Insurance files key testing

During the DDoS attack a few hashes and keys were posted on several sites for a few minutes and then deleted without a trace (pic related is one of them i.imgur.com/undefined.png).

Additionally, the Wikileaks site showed "The Insurance files may have just been released" for a few minutes as well. (see i.imgur.com/6IMYfUK.png)

I have begun trying some of the candidate keys. I could use some help. I think the least we can do is try them and keep track of the results and what has been tried.

Files:
file.wikileaks.org/torrent/2016-06-03_insurance.aes256.torrent
file.wikileaks.org/torrent/wikileaks-insurance-20120222.tar.bz2.aes.torrent file.wikileaks.org/torrent/wlinsurance-20130815-A.aes256.torrent
file.wikileaks.org/torrent/wlinsurance-20130815-B.aes256.torrent
file.wikileaks.org/torrent/wlinsurance-20130815-C.aes256.torrent

Candidate for file A (see pic related for how to generate it):

eta-numeris: f22d 7304 8224 8ad6
sin-tropper: 48ab b7eb ceda f42d
7FG: 6f46 30e1 c6f3 385d
project-runway: da46 2913 216c 9a0d
fall-of-cassandra: 07d6 db54 f3c2 7d4a

(The order might be incorrect, see archive.fo/pMEmC)

f22d730482248ad648abb7ebcedaf42d6f4630e1c6f3385dda462913216c9a0d07d6db54f3c27d4a

Candidate for file B:

eta-numeris: 52f3 436e 82db 1fde
sin-topper: b1a0 64d4 0004 8865
project-runway: a10a 3571 a17b 8898
7FG: fde0 5ea5 34a9 c372
fall-of-cassandra: ca1c c808 dfbd 0d23

52f3436e82db1fdeb1a064d400048865a10a3571a17b8898fde05ea534a9c372ca1cc808dfbd0d23

The candidate for C is in pic related as well but it has to be typed down manually. We should also rerun the commands shown there and verify that we get the same result. Moreover, I believe something similar can be done with the hashes tweeted recently.

Other unknown candidates:
imgur.com/pve7F5I

Staying safe:

OS: For maximum security, Tails OS on a computer with no hard drive is recommended. tails.boum.org/
Burner email: slippery.email/
Burner phone number: burnerapp.com/
Tor Browser: torproject.org/projects/torbrowser.html.en
Chat: Cryptocat crypto.cat/index.html, other options blogmedia.whoishostingthis.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/True-Private-Messaging-final.jpg
Encryption: Truecrypt 7.1 filehippo.com/download_truecrypt/10519/

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/undefined.png).
8ch.net/pol/res/7931897.html
onlineocr.net/,
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_Man's_Switch_(The_Outer_Limits)
archive.is/AfyZh
8ch.net/pol/res/7962287.html#q7964341
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

hm yes very interesting

That script shouldn't take long to run, though, should it? Incorrect keys will be rebuffed immediately, right?

What DDoS attack?

I thought it would just be a key, not an unnecessarily convoluted process of keyfile creation etc.
Surely if it were more than a simple key WL would have supplied instructions somewhere?

The large DDoS attack that happened all over the US yesterday.

I've been busy this week. Is there a summary of it?
I seem to recall something about wikileaks supporters DDoSing shit as revenge for Assange being silenced.
Is that the same one?

Yes, same event. No real proof who did it though.

>i.imgur.com/undefined.png).
pic deleted, can you repost here? slimgur is better tbh, born out of the fph censorship on imgur

Only thing we know is that it was a large and complex ops. I am more siding with the story of revenge w/ Julian's crew & support group.

Doesn't really make sense for Julian's crew to do that. What purpose would it serve? Makes more sense as a smokescreen to prevent a deadman's switch signal from being released while they transport Julian.

Duude

I had it saved that way, I just copied it off that. Sue me.

You could have copied the number that is on the link and put two arrows in front

IS THAT SO HARD?

Calm your fucking tits faggot

How do I use the password?
Got the file, how do I try passwords?

why would you need help running through these exactly?

Do you know how to run them? Then do it already.

$ openssl enc -aes-256-cbc -d -in insurance.aes256 -out file.txt
is the case if it's just a key, however, people seem to know something I don't, and are constructing keyfiles from the supplied… dump? tweet? strings?

