Firefox now 2x faster thanks to RUST

Start Your Engines – Firefox Quantum Lands in Beta, Developer Edition

Engines are important, both in cars and in browsers. That’s why we’re so revved up this morning – we’re releasing the Beta of a whole new Firefox, one that’s powered by a completely reinvented, modernized engine. Since the version number – 57 – can’t really convey the magnitude of the changes we’ve made, and how much faster this new Firefox is, we’re calling this upcoming release Firefox Quantum.

Firefox Quantum is such a big leap forward that you’ll feel it instantly, just browsing your favorite websites.
Turns out you can measure Firefox Quantum’s speed, too – our pit crew is kind of obsessed with a data-driven approach. One simple way of estimating browser performance is with Speedometer 2.0, a (still-in-development) benchmark that simulates modern web applications. Results vary based on the computer and apps you’re actively using, but one thing that’s relatively consistent is that Firefox Quantum is about 2X faster than Firefox was a year ago.

So how we did we make Firefox Quantum so fast?
Firefox has historically run mostly on just one CPU core, but Firefox Quantum takes advantage of multiple CPU cores in today’s desktop and mobile devices much more effectively. This improved utilization of your computer’s hardware makes Firefox Quantum dramatically faster. One example: we’ve developed a breakthrough approach to laying out pages: a super fast CSS engine written in Rust, a systems programming language that Mozilla pioneered. Firefox’s new CSS engine runs quickly, in parallel across multiple CPU cores, instead of running in one slower sequence on a single core. No other browser can do this.

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.mozilla.org/blog/2017/09/26/firefox-quantum-beta-developer-edition/
wiki.mozilla.org/Add-ons/Firefox57
manishearth.github.io/blog/2017/08/10/font-size-an-unexpectedly-complex-css-property/
rust-lang.org/en-US/friends.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rust_(programming_language)#Projects_using_Rust
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ada_(programming_language)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SPARK_(programming_language)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unified_Modeling_Language
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/google-translator-for-firefox
github.com/torproject/tor/tree/master/src/rust
githut.info/
github.com/mozilla-services/syncserver
mozilla.org/en-US/privacy/
github.com/Eloston/ungoogled-chromium
labs.parabola.nu/issues/1167
github.com/annulen/webkit/
someonewhocares.org/hosts/zero/
normandy.cdn.mozilla.net/api/v1/
google.com/complete/search?client=firefox&q=
detectportal.firefox.com/success.txt
developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Tech/Places/Places_Developer_Guide
reddit.com/r/firefox/comments/6qvfc7/netmarketshare_shows_firefox_at_the_highest/dl0p1ck/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

blog.mozilla.org/blog/2017/09/26/firefox-quantum-beta-developer-edition/

🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉
🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉
🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉
🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉
🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

M-MMULTI-CORE DRIFTING???!!!!!?

I wonder if this had anything to do with getting rid of XUL or if that was just a pointless move

kek
seriously, though, firefox's multi-processing architecture is superior to chrome's. I didn't believe I'd ever admit that, but the Rust meme might actually save pozilla.
Icecat will be bretty neat with a servo engine, though

XUL was utter garbage in the first place. Those who're whining about it don't know what they're talking about. There's a reason that while Chromium was/is a smash hit, XULRunner never took off, despite having been available for a decade prior.

It'll take some time for Webextensions to catch up (feature wise), but in the end, a standardized world (of browser platforms) is a better world (of browser platforms).

I would not like to interject for a moment, goodbye.
I just tried it out and I got a real speed boost with Quantum bang lime and speed grime.

Ever since that bigot guy left Mozilla, it has been going in the right direction, maintaining its place as the #1 open source web browsers. Congratulations, Mozilla!

woah according to this beta tool this beta release is twice as beta fast.
oh em gee

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME

not upgrading until they get rid of the grey folder icon for bookmarks and restore the old one

XUL was the right idea with bad execution. Electron is essentially what XUL promised.

what a nightmare:

wiki.mozilla.org/Add-ons/Firefox57

So still slower and more bloated then chrome or any pre version 52 firefox forks.

Surely this will get their userbase back.

So you're saying electron is good?

If they really wanted a super fast CSS engine they would have written it in C, not SJWLang.
They're just using this article as an excuse to shill their terrible, social justice garbage language.

