netmarketshare.com/operating-system-market-share.aspx?qprid=10&qpcustomd=0
ploum.net/219-the-aristocratic-desktop-part-3-there-s-no-tray-icon-in-gnome/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

2015 YEAR OF THE LINUX DESKTOP
2016 YEAR OF THE LINUX DESKTOP
2017 YEAR OF THE LINUX DESKTOP
2018 YEAR OF THE LINUX DESKTOP

Wtf is this. Source?

Took long enough for Windows 10 and all of Microsoft's bullshit to force people to switch.

Hahahahaha

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I TOLD YOU, I TOLD YOU ALL

THE YEAR OF THE LINUX DESKTOP

Source. I hope it's not like muslim density: once they're enough they're going to shit the bed.

It's nothing.

You are looking at a shitty data source, that's what

OMG! YEAR OF THE LINUX DESKTOP!!!!!

Unless Windows 10 was released in July, you should learn how to read a diagram.

How do they measure this?

Usually, by browser user agents.

That just means Linux user share is actually noticeably higher. Who here doesn't spoof their user agent from linux to windoows?

Actually alot of the uptick in Linux users are ex-Mac users, since Apple is basically abandoning their users

Maybe some Indian or Chinese company rolled out an ultra cheap Linux laptop or desktop without anybody in the West noticing.

WINDOWS IS ACTUALLY LOSING MARKETSHARE TO LINUX
MICROSHAFT ON SUICIDE WATCH

oh no

post source

My god, it's because of wannacry and other cia leaks you stupid autists.

2020, 2023, and 2025 will be the year to watch.

netmarketshare

Troubling part for Microsoft is that Windows 10 telemetry and forced updates are hurting the customer experience

This was coming for a long time now. People are not happy with Windows 10 or Windows 8.1, and all the shit being forced on them. Couple this with the fact that Wine runs most Windows software, .NET Being ported to Linux, less stuff being tied to Windows, and noob friendly distros like Linux Mint, it shouldn't be a surprise that people finally said "Fuck it".

Also, normies are ditching PCs running Windows for Phones. What you are seeing is what Computer nerds are running over them.

because M$ is retarded, google does the same and worse and the consumers beg for more

The Windows 10 Effect finally kickin' in. Good. postin' from muh loonix which I've been using for half a year daily now

netmarketshare.com/operating-system-market-share.aspx?qprid=10&qpcustomd=0

Haha, started to visit Alexa top 20k on my recently-GNU/Linux'd laptop guys.

It's probably all me.

Then that includes Chrome OS and the few Chinese that use Android on their PCs.
Then why the fuck is it called "Linux marketshare on desktop" instead of "GNU marketshare on desktop"? Linux is a fucking kernel and not an operating system for fuck's sake.

One guy, Linus Torvalds, used GCC to make his operating system (yes, Linux is an OS -- more on this later). He named it 'Linux' with a little help from his friends. Why doesn't he call it GNU/Linux? Because he wrote it, with more help from his friends, not you. You named your stuff, I named my stuff -- including the software I wrote using GCC -- and Linus named his stuff. The proper name is Linux because Linus Torvalds says so. Linus has spoken. Accept his authority. To do otherwise is to become a nag. You don't want to be known as a nag, do you?

(An operating system) != (a distribution). Linux is an operating system. By my definition, an operating system is that software which provides and limits access to hardware resources on a computer. That definition applies whereever you see Linux in use. However, Linux is usually distributed with a collection of utilities and applications to make it easily configurable as a desktop system, a server, a development box, or a graphics workstation, or whatever the user needs. In such a configuration, we have a Linux (based) distribution. Therein lies your strongest argument for the unwieldy title 'GNU/Linux' (when said bundled software is largely from the FSF). Go bug the distribution makers on that one. Take your beef to Red Hat, Mandrake, and Slackware. At least there you have an argument. Linux alone is an operating system that can be used in various applications without any GNU software whatsoever. Embedded applications come to mind as an obvious example.

