Nice attacks might no be Islamist terrorism

The motives of Mohamed Lahouaiej Bouhlel, a Tunisian national aged 31 who rammed his truck in a crowd celebrating Bastille Day leaving 80+ dead and 200+ wounded before being shot dead by police, might not be Islam-related.

He was not documented as a suspect of terrorist activity by either French or Tunisian intelligence, and only had a minor criminal record involving a roadside altercation, a bar brawl and domestic violence.

In fact, he was allegedly not even Muslim, relatives and neighbors said. He did not attend a mosque, did not observe prayers, did not fast during the Ramadan, drank alcohol and ate pork; he was a loner mostly concerned with bodybuilding and salsa dancing, not religious practice.

What surfaced however is that he had been struggling with depression since the early 2000s, was recently engaged in a divorce procedure and was encountering financial difficulties.

The Islamist State nonetheless claimed the attack, as is customary of them whenever some sort of disaster takes place in a country they deem their mortal enemy for being part of the coalition that bombs Islamic State positions in Syria.

SOURCES:

EN

The Guadian | theguardian.com/world/2016/jul/15/bastille-day-truck-driver-was-known-to-police-reports-say

Mirror | mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/nice-terror-attacker-wasnt-muslim-8429758

BBC | bbc.com/news/world-europe-36801763

FR

Le Parisien | leparisien.fr/faits-divers/il-n-avait-pas-l-air-d-un-terroriste-16-07-2016-5971229.php

Le Monde | lemonde.fr/societe/article/2016/07/16/attaque-de-nice-les-motivations-troubles-de-mohamed-lahouaiej-bouhlel_4970489_3224.html

Le Figaro | lefigaro.fr/actualite-france/2016/07/15/01016-20160715ARTFIG00131-le-tueur-au-camion-un-homme-solitaire-et-silencieux.php

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Xa8eKtnmReY
mintpressnews.com/do-the-math-global-war-on-terror-has-killed-4-million-muslims-or-more/208225/
globalresearch.ca/greater-israel-the-zionist-plan-for-the-middle-east/5324815
thesun.co.uk/news/1447619/at-least-77-dead-and-100-injured-as-lorry-crashes-into-crowd-of-revellers-celebrating-in-france-terror-attack/
dailywire.com/news/7442/black-lives-matter-protesters-block-bridge-delay-amanda-prestigiacomo
theguardian.com/us-news/2014/nov/24/-sp-us-drone-strikes-kill-1147?CMP=share_btn_tw
huffingtonpost.com/entry/civilian-deaths-drone-strikes_us_561fafe2e4b028dd7ea6c4ff
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whataboutism
washingtonpost.com/world/the_americas/in-a-blow-to-us-policy-colombia-is-again-the-worlds-top-producer-of-coca/2015/11/10/316d2f66-7bf0-11e5-bfb6-65300a5ff562_story.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_Golden_Age
youtube.com/watch?v=9RC1Mepk_Sw>>791644
youtube.com/watch?v=nUCwCgthp_E
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arab–Byzantine_wars
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim_conquest_of_Persia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim_conquests_on_the_Indian_subcontinent
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamicisation_and_Turkicisation_of_Xinjiang
video.foxnews.com/v/5036336634001/donald-trump-use-nato-to-destroy-isis-this-is-war/?#sp=show-clips
youtube.com/watch?v=2CP0quaNeFo
youtube.com/watch?v=Pji_IX-UacM
youtube.com/watch?v=9RC1Mepk_Sw
news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/libya-mission-cost-seven-times-what-the-government-said-it-would-documents
salon.com/2016/07/12/the_west_escalates_with_russia_make_no_mistake_a_second_cold_war_is_now_official_nato_policy/
youtube.com/watch?v=waEYQ46gH08
liveleak.com/view?i=3c7_1468692553
rt.com/on-air/
edition.cnn.com/2016/07/17/us/baton-route-police-shooting/
broadcastify.com/listen/feed/23047/web
livestream.com/accounts/11595706/events/3707065
latimes.com/world/europe/la-fg-france-nice-aftermath-20160718-snap-story.html
independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/nice-attack-attacker-isis-videos-mohamed-lahouaiej-bouhlel-terror-truck-victims-france-a7142646.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Damn it.

Islamism in ultimately a political position.
Also, you're allowed to fool the enemy.