Meanwhile Chrome still leads the market in JS and general performance. Further proof that SJWs and diversity hires cannot do fuckall anything useful.
Especially not when they're tasking themselves with reinventing the wheel using the equivalent of a dildo and a can of febreeze to deal with the smell of period blood and curry.

Dumb/hype people with be baited has fuck by this.

Proof please, (I'm not trying to support chromium).

You mean that rewriting part of shitty code to something less shitty with multi core support will help ?
You can take any language you want but it's not rust that will help in speed.
It's a meme that's all.

(checked)
Dubs of truth

Remove the botnet inside of chrome then come and tell me that it's faster.
Protip: you can't chrome basically scams people into thinking that it's faster.

Rust is a low-level language and it's pretty fast. For a CSS engine, Rust is good enough and allows the developers to not care about memory shenaningans. That was why it was created in the first place.
Not an argument.
I could swear it was about the new Firefox and it's new features. I guess that one sentence was the actual point of the post, though.
Not an argument.
Except FF is catching up. It's already faster rendering CSS elements and is much better at multithreading than Chrome. Their new JS engine isn't ready yet, but it will be faster than Chrome's because it's written from scratch instead of patching up Webkit's yet again, like Blink does.
Except for the part where they've shown clear improvements in performance and security.
Care to show what "SJW diversity hires" are they hiring and "ruining" Firefox, or are you just spouting buzzwords to fit and "virtue signal" to your crossboard friends?
Nonsense. Rust was designed to be a memory safe, low-level language to design their browser in without having to worry about memory safety. It's literally a custom-made tool created with their needs in mind.
It's the right tool for the job.

The perfect language made for pajeets.

yes, but at this point, it's a fresh turd, so it still runs faster than a chalky dry turd [Blink].
I can't wait until Chrome changes how Blink works and fucks with website compatibility.

Wasn't talking about the browser.

Hahaha why would anyone try to make their job easier and faster? Wasting time rewriting the same shit over and over again to avoid trivial bugs is better for everyone because it shows how big is my e-peen le C is for le pajeets sjw nonwhite cuck dindu mufin let's all use le assembler thats for h4rdk0r3 1337 br0gr4m3r5 like us XDDDDDDD

Hahaha why would anyone to know anything about computers ? Wasting time making them learn the same shit over and over again to avoid redundant work. It's better for everyone to use this tool that makes a critical part of the job because it shows simple of use is a computer le rust god emperor is for le practical advantage diverse people (except white males) drop all the other bad languages that are for h4rdk0r3 1337 br0gr4m3r5 be ignored and write safe memory space, practical and very appealing code :DDDDDD

also
Maybe you should stop obsessing over Holla Forums and look around the rust language instead of rust itself I know normally you don't care about the community, bad communities don't go places normally because they are generally stuck in the mud, but this community is financially and actively trying to spread their cancer because they think they are the only one and good solution.

You can run multithreaded on 55 and maybe before (I'm not sure). And it works with legacy addons but we'll still have to give those all up soon for some fucking reason.

Yes, it is fast.

so they're going to use 57/Quantum to force everyone off XUL for good.

Legacy addons aren't compatible with multiprocess. Some of them were rewritten to be compatible, but for the most part they're not.
XUL addons also are being deprecated for various other reasons:

FF isn't using the same WebExtensions as Chrome. That's FUD. Mozilla has been adding more and more APIs to appease old XUL devs (for example, Tree Style Tabs can now be ported.) They only chose Web Extensions because it would make it easier for Chrome extension devs to port their existing work (which is, in turn, a lot of the extensions available for XUL already.)

It is. Their work is to make a browser, to use tools that make that work easier is the entire point of computing. Not to mention that using Rust doesn't mean the devs don't know about memory safety, just that they're using a tool that allows them to not care about it.
Are you also against auto-complete and IDEs because that means they can't write or compile in a terminal?
Yes. That's the point.
You're the one writing like a Holla Forumsjeet with your useless 'SJW diversity' claims an whatnot.
Thanks for admitting you aren't looking at the language objectively, but to it's context.

(checked)
Don't forget the fact that JS shouldn't even exist, and executable code has no legitimate place in a web browser (which should be a document browser as originally intended).
So future FF with JS removed is looking promising.

And for that they needed to re-invent a whole language.
But they needed to reinvent the wheel instead of using what was already existent.
One of the point of computing is to use what is already existing.
You need to be smart to make a program but you need to be smarter to reuse what already exists.

