So why do you all care about geopolitics so much...

So why do you all care about geopolitics so much? It's not like stuff happening on the other side of the world effects you in any way.

Is it a fun hobby for you? Does your career relate to it in any way? Do you feel guilty if you don't keep up with it?

sage goes in all fields

It doesn't. How did your weekend change because of the terrorist attacks? Did anyone you were around even discuss it at all?

See, the problem is you're thinking on the weekend-level timeframe, whereas we have functioning human brains

Don't you sometimes think that reading about politics gives you an unneccessarily depressing view of the world? Wouldn't it be a better life to just focus on what's in your immediate surroundings?

not all of us are neets. you should try pulling up those bootstraps once in a while.

i live in memphis. my immediate surroundings arent that great.

no

I just graduated Ivy League, lol. I'd probably end up with a better career/life than you, if I didn't actually like caring.

:(

elaborate

i go to a good uni. you dont have to be so condescending, comrade. it was just a joke

The world is going to hell in a handbasket. Which you could really expect, given (a) that the Western world - especially the Anglosphere - is getting its comeuppance from the general shittiness of Chicago economics, (b) that the fucking obvious consequences of globalized capital are showing in the world at large, and (c) that automation is wiping out working-class jobs by the minute. This is a huge decade, and if we don't actually care enough to analyse and act we're going to get swept up in a post-apocalyptic hellscape, sitting around saying "how could this happen?". That's something I want to avoid.

Sorry m80, it's 4 AM here and I'm pretty beat. That was pretty stupid of me.

i agree, and right now it looks like the world is turning to right-populism. scary stuff, but it has the potential to turn people onto leftism once they see the empty promises of people like trump.

Fair enough. Thanks for the reply.

Why is pepe acting like a nigger?

I’m an international lawyer so geopolitics affects my life in a very direct way.

Politics on the other side of the world are why I have a computer to read this on. Modern civilization is global.

I'm just waiting for the inevitable happening, waiting for this nightmare to end.

I'm a professional revolutionary and by that I mean I plan to buy an SKS soon and to clean it while I listen to lectures on the Internet.

This is a cool way of looking at it, thanks.

Trying to justify the hours I spend reading and discussing politics because it seems like it just depresses me more. Thought I'd ask you all.

This is why ISIS bombs us, guys.

Reality is like your health, if there is something wrong and you ignore and don't treat it, it will get worse and eventually do some serious harm to you.

The cure hurts or probably tastes like shit, but it's better than being sick

sage

sega

kek
e
k