I need some recomendations

I need some recomendations.

I want to make pictures using code.
I can already draw and paint even if I'm mediocre, but I'm willing to learn some coding language to produce interesting pictures.

I would love to make pretty pictures using geometry and other stuff, but I'm clueless over what topics do I need to study, I'm sure is a lot of math.

pic related.

Other urls found in this thread:

processing.org/
cairographics.org/
processing.org/examples/
docs.racket-lang.org/teachpack/2htdpimage.html
youtube.com/watch?v=eBV14-3LT-g
khanacademy.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Processing.
processing.org/

There is the Cairo library:
cairographics.org/

It has bindings for a number of languages, so you could use for example the Python REPL to scribble something.

What kind of math do I need to study?

Depends what you want to do. Processing has some examples for things like sin/etc in processing.org/examples/
If you do things from scratch though (i.e. without a library that knows how to draw) you'll need linear algebra and maybe quaternions.
You'll probably be interested in fractals like the pic. Things like trees full of leaves are pretty easy and fun to create, I'd start there.

people have been telling me I don't need advanced math to draw pretty pictures.

basically algebra I II, trigonometry and linear algebra.

do I need calculus I as well?

Advanced math, no. Basic, yes. Take the first pic. All you need to know is how to draw a few sticks with the right size and position.
The caveat is you need to know how to describe the shape you want. So if you want something like the second pic calculus will help.

Racket has a picture library that's supposed to be used to teach people how to code, but works for making neat pictures. If you just want to fiddle with shapes and stick them together it works just fine.
docs.racket-lang.org/teachpack/2htdpimage.html

youtube.com/watch?v=eBV14-3LT-g

Cool

Depends on what you want to do. The process that generates is extremely simple: z_(n+1) = (z_n)^2 + z_0, repeated until either |z|>2 or some maximum iteration limit is reached, and coloured based on the number of iterations it took. It's on the complex plane so you should be familiar with that, but you wouldn't even need a very thorough understanding.
Pic related is a similarly simple variation on that process.

Are there any place to learn about this topic?

I'm completelly clueles and I'm looking for ways to make new art.

p5.js is a clone of processing and works pretty well. sure, javascript sucks but if you might as well use a real language instead of processing which has zero applications outside of drawing to the screen.

if you want to do it with 3d mode, there's Structure Synth.

The math courses at Khan Academy are nice for absolute beginners.

khanacademy.org/

GLSL and as much math as you can learn. The more math you know the more advanced techniques you can make. Software rasterization just isn't worth the effort anymore.

Processing is for pahjeet tier "coders"

Which is the whole point because OP never gave any indication of ever programming before you stupid nigger. Besides, it's way more fun to use a library or language that's actually made for creative coding because you're not writing 500 lines of openGL boilerplate sepples garbage

As others have said, it depends on what you want to do. If you just want to make simple shapes, then linear algebra (vectors, matrices and stuff) should be all you need. If you want to do curves you should learn about splines. If you want to do something like the second picture in you will need calculus. If you want to do graph visualization you will need to learn graph theory.

The best advice I can give you is to get started with simple shapes first and then when you find something more complicated investigate the underlying math and learn it. Don't try to learn all the math there is because you "might have some use for it some day eventually" (unless you are a mathematician of course, but if you were you wouldn't be asking such a question).

7.14 Mhz M68000 1mb ram

What DE is that, my fellow black man?

Well it's a tv recorded with my phone. I just uploaded it cuz I had it on me. I'll post a webm later. It's 50 fps (pal amiga) and the flashing parts are much faster.

And I'll add that this demo is remarkable not because of these effects, Amiga can do much better, but because it is 27 minutes of continuous music and some light effects on 2 880kb floppy disks.

terrible demo

But it's fun.

XFCE, can't you see the mouse on the top left corner ?

Logo. I used to draw with it in first grade on an Apple //e. Shit was fun.

Gnuplot is a powerful program for visualizing data. You can use math functions or plot data into 2d or 3d graphs. It uses Cairo.