Your example doesn't make sense.
Abstraction is a kind of very useful methodology but if you push it to much you get horrible things like java.
We have achieved so much in computing, languages still have problems I don't doubt that, but we gone have backwards into teaching the fundamentals of computing/electronics to people and it's not by using languages that forbids certain ways of doing that we are gonna fix that.
Most problems that we have now in computing are human related, it's not anymore about hardware power or language design.
And you don't see the problem ?
And you were the first to claim that in your post
If you refer to "pajeet" has Holla Forums in the post
On Holla Forums more used has a derogatory term for people without knowledge/ignorant/it_just_works/copypasted_stackoverflow not for Indian people.
I would look at rust objectively the day that rustaceans would stop not being not objective towards their language.
They are the reason that we can't be objective to it, because they are the ones involving something that isn't relevant to the language.

C on Solaris masterrace!

I'm running multiprocess with 10 legacy addons right now, the addons all work, about:support confirms that multiprocess is working, and several weeks of browsing gigantic 8/pol/ threads that used to cripple the entire browser every time a single reply came through but now are not shit confirms that it works.

But although it works fine the addons are going away soon.

Please do the needful, Pajeet.

They have been outright saying that multicore is the reason for getting rid of it from the beginning.

no thanks haha

Indeed. His name was Brendan Eichmann, and he wanted to shoah all of the stunning, brave LGBTQQIAGN people who just wanted to be able to get married. But #LoveWins, and so does an Eichmann-free Mozilla!!!!!

watch this turn into dumpsterfire

Maybe I'll switch back to it if it's any good. I've always gone back to Chromium because of their javascript/canvas performance. Anyone know if they solved that? Even on a half decent computer I got lots of lag in YouTube, Twitch livestreams/videos and more which never happens on Chromium.

Now Firefox will take double the time to compile (even funnier with pgo). Gentoo users, rejoice!

This doesn't change Mozilla being funded by Soros, and this doesn't change their partnership with Washington Post. I guarantee this reported speed boost is temporary at best, there are going to be an onslaught of bugs and exploits cropping up and once they start trying to patch it, performance will fall by the wayside again. Never mind that this likely wont affect the cpu ass-fucking from the billion ads and pajeetscripts running on every fucking website ever.

How can you open local HTML files in a new tab in 57? Addons can't do it and neither can about:config

educate yourself: manishearth.github.io/blog/2017/08/10/font-size-an-unexpectedly-complex-css-property/

file:///home/faggot/path/to/shit.html

So it's still slow?

This seems to work just fine.

It's exactly what I thought the moment I read 2X. Changing language just to get 2X is extremely retarded, when they should have got much more than that.

Worst part is that "things that rust doesn't allow should be done!" thinking will led them to really slow gains from here onwards. This is what you get from having safety as a prime over UX, something that can now be reflected even at code level.

I'll never get this meme. I don't even use reddit. I just don't want to see my message cluttered. Computers allow for inexpensive spaces which are natural to read unlike books which have real reasons to have indented margins instead of spaces.

Did you just get a wide screen last year and suddenly you think spaces are wrong? I wonder. You seem retarded, wathever.

Have another.

I don't care how much faster it is when Classic Theme Restorer is dead.

Nobody wants your shitty Rust. There's Ada, and then there's the formally provable Ada-derivative SPARK. Ada is a compiled language like C, and SPARK adds specifications to Ada and removes ambiguous cases.
Best of all, it was made for producing high integrity, high availability, critical systems. Nobody needs your shitty Rustlang for memory protection, because better tech already exists.
Also, almost nobody uses Rust, and yes all the *good* programmers have noticed the shilling. Rust is going to become the compiled JavaScript of the net over the next decade.
(Final thought: the level of Social Justice cancer Pozilla has been promoting, and the Eich event, has left me in a very anti-Pozilla state based on politics. As a Nazi, Pozilla queerism disgusts me. As groups like Pozilla emphasize minorities/women over white men, watch FOSS quality and features continue to dwindle!)

rust-lang.org/en-US/friends.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rust_(programming_language)#Projects_using_Rust

That's a strange way of spelling DIREFOX QUARANTINE™.

Oh sweet! A boycott list!

W-WHAT

Translation: SJW-Fox can now monitor and sell your personal data at twice the speed! You better download and install it, you silly gojim.

