Remember When Comics Were A Visual Medium?

I miss those days

Other urls found in this thread:

viruscomix.com/page591.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

nice shit thread
but I've got a point to make
no, the joke is not the cause, the joke is a symptom, the result of parents too overburdened by a system designed to be "progressive"

It does not start with a joke or the overburdening of the parents but the dissolution of traditions that would help support the family and the rise of the "self generations"
in the past, a close, multi-generational family would work together to raise the young, instead of "traveling the world" or "finding themselves"

I could go on if I took the time to think and articulate it, but this is just more progressive bullshit pointing fingers at shit they caused

but as far as your own point, words are cool some times

Ooooohh, I 'member!

shit tier

No.

you could have at least posted calvin and hobbes

I liked Calvin and Hobbes better when it was called Cheech Wizard.
And I liked Cheech Wizard better when it was called Pogo Possum.
I think these days they call that comic Bone.

I still need to read bone

Wasn't Crumb just a massive troll?

I don't think so
fritz was good

Didn't he go to the underground because he got sick and tired of the Comics Code?

I like his work, it's a shame we'll never see a collected Frtiz collection seeing as Crumb hates the movie and killed the character off because of it.

which movie?
first or second?
second was shit for sure

He hated the first one, he hated so much that he wrote a story about Fritz becoming a huge movie star and getting killed by one of his ex girlfriends.

He hasn't talked about the character since then.

well shit

Wrong Crumb. That's his brother Charles.

There was a Fritz collection, The Life and Death of Fritz, published long after the movies came out. It went out of print years ago.

The most mainstream work Robert probably ever did was for a postcard company in his early days.

I'm getting flashbacks to that comic of Samus and Lara Croft at a bar.

Is that bendis?

Damn, he got Trotsky'd?

Lawl, I remember an issue of Zap or Weirdo or something where Spain Rodriguez snaps and kills Robert Crumb the same way, with the ice pick to the head.

Well no, because Fritz died right away. Trotsky didn't

Fucking brutal, lucky Fritz.

And also Trotsky's killer used an ice axe, rather than an ice pick

Jesus.

bendis?
I think it is

The Bendis who writes comics?

I would like to see more of this ex-girlfriend

How do you brain someone with that and not instantly kill them?

Human beings are incredibly resilient.

He didn't hit him with enough force. The killer expected to insta-kill Trotsky but Trotsky lasted long enough to get into a fight with his assassin, break the assassin'shand and then be taken to hospital by his guards and operated on before dying like a day later.

Worth it, but it gets kinda rushed towards the end. Still a satisfying read.

How come the complete edition isn't in color?

Fuck whoever wrote this, and whoever signed off on it. I wonder what Claremont would think of this character being used as someone's megaphone.

but this? this meandering trail of bullshit? He's even painting pictures, talking about drafting laws, visual examples, descriptive tragedy. Some of those should have been represented by panels.

Probably because it was originally published without color. The only color editions seem to be either the Scholastic Graphix trades or the expensive slipcased hardcover edition

I was aware of that but I just feel like it's counter productive. Though I guess the people who grew up with the books got the paperback trades in color as they came out. I really should've gotten into the series back then.

Shits like magic

Everybody involved in making this should be shot.

You talking about bendis?

Yeah, Bendis. The guy who writes comics.

If it's Bendis shouldn't they be repeating everything?

Brian michael bendis?

No, because it's not a dialogue, it's a monologue.

No, the other Bendis *sigh*. Of course I'm talkin' about Brian Michael Bendis.

Sir you are 100% correct in your assessment of the OP comic

kys

You have to go back, memelord.

buy some rope and find a tree faggot

The comic writer? The one who writes comics?

Done. Now stand on this chair.

I prefer to sit while I watch nigger

user, god dammit.

Brian Michael Bendis.

Brian Micheal Bendis, the comic writer who writes the comics.

Why didnt he made a comic about killing the faggots involved with the movie?

Is like you want them to put more work on something that can just be represented with just words!

The comic writer who writes for marvel comics? That bendis?

This what happens when hacks get the keys

Wasn't Claremont the one who made Magneto a Holocaust victim? And Storm a survivor of the Suez Crisis? And the X-Men an allegory for treatment of minorities in general? Yeah, I'm sure he'd be very opposed.

Amateur. Try this on for size.

By the same author, no less.

Trotsky was a Communist. The assasin didn't hit any vital organs.

I have never understood how this writer never got branded with the WORDS WORDS WORDS meme instead of Tim Buckley.
CAD is actually readable compared to the massive wall of words that even vary in size so the writer could cram more in.

Maybe nobody actually read all those ugly walls of text.

hehehehehe
viruscomix.com/page591.html

Yes, the Bendis that writes the Marvel comics.

Oh boy, this is going to end well.

This is going to end well?

Even so, at least the holocaust was a historical event that probably happened. Jokes do not, and never have been the jumpstart to Orwellian states, and are actually an important part of fighting them. Claremont had history to back him up on those things, he wasn't pulling a completely unheard of situation out of his ass. Also, there's a difference between taking the effort to write and illustrate an allegory, and slapping a blatant SJW sermon in the middle of your work.

In the case of Magneto, the Holocaust informs his worldview. He is the man who has fought monsters/stared into the abyss, and now he reflects the darker side of protecting your people. His actions and beliefs are consistent with what you would expect from someone put through such a horrific experience. I could see the bumpkin Colossus was when they picked him up off the commune saying this, but as an experienced and wizened hero, he would certainly know better.

I can only think of one movement that started out as jokes….the SJW movement.

Watch some comedy from the early 90s:

"The Republicans are all Stupid stuck up assholes MIRITE?"

Then Late 90s

"The Republicains are all evil MIRITE"

Until it stopped being a punchline in the early 2000s

"Oh yeah sure Evil Repubs, hate recycling"

And by 2010 it was as ingrained as the inflated social value of diamonds.

If anything it was the democrats inability to make fun of themselves in any analytical fashion which resulted in their solidified minds.

A lot of the time he's writing illustrated dialogue-heavy short stories that are (somewhat poorly) poured into a comic format. They're words words words, but they wouldn't become better by removing the words, they'd become meaningless.

But CAD is a funni vidio gam comic. If you need to pour one of those full of words you're doing something wrong.