Electoral college threatens democracy once again

Trump WIll win the popular vote. Clinton will win the electoral college vote, all she has to do is bribe 300 people. Why do we still have electoral college and why dont we stand up to it. I see a 2000 gore and bush situation.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/Pp3js
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The EC per se isn't the problem, it's the fact that most states give ALL of their electoral votes to the candidate who comes in first. Free up the electors in all the rural areas (California and New York especially) and it becomes fair.

She goes far beyond bribery. Ask that chickenshit, nigger bitch in the Justice Department.

What you're describing is patently illegal (yes, I know), and fear mongering at best.

The electoral college cannot vote their 'conscience'. If all the people in a state vote for Donald Trump they have to give the electoral votes to Donald Trump.

What happened there was that a lot of people voted for Gore in the states that he won. Each state has a set number of electoral votes. He might have gotten a lot of people to vote for him in those states but it didn't make a difference because each state only has a set number of electoral votes.

The Gore/Bush situation is also one of only four times that's ever happened.

Yeah, no. You're fucking retarded.

Friendly reminder the EC was put in place by the Founding Fathers.
Friendly reminder that it wouldn't be a problem with no universal suffrage.
Friendly reminder democracy is atrocious to begin with.

Hey faggot, just saw that you have no idea what you're talking about and need to correct it. Only 29 states have faithless elector laws (meaning there is an actual penalty to not following the choice of the state's voters). It is entirely possible to bribe Electors to go against their state's votes, it's just rarely happened.

At the same time, there have only ever been 157 faithless electors (and 71 are due to someone keeling over before the election), and they have never thrown the election. It's likely not something to worry about.

Here's a boring as fuck webpage on it that makes it simple for even the dumbest of shits to understand.
archive.fo/Pp3js

Well golly gee, consider my record corrected.

Consider my blood boiling.
And my enemies dead

That's not how it works, faggot.
It is still bullshit though because it basically asks for voterfraud to happen.

Basically, in close swing states, they may only need to rig a few hundred votes to steal the whole election, rather than rig millions and therefore be easily found out.
The few hundred/thousand fraudulent votes is well withing the margin of error of what they are willing to let go without doing some sort of currently impossible vote audit on the whole state.

Another problem is that states are gerrymandered each census to inflate the number of electoral votes they are worth by not only using population, but "minority" heavy districts, thereby making their votes worth more simply because of their status.
This is why Soros and Obama are trying to turn states blue and artificially overvalue blue states by creating large "minority" districts in key locations before the 2020 census so that it will be logistically impossible for dems to lose anything, thereby flooding all government positions with Dems.

Electoral college "saved" us in 2000, although it could be argued that neocohen retard did more damage than Gore could have. After all, he primed America's neghole for Barack.

There will be foul play for sure, but as far as the electoral college, either their vote is consistent with the (((outcome))) or it isn't. Easy to confirm.

This is a common misconception I see on Holla Forums.

The electoral college doesn't vote for who they want to. They vote the way of their states. To break away from what their states want is illegal in many states, though not all. To date, there have been very few cases of electors being faithless and never have they broken en masse from what the people wanted.

The situation in 2000 where Gore won the popular vote but didn't win the electoral college vote is not the same thing. Every elector in the states he won voted for him, while the electors from Bush's states voted for him. This is because 100% of electors for most states vote for a candidate even if they get only 51% of the vote.

If the electors all went faithless, expect a bloodbath of epic proportions.

Sage for shit thread.

I don't know about bribes, but is it possible that NeverTrump and/or SJWs could become electors and refuse to vote for Trump?

If Hillary or Trump (of course Hillary is more likely in this scenario) "win" the electoral college not by winning more electoral votes, but by having electors vote against their home districts, and the result impacts the election, the legitimacy of their victory is low. Normally, that wouldn't matter, but this election it seems like a Civil War is more likely of an outcome than it's been in the last 150 years. This election is already running low on legitimacy as is for any side with our evidence of "Democratic" operatives conspiring to commit mass voter fraud, concerns over the Soros-funded voting machines, and concerns over the federal government's "oversight" of the election. On the other side, King Nigger and the Wicked Witch of the Wild, Wild West are peddling this idea that the Russians are going to be somehow trying to directly intervene to get Trump elected. If it's an electoral win by way of faithless electors, that will be the straw that breaks the camel's back. We will probably have a Civil War in such a case.

are the shills even trying anymore
there is a concern trolling raid underway and you cucks aren't recognizing it

the electoral college (generally) favors rural (read: Republican) states, you twit

CTR can get fucked. Look at the counties in California or Jew York or Illinois. Tell me how the electoral college HELPS Republicans.

you mean states any republican candidate wasn't going to win anyway?

Wasn't one of Bush's elections eventually shown to be very clearly stolen even?

Huh. Do we have a list of every elector and a way to find out who they voted for?
A list would be a good idea. I mean we should get one so we can check and see if they vote the way they are supposed to.
Not saying they will vote against the will of the voters, but it could happen. It would be
great if do the right thing even if they personally oppose a candidate. But if
enough of them don't follow the will of the people it could cost Trump his election.
Might be worth checking into since a few states require electors to vote as the popular vote goes, and there are
harsh penalies for faililng to do so, but not all of them.

It probably wouldn't hurt to get a list of their names and addresses so we can write them letters. I would be
glad as fuck if we didn't have to be so paranoid, but there is so much riding on this election. I
honestly can't wait for November 8th.

2000, he had his brother fix the Florida count so he won.

Again, CTR can get fucked.

Yeah I don't know how Democrats act so dismissive of the election being fucked with while everyone who can vote was alive when exactly the concern happened.

It was my first election and I voted for Al Gore and his bong water brigade. Me and my brother sat up all night watching and celebrated when Gore was declared and then they started changing everything during the course of the night and we kept getting angrier and angrier. Fucking hanging Chads.

According to wikipedia they can.

In the 29 states with anti-Faithless Elector laws, it doesn't matter if Joseph Stalin is an elector, his vote goes with the people's. In the other 21, certainly, though it's unlikely. Electors are generally chosen way ahead of time and rarely break ranks.

Yeah it was very much a loss for them too. Presidential election stolen in recent history, pretty much broke the world since then. But the Right is crazy for being worried about such a thing happening.