Star Trek Beyond

What went so amazingly wrong in the writers room?

Did Chekov throw himself under a car just to avoid the premiere?

Blamed them for not saving him, I guess? Just using his crew and leaving them to die? I dunno. I was just pissed we had a revenge plot for the THIRD FUCKING TIME IN A ROW
He said he and his crew found tech that would prolong their lives by absorbing the life of others. Elbow ditching the bad prosthetics after crashing into the station and eating a bunch of humans shows this.
He also says that he found autonomous drones.
From the fucking base he found. Did you watch the movie?
I dunno what this is asking.

Jew Jew Abrahams

They had another script and director lined up but ditched them at the last minute getting Simon Pegg to rush out a script because they wanted to cash in the on the success of Guardians of the Galaxy.

I hate this unoriginal poster bullshit.

The design doesn't even fit Beyond since it's a generic action/revenge flick. Of course the title "Beyond" doesn't fit either, it isn't beyond anything, Star Trek "Within" would have been a more appropriate title.

It was the than the other 2 films, so I wasn't completely disappointed.
Beastie Boys memes need to stop, however.

He's asking why the hell, given the sheer enormity of personnel at his command and instantaneous swarm communication system that seems almost purpose built for the task, he never discovered the USS Franklin sitting right under his nose even considering the fact that it was cloaked with the hologram emitters.

They basically remade Insurrection and Nemesis.

Hey bad guy where did you get all that awesome tech that can take down the United Federation Of Planets flagship and prolong your lives for a century?

I dunno, found it over there.

People get paid to write this and fanboys will still defend it.

Plus he was the captain, did he forget where it crash landed?

The beginning of the movie was pretty good though, it felt like a typical Trek episode. Then it slowly turned into a Bad Robot production.

this is a typical cuck response.

What happened to this hot slut?

I liked it the least because it was the same thing for the third time in a row. This series desperately needs a new villain. We've had enough mentally unstable renegades with a vendetta to last us a lifetime. Yes, Wrath of Khan was good, but you can't just have every Star Trek story be Wrath of Khan.

Nothing. She only existed for this three second scene created solely to bait in thirsty nerds into watching this piece of shit.

It's the fourth. Star Trek Nemesis has a revenge plot as well. Star Trek Insurrection technically has a revenge plot also. And in Star Trek First Contact, Picard wants revenge,
so that makes six movies with revenge as a major theme.

But this is what happens when you listen to man-children nerdoids. The new and interesting ideas like trying to find God or rescuing whales piss them off and all they want are wrath of khan over and over again.

Star Trek IV was the best Trek movie. VI was good too.

Why so TEAL AND ORANGE?

It was migraine inducing

Is it because of the lens flare? You're not supposed to stare directly at the screen of an Abrams film, dummy.

How can white women even compete.

Oh that is how.

Abrams didn't even do this one, which is ironic that I got migraines the first two times I unfortunately watched it, direction is just batshit after 10-15 minutes

There is your answer.

Also, the NX-xxx or whatever designation the Franklin had made no sense. It's the first warp 4 ship yet Enterprise tells us that the NX-01 was the first ship that could really get out into deep space. The villian in Beyond had to be some random nigger Maco taking orders from plantation massa Archer. Idiot Pegg tried too hard to fit it into Enterprise.

He was a producer. Anything he is remotely associated with is tainted with his trademark cinematography of lens flares, dizzying camera movement, and people running around frantically and yelling gibberish to create "drama" and "tension."

they let the ching chong director of fast and the furious flicks shoot it and it was actually even worse somehow is what im saying, yes the main root of the problem is still the overall writing, but this time it was actually simon pegg himself who penned it. honestly the other two are watchable compared to the beyond thats how shitty it was

Lots of production troubles, Pegg's script got butchered to the point he actually quit several times. Honestly you need someone to write an essay of the exact list of shit that happened and went wrong.

When was that?

funny thing is, they put her in as bait for a possible cameron kirk teaser, but you know it won't happen.

this, pegg is an overrated cuck, and a pathetic excuse of a fan. he had to go to memory alpha to make sure his script worked at all kek.

I thought that was what the swarm of ships and the bio weapon was at first until they backpedaled and turned it into evil villain plot # 1,345,678,543

Hey I just told you were he got it, I'm not saying it was good

If getting covered in bodypaint didn't make her attractive nothing will. God her face is horrible

what the fuck

is she white, is she chinese, is she jewish, is she even human?

She's our Mummy

I thought it was fun

Holy fuck, that makes perfect sense. It was a Star Trek movie trying to be a GotG movie.

The only interesting thing about this movie was the Yorktown for about 2 minutes of visual novelty. Yorktown is also a really stupid name for the space station.

JUST
UNFUCK
MY
SHIT
UP
FAM

I am more astonished by how did this manage to scare away even the normalfags from seeing it. They usually eat any shit you deposit in their plate without complaining…

Into Darkness was really that bad. Even the normies could tell it was hot garbage.

It made 83.3% of its budget domestically, and made even more money from foreign markets guaranteed.

But probably not enough to justify nu-trek 4.

Its still a disappointment when you consider that every nu-Star Trek movie was making less and less money than the previous one instead of the opposite.

You realize studios only see at best 50% of the box office take right?

So this film would need to bring in $370 million to break even and that's if the $185 million budget included advertising.

Worldwide: $343,471,816

They're all fine, honestly. They aren't outright bad movies like Nemesis. They just fail to do anything particularly interesting with the boundless potential of Star Trek, and it's kind of a shame.

Yeah but it's like New York…. in space!

They're like the Transformers movies.

Same plot points every time-the destruction of Earth to fulfill revenge. Same ridiculous pacing. And always a bunch of token cameos and references to appeal to nerds. All style, no substance. They're not "decent" at all, the first one was average at best, and the second was much worse. I'm telling you, Abrams works have a really short half life.