Next, even if we limit the GNU/Linux title to the GNU-based Linux distributions, we run into another obvious problem. XFree86 may well be more important to a particular Linux installation than the sum of all the GNU contributions. More properly, shouldn't the distribution be called XFree86/Linux? Or, at a minimum, XFree86/GNU/Linux? Of course, it would be rather arbitrary to draw the line there when many other fine contributions go unlisted. Yes, I know you've heard this one before. Get used to it. You'll keep hearing it until you can cleanly counter it.

You seem to like the lines-of-code metric. There are many lines of GNU code in a typical Linux distribution. You seem to suggest that (more LOC) == (more important). However, I submit to you that raw LOC numbers do not directly correlate with importance. I would suggest that clock cycles spent on code is a better metric. For example, if my system spends 90% of its time executing XFree86 code, XFree86 is probably the single most important collection of code on my system. Even if I loaded ten times as many lines of useless bloatware on my system and I never excuted that bloatware, it certainly isn't more important code than XFree86. Obviously, this metric isn't perfect either, but LOC really, really sucks. Please refrain from using it ever again in supporting any argument.

Last, I'd like to point out that we Linux and GNU users shouldn't be fighting among ourselves over naming other people's software. But what the heck, I'm in a bad mood now. I think I'm feeling sufficiently obnoxious to make the point that GCC is so very famous and, yes, so very useful only because Linux was developed. In a show of proper respect and gratitude, shouldn't you and everyone refer to GCC as 'the Linux compiler'? Or at least, 'Linux GCC'? Seriously, where would your masterpiece be without Linux? Languishing with the HURD?

If there is a moral buried in this rant, maybe it is this:

Be grateful for your abilities and your incredible success and your considerable fame. Continue to use that success and fame for good, not evil. Also, be especially grateful for Linux' huge contribution to that success. You, RMS, the Free Software Foundation, and GNU software have reached their current high profiles largely on the back of Linux. You have changed the world. Now, go forth and don't be a nag.

Thanks for listening.

Good thing.

This reminds me of a graph shown during 2016 US election.

That's wrong, even if it's a big pasta.

Ain't no way this is correct. It was 3% like a month ago.

Happened months ago before the trend normie.

Wow, it's nothing. These numbers make no sense and contradict other firm's.
If this were true, then GNU's marketshare on desktop doubled in a month and surpassed Mac OS. Very unlikely, to say the least.

You should brace yourselves for the waves of normies fagging up Loonix and flooding repos with pajeetware that will follow.

And given normies' belief that Loonix is virus-free and their tendency to copy-paste .configure; make; make install and add-apt-repository into the terminal, you can see the disaster coming from a mile.

I do that, what else should I do?
Are you critizing those who do not compaire gpg keys and sha512 sums?

fearmongering isn't going to stop us, shlomo

When's the last time you heard the mainstream media mention PGP, hashes, or signatures? The average Windows babby barely even knows what a password is.

Windows is a containment OS. If Windows babbies migrate, Loonix will become as shitty as poo-in-loo Windows.

Precisely. Now that you can run Ubuntu in a container inside Windows 10 with one click from the Windows 10 App Store™, Ubuntu is gaining popularity as shown in the OP's graph.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

I think as long as Linus is still alive, he will protect his legacy. Let's pray for the best.

No Stallman, enough of your shit where is HURD, you fatfuck.

yea, it looks like bad data to me too.

this would represent proportionately tens of millions of people suddenly changing from windows to linux in just a couple months, and that sounds very unlikely

if it was caused by NEW computer sales, then it would take HUNDREDS of millions of new linux computers coming on-line to make such a change

either of those scenarios sounds like bullshit 2 me

the only thing windows has (pretty much) (currently) lost is the phone market

Actually it's called Ubuntu®

And as all giants do- they too will go to sleep

The latest Ubuntu just came out IIRC so there's a slight bump in hype that will probably go back down

