Nightwing Film

Everyone's collective husbandu got a film announced in the DCCU.

It's got the director who just did the LEGO Batman film. Maybe it will be fun. Chris McKay also directed and edited Morel Orel for a time.

No word on anything else except the screenwriter is the guy who did The Accountant, which is apparently good, but I haven't personally seen it.

So anons, what do you want to see in a Nightwing film? The only correct answer here is corny jokes, light-hearted-yet-serious action and his tight, round ass.

I have mild hope. Too bad the DCCU is going to go bust before this comes out anyways.

If we've learned anything from Warner movies, it'll be a brooding daddy issues bore fest or a hacked up (by a marketing company) poppy schlock film like Suicide Squad.

It ain't gonna happen. The DCCU is gonna die after Wonder Woman then barely try to crawl out of the grave only to inevitably crumble to dust with Justice League. Batman isn't even gonna be a thing much longer with everything going on. Affleck will quit and the whole thing will be a permanent blemish on everyone's careers. It's better this way.

Oh, I'm quite sure nothing will eventuate out of this.

All Warner needs to do is scrap their ideas after Justice League comes out and recast everyone except Cavill.

Do Justice League reboot off the bat, then do a bunch of solo titles. Don't do any villain focused films for the first few years, as they're too tryhard.
But before that, they have to give full control to Geoff Johns. He may be a meme in terms of writing the comics, but if he was given full creative direction, the films would be astoundingly good and true to the characters, and invigorate people to read the comics.

They need to hire this man.

I dunno about Geoff being a good fit but he's better than Snyder by far. I'd be all for it just to get rid of that hack. A full reboot is well overdue now.

I wasn't impressed by the set photos, but he was actually incredible on Supergirl. That's not saying much, as Supergirl's actors are terrible, but damn, he was really good.
He does a good sensibly smug face and voice, just like Cavill.
Now that I think about it, all of the male actors on Supergirl are actually good at what they do. Maybe not Manhunter, but he's still got a good voice. Even black Jimmy is surprisingly decent. He is bestest pals with Superman and they have adventures.

I only want Geoff to have the power as he is a complete fanboy that only accepts the original characterisations as canon.
He doesn't want things "adapted" or "reimagined", he wants men in tights fighting giant robots and evil aliens with telepathy, while shouting corny one-liners.

In that respect, I definitely think he'd be a good fit for film.

Dude has a seat at the table when they're planning this shit. He approves all of the crap that's coming out.

Not at all. He's clearly not approving anything. He spergs out over Superman not having underwear, and if he had a modicum of influence he'd be forcing Green Lantern in earlier than now, even just references, and also would of pushed The Flash to get made, instead of be on hiatus.

His only job at the moment is keeping DC in the loop on what WB is planning to market the comics similarly.

Reply to

Too little too late.

What an ass.

Everyone complained how large his arse was, and they rarely showed it in his scenes. I wanted to see it, just to laugh at, but instead I get a mildly decent performance.

Yeah he really did surprise me.

>recast everyone except Cavill

Wait which episode was that pic from?

His Silicon Soul

Thanks

kek

Come on now, user. Given a proper screenwriter who isn't shoving in bad religious undertones, Cavill would be better than Reeves.

You take that back about George Reeves. He died for your sins

Cavill is better than both Reeves'

I just realised how similar Christopher Reeves and Brandan Routh look. Guess that's why they chose him to do Returns.

Hardly. Now admittedly I didn't see BVS because it looked like utter wank, but I saw Man of Steel and in that Cavill only had to play one character. Reeve (and to a lesser extent, Reeves) had to play both Clark Kent and Superman and his portrayal of Kent could not have been more different than his portrayal of Superman.
The only thing that Cavill has over Reeve is that Cavill built himself up for the role. Reeve was rather skinny, even after he bulked up during the interim between Superman II shoots.

Sorry, should of been more detailed.
What the films have done with Cavill is shit.
But, and this likely won't happen, but if they get a good writer on a film, Cavill would portray a great Superman.

I should of said that more clearly, the first time.
Cavill has a great body, voice and aura for Superman, which the Reeves' just didn't have. He just gets lumped in with shitty writers who make him some Jesus character for the 2deep4u reddit audience.

Had the face and the hair.

I'd want something that isn't just a Batman movie with a different coat of paint. But I don't have faith in WB's ability to not fuck this up somehow.

The writer doesn't determine the performance, the actor does. There's a story about Robert De Niro on the set of Taxi Driver and he improvised the scene where he says 'You talkin' to me?' Later he called up Paul Schrader, who wrote the film and asked him 'Would Travis Bickle say this' and Schrader replied 'Look, it's your character now. You've been shooting the movie for however long. If you think he would say it, he would say it'
Oh please. George Reeves and Christopher Reeve defined Superman for a generation. Both interpretations ended up being in the comics. They both had the voice for it. They both had the look for it. They both had the aura, which is to say they both acted like Superman and not an overly angsty Batman with superpowers. The only difference is they weren't as muscular as Cavill, and this was before the days of people like Christian Bale who would put themselves and their bodies through absolute hell just to look right for a part.

The only thing Cavill got right was that he looked the part facially and built himself up enough to look the part non-facially. Even the voice, Guy Ritchie had to tell him on the set of Man From UNCLE that his American accent was off, and he was doing the same accent he did for Man of Steel at that point.

Director just did the LEGO movie. Maybe he has some fun left in his system and we'll get something above a 5/10.

It we're lucky.

Comedy is very different from action

Yes, but Nightwing is one of the more fun characters. Dick understands that aliens and magic aren't normal problems, but he still just grins the entire time while making shitty jokes to friend and foe alike.

He's easily my favourite character, even in Convergence.

Until they ruin it from corporate buracracy

The basic idea of the character is fun. But that does not equal good on screen interpretation or even comic interpretation. Don't underestimate the power of kike meddling.

They'll probably get him mixed up with Jason.

No, Jason's already been killed off in the DCCU, as we saw his destroyed suit.
Though, the jews may make it "Dick gets captured and beaten as Robin because Bruce failed him, so he becomes Nightwing". That gives Batman motivation to hate the Joker for removing his son and Dick motivation to leave Bruce and do his own thing.

That'd be such a lazy fucking cop out. They'd do it for sure. But it's confirmed that Robin is dead. Legitimately dead. So they couldn't really go with that angle without being douchebags and say "oh the idea of Robin died but him as a person is alive" or some gay shit.

It looks more like Jason's or Tim's than Dick's costume, I was just being a meme and following what the shitty writers would make up and think was objectively brilliant.

Well you hit it square on the money.

Still waiting on them to send through the time of my application to work at WB. I'm sure I could do a better job across every film genre.

I meant to say acceptance letter for my application, but my autism made me type something completely different.

Don't worry. My dyslexia and tired mind read it to where it made sense.

If he makes jokes I guarantee you they will Whedon it up.

Good luck

We just can't have nice things anymore. Least not from American companies.

Dick Grayson is lighthearted, fun, and a ladies man. If its anything other than that, it's a flop.

Also if they make Nightwing Jason Todd or Tim Drake for whatever reason, that'll also lead to it being shit.

I wouldn't be suprised if Red Hood makes an appearance.

They'll just make it grim and brooding and fanboys will still defend it and say they expected BTAS Nightwing and that's what they got.

But BTAS Nightwing was nothing like that

Only at times

He was angsty, mainly because he was mad at Batman, but he was never grim and brooding. Fanboys who would defend a shit Nightwing movie using this logic would only be lying to themselves.

I kinda wish they adapted the Batman and Robin New 52 issues, now those were fun.

This

Yeah