For the newkids who think Rust is some grand new idea:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ada_(programming_language)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SPARK_(programming_language)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unified_Modeling_Language for idea collection/system generation

Ada compilation can be optimized to-where machine code produced is almost as fast as if not equal in speed to C-written code. It is imperative, strongly typed, object oriented, and with SPARK it's unambiguous.

Why learn a meme language written by a bunch of pic related(no really, go look this Klabnik clown up on Google Image Search and tell me he doesn't look like one of the crowd) when a language which does the key things Rust promises has existed for decades? Oooo wow, a dying meme browser re-written in SJWlang which'll be slightly faster because half the good features and pre-WebEx addon components are gone xD. Nevermind Pozilla is forgetting that it lost significant numbers of users over its politics and its constant API breakage.

Pozilla, or whoever grows up to replace it when the carcass finally bankrupts, must do what BDFL Linus did: make the interface between internal app (kernel) and 3rd-party code (userland) be frozen solid. Breaking that interface should be the last option just before abandoning/shutting down the project on the list of options to improve the code. Interfaces are more important than even memory management and type safety. Moving interfaces demand moving code, and moving code can only be debugged iteratively a number of times limited by interface change interval and time dedicated to non-debugging tasks (like new ideas, taking shits, sleeping, etc). Constantly moving interfaces will always keep a project and its ecosystem "in beta." It's amazing how much maturity the kernel team shows in this regard, whereas userland wants to break everything every six months and make stupid shit like systemd.

That kernel interface is so solid, Bryan Cantrill and other Solaris guys wrote LX-branded Zones into Illumos. Illumos, today, can run CentOS-target software directly within the branded Zone. If Linus kept doing what Pozilla does and kept breaking the interface, Linux would have not had the success it's had across all the platforms it reaches. Leave it to SJW communists to be incapable of thinking ahead more than their ambiguous genitalia allows them to...

nobody cares. stop posting faggot

triggered?

Which is made possible thanks to Rust's fearless concurrency!

You are aware that multicore support has nothing to do with the language do you ?

This is too funny. If and are representative of the average Rust fanboi and programmer, it'll get a bad name in no time.

TRAINING WHEELS FOR SHIT CODERS(tm)
meme it

wrong. rust has it, c/c++ doesn't

It's actually good.

addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/google-translator-for-firefox

That works on homepage, but there is no way to set it as a new tab.

Removes all CSS and JS.

It says so in the disclaimer, but it's not like you can't pack all that in the same html file.

The point is the browser shouldn't have access to local files without you explicitly opening them

scam, actually they are only testing if it's possible to write hello world in it
github.com/torproject/tor/tree/master/src/rust

Checked.

good job proving yourself wrong, fagg0t

check what this code is and next time think twice before write anything

it doesnt matter what it is

kek. found the larper

Wonder why they aren't measuring it against the last build.

They are comparing it with the latest ESR version which was released in April of this year and updated today.

second this
I can't believe Mozilla will not do an Extended Support Release of 56

Be the change the world needs.

Guess from now on I have to run it with nice -n 19, huh.

As someone who hasn't used firefox in years, what's so special about that version?

It will be the last version to not include any Rust code.

Fuck off

Basically still using mozilla software.

I've never looked into using Ada, but I have to say the way it deals with types is pretty cool. I usually program in C++ and trying to make user-defined types safe with it is a pain in the ass.

So, I don't know about you but I'm tired of this shit. It's not this question here, or that one there, which could be argued and carried on. It's just this pile of questions that we can't really answer, and it looks awry.

So my question is, anyone knows what's in store for Icecat? Seems like the only solution now but I haven't seen any announcements on how they plan to move forward.

They needed to address what they'll keep just forking or what they'll have to start intervening more actively than they have in the past. Because there is this issue, also the whole EME/DRM debacle

Am I retarded?
How the hell have Web browsers gotten to the point they are slow enough to need Multicore processing?

JavaScript abuse

People enable javascript and not on a domain by domain basis?

False. The last version to not include Rust was FF 52 ESR. All other versions require Rust, which is why they're not available on Debian Stable (until someone backports Rust) or Windows XP.

False. The last version to not include Rust was FF 52 ESR. All other versions require Rust, which is why they're not available on Debian Stable (until someone backports Rust) or Windows XP.