I don't get why ISIS doesn't claim the attack, even if Bouhlel do not have a real link to them, that would be a cheap way to say "we're still dangerous". It's not like he can deny all ties with ISIS now.

they have

THEY'RE SCARY AND I DON'T UNDERSTAND THEM

Islamism is the desire to impose any given interpretation of islam over society.
That's political.

This. Almost all the lone wolf terrorists are like that. Not religious at all. Hell, the orlando dude was gay af regularly got buttfucked by latin dudes

Seriously? Why are so few of these dudes actually devout muslims?

To be fair, the Orland one makes perfect sense - he was raised devout as fuck, was told that being a fag was to be a sinner and struggled with that for the rest of his life up until the point where he decided to make up for his sins in the eyes of Allah.

So it offered him kind of an easy way out. Perhaps if it was not an option he could have reconciled and become a proud gay boi like he wanted.

sad tbh

aight, lets see where this is going.

Just to make this clear to americans. A european guy with a truck could kill more people than an american guy with an assault rifle.

they have and the right is very grateful

That's going too far.
What is true, is that islamists are often less fundamentalist than conservative muslims, and promoting a conservative interpretation for islamists might make them less dangerous.
Of course, conservative islam is really bad too, but the lesser of two evils in this context.

regardless if the guy was a practicing muslim
it's more proof islam is evil

Thanks man, your attacks aren't too bad either.

EVERY

FUCKING

TIME

can't say I'm not laughing like an idiot as well tho

I know. It's fucking retarded but still hilarious.

That's not how burden of proof works. You can't just shout "Taqiyya!" if Islam isn't relevant to make it so.

Lel, typical liberal context denial. Unemployment tempter tantrum havers who are blocking traffic to prevent individual from getting to their job or ambulances reaching hospitals are exactly the same as a crowd of people out for a sanctioned holiday.

It's a world war now
youtube.com/watch?v=Xa8eKtnmReY

you wing nuts were right about everything

Yep, it's not about religion at all, it's about filthy fucking sand niggers. KEBAB PLZ GO

now it time to take the gloves off

mintpressnews.com/do-the-math-global-war-on-terror-has-killed-4-million-muslims-or-more/208225/

I love how you stunned fucks think you are the good guys and can figure out why they hate you.

They hate us because the Jews want their superstate and force goyim to kill each other for it.

If people would have willingly gotten out of your way, it's murder. Otherwise, it's their fault.

Where's that picture of the muslim in the van running over a crowd of people who are all yelling things like "he was a good kid" and "he was depressed"

"What do you mean 'gun homicide'? I just stood there and pointed it at him before shooting. He should have moved!"

Retarded on purpose.

This is your brain on pol, people.

Do these people realize that Sharia is literally just religious rules for living? It's no different from obeying the Talmud or Bible or whatever horrible L. Ron Hubbard novella is used as a reference point.

I WANT TO SMASH IT UP!

The point is Mohamed Lahouaiej Bouhlel was not Muslim.

go home and die under our bombs

personally, I think 4 years of trump will be disastrous for the world.

the elites have no intention of changing their ways (robbing the 3rd world)

trump wants to double down on failed policies

The official responses to this were hilarious, the calls for bombing the whole ME and #NotAllMuslims starting instantly or even before the culprits ethnic background was revealed.

Then reports doubting the perpetrators connection to Islam(ism), and French security officials saying they had no info on this guy whatever. Now apparently the MSM take on the situation is that he "radicalized extremely rapidly", not even kidding

who cares. He was an immigrant and he was brown

So what?

dildo

is Holla Forums historically illiterate when it comes to muslims or something?
islam is dangerous to every liberal and is downright incompatible with democracy so why do you defend them even when their hands are literally dripping with innocent blood?

There's a difference between defending the ideology and acknowledging it's spread was facilitated by western imperialism.

The whole point of the thread is that Mohamed Lahouaiej Bouhlel was NOT Muslim. Read the fucking OP.

Besides, I've never seen anyone of Holla Forums "defending" Islamist terrorists.

Holla Forums sees no difference between someone screaming at you while holding a sign and refusing to move from in front of your car and somebody that will stand aside if you're trying to drive somewhere.

