Headphones Thread

Which headphones should I get Holla Forums? I’m leaning towards ATH-M50x but I’m not sure

Other urls found in this thread:

sweetwater.com/store/detail/SRH1440
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

beyer dt770 > *

Apple™ Earpods™

dt250 > *

Audeze master race coming through

Grado SR-225e

Jesus Christ THIS. Worth every single penny and built like a tank. When you use these NASTY ASS CANS it starts to make sense why you will see these in every legit recording studio.

They are fucking botnets.

use the damn sticky

Beats By Dre®

ATH-M50 had slightly better sound quality than ATH-M50x if not using an amp.
Be warned though, my M50s broke because the plastic is cheap shit that can't withstand drunk strength.
My M50x's are fine for now, but I suspect they have the same build quality. So don't buy these if you are prone to ripping off your headphones in a fit of rage.

I forgot to mention, they both have great sound quality imo, maybe not open headphone quality for music, but in terms of hearing details, they are probably the best I've ever used.

The 'music quality' of open ear headphones is that each ear here's a little of the sound from the other side, similar to what happens with speakers, and so it best imitates high quality speakers, for which the stereo music is mixed for.
Are there any audio filters that mix the left and right channels to imitate this? In theory, I would think they could then overtake open ear headphones w.r.t. listening to music.

THIS
There's a tiny little hinge in the earpieces that WILL break the very first chance it gets when you put a tiny bit of pressure on it or drop them once or twice. Once this breaks, they're fucked and won't stay on your head. Also it's not replaceable or fixable except with tape. They're decent headphones sound-wise but the build quality is shitty because of this single flaw.

Pic related is the location of the hinge in question, it's on the inside.

What's wrong with the HD 600?

Sennheiser uses shitty plastics.

you gonna love the Beyerdynamics 770s then

ATH-M50x are good, but not as good as I expected. First of all after about 3-4 months that hinge named earlier did break on mine. On the right side and I had to make some DIY repairs and now that side is static in movement and don't feel as good as it did. But if you don't repair you cannot even use them at all as they fold out and fall off.

The cups around the ear fits around my ears, but they should be bigger, because small movements will make the cups push on your ears and it will hurt like a bitch after a while. Took over a year to get immune to this.

Build quality 6/10
Build comfort 6/10

The sound is really good. But the bass is way to weak to be enjoyable in the long run. If this headphones had better bass, they would be 10/10 in audio.
I know these are not supposed to have a strong bass, but anyway.. Just make sure that is not a thing you expect.

The treble was horrible when I first tested them, needed to be played in for 30 hours. As all speakers... Sounds awesome after that.

M50s are decent for the price but the M70s are vastly superior.

t. owner of both

sweetwater.com/store/detail/SRH1440
These

I have ATH-M70x from audio technica.

They sound fantastic.
They are closed headphones with a relativly flat frequency response.
(little bit added bass, and a notch or two at the highs).
They translate relativly well to studio monitors.

I use them for making music, and mastering.
Normally you'd go for an open headphone for mastering, but i personally really dont like open headphones, so i needed the next best thing for mixing/mastering.

BuildQuality seems good, nothing special tho. Comfort is good (as long as you have it on your head the way ur-spose-2)
Can reccomend.

Got some earphone recommendations as well, Holla Forums? My Xiaomi Piston IEMs got mugged and I want to know about some good and cheap IEMs or earphones in general.

etymotic hf-5, with a bunch of replacement er38-14f cylindrical ear tips since you'll want to replace them every month or two. not exactly cheap but you get what you pay for. anything without replaceable eartips is automatically garbage. rubber eartips a shit no matter what shape they are, the cylindrical foam ones are best but don't last quite as long.

You can do that in Audacious with the "extra stereo" slider, I think. Set it to 0.8 or 0.6. Try it.

also Superlux represent

RIP this place

I posted here and got 3 replies qithin minutes. Stop being such a fag.

get razer krakens 7.1 and install razer synapse and razer 3d audio drivers they are surround sound!

i got a pair of Beyerdynamic custom one pros a few years ago and they've held up amazing ever since. Really great imo.

Thanks for being the cancer that killed what was left of this board

pleb

t. SR-325is master race