.

michael j fox is really feminine

ftfy

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Does anyone here actually watch movies?

Why are modern traps such garbage compared to older traps?