While you say an operating system is just software which manages hardware, it is more than that.
POSIX is a widely recognized standard which defines how the interface and environment of an operating system is. Linux alone, does not provide anything close to this.
If you start up Linux without any other software, you are greeted with a message saying that it can not start init. Without a complete operating system around it, Linux is completely useless.
You mention adding in XFree86, but graphics interfaces are outside the scope of POSIX. It is not an arbitrary line being drawn. It is simply based off of the POSIX standard.
Both LOC, and clock cyles are both bad measurements. Just like you said with bloatware taking up space, running the bloatware will also use more clock cycles than the operating system.
We are not arguing over the naming of software, but rather the name of the operating system. Personally, I think people should call the operating system GNU. If they want to add in that it is using the Linux kernel to run, you can add that as a nerdy detail. GCC without Linux would still be fairly popular. At the time when it was developed most C compilers were both proprietary and expensive. Since GCC is released for free, it gave it an advantage over other C compilers at the time.

We should start compiling the kernel using MSVC++ instead of GCC. Problem solved. No more freecucks and stallman can't bitch about how it should be called GAHNOO Slash LEENOX all day.

Except the only reason people want it called GNU/Linux is because Linux is compiled using GNU components. GCC/GDB/Glibc.

You know I used GCC to compile the last piece of software I released. You're right. Because it depends on GCC to run, I'm just going to scrap the name and call it GCC.

As long as it's using the GNU operating system on top, then it's GNU.

That's completely wrong.

You should call your software Dennis Ritchie/GCC. Without Dennis, we would be writing in binary.

It is because of Chromebooks, which are based on Linux, that Linux market share is rising.

It is because of Chromebooks, which are based on Linux, that Linux market share is rising.

No, this is false. Pike is wrong.

Right because PulseAudio, XFree86 and Xorg are GNU. No. The primary piece of GNU software used is GCC. I don't give a shit if you wrote a bunch of command line tools. And not everyone uses GTK, most people hate it at this point in wake of GTK3.

What good would be the perfect kernel in a hellish shitty userspace? It's not like Linus has any control beyond that.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Dennis Ritchie, is in fact, Atoms/Molecules/Bacteria/Evolution/Your Ancestors/Slavery/Womens Suffrage/Dennis Ritchie, or as I've recently taken to calling it, Dennis Ritchie plus Atoms/Molecules/Bacteria/Evolution/Your Ancestors/Slavery/Womens Suffrage.

Android is a Linux distro, so that could be causing an uptick.

Kek

Well, you can find nuggets of gold even in an ocean of shit. If billions of pajeets create billions of packages some of them will probabilistically speaking create something extremely valuable.

last ubuntu came out and its easy as fuck to use for normies used to a point and click interface. wangblows 10 finally started driving people to switch.

Yeah when I started shitting out of my ass, I thought every time something would come off it would have to be be shit, but turns out I was dead wrong because about each 200x I poop, I get some gold nuggets.>>800828

Ah. That'll be it. Slightly disappointing tbh.

If you're going to switch to Ubuntu, then it would be better to stay on Windows.

i bet it's mostly android and other "unix like" subsidiaries

Can you retards learn a difference between ™ and ®?

No.

I think it's not really an operating system if it doesn't provide the user with the ability to actually use the computer. Linux on its own is a kernel and some drivers, it doesn't even provide a terminal.

No.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as GNU/Linux, is in fact, Systemd/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, Systemd plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning Systemd system made useful by the Systemd init system, core utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by whatever the fuck I feel like doing.

The system is called GNU because that's what it has always been called since its inception in 1984. The kernel Linux wasn't added until 1992.

One reason to call it GNU/Linux is because the term "Linux" perversely has more name recognition due to massive marketing efforts. Including the name of the kernel helps some people understand what you're talking about.

The system is called GNU because that's what it has always been called since its inception in 1984. The kernel Linux wasn't added until 1992.

One reason to call it GNU/Linux is because the term "Linux" perversely has more name recognition due to massive marketing efforts. Including the name of the kernel helps some people understand what you're talking about.

If Linux is an operating system, then why is Android called Android and not just Linux? Linux is just the kernel. The OS is much more than that.

What part of POSIX do you not get, retard? Stallman is right, and the only ones mad about this are faggots that want to do away with free software so they can suck corporate cock with open sores bullshit and ignore why the free software movement was started in the first place.