Firefox already offers a binary without EME in it's FTP repository. IceCat is also compiled without EME support.
IceCat will continue as it is now: only doing ESR releases.

JavaScript and WebAssembly.

Javascript literally mines bitcoins now.

That's cool, I didn't want to make a search in a new tab that wasn't google without having to use the address bar and hit up up up up up before I hit alt enter several times in a row to open multiple new tabs in any engine that isn't default. Changing default in one click in the search bar definitely wasn't useful; much better to have it search in the same tab on one click, otherwise the demented fucking retards that make this fermenting wank stain of a browser might get confused.

That's cool, I didn't want to make a search in a new tab that wasn't google without having to use the address bar and hit up up up up up before I hit alt enter several times in a row to open multiple new tabs in any engine that isn't default. Changing default in one click in the search bar definitely wasn't useful; much better to have it search in the same tab on one click, otherwise the demented fucking retards that make this fermenting wank stain of a browser might get confused.

githut.info/

It's in the settings page, under "search".

Yeah, I really want open up the fucking settings every time I want to search with something other than google. Previously, with one click disabled the default search changed when you clicked its icon. I used to be able to click and drag over text, then right click and search in any engine, open new searches with different engines in new tabs quickly, now I have to open the fucking firefox settings to be able to right click search anything other than google.

hmmmmmm...

It's not about him being lazy or no, it's about convenience. Since he uses the searchbar he has to deal with this shit several times per day at the very least (i.e. browsing after work). And since he goes to Holla Forums anyway this has nothing to do with this at all.
And if you think two fucking lines on a 1080p monitor is a long comment you have to gas yourself, my fag.

wew

No, user, I don't use that thing at all instead. First I did try what he is struggling with now. But then I realized the about:config setting restoring old behaviour will eventually get depreceted and removed so I switched to using specific keywords. I was already searching from address bar with ? so it was easy to adjust.

He explained why it's really inconvenient if you have to change default search engine frequently. This change is counter-intuitive.

wew. this is advanced autism

Let's have a bet: if vols provide evidence that that user and me are the same I'm permabanned, otherwise you are.

lets have a different bet: if you continue sperging about not wanting to open the settings, you kill yourself.

No. And I'll counter your downvote every time you think the thread Mozilla doesn't want to be on Holla Forums has sank low enough.

lol. are you delusional??????
btw open the settings

You seem to be upset.

I don't need to. I stopped using search bar about two years ago. I explained this already.

Thanks for the input Mr. Soros!

fucking LOL

Please stop.
This is either bait or you're completely retarded the said guy was there for 10 days and he was persecuted because of something completely external that didin't interfere with mozilla, if anything had to be done he probably had the ideas to not make MZ the SJW telmetry shit show that it is today.

I still want somebody to acknowledge that legacy addons are in fact compatible with multiprocess. I'm doing it right now.

Your browsing history/tabs/pocket/etc. has now been rebranded as your 'Firefox Library'.

Thoughts?

My firefox "updated" a few days ago and now everything is slow as shit, half the time webpages don't even connect. What the fuck is going on?

Is it stored locally and this is just a renaming or is all my data now being stored on mozilla servers?

Only if you choose to sync them with Firefox Sync, which I personally recommend you should. Mozilla really listened to our feedback and built an easier way to safely synchronize our data between the desktop and mobile versions of Firefox. The new Firefox Sync makes it much easier to do initial setup and to add multiple devices.Even if you don't use Firefox on multiple devices, your open tabs/bookmarks/history/passwords will be safely backed up on the cloud, making restoring your data a breeze should you ever need to reinstall your Mac or Windows operating system. Peace of mind is ours with this free service brought to us by our good friends at Mozilla.

the meme works like this: imageboards don't care about 'paragraphs' and don't reformat your text on paragraph boundaries. They only reformat lines. imageboards also have visually distinct elements within the same 'paragraph', as demonstrated with the >> link at the top of this post, and yours. On reddit that >> link and the following text would be reformatted into the same paragraph.

Vertical spacing is fine, but if you're obviously scared of things sticking together, you're writing for markdown instead of for an imageboard.

