Where did it all go wrong?

Where did it all go wrong?

There is no image in the history of this planet that captures something so accurately than the New Simpsons looking at ghosts of their former selves.

Was that a real episode?

Yes

I feel like they could have done more with the concept.

WTF? Was that a treehouse of horror episode? Dark as fuck.

this is just awful
why haven't they killed the show yet? does it really still make that much money? who is watching it at this point anyway

Third worlders mostly. I know China is at least 1/3rd their audience.

Time to post this.

That particular animation is shorter in the newer opening.

My Dad watches it. I think it's mostly old people who are set in their ways, want to watch the same familiar things forever, and don't realise their are options for entertainment besides network television.

They shortened it to make way for more crappy animation and a pointless cameo for the evil baby that didn't need to be there. Should have left it as it was.

Marge got a mastectomy somewhere between the 00's and now

According to one unsourced quote I saw (from an animator on the show), the new animation was ordered to be that way by some executive.

you mispelled "lazier"

this

haha your dad's a real loser! not even watching h3 or idubbbz

remember when, in one of the early seasons, they did an episode where Homer becomes a 300 pounder and it's treated as a highly unusual and terrible thing?

Or every TV show and movie in history avalable at the fingertips of anyone with an internet connection. There's no excuse to actually be watching TV at this point.

oh i remember.

Season 13.

LOL

what did they mean by this?

I remember as a kid I would used to say "he's almost fat as Homer Simpson" as an insult. Nowadays I look at Homer, I think too myself "come on, he's not that big".

Why did everyone have to get so fat?

because not eating so goddamn much is way too hard

mr burns represents america

Simpsons started dying in season 8, died in season 10 and the corpse became unbearably rancid in season 13.

It's true, Fox wanted the animation to be "on model" for the nu-Simpsons, which sounds good if you know nothing about animation.

>>>Holla Forums

>>>Holla Forums

as expected from adolescent leftypol kike
>>>/killyourself/
>>>Holla Forums

>>>/gay/
>>>Holla Forums

>>>/killyourself/
>>>Holla Forums

Typical autistic lack of creativity I'd expect from a Holla Forumslack. Shouldn't you be sucking (((Kushner's))) cock?

>>>/killyourself/
>>>Holla Forums

Boy, you really screwed that one up, didn't you?

Not really
>>>/killyourself/
>>>Holla Forums

Yes, by all means go kill yourself on Holla Forums.

>>>Holla Forums
>>>Holla Forums
>>>/reddipol/
>>>/reddit/

>>>/killyourself/
>>>Holla Forums

Holla Forums invited reddit to fullchan

When they substituted original plots for pop culture references
When they substituted realistic and relatable characters for a bunch of retards and cunts
When they substituted exploring real themes (sometimes dark) for cheap gags

hotwheels invited reddit here

Glancing the tv, I noticed a nu-Simpsons episode was on. Normally, I wouldn't care but it had Sideshow Bob so I sat for a few minutes. They did it, the absolute madmen did it - they managed to write a unbearably shitty episode with Sideshow Bob.

Personally and after having rewatched the first 10 seasons somewhat recently, I think the series peaked in seasons 2-3 and started a slow decline in season 6 which is when the episodes about Homer whining about not deserving Marge started to appear but I'd say what completely killed it was how they changed characterizations; Willie went from being a badass to a illiterate mongrel living in squalor, Homer from a relatable working middle-class dumb to a complete retard, Skinner from a shellshocked war veteran to a spineless beta, Flanders from a polite neighbor that happens to be Christian to a Christian fundamentalist etc etc. Every character just become more and more detached from reality to the point of being caricatures and the series lost that charm of being a sitcom that happened to be animated to being a full-fledged cartoon. Incidentally, KotH is guilty of this last thing as well even if not as drastically.

Pure facts incoming:

Simpsons started getting amazing after S1. It started going worse, but it was still pretty great, with season 7. It started going to terrible terrible shit in season 13 when it didn't feel like The Simpsons anymore. So if you want pure kino, watch 2-6. If you want more, 2-12.

You watched the one they go to Italy? Or the one he pretends he's dead? Or the one he moves next door?

Simpsons was never good.
>>>/oven/

This could have been actually funny if they hand drew the characters the way they used to be.

They got more "wacky" around that time but they were still consistently funny up until around season 9.

aren't those the same episode?

Jesus, i didn't want to remember that

it's not all bad. there's this gem.

cringe

When they killed Maude Flanders off over the voice actor asking for a travel expense.

at least it made Ned somewhat interesting again

no

lol Simpsons looked like THAT? they look like neaderthals kek thank God they changed animation style

Not saying all his episodes are good but normally, he alone has a few entertaining lines like the Hamlet/Laertes argument with his brother. This one was dreadful even for him; couldn't stomach more than 5m of it but the gist of it seemed to be that he was injecting himself with all sorts of animal DNA to have super powers and his whole dialogue was basically cataloging that.

DRUPLINGS BTFO

Season 11.*

I enjoy the debate on when exactly the Simpsons stopped being good. Because there's so many different opinions as to when. Earliest estimates seem to say 8, while the latest estimates hover around 13. Most people seem to say 11 was the first "bad" season.

20 years ago.

Simpsons was never a good show.

/thread/