The kernel is the operating system. Userspace is icing on the cake. Why do you think you make _system_ calls to the kernel? It's because it's the operating system. Open an OS textbook and see for yourself.

e.g. from the dinosaur book:

No, the kernel does not satisfy POSIX requirements, not even close.
The dinosaur book outright states that this isn't a formal definition of an operating system. God, you are a fucking retard.

POSIX is just something to define standards across Unix-like systems. It doesn't hold a monopoly as to what defines an operating system as a whole.

Nothing does, and as GNU/Linux was aspiring to Unix-like functionality, it also follows that it must be defined by the same standards. POSIX defines Unix-like systems, of which GNU/Linux is one. If this is the case, then it only follows that Linux cannot be considered Unix-like and also an operating system onto itself. It's just a kernel. Stallman was right, and you're a faggot.

GNU is a collection of rewrites of Unix. It's like calling Civ, FreeCiv. Civ is always the actual game FreeCiv is just a version of it.
Therefore if you want to insist it should be called Unix/Linux.

Oh, oh yeah?
Where were he when Pothead inserted systemd into the userspace's ass?

No.℗

Actually viruses now barely exist even on windows too. If the user is retarded, he will be fucked, doesn't matter how secure is the system.

The security by obscurity is one of the most retarded argument you can come up.

Notice how these fags refuse to list the GNU components that Linux requires to run, because they would look retarded listing a bunch of command line utilities anyone could rewrite. The majority of the contribution GNU makes is GCC. And by your logic every program compiled with GCC should just be called 'GNU.'

So go on, tell me about how a bunch of command line utilities were harder to write than the Linux Kernel and so the OS should instead be called GNU.

The expression “the Linux kernel” can easily be misunderstood as meaning “the kernel of Linux” and implying that Linux must be more than a kernel. You can avoid the possibility of this misunderstanding by saying or writing “the kernel, Linux” or “Linux, the kernel”.

I prefer GNU/Linux-Linux, or "GNU slash Linux minus Linux", as I've recently taken to calling it.

Fuck. I meant:

I prefer GNU/Linux-GNU, or "GNU slash Linux minus GNU", as I've recently taken to calling it.

That is more clear, because not only is Linux a kernel, Linux is a general term used to refer to a family of operating systems and distributions which use that kernel.

GNU/Linux doesn't refer to that family of operating systems because then we would have to say Systemd/Pulseaudio/XFree86/GNU/Linux.

Da, tvarich! Android & chromecoughfaggotsgcoughos are probably 99% of the delta. But then there's the sad fact that lots of linux distros defaulted to using a windows useragent in the precompiled browser to avoid spurious "compatability" issues with gay websites like buttfeed and twatter, or whatever.

How should void linux with musl be called?

I'm getting Linux, because I'm being fucked over by Windows. How is Linux with gaming, mostly concerning mods and such?

I recommend you dual boot

Thanks will keep that in mind

Illumos kernel is a way better kernel than Loonix and the BSDs anyway. The only downside it has IMO is picker hardware support.

Dude just upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter and live with that for five or ten more years.

Why don't you become my personal buttslave for five to ten years? You could help me fix my PC as well

You don't get it. Imagine writing a replacement for Windows. You follow the old tradition of naming your replacement operating system using a recursive acronym that is a real word and gives attribution to its predecessor. PAW (Paw Ain't Windows) fits the criteria. You spend about 10 years developing PAW, and it's nearly complete. The last piece that needs finishing is the kernel. A talented child named Justin Bieber comes along an notices that you have an operating system that's almost complete -- all it needs is a kernel. Bieber happens to have a kernel that he made as a school project. It's a shitty kernel, but it works (just barely), so he adds his kernel to the nearly complete operating system, putting in the last piece of the puzzle. Finally the operating system is usable. It wouldn't make any sense to suddenly call the system Justix when it has been PAW from the very beginning.

Looks like they fixed it.

They've removed their September 2017 data.

Wine has been getting better over the years
see

It's actually gnu/linux, linux is not an operating system onto itself, it is just a kernel.

