A brand-new space opera storytime

KHAAL: CHRONICLES OF A GALACTIC EMPEROR
So I came across this new comic published by Titan (the same publisher that made the Elric of Melniboné comics) and I dig the art and premise a lot. I am gonna post the issues that have been published so far.

WOW.
This is truly frightening that men think this kind of thing is acceptable in the current year.

Looks nice OP. I'll go out and download it fully.

No problem user. I am already uploading issue 2.

Is Titan a cool non-pozzed company?

This comic has no problem featuring extreme violence, rape and female objetification. So I suppose yes.

Yeah just beat a bitch down.

What the fuck.

I just went to their website. They publish a ton of uber-liberal marxist filth. Peep Land, Dr. Who, Steven Universe, all trash.

Well shit… In one hand, they don't have problem publishing stuff like this which I suppose its fine. So long as that doesn't bleed into here…

Thank you for introducing me to this, OP.

(checked)
Nice user.

Is that all?

For now yes. The comic started getting published in this year's January.

Neat

Nice to know, how difficult are they to get.

bump

Good art, great setting, meh writing.

Thanks man.

Issue 3 is out.

Not a really smart move

Do you even jew?

Thanks user

Nice OP

So, they do anything that makes money.

Okay the art is awesome, I really dig the setting… But the protagonist is one edgy motherfucker, holy shit.

I hope it gets a decent run.

And a Gary Stu too. If this were a woman, would Holla Forums take well to this? My time lurking here says no. But, least he's not boring, but I do want to see how…or IF he dies.

user take a nice break from the internet you need it.

Who doesnt

I think the setting is great, art is really nice, but the storytelling is fucked. He starts as Super Emperor, becomes Super Duper Star Emperor by the end of issue 2, and there's fuckall really left to do other than conspire against his brothers.
They should've started the series with him as a kid, and shown his rise to power. At least it would give a better understanding of this world as we see more and more of it gradually, rather than a glimpse, immediately abandoned in favor of space panoramas.
There are also weird plotholes, such as why can't he simply cancel the multi-race requirements for machinery, now that he has this crazy ship.

Not bad

Obviously no. The key difference here is that for all his "suesness", Khaal is still a extremely flawed individual - he is psychotic, brutish, unstable, quick to anger and he is despised by everyone because of that. In fact, he almost has no redeeming quality despite his somewhat sympathetic backstory and his "love" for his friend Khanys. A female Khaal on the other hand would have been a depicted as a strong and empowered character that is never, ever allowed to be in the wrong. Women can't be tyrants in fiction, user, or that would reflect poorly on all women everywhere.

Yeah that is what I thought. They just picked one day in his rule after he was already established and jizzed it all over the place.

Tragic, since I plan on having a rather psychopathic female serial killer with super powers as a lead and don't plan on having the narration vindicate or condemn her (I'll leave THAT up to the reader) in my own project.

Eh, good luck

Good stuff, user… But I have a feeling that if your character was popular with libshits, I am afraid people from this side would hate it solely because they like it.

Leaning towards this.

Because he lived his entire life in a prison, please understand.

You have to keep your minions occupied

Wut?

I hope she is a rapist and takes the seed of other man to give birth to monsters

You already answered that in your own post. He lived his entire life in a prison. And also its hinted he might have been a child prostitute.

Have you ever seen a rapist being nice, user?

I dont see it

I can think of two

But they also publish Warhammer 40k comics now

As said, I wouldn't classify him as a Stu. He's very clearly repulsive and sympathetic in only the most broad manner. I do however take issue with how quickly he obliterated the Borg Queen the Queen of Blades the Xenopsyllian Queen. What a great set up for a neat psychic battle for her forces, possibly topped by a Shadow of the Colossus climb up to her head to finally slay her. Just wasted potential in the end.

I suspect the rushed nature has to do with how many issues they are guaranteed to get, or maybe they want to fit the series into a single collected trade. Nice to read some 80's/90's flowery narration, though. If it's in everything, it becomes a slog, but considering a lot of modern comics are bereft of anything surpassing 2nd grade prose, I'll take it.

Yeah, I read some of them and they are alright. I had no idea of what was going on because they introduced these characters as if the readers already knew who they were. And they weren't even canon characters from the lore.

They were from Taiwanese cartoon / games. No way a rapist in Western media is ever going to be depicted in a positive light… Unless if count those trashy 50 shades books women love to read.

The story is going to fast, im surprised he hasnt found that damn planet yet.

Only one character in that comic was known in the lore

Chapter Master Azareal

Thanks

Please don't make another Bomb Queen

One is too many.

That explains why that was the only name I recognized.

Yeah this… Trust me you dont want a death of the author to happen.