The process he's using is something like
echo "eta numeris" > plaintext.txtopenssl enc -aes256 -in plaintext.txt -out keyfile> enter aes-256-cbc encryption password: > Verifying - enter aes-256-cbc encryption password: (using phrase that's next to hex string)openssl enc -d -aes256 -in wlinsurance-20130815-A.aes256 -kfile keyfile > unencrypted-A

Perhaps Gavin MacFadyen knew what to do with it.

Aren't these just more file hashes to proof they aren't fucking around and really do have the data?

Yeah, I think it's far more likely to be that, but OP thought it was worth a try just in case

How would you have more hashes to prove a file when you already have an existing hash? That doesn't make sense. It seems more likely they're either used in some way to obtain the keys or they're fake.

it's almost like this is a (1) disinfo thread, huh?

Did we have the hashes to begin with? Do we even know what files these hashes pertain to?
Does someone else? Why would WL communicate with them over twitter?

Wikileaks has thousands of files, and each one would have it's own hash proving its existence.

Fuck off faggot

They're not going to send out hashes for each individual file. The hashes that were already sent out were for each large insurance chunk of files. We've already got the hashes to those. It makes no sense to send more hashes.

The hashes aren't for us. They are for the people they are threatening.
It's the same thing as the three hashes they released when they threatened the embassy.
It's a "fuck you you think we are faking? Do these looks familiar?"

It does though, because the hashes released were as a warning/threat for individual files.

Threatening your entire dump is a lot less scary than a specific piece of dirt on a specific person.

I have to pause to wonder if government really keeps hashes of all its files, and in a searchable database.

An idiot copy pasted something nonsensical from reddit and never came back, the thread is shit.
You pointing out that it might be shit doesn't make it not shit, it just makes you a jackass for bumping shit.

alright, anchor this shit and close up shop, 40 replies and 0 content

Denying it without trying it doesn't sound too smart. If for some reason that was Julian's keys we should totally just ignore it because it came from plebbit. Smart.

I'll test it. I'm downloading an insurance file as we speak.

Got an update on that?

Since the keys are in a fucking image, I have to type everything. It takes a while. I'll smoke a "last" sigaret just in case. I'll post as soon if I have something.

Okay. Godspeed!

If it were his keys, then the person would have said, hey i found his keys and opened it and here's what's in it.

Instead it was, hey, here's this convoluted process that would never be the actual release vector for keys, and here's a script that'll do it, and I could have just run it and verified it myself, but I'm going to ask idiots on the internet to waste their time instead.

Boy, you really have a hard-on for trying to suppress this, don't you? Why don't you just mind your own business if you don't think it's real?

use an ocr converter such as onlineocr.net/, it converts images to text.

CTR seems to be working over time to bury something on this board. I wonder if this is it.

They're moving here full force, since halfchan was just completely overrun today.

That actually does make perfect sense. No sense in shilling halfchan when the cuck mods will do it for free.

Anti-Slide Bump

Bumpan

Nice dubs, checked bump

hes already dead

I have nothing at the moment, but it is possible those are not the keys (next to the files). Or the spaces aren't meant to be typed as the passphrase. I'm trying that now.

if i was smart, i will only publish the keys, and never name what's in it, so scared normies won't need to buckle up and double down.

So many slide threads. Definitely someone raiding the shit out of us.

imagine you found the Scalia.mp4 file, are you ready for what's to come ?

Suiciding yourself with two shotgun blasts to the back of the head? I'm not ready for that.

I'm a "diplomat" so, I will fucking run to the diplomatic area…

I'm starting to think Holla Forums has been compromised since they're not doing shit about all these obvious slide/spam threads.

come on bruh, i saw the insurance files with more than 2000 lechers the other day, imagine that for a fucking month, because you can download it in a day if you have average broadband, so it's more than 200K people with the file already, can you imagine what that means ?? stop the fear-mongering.

I have tested them.
No.

2 theories on the DDoS:

1 krebs and others talk about certain attacks on internet infrastructure probing for weakness to take down largest number of things.

2: bobama calls out "Solar Flares" while Biden says "starting covert cyber war" which means they've installed firewalls into their monitoring software on tier1 stuff. Perhaps this has been attacked but ICMP and UDP packets were still going through even when the DDoS was occurring.