What's going on, why'd they remove it? Conspiracy???/s

nice shitpost faggot. you going to keep rambling on like a fucking brain damaged autist with cancer or will you point to some GNU programs Linux needs to run like I asked? if there were a substantial amount it would make me look like an idiot and all you would have to do is list a few.

now go on. just like I asked. list those command line utilities and tell me how they were harder to write than a kernel and deserve more recognition.

or will you make the case that all programs compiled with GCC should be renamed to GNU?

You're fucking retarded. No one is claiming that, for instance, Android or Void Linux are GNU/Linux distros, and much less that Linux is part of the GNU project.
On the other hand, distros such are Debian, Arch, Gentoo, Red Hat, Slackware, SUSE, and their derivatives and clones and whatever ARE GNU/Linux distros, because most of their core components are indeed GNU tools. GRUB, Bash and the coreutils to name a few.

Except GNU's Not Unix.

Now the GNU fags flip their argument back again to begging to be tacked on before Linux. A few posts ago the commies were arguing that we should just call all Linux distros 'GNU'.

hang yourself retarded nigger

either argue that it should be called GNU/Linux because of the substantial contribution, the GCC, or gtfo with your retarded attempt to get everyone to use (((muh pronouns)))

And it wouldn't be that wrong. "GNU/Linux" is a compromise name that people who care about Free Software accept to use.

You have to be over 18 to post on here.

Ok faggot. It's just a compromise until 2095 when HURD as 64 bit support.

Your entire argument is retarded.
so if I use LILO I have to call my distribution LILO/Linux?
ok? how about any of the shit tons of other shells available for use?
again. writing a shell, ls, and cat commands isn't a very convincing argument to replace Linux with GNU whenever referring to any desktop based OS using Linux as a kernel.

The things you listed are fucking pathetic in comparison to all the other Non-GNU components that work together to create a working Linux based OS. Pulse audio, Xfree86, Systemd to name a few, and we don't go around calling it Pulse audio/Systemd/Xfree86/Gnu/Linux.

Keep grasping at straws though buttmad commie.

Not part of the default installs.
Not necessary components of a GNU/Linux install, especially a headless one.

are you seriously using Poettering/Linux????????

You are fucking grasping at straws. Are you about ready to admit you have absolutely no argument as you have to step it back once more?

GPU Passthrough becoming easier, WINE improving, and Vega Open GPU stack is getting better.

Things are looking pretty comfy.

just install Windows fucking niggers

gno

Wow, you are fucking retarded, and there is no helping you.

Funny you still haven't named anything.

No one gives a fuck about the POSIX definition of an OS. You may have terminal brain cancer because if you scroll up you will recall you are posting in a thread about Linux on desktop, Ubuntu, Debian, Fedora, etc. Aka not people sshing into a terminal all day on a headless system. That's also not what the autistic GNU/Linux interjecting pastas are replying to. When you are referring to a desktop operating system, you have convinced no one that coreutils, a shell, and the bootloader deserve to replace the operating systems name. You have convinced no one that those utilities required even a fraction of the work something like the X server took to create.

And yes, I am claiming that all the GNU utilities you have managed to name so far are CLI utilities that could be rewritten and don't deserve the whole OS to be named after. I'm happy to recognize the contribution of the GCC, though I disagree that anything compiled using it should be named after it.

Wahhh GNU bullies me. Fuck off, retard. If it's so easy, why haven't you done it.

GNOME is the most popular DE, currently. You know that, right?

Go eat the shit between your toes and finish HURD, you hippie

I don't use that trash.

t. shitposter

I don't know why I even tried to speak to you freetards. I single handedly obliterated all challengers in argument, none of you have been able to make me so much as bat an eye with your posts. It's like talking to a FSF wiki article. You have no original thought and all of you just look retarded to anyone who doesn't jerk off to Richard Stallman's beard every night.

I began arguing with you HOPING that someone would be able to offer me a good point as to why I should call it GNU/Linux, but now I'm wondering why I even attempted to talk to you retards.

GNU components minus GCC/GDB/Compiler tools are not, as far as I can tell, significant enough to call all Linux distros 'GNU' and drop any mention of 'Linux' as the FSF suggests. I asked what argument you freetards had against this and you seem to suggest coreutils (ls, cat, rm), bash, and grub are more significant than System d, pulse audio, and Xfree86.

