Firefox sanitization thread

Mozilla has gone SJW evil and Firefox is ever more quickly running down the drain. With financial backing from George Soros, future versions of Firefox can be expected have propaganda, spyware and thought policing (two-way censorship) all built in!

This thread is for those nutters who stubbornly remain loyal to the brand. Let's talk about how to sanitize a new installation of Firefox to make it as privacy and freedom friendly as possible. Don't derail by talking about other browsers please, thanks.

Here's my list, post yours:

1. Install an old ESR version from Mozilla FTP. [Sidestep future SJW fuckery.]
2. Install uBlock Origin addon. [Block ads.]
3. Install uMatrix addon. [Block scripts, cookies and more.]
4. Disable automatic updates for browser. [Sidestep future SJW fuckery.]
5. Disable health report and telemetry. [You are not a product.]
6. Disable "Block reported attack sites + web forgeries". [Google doesn't need to know when you go online, neither can they be trusted to blacklist only malware sites.]
7. Switch search engine default to DuckDuckGo, ixquick or searx. [Sidestep Google SJW fuckery.]
8. about:config->media.peerconnection.enabled=false [Block WebRTC internal IP leak.]

Some links:
[8] browserleaks.com/webrtc

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/asciimoo/searx/wiki/Searx-instances
github.com/dillbyrne/random-agent-spoofer
github.com/pyllyukko/user.js
web.archive.org/web/20170909215434/https://www.activistpost.com/2017/08/mozilla-joins-george-soross-efforts-launching-strike-fake-news.html
github.com/pyllyukko/user.js/
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Firefox/Privacy
github.com/ghacksuserjs/ghacks-user.js
torproject.org
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Better install IceCat, which is ESR but with privacy in mind. You're using a Linux distro, right?

Privacy Settings should be a recommended addon, it lets you visualize each of those about:config options about security, and with a little explanation of what it is.

Not new.
I want source about this or it didin't happen.
It already has
It's removed in icecat.
Already began some time ago.
Install Icecat
Icecat is still firefox :p

Bad idea because of the lack of security fix
Good idea, just remember to go in the options and select the list on the third party filter.
Correction uMatrix is a web-browser firewall.
To make it the most efficient you need to use a white-list policy see these rules:
https-strict: * true
https-strict: behind-the-scene true
matrix-off: about-scheme true
matrix-off: addons.about-scheme true
matrix-off: behind-the-scene true
matrix-off: chrome-extension-scheme true
matrix-off: chrome-scheme true
matrix-off: localhost true
matrix-off: opera-scheme true
referrer-spoof: * true
referrer-spoof: behind-the-scene true
ua-spoof: * true
ua-spoof: behind-the-scene true
* * * block
* * cookie block
* * frame block
* * media block
* * other block
* * script block
* * xhr block
* 1st-party * allow
Good idea if you are on a MS platform.
Again good idea.
Still a good thing but you need to go in the about:config to remove the auto update bullshit that you can't deactivate in the GUI search for the word "safebrowsing" in the about:config and you'll get loads of shit.
m8 if you are going to use DuckDuckGo or ixquick just use searx you can make request from searx to DuckDuckGo and ixquick.
github.com/asciimoo/searx/wiki/Searx-instances
Just go in the preferences and you'll have almost any search engine.
You can do this from µblock origin it's in the options
Also you should disable CSS beacons.
Change the value to false like this:
beacon.enabled;false

One should check also what random-agent-spoofer did because besides spoofing the user agent they could change loads of other privacy options.
github.com/dillbyrne/random-agent-spoofer

Mozilla is retarded, but nothing prevents you from using secure forks and plugins or making them yourself. Good tips though, uMatrix should be mandatory in any decent browser.

And people wonder why they are going in the direction of a chrome clone when everyone who uses the browser disables statistics that they use to influence the future of the browser.

Not an argument.

Can people who don't know what they're talking about stop making threads? This is literally a retard advising you to install an outdated browser.

media.peerconnection doesn't even handle webRTC you retard, loop.enabled does.

Don't shill so hard. If Mozilla actually cared about what the users want there are much better ways to find out, such as polls, forums or even comment sections on their putrid blogs.

Tell me, did they introduce Australis because people were disabling health reports? Was it because people asked them to make Firefox look more like Chrome? No, they did it because they didn't give a fuck what the established userbase wanted as long as there was a chance to attract newbies. Again, don't shill so hard for Mozilla.

There's a difference between spying and anonymous usage metrics. Or are you going to tell me youbarent using Tor in your infinite wisdom?

Could you please rephrase that question in proper English because, sarcasm notwithstanding, it sounded interesting.

Metadata is still data. Anonymous usage statistics are usage statistics is spying. No thanks.

If you must, just keep track of what search engines and addons the people download the most, for your goddamned usage statistics. Don't peek into my browser settings, thanks.

Rather than trying to stop software collecting information about you, which I think is a losing battle, I think the future is in extensions like AdNauseam, which is like uBlock, except that it clicks ads in addition to hiding them, or TrackMeNot, which constantly does Google searches on "random" phrases, in order to make the information collected about you largely meaningless.

The way you describe AdNauseam and TrackMeNot reminds me of radar jammers; which are inherently non-stealthy and use up loads of energy. As in "yoo-hoo I'm onliiiiine! and I'm dumping a lot of my bandwidth your way because fuck youuuu!"