Hi friend, how much is this great service that Firefox is offering? It appears to be free, but surely that is not the case? How can Firefox afford to provide such a great feature to their end users at absolutely zero cost? This is why Firefox is such a great company and I am going to support them until the end. I can't wait to install this new Mozilla Firefox browser on my computer.

also you can put 'sage' in the email field and prevent OT discussion from bumping a thread about firefox.

storage is cheap. And storage is even cheaper when there are no serious backup or retention requirements. And sync doesn't need much storage. The only serious architectural challenge with Sync was making the software not fall over when it was first introduced and a lot of users could be expected to try it out at once. Mozilla really honestly fingers-not-crossed could have offered this feature purely on the merits of a couple of guys assuring management that they can do it, and it being something that might make Firefox more attractive.

Firefox sync is Free software you stupid nigger ape.

I wonder when they'll stop being shy about their real desires and finally put some hardcore gay nigger porn as firefox decoration, instead of these faggy little drawings that are basically a watered down version of the same thing.

you have to right click a tab in chrome to mute it
its retarded, I know

XUL

Or maybe they sell user data like kikes.

i don't think so

Prove it

firefox is open source nigga.
you can also run your own sync server: github.com/mozilla-services/syncserver

mozilla.org/en-US/privacy/

So usage statistics isn't covered in their privacy notice, so they can literally be doing anything with it.

This is kikespeak, by using the software you agree to the EULA

Gas yourself

hi Holla Forums. please show me the portion of source code where mozilla doesnt encrypt your sync data and sends it to the joos.

It is encrypted, but mozilla has the private key, same with google, whatsapp etc. It used to be only you had the key, but it was "too hard" for retards so they changed it to 0815 cloud shit.

im still waiting for some proof......

They're not. You might run into bugs and/or crash the entire browser since they can't be sandboxed. Plus, you can't deny access to any features, so any addon can read/write to disk, download/upload files or scripts, execute scripts or programs, modify webpages, files in your disk or the browser's UI.
They're a security nightmare and a very stupid idea. They should've been deprecated years ago.

If you want to code in rust you NEED to know memory management.

how do you think the 'I forgot my passwort' "feature" fucking works you dumb shitstain

it sends you an email asking you to choose a new password.
how is that proof that your data isn't properly encrypted though?
be honest with me: are you a retarded nigger without knowledge of programming and cryptography?

Great job parroting mozillas propaganda idiot. No one forced you to install anything, it is your choice and your responsibility, but you moron see freedom as a burden. Better forbid everything not blessed by google. For security.

The answer is left as an exercise to the reader.

This shit right here is what made me leave Firefox for good, fuck these leftist whores,seriously they re asking to censor freedom of speech and what not. I thought all this talk about they being full of cancer was exaggerated but i see now how low have they fallen.

What advantages does using rust actually have?

I switched to qupzilla 2 months ago and now I get to duck as all this shit flies over my head.

Until somebody actually writes or forks a new, unpozzed engine, there's no way out.

Shove a cock up your ass, double nigger

Are you a retard? Qupzilla takes much less time to compile than either chromium or firefox. I'm pretty sure the blink layout engine is better than gecko anyway.
In addition to that, the engine isn't the part of the browser that sends my data to jewgle, so I don't get your point here.

why are Holla Forumsniggers so obsessed with gay bbc????
aren't you niggers anti degeneracy?????

lol

that suspiciously sounds like a tactic usually employed by kikes

Look at dis goy

HAHAHA EBIN
nice meme. you have exposed me as a jew. now i must vanquish

Wrong.
github.com/Eloston/ungoogled-chromium

I still don't see how the Blink rendering engine (the only part of qupzilla which is the same as chromium) is responsible for sending data to jewgle. It's free software with many people working on it, I'm sure you could BTFO jewgle if you found any malicious code there.

I actually asked about QtWebEngine's security on the irc channel, and the qutebrowser guy said that wireshard didn't detect any connection anymore. Looks like the Qt guys did a good job.

How surprising that he defends software he depends upon. There are tons of terrible things in chrome/blink/qt5-webengine or w/ like the performance timing apis, webgl, webrtc and prefetching "features" that cannot be turned off (no about:config).

labs.parabola.nu/issues/1167

I was mainly interested in whether it really doesn't phone home to Google. I'm not saying it's perfect, and qutebrowser doesn't necessarily depend on it (you can also use it with QtWebEngine)

WebGL can be turned off, and after I opened a bug asking about a way to turn off WebRTC (or at least the tracking part) that's now possible in Qt 5.9.2 (via a commandline argument) and Qt 5.10 (via a setting).