I don't have to. It's been done many times. LILO bootloader, fish, zsh, ksk... If the other components: System d, Pulse audio, Xfree86 are so easy and your GNU contributions are so much greater, why haven't you re written them? GNU/Linux/Systemd/Pulseaudio/Xfree86. Because until now there hasn't been a suitable replacement for most of those. But all the things you listed have many alternatives.

And by the way did you know the FSF wiki says to put GNU first, because it is a greater contribution than Linux. If that's the case why can none of you GNUtards list any significant contributions. A bootloader, shell, and some basic command line utilities are not more sophisticated than the Linux kernel. This shit is laughable.

Let's make a simple analogy for you.
Imagine building a web site. You decide to call your site "1337anonsite". Three months later, the implementation of your site design is nearly complete. All it's missing now is a header section with a menu.
A neighbor's young child named Linus visits you while you work, and notices that your site is missing a header section. He happens to have a header and menu that he made at school in his computer lab class.
Linus adds his header to your site. It's kind of ugly, but it's functional.
So now the child insists on calling your web site "133nusite". You say, "Look, child, I appreciate that you helped me add a header to my site, but this site has always been called '1337anonsite'." Tears dribble from the child's eyes. You feel badly about making him cry, so you make a compromise. You call it "anon133nusite".

Let's make a simple analogy for you.

Imagine building a web site. You decide to call your site "1337anonsite". Three months later, the implementation of your site design is nearly complete. All it's missing now is the actual internet.
So when Linus the three year old amoeba finally manages to cobble together a totally shoddy version of the internet you decide to humor him by putting your glorious website on it. As people come to visit the site they say woah can I build stuff that will run on this internet thing too? And you say Gno. Gnot unless you sign this legal license which should extend to all sites on the internet.
But then you realise people aren't asking you but instead the 6 month old pissstain who wrote the internet and he's like sure go for it.
And that is when the autism begins.

It's more like user created a website, but there was no program to interpret the shitfest of HTML and CSS, but little Linus down the street told you that he created a program that properly interprets HTML and CSS, and renders it to the screen. Now user insists the browser be called user/linbrowse, because user always called his website anonsite, and any program that can render anonsite needs to reflect that.

install gnunet

I can't even argue anymore. I'm not even mad this post is hilarious

how is this shit not pasta yet

Indeed. It's better than mine and he beat me by three minutes. That's what I get for shitposting on the go.

So first you complain that Linux is the thing because POSIX doesn't matter and we're talking about desktops, then when told that GNU is responsible for the most widely used desktop environment, you backpedal. Face it, it's the GNU system with the Linux kernel, and you're only butthurt because you hate freedom.

You are welcome to call your Gnomeshit tablet cancer GNU/Linux. It will be dead in a few years anyway.

Gnome3 is popular because it comes preinstalled with Ubuntu derivatives in PCs, its the Internet Explorer of Linux.
Horrible overall.

ploum.net/219-the-aristocratic-desktop-part-3-there-s-no-tray-icon-in-gnome/
it just amazes me how retarded Gnome developers opinions are.

I've been using Gnome 3 for years now, they had the tray icons in a little black bar in the bottom left corner that would expand when you mouse over it.
I never liked that so I installed an extension that moves them to the top right with all the other indicator icons.
Yes, they now have removed the tray completely, but guess what? You can still use this extension, they even recommend you do so.
The only stupid thing is that Gnome doesn't ship with it, even if they'd disable by default.

Really? What happened to the Gnome devs saying that they wanted to do away with all extensions and themes?

I'd also use Gnome, but when I tried last year the extensions were a nightmare. They made it usable but broke every shell update and their javascript api wasn't well documented. I'm pretty sure they still disable all extensions from even minor shell version differences, because somehow they can't help changing their api and breaking all themes/extensions every new version.

I tried Gnome3 once, and realized that I had to edit CSS to remove the egregious spacing around all of their icons. Went right back to MacOS as my dailydriver.