Why are commies generally anti-police?

I get that they're mostly liberal but so are all industries.

People say police "defend capital" but what does that mean?

Other urls found in this thread:

truthdig.com/report/page3/america_the_great_police_state_20120802
copblock.org/27067/police-have-no-duty-to-protect-you/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

police are class traitors whose primary function is suppression of revolt

They defend the law which is almost exclusively written to protect private property.

I don't think that's true tbh

They mostly exist to prevent crime and maintain order. The risk of revolution is so low that this isn't really a priority

Most police forces were established to protect private property and enforce order, rather than protect anyone.

this pretty much
anyone ultimately beholden to an institution controlled by the wealthy, self-interested elite will lead to the dispossession of the working class

source on the protecting property thing?

truthdig.com/report/page3/america_the_great_police_state_20120802

"As I listened to the fallout from these stirring events, I wondered if this might be a moment when the media would reform themselves and only print actual news; for one thing, not all explosions of temper and so on are attributable to race. It would be nice if the media realized how dangerous they when they begin to falsify motives which, to be blunt, they have no authority to do. If a black person is in any way in a jam of any kind, it is because he is responding to racism or if a white person goes berserk over anything with anybody, racism drove him to it. This is a great, great red herring like some giant whale gliding across the pages of police dockets.

So let me mention the real issue. The real issue is class. We have the greatest divide between the very rich and the very poor of any country on Earth, surpassing even France. And this division gets wider and wider as financial disasters overwhelm us. We were already in pretty bad shape before things began to fall apart a year or two ago. We must acknowledge that our character, never much good in these matters, is now reprehensible, and the police seem to have taken it upon themselves to exact revenge for a full professor and his—plainly, in their view—insulting income, which they figure must be considerable. The days of greed through which we all lived now have not done us much good, nor have they taught us any lessons, but you cannot live long with such divisions, which in my view as an outsider overlooking the scene seems to be a nation of total liars. Everybody is lying. Television lies, candidates lie. And everyone says, “Oh they always have.” I love that excuse. Well they haven’t always done that. Sometimes lying to the people is a great mistake. And it is well-known that the rich will tell almost any lie to avoid paying taxes."
- Gore Vidal

"What the police in their ignorance have not figured out is that they have lost all credibility since World War II. They are sort of parasites on the fringe of society and do no particular good for anyone except possibly themselves. Certainly to hear them complain—you’ve never heard such whines as from a policeman who feels he’s been wronged! Apparently, all Earth owes him a living, and he’s the bravest man on any block."
- Gore Vidal

Along with standing armies they have no legitimate role that wouldn't be better filled by democratically controlled worker's militias. They are designed for the preservation of the existing order and nothing else.

But isn't every state a great police state?

I tried to steal a factory once. Police did me in.

No.
Switzerland isn't a police state.

aren't police already pretty democratic?

they're not controlled by private interests and they're unionized

I think the problem is military-style training that encourages aggression

I'd argue economic disparity is at the very least intensified or caused by racism.

but it's the most capitalist country on the planet

it literally exists to exploit others

Old Colon's plan finally paid off, did it?

I'm not against the police!
They are against me!

Kek this, really.

how so?

I might just be lucky, but my actions with police have all been positive

I'm white though

crimes like seizing the means of production

the order where thousands of people are getting fucking lead poisoning in their water

top fucking kek

If you act in your self-interest as a worker, police will come get you.
That is, if you try to take what you produce, they'll considder it theft.

Because police were created to crack down on proles who resist capitalist rule.

Why are police generally anti-commie?

To answer this question you really have to ask what people consider "ethical" and "unethical" crime.

They don't prevent crime, and they aren't even required to stop one. They're only relation to crime is supposed to be the punishment after. I think they only focus on drug offenders, because they can often confiscate their stuff and pad their department's budget. They focus on collecting fines, shutting down protests. Don't be a copcuck and educate yourself about what the police actually do and what they were formed for, not the protect and serve BS.

copblock.org/27067/police-have-no-duty-to-protect-you/

The entire justice system promotes more crime than it prevents by keeping people impoverished. Nobody wants to hire an ex-con.

this is a koch brother's shill site, look it up.

itt: cops exist to protect private property?

Uh

Uh

You got a source on that pal?

no man that source isn't good I only trust the government :^)

Kek

Gore Vidal is the most based liberal that ever existed.