> labs.parabola.nu/issues/1167

Did you read that thread? There's agreement that the claims made in the bug are wrong, but nobody seems to care.

Err, I mean QtWebKit. github.com/annulen/webkit/ that is.

But the engine is the worst part of Chrome for the future of the web. The more people that use Konqueror forks such as it, the more likely HTML/CSS/JS will cease to be intentionally defined standards targeted by browsers, in favor of Blink's source tree being "the standard" itself, in an endless incontinent dribble of new half-baked "features".

If Mozilla caves, Microsoft will be the only remaining alternative. Things have gotten that bad.

someonewhocares.org/hosts/zero/

chrome://browser/content/abouthome/aboutHome.js

normandy.cdn.mozilla.net/api/v1/

about:telemetry

jar:file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Mozilla%20Firefox/browser/omni.ja!/chrome/browser/content/browser/abouthome/aboutHome.xhtml

omni/chrome/en-US/locale/browser/searchplugins/google.xml

google.com/complete/search?client=firefox&q=

about:buildconfig

about:config

about:preferences

detectportal.firefox.com/success.txt

chrome://browser/content/places/history-panel.js

developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Tech/Places/Places_Developer_Guide

Does anyone remember the glorious vaporware that was kde fiber. If I wasn't a pajeet tier programmer I'd make a browser like that.

worse still is setting up false dichotomy between mozilla kowtowing and chrome's extreme sheckle grab. Mozilla is the ever so slightly freer option thus the "best" option so trust us to inject DRM into your machine.

I agree, they are a terrible institution and harmful at large, but on an individual level you can customize their "improvements" out. At least with 52esr...

Mozilla employees are pure scum who sold out those who stuck to Firefox in order to attract those who abandoned them for chrome. They also see DRM, which violates like half of the principles in their manifesto, as "not inherently bad"

reddit.com/r/firefox/comments/6qvfc7/netmarketshare_shows_firefox_at_the_highest/dl0p1ck/

Also, they are trying to kill userchrome/content.css and probably want to cripple about:config too.

Is any of what I said a lie? No. Then it's not "propaganda."
Good luck using no addons/reading the source code of every addon before installing it.
Google has nothing to do with this.

Some people were born to be fucked mercilessly in the ass and just ask for more and more, really...

No arguments on your assertion of the contrary before either, nigger. You made the claim, I and I bet anyone else in here believes you, so first you provide some proof then you can ask others for arguments.

Firefox is dead, no matter what kind of checklist security features they try to implement. They already lost our trust by going full SJW, and trying to enforce policies by making it harder for users to configure the browser to their individual needs. Once you lose trust, it's over.

Nobody cares if they're SJW, people do care about their performance and extensions though. The EME is also a big hit but again people would rather have their video services than security.

I dont really think configuration itself will be chopped but the new API is going to take time to flesh out to the current state. It makes perfect sense to gut the old broken shit right now when they're refactoring. Still sucks and might break them.

You're the one claiming Google has something to do with this, you're the one who has to show proof of that. Otherwise you're just pulling shit outta your ass.

Kill yourself.

Mozilla provides a non-EME download in their webpage. Even if you happen to download a version with EME, Firefox implements it differently than other browsers.
For starters, EME is like an addon or a plugin and runs inside a sandbox in Firefox, so if it's disabled in the Settings page, it will never be executed. It's essentially not installed.
EME is pure cancer, but the way it's implemented by FF not only allows users to never run any of it's code, it also makes it easier to bypass DRM since it could, theoretically, be implemented by other program and record the DRM content.

You're doing God's work Ada shill. And Illumos too? That's two things I really need to look into.

SJW implies subversion. That's what they do, that's their purpose. Everything they touch goes to shit.

Nope, I claim it did after you claimed it didn't. You made the affirmation, I'm doubting, need of proof in your court, boyo.

Made me giggle a lil

Firefox's codebase is going to be this unintelligible mass of shit in a dead language that no sane person will ever look through.

I still remember when Firefox was relatively small time and their updates or blog posts or whatever seemed much more personalized, like an update you'd expect some faggot working in his mom's broom closet to post.

it cant be worse than c++

Rust was custom made for Firefox. Whether or not Rust becomes mainstream (it's doing OK, though) it doesn't matter. It's purpose is to make it easier for Mozilla devs, and as along as it does that, it's fine.

