What would it take to get these two ships sea worthy again like the USS constitution?

What would it take to get these two ships sea worthy again like the USS constitution?

Other urls found in this thread:

apolloduck.com/listings.phtml?cid=347
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

bump for interest

Public interest

Steel + nuclear power.

Anything else is pointless.

This.
Also a fuck ton of money.

A crew of men who know how to sail them. The USS Constitution is a show-ship, but because it's a show-ship you have to be the best god damn rope tier and sail raiser in the whole Navy to get a post on it.

Its a ton of job, been working on a ship like that for a year. You will need a crew of atleast minimum 15-20, if not 40 to sail it. I would have started with a two masted brig.

Worthy of what? As a pieces of history, they're already valuable. As military vessels - that's an absolute fucking joke, when you can destroy the whole thing with a single torpedo.

I assume they let nogs crew on it for PR.

Warrior is actually made of steel and primarily powered by steam.
The rigging was a left-over from the age of sail that was only kept as insurance because of the unreliability of early steam engines.

Targeting is so good you could hit a small airplane in flight with this shit.

apolloduck.com/listings.phtml?cid=347

The cheapest would be to buy one which is already sailable and it decent shape. You will also men to sail it, which depends on the size of it. I have heard from an eastern-euro friend that there are lots of old wooden ships just lying in the docks rotting, which owners will give away because they cant pay the dock fees.

A good crew! And a few tons of dragon dildos to confuse the crew of the us navy. Requesting the screen of the /k/arrier

This is the same ship in 1977, what an amazing restoration.

I love this ship, its German built and a sister ship to SS Horst Wessel.

Shipfu thread?

Offhand:
- money - ~$100-200 million
- time - ~10 years
- people - ~500-1000 people

In many cases the expertise and materials have been lost and would have to be recreated/approximated.

Time, money, skilled craftsman, and interest (it's there, believe me).

Hehehe trust me got don't even think about using sail power

Maybe with modern materials they could be lightened, strengthened, and given semi-automated rigging?
The Maltese Falcon has fully automatic rigging, so it's clearly doable.

It would be an better investment than Rapeugees.

We could do project like that to boost public Morale.

Ehrm. you are exaggarating tenfold here. It would maybe take 1 mill, 1 year and 50 people to get a ship like that in shape, considering it is not sea worthy.