No what?

I wasn't intending to fear monger, just a joke.

Have you tried this one?

Posted, but nobody even responded to it.

No luck guys, sorry. If anyone is interested I can put online the text version of this. The key next to the file is probably not the key.

That is interesting. Could be coded messages. Maybe keys.

They don't need to "keep" hashes. Hashes are automatically generated based on the file itself.

If you have the file, and then copy it, the copy will have the same hash as the original because they contain the exact same data.

He was telling kerry, "I have something on you, this is proof, and if you do anything I'll release it"

OP said "The order might be incorrect". Perhaps you'd have to try each key on each file. Tedious but maybe it's the only way.

Right but this is implying that the aggressor would know exactly what file WL was talking about from just a hash.
It sounds unusual at the least.

Yeah, but that is what the for loop does. But I've noticed now that xxd is complaining about "cannot write to output file". However, if I use xxd in a regular way I get a hexstream. So I'll try it if I see something pop up in the hex stream.

+hTPwbyt 4eqfZ7H0 biD9vzQ6 xDFTNina Hs4Y/P6e AHfMIwr2 /JFUer5w m0XpoiiW /m7Dha+o FTaBDm9L LIqiOoDt pYBlPeoF l3AwP7V2 R/kE5d95 BR0llxpl tR7j7bsZ Aa+OWvHs 9LdlvYWe Jm2fc2eO fmw+P2T9 Jj2vkIhT x982mqrY 28/9W2br iNjPIem0 m+LfsRZH NbJP5pQr rPPvZIv9 6obs30ux Wk0Sn96e eLM+dUxw nY6/uyU9 8ncFGVqi kGjaKC4p V4PnA1dp cVDlRP4l FleH5mo6 zLKrFxuX +NQxy42i btdzUW6P VwRxLH9b eQPdxSov JfgM+CRd ap+mn1Pz NhOdJ0X5 VSpzcGC6 6PBWymk5 7bEVFnEj TcGw9iR0 fXE4fRgh 20evtFHG YAy23PEP GMBJ3n2t kQ3Fi1iQ 4fh3KRPt VKN1MyJG f+tWFss4 qz0RukGx IS896yLM ls280QTE aExE3LDg PyQRpeGC TaWB/Zp7 Dtdqwlh4 jaMGjUJs wl6U1+YP ZXKK7D4o ThedZRjS H8Eacetg q+nLMto4 E5zeRRsW 88k7+17W 3LeZMh0P mniNrdrB WA95Sdjr O4IWA46S tCIlix7N GU7VgZpK Ptf1wHUt R4eOy5WV i1KQxBG6 9Ixor7qV XgKxrM3j CmWNBBeD HmDqEWcA ViYEUmNj ygnCOiEA EoqRqslD aqc79b6z jAfT+qFd ErfPBh4s PpsQSP5T NeRWxu8g WMh2Mfee z8bL+K4K MX61QtE4 Hax31kAA Bzi1D1O1 DmKVD7l1 xFnT/aYh V7wJCLuS Rv4A9LNX mVkPvH6B hBGZhgcm NU4q49bA I5LpNxB/ Xhd1+e6o ic60LqwL lyrt0C2A qkhDgO+B EPdAl//r XLE7ox1O gnYqHK7g 07wByYBm 900bThH3 8SNxbaCz abNqdAqw RiZYQkj9 8M0eUfbB qVuKFE0D XWVlDWyc APl1KsJS YbFp5ln6 mxrgN1Ja 0Vo3nmn0 qC2y1WbI hoFslL39 vHWZq6n3 9CgswX4W VrtAwPYv GJ9S5NxU V8Ptp75w pMsa5/mc kDhaf+Kf nOwtUm5s 1VHjH0vj UMjhGjkq nwvH4FpQ zF3TSqi8 luOd9riQ D/b4iCIP HBVTwDiw 5SQ34YAW zAAduu9/ zhmDUT/V kZHYW3tp HeDUejp7 3XJntbY0 spPle1pk 0LJh0U+Q h2P0Tab5 fUVEI5AR OcQF8WNp ML/5tcEm Y6HR7n1T AhgAa7fW LSlkwz0a g+RheDb1 w7T2CcID 1IJyJv2P s3GQtYU7 OH6wft0U EM3Cj6ka Ph0gkJz8 faNFm5Vl Da8vJAKw CnjUGca7 rER1Lr6Y JTHqwQVT BKFYmUvk 7y60zMoz 8V/CbXVL jjxkabk+ xEj0HHdR XBrLxZrW b6yh+Unp dd5fla+l 3nZ8612J z4p8yjVs VlUDJt7Z kiTbP0VA 4AuPfDlO 7l3ky4cS 2IYy+esV hMczakbh af8PKWo+ ujPXWJ5V sgNWyDfJ lo6YrvLs m6d/ZUY5 52+z3sGt DeFBY3/B 7+oOrzGw Cv3wz/oo TBC2thOL HZs6grZd pmc7BWmD StUT/d+c LHZtSx4x 6g40dQoc ciJl5X6q cdqw9d/b NIxIaFnn beCn8cwC 1lNDLfW0 U2hvWdjM N2FmFu8M LkEA+uqJ AQukecCo HjB4Ugo7 vndya25j bTJVC218 +6TPQ9Kl wqTwyUty mte7lKot H24RC2jP JriqbMvd E9i5x5ak JKZQtMVr O83gN5gK 7guJBk3m salVlSO4 qWwQ9uci