So like XUL then? :^)

Yes. When/if Rust/Web Extensions are no longer necessary, I hope they replace them.

Literally wut, Googles been using rust on programs for a year

Chrome and Firefox are both bloated pieces of crap.

LOL

I wish that was how the web still worked. Javascript was a mistake.

You're wrong. Rust was never made for Firefox.

Man I just want whatever is lightest on RAM because I'm a MULTI-TAB DRIFTER. I tested Cyberfox and Waterfox, and both are no-go. Seeing as Firefox 57 doesn't have any substitute to the add-ons that I depend on the most (preciselt rhe ones dealing with tab management), Palemoon is the only choice. Unless someone here knows of some arcane alternative to conserve RAM.

Just get more ram. It's really cheap. I've got 32geebees and I can have 30 tabs open, Unity's editor running a fairly large game, and Kerbal Space Program in the background and it's still got space to run AE. I have the swap file disabled, too.

At least it's now clear that the anti-Rust/anti-Firefox shills know shit of what they're talking about.

Did you honestly get that quote hoping to prove that Rust was made for Firefox? It says right there that Mozilla was not involved with the language until three years after it started. Are you retarded?

By the same token, if someone is going to learn WebExtensions, why even bother porting to to a browser with such low marketshare? And why would want to capture the add-on devs of a rival browser that has a terrible selection of add-ons in the first place? They might as well have tried to abandon their security features and copy Explorer's instead.

The only way this switch well be good is if Mozilla manages to make an amazing Webextensions, undisputably better than Chromium's version, and I doubt they can compete with Alphabet's army. Otherwise, all they have done is effectively to just tell their own users to go away and use Chromium instead.

Case in point: the FF add-ons I depended on the most have absolutely nothing like them in the site, which at the moment is filled with add-ons that add small and useful yet somehow missing features, or downright removed features. In other words, FF 57 requires add-ons just to be on the same level as base 56.

That's a tripfag, newfag.

It's still a name, newfag.

No they didn't. What they did was improve the security of Firefox by replacing XUL extensions with Webextensions.

Wow, really? So that explains why the most vocal supporters of Rust are saying you don't.

I swear to fucking god this was a user side theme change not forced on by the browser! Shit!

training wheels for shit coders.

Firefox is still niggerlicious even with quantum

I actually still use it because it works well. Plus I imagine it pisses off the snowflakes to have someone with my politics using their browser and them not being able to stop me.

I use Firefox because company politics has zero effect on how the browser works. The browser either does the job I need or it doesn't, that's the important matter.

That's like improving the security of Windows by replacing win32 apps with UWP apps.

It's actually more like when the boundary between the realities are manipulated but Yukari ran out of power to see it through.

(((sorosfox)))

My brother told me FF has had multithread support for a while now, so I googled and it seems he was right. FF 54 had it. So what sets Quantum apart? Or is it just a publicity stunt?

Read the OP: it's supposed to be faster. nice bait

(((hunfag)))

bump browser thread

its faster but does it use less memory?

I'll use brave instead.

Doesn't work with my hardware so no thanks.

Kill yourself and your Sorros funded cancer browser.

Lynx worked just fine for me on a 33 MHz 486, and still does today. Feels good man.

Who said the other cores are unused? They're running different processes. But more importantly, I'm not being roped-in to botnet CPUs. The Web 2.0 is your drug and Mozilla/Google/Intel are the dealers.

Says the man posting on a web 2.0 javascript infested image board.

You're wrong, pal. This site doesn't require JS, and I wouldn't bother if it did.

test

I won't use this bullshit browser just due to the fact that I can't even load fucking Google.com without some ridiculous HSTS security errors. FUCK YOU.

(((The Economist)))
All you need to debunk them is eonomics 101 and macro 101. Textbooks are available on torrent sites.

First the obligatory
Second,
Someone is MITMing your traffic.

quality

Firefox is a meme browser, if it isn't webkit it's stupid. They should just make Firefox a webkit/blink fork already.

Use Brave if you want to disconnect from Zognet.

jews in a nutshell

You're both wrong, user is a doublefag

He also created Javascript. That bastard.

Rust in my butt,
its so great

fight all h8

ftfy

But user, the Mac fanboi know better how your GUI should look like.
These "turn it inside out so that it's not ass-backward any more" addons stand on the way of perfection.

b8 eats b8 every day.
On our fellow b8 we prey.