Brave browser -- meme or not?

Is Brave just a meme? Or is it actually a good browser? A browser with built in ad blocker just seems too good to actually be true. Thoughts?

It's slow and buggy on the desktop right now but should have a stable release out soon. On mobile it's really fast and preferable to alternatives with no add-ons.

It's made with electron and that means it's just Chromium with the UI made in node.js.

Botnet.

It's a lot better than just a Chrome skin, you have to give it that at least.

Even esperanto is a better meme.

I think the Mozilla firing is a badge of honor tbh. Mozilla is shitty now.

I'd say it's a great thing for normalfags and n00bs, like the the Holla Forums guys or other anons who don't know shit about Holla Forums and recently moved to it. Considering that these people really won't go into more complex territories, having a friendly option that is at least less of a botnet than Chrome (again, that shouldn't be an argument for anyone with the ability to learn better options) and just the fact that it has a different logo and name not related to Google brand is useful from cultural point of views. If it gets somehow big, it will effect some of Google's hegemony.

I would say, if you're using a desktop and have the ability to read and inform yourself, don't even think about it.
Go IceCat+ privacy addons, or at least Firefox and the same. There's plenty of info on this board alone about how to do things properly in that sense, or just general searches on the direction of escape from PRISM and similar.

Popular with Holla Forumsacks who don't know shit about technology and only use it because Eich opposed fag marriage.

Ads are literally built into the browser. What the fuck are you thinking?

you're free to go back to your containment board

The mobile version is quite good and faster than the default. I haven't tried the desktop version yet. Also not mentioned by anyone here, is that it is open source.

Its a meme

Not as relevant in this case, since it comes from Chromium, which eventhough it's open source in the papers, it's a very suspicious clusterfuck of code which I don't think anyone would have the courage to affirm the conditions in term of privacy and security.

I always recommend for friends to install on Mobile, its basically Chrome with a Adblock and HTTPSeverywhere, 0 setup needed.
I just don't use it myself because I use Ad-away and Jelly/Firefox

I think you mean "ugly", not comfy.

It's a meme on Windows: its UI not only LOOKS like trash, but it's also busted to the point of only giving you about 8 pixels to click and drag the window, despite half of the UI being dead space anyway. I've never dropped a perfectly usable program THAT quickly because of UI issues before.

fuck that

Chromium and its forks are fucking shit.

We should make an updated version of this old thing. We have a bunch of new toys to play with.

Esperanto still isn't a real language, hotwheels.

On desktop, the piece of shit locks up and becomes unclickable. Dragging and dropping tabs fucks up and opens new windows. Chrome-style bookmarks are horse shit. As much as I wanted to like it, I switched back to Firefox after using brave since release. I still use brave on mobile. More feature rich than Lightning Browser.

Chrome was a mistake.

Rust = 100%
Brave = Top

Needs a "clueless retard" tier. Move Chrome into it and add Windows 10.

Now come on.

There's nothing wrong with Suse Linux though.

botnet

EPIK LE TROLL CHART XDDDDDD

for now it's fucking shit as daily browser

/thread

It's shit. You have no control over what to allowed or not on a bigger scale. You can say on or off and nothing else.

It's OK, but for all purposes Qupzilla is just as good if not better.
T. Qupzilla shill.

well fuck

it doesnt matter he's a retard

nice trolling