useless
There's no conceivable way that could be useful

I see the point you're trying to make but I disagree.

That imgur link is broken.

Ok, I'm using xxd -p now. Let see if this works.

I'm certain the NSA is on that like flies on shit

Bump

I'll continue look into it tomorrow, I have to finish some other stuff first.

how fucked they are ?

they are only wondering if they will be guillotined or hanged at this time

How about the other unknown candidates from the OP?

BUMP, FUCK CTR

Bamp

Oh, you saved my OT. Cool, lad

have another bump

And one more

This whole fiasco reminds me of this episode of The Outer Limits:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_Man's_Switch_(The_Outer_Limits)

Right down to the media telling us ASSANGE IS STILL ALIVE, CARRY ON EVERYONE. DON'T ACTIVATE THAT DEAD MAN'S SWITCH.

OP is offering nothing

RED FLAGS
op is posting non sense that has no effect on the insurance files
op is not breaking links
op posted to undefined.png, nice going, why would your own pic 404 and then you copy and pasted that url
op is offering "Stay Safe" links which included defunct truecrypt and unvetted email and "phone" services

This is a list of IDs of CTR at cuckchan

archive.is/AfyZh - /r/The_Donald - I Decoded That Supposed Wikileaks Message

Any updates?

This is what I'm getting

wlinsurance-20130815-A.aes256, 7FG-final-request.key, 0000000: d5e5 d6e5 42d1
error writing output file
wlinsurance-20130815-A.aes256, eta-numeris.key, 0000000: 07a4 a6d5 85a8
wlinsurance-20130815-A.aes256, fall-of-cassandra.key, 0000000: 0a64 92d8 3289
wlinsurance-20130815-A.aes256, project-runway.key, 0000000: 22ac 68c0 1500
wlinsurance-20130815-A.aes256, sin-topper.key, 0000000: 6674 d1c0 b5e3
bad magic number
wlinsurance-20130815-B.aes256, 7FG-final-request.key,
bad magic number
wlinsurance-20130815-B.aes256, eta-numeris.key,
bad magic number
wlinsurance-20130815-B.aes256, fall-of-cassandra.key,
bad magic number
wlinsurance-20130815-B.aes256, project-runway.key,
bad magic number
wlinsurance-20130815-B.aes256, sin-topper.key,

Explain how testing these keys is pointless.

Isn't it supposed to say bad magic number?

bump

Deleted. Please repost it.

Bump in case assange is dead

Posts here are getting deleted (I suspect they're highly sensitive).

Move to endchan.xyz Holla Forums for this.

If not dead, he is "gone", as good as dead.

Has been deleted.

Why is no one posting any more?

Everyone already been assassinated?

Bunker time lads.

==Not a fucking drill== just saw 5 threads I easy in get pruned.

not a drill
Was in*

Endchan thread.

Link:
http:// endchan.xyz/pol/res/20366.html

Lots of deletions going on in the other insurance thread…

8ch.net/pol/res/7962287.html#q7964341

BUMP

IS JULIAN DEAD??

anti-slide bump

NO
now fuck off slider