youtube.com/watch?v=S97TCpuBvnc
mastodon.social/terms
github.com/tootcafe/blocked-instances
github.com/WitchesTown/InstanceInternals/blob/master/Blocklist.md
social.heldscal.la/notice/1967132
mastodon.social/@puellavulnerata/1445604
mastodon.social/@Gargron/17008866
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

We really need something else than webber software.

Logo fag detected

We don't describe free software as an “alternative” to proprietary, because that word presumes all the “alternatives” are legitimate and each additional one makes users better off. In effect, it assumes that free software ought to coexist with software that does not respect users' freedom.

We believe that distribution as free software is the only ethical way to make software available for others to use. The other methods, nonfree software and Service as a Software Substitute subjugate their users. We do not think it is good to offer users those “alternatives” to free software.

mediagoblin will implement activityPub soon. (activityPub is the w3c standard for decentralized social media, now used by mastodon and its 800'000 accounts (soon Gnusocial will implement it too)). with ActivityPub, mediagoblin could become a legit alternative to youtube.

Also there is Peertube, but it still need some love.

Oh god, if I wasn't a wannabe I would fork yacy and implement a good algorithm into it to display results. they aren't bad unto themselves, they're just messed up, more relevant isn't on the top but maybe at page 3, making it worthless for 90% of use)

Good luck getting people to use these. Most plebs settle with the first thing that "werks" and stubbornly refuse to even try anything else. Any tips on how to convince mortals?

GNU Foundation is right about that one.

No, they're not. They don't give a rats ass about whether software is functional or good. They only care about whatever political message the software preaches is, and if it's not THEIR political message they reject it. They're legalistic kikes that want everyone using their brand of "Freedom™" according to the rules and stipulations and restrictions laid out in the GPL license.

GNUSocial is a legitimate and useful twitter alternative. Potentially better. But nobody uses other than mega autists. Whenever normies get involved, things like Mastodon happen. And I believe media goblin will get cucked in the same way too, especially since there's a lot shekels passing hands in video content creation these days.

Those are the rules for the license. You probably didn't read and clicked next, just like in that EULA for Windows you just got.
It is not restrictive to be able to copy, modify, study and distribute gratis or for a fee, free software. The only restriction the GPL enforces, which they should, is that you can't subjugate or mistreat your users, deny them the 4 freedoms, or make the program or derivatives proprietary.
It is good that it is this way.

OP here , i was just listing some alternatives.

I thought of that too but i wouldn't know where to start.

to be honest Yacy is an soooo old piece of software, there isn't documentation in english for such a simple thing as enabling https with a custom namedomain.
If I was serious about forking it, I would make it werk better for general use somewhat, make a patreon and then remake the whole software from scratch, retrocompatible with the yacy swarm of course.

I just tried that Yacy thing. It comes with no man page or other documentation.

I can not figure out how to increase the filestore making local crawling of sites automatically pause. For some reason accepting foregin crawls resets after enabling it. Restarting the daemon fails to save it. I am unable to download the dictionaries that are supposed to allow better search results. I assume this is related to thwe size-limit being maxed out. Searching for things results in completly irrelevant results.

Search for something random like the tv show "Jane and the Dragon"

It tells me "The words "and" and "the" are stop words and we've removed them from your search"

Several result sites are bizzare spam pages that look as if they were created purely to corrupt search engine results. There are thousands of "popular" sites that would produce more-relevant results that are not indexed by anyone showing that the network of indexers is most likley small.

Is this some kind of a beta or is it old and just not well maintained?

also java

youtube.com/watch?v=t5y5MmnmraA

I found this video and it didn't help for some of my more advanced questions. I increased the data to 14096MB and it didn't work. I watched the next tutorial and that is easy. I figured that out without watching the video but, like I said, it still maxes out even with the increased data store. And also there's no answer for why it removes words from searches that make completly irrelvant results come up.

Another thing, how is it possible to store so much data when it's only getting a site map of URLs you put into it...

What the hell is the difference between the "Local Crawler" and the "No-Load Crawler" becuause I just realized that it only stops the "Local Crawler" but t he "No-Load Crawler" keeps going. What is the difference?

Twitter -> Gab
Facebook -> VK
Whatsapp -> Telegram
Google -> DuckDuckGo
YouTube -> Dailymotion
Reddit -> Voar
Email -> cock.li
Browser -> Pale Moon

and this is why GNU/shit has no market share

Nice try gargamel/webber
You mean the club that literally betrayed web freedom ?
You mean the arbitrary club that doesn't exist ?
youtube.com/watch?v=S97TCpuBvnc
How much of them are active ?
Please try to give the exact numbers and come back later
HAHAHA more like an api will be made, sorry but GS admins/devs don't like useless features like private messaging that only enables datamining.

That's false the GS fediverse has more than a hundred server and a few forks (postactiv, pump.io, mastodon fork).

You don't know what happened don't you ?
Normies have nothing to do with this.
Here's what happened
>GS admins/devs finds out that he sells privacy of his users mastodon.social/terms
>github.com/tootcafe/blocked-instances
>github.com/WitchesTown/InstanceInternals/blob/master/Blocklist.md
>social.heldscal.la/notice/1967132
>mastodon.social/@puellavulnerata/1445604
>mastodon.social/@Gargron/17008866
This is too fast and too big to not be backed up by some corps especially when the W3C lets things slides easily has this.
Do not use or support mastodon or whatever Webber is trying to make they are both making a monstrosity that isn't leading people to computer freedom.

Nah it won't since webber his part of them.

Tried Yacy once but it was utter shite.

Twitter -> VK wall
Facebook -> VK
Whatsapp -> Telegram
Google -> Yandex
YouTube -> VK videos
Reddit -> VK groups
Email -> Yandex
Browser -> Yandex Browser

vicks called, they want their vapor back.

I bet you think that mastodon is a "commie software :DDD"

it is

cheeki breeki

Wow cianigger you got better at honeypotting. Bravo. Maybe someone will fall for the diasporafoundation honeypot.