Cute; it will be interesting to see what Skynet AI they cook up soon to discern between real data and jamming. That is, if they don't make those addons illegal. Yes I know how ludicrous that sounds -- but remember that laws change as needed.

Bmub

You just fucked up the whole post. Good job.

How about stop doing things like a nigger and set up VPNs on the router level.

No, just common sense.

Fucking annoyed that project is getting abandoned

github.com/pyllyukko/user.js

lol
you're already cucked by kaspersky
lol

firstly:
install Links
install Palememe

literally who
unless you're going back about 10 years, it's going to be complete shit, and if you do go back 10 years, you'll get malware within 5 seconds of browsing
fuck you
network.http.sendRefererHeader 0
[sic]
network.cookie.cookieBehaviour 2
dom.popup_allowed_events ""
javascript.enabled 0
you'll be vulnerable to public RCE vulns within 1 week
you'll be vulnerable to things like CSRF,XSS,clickjacking, etc, because these are patched every week as they found out their stupid idea last week didn't work out
agreed with points 5 and 6 though

fuck off moron. nothing that is good or matters uses telemetry

uhh routers have been proven shit around 2000.
you can just build your own router anyway

Kaspersky allowed the US government to inspect their code. Odds are they aren't hiding anything nefarious, and there's no evidence to the contrary. They do work with intelligence agencies, but so does any other big security company.

i can feel the bloat and autism through the screenshot

antivirus increase attack surface. not only that but they're typically written by morons with no idea about the concept of security. just because you can do some simple reverse engineering doesn't mean you can write a secure program. ive been saying this shit for 15 years but now it doesnt even matter anymore because hundreds of A/V exploits have been publicized in recent years

web.archive.org/web/20170909215434/https://www.activistpost.com/2017/08/mozilla-joins-george-soross-efforts-launching-strike-fake-news.html

Problem is, when you use hipster forks with "privacy enhancements", you stand out more for the Big Brother, and to be anonymous you should blend with the crowd.
How does one achieve that?

I don't think icefox/palemoon/etc change the user agent. Privacy-minded forks certainly shouldn't.

They're as illegal as popup blockers. There's no law saying a browser has to interpret the data it receives as the author intended.

Step 1: Install Pale Moon

Can you stop? This is fucking embarrassing and undermines your credibility. Mozilla has been making asinine, anti-user decisions since 4.0.

palememe has its own user agent but firefox and all or most of it's forks support changing the user agent via general.useragent.override in about:config
though even with that it will still be easy to distinguish firefox from a fork via fingerprinting. if you really care about fingerprinting, the only "solution" is tor browser or something like it. fingerprinting wont every be solved until the web is nuked and something new is made

fucking this.

Open source more like open Soros amirite xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Double-palindrome delivers!

Yes. Now install SmartOS.

Fuck nigger kill nigger fuck bitch titty niggers

The only use I have for Random Agent User is to change my resolution to something more common, because my actual res is weird. Also, to block giving away what plugins I'm using.

You guys know that you can turn off the data collection, right? Firefox is open source, so it's not like those fake "pls no spy on me" buttons in proprietary software which actually do nothing.

Explain how?

It actually takes considerable effort to change all of the settings that leak data back to Mozilla. There's usually some new "feature" that at least phones home "I'm on the internet" every new major numbered version.

Good thread. I've just replaced FireFox with Dolphin on all my machines. I'm really happy with it so far! It's got built-in "night mode" and a good collection of useful plugins.

le sage

Bump

Use Tor browser if you want to both protect your privacy and anonymity. Tor browser is used by 30 million people daily and for every site all users look indistinguishable due to lack of shitty ad blockers that won't obviously work with exit nodes in different countries, and placebo addons you install every time like Random agent spoofer and JavaScript turned on by default because normies won't use it without JavaScript, since most Tor users are normies. Use containers or virtualization to run it. Don't get baited by Tails, it is developed by (((RiseUp))), has ad blocker preinstalled and makes you suspicious for ISP by making multiple connections to guard nodes instead of one.
Use vanilla browsers for everything else.
Use normalfag paid VPNs for everything else, don't stand out by setting up your own if you don't know shit about networks and can not afford a /48 pool, it will decrease your anonymity set.

Done.

You misspelled "bug 18574" friendo.

We have webp now. Thanks mozilla.

Those were the days...

Proof?

Use this:
github.com/pyllyukko/user.js/
In combination with:
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Firefox/Privacy

/thread

has anybody tried this one?

github.com/ghacksuserjs/ghacks-user.js

Fuck off microshit pajeet code monkey

Shhhhhh. Don't inspire them with such ideas man!

agitprop, the thread

bump browser thread

Do not listen to OP's advice
you will get fingerprinted to death, also every website will track your IP and useragent anyway

What you need is TorBrowser, which uses Tor network, different IP for every website, has many privacy and security tweaks
torproject.org

I use TorBrowser with High security setting and I rarely see ads

that's bullshit. "malware" and "outdated software" are myths
updates = new backdoors and antifeatures

Why won't you just install TorBrowser? it already has rounding of resolution and window size. It blocks plugins and what you have installed too