Rolling

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Criterion_Collection_DVD_and_Blu-ray_releases

rolling

They all look so bad no joke

ONE OF THESE THINGS IS NOT LIKE THE OTHERS

what

nothing wrong with buying physical

but you need to get that shit 3rd party

I'm seeing it in cinema on Wednesday. It's documentary of his life up to Eraserhead.

just don't watch the one Lena Dunham film faggot

I never implied this

More like Kiketerion, amirite?

just pirate it. Why would you buy any dvds?

Essential Art House>>>Criterion Collection

Rolling rolling rolling

What the actual fuck

:)

Mate, I literally don't give a shit, about you or this bullshit collection. It's just another crooked, corrupt circlejerk that lauds acclaim upon the highest bidder.

The fact that highest-echelon Hollywood productions such as Heat, Dirty Harry and The Godfather have never even been considered for this list, let alone included years after they should have been included, probably due to their status (and don't give me that bullshit; SOTL and Robocop were among the first films in the collection), and even the shittiest "arthouse" flick by none other than Sister Fister herself can get a primo position (#597) long before renowned kino classics like Koyaanis motherfucking Qatsi (#640), Pather Panchali (#783) and all but two (Wings of Desire/Paris, Texas) of Wim Wenders' films proves this whole thing is a fucking sham and anyone who takes it seriously deserves to be publicly humiliated, like those who treat RT scores as Gospel.

That's some cold hard truth.

my favorite metronomy song

Godzilla is on the list for some insane reason.
It's nothing special, it was a random b-movie from Japan that got popular.
There are far better movies from Japan, like the Tetsuo films.

Spoiler alert: he does the wrong thing.

lol sounds like you care a lot fam

kek it's not about whether a movie's good or bad, if there isn't nother distributor topick it up Criterion fills thegap, it's more about rare films that wouldn't otherwise be released widescale.

Sweet Jesus, not even Criterion can't be saved from pushing shit and non-contextual comedy stuff

More than half of the list is mainstream as fuck or highly regarded stuff that could be found even on Betamax
I understand it for asian movies, which were and still are tough to get at times, but the rest have no justification, especially for parallel releases

Ah yes, rare films such as This is Spinal Tap, Silence of the Lambs, Robocop and Michael Bay's Armageddon. Truly sought after rarities.

rollan

never heard of this before