Also, the Jewish superstate, while it is being achieved through conspiracy, is no far-fetched tale:
globalresearch.ca/greater-israel-the-zionist-plan-for-the-middle-east/5324815

Really?
if i recall it spread to India right through the innocent Buddhist pacifist nation of Khotan and to Indonesia a full century and a half before the Dutch, Portugese or the Spanish ever sailed to the East Indies

his names Mohammed where are you getting this idea he's not muslim?
even if he's a 'lapsed muslim' like Omar and Florida hes still circumsized as part of their pact with Allah and he was probably raised in an islamic household and culture

There is a difference. It just doesn't matter.

thesun.co.uk/news/1447619/at-least-77-dead-and-100-injured-as-lorry-crashes-into-crowd-of-revellers-celebrating-in-france-terror-attack/

The guy was yelling Allahu Akbar. But hey, I'm sure that means he was an atheist.

u wot m8

Islam is toxic. But some key nations had secular gov's pre western intervention.

I love how righties talk about how they love Christian ethics but then drop them at the first sign of them conflicting with their ideals.

u wot m8

no you just defend the circumstances that allow them to kill and murder innocents

Why not? What if the person with the sign is a Trump supporter blocking the way to a B████ rally?

Then it's still murder.

People said Timothy McVeigh was a Christian, too, and even a Muslim on a few occasions. This shit is pure hearsay unsubstantiated by other evidence.

And even if he did say it, he probably only did it to deflect blame to ISIS instead of himself; it seems like something someone in his mental state would do. Nothing in his personal life suggested he was in any way a Muslim, let alone a radical one.

In comparison, San Bernadino and Pulse shootings were by people the feds had tons of red lights for, but simply failed to stop because they are worse than useless.

Which are virtually any circumstances outside of an Orwellian ultra-authoritarian state.

name them
ive studied. ancient and modern
name these pre western ideas of secularist society

The keyword here is "reportedly". This is nothing but an unsubstantiated rumor, and the fact that it is coupled with a downright disproved claim (as the killer didn't get out of his truck and didn't wield any firearm) should have tipped you off. The Sun isn't exactly known for its rigorous fact-checking.

We want to kill all liberals by any means necessary.

Afghanistan.

if you want to get tetchy I'll specifiy
why does Holla Forums defend the right for persons adhering to an ideology that compels them to commit harm against their fellow citizens and children to live side by side with people they consider inhuman or non-human
an ideology that tells them women are unequal to men and that it is not a sin to rape a child or a woman as long as they are an infidel or you marry them soon after?
a set of laws they learn and adhere to above the laws of their host nation and culture

you cant threaten them with death because they believe they will be rewarded in a make believe afterlife no matter what they do as long as they kill a single infidel
a jew can commit no sin in his religion, a christian must be absolved of his sin by a priest and a muslim can only absolve himself/herself of a sin by murdering an infidel and waging jihad
why is islam defended by leftypol?

didnt exist until the 20th century so move along

"I will move my car through this area regardless of if you choose to remain in it. People, including the drivers of ambulances, need to use this thoroughfare for a variety of reasons, some people's lives depend on it."
"FUCK THE SYSTEM. HEY, OUCH!"

Also

Whenever a liberal says that, they're really just asking why you aren't completely passive and just accepting everything they say.

What if their blocking of the road prevents an ambulance getting through? Are they guilty of murder then?

The dude's ideology was some sort of white nationalism thing. He had the Turner Diaries in his car when he was picked up by police.

Granted, this one was a bit more unexpected, but it was given legitimacy and facilitated by the popularity of ISIS. It's no coincidence that in the last ten years, terrorists who kill people are overwhelmingly Sunni Muslims.

Come someone explain to me why right wing nationalists and Islamic nationalists fight when they both basically want the same exact thing and just disagree about how to go about it.

Come someone explain to me why left-wing cum-worshipers and Islamic nationalists fight when they both basically want the same exact thing and just disagree about how to go about it. Oh wait, Islamic nationalists are facilitated by leftists. It all makes sense…

Except that's wrong. Unless killing you is something we both want, then yeah that's fair I wish people like you could hurry up with the logical conclusion of your lifetime's and end up committing suicide.

Also, "cum worshipers"

Because most Muslims aren't fundamentalists. Westerners are mostly members of religions with equally draconian rules, they simply choose not to follow them. It's no different from hating Jews because of Israel.

Religion simply isn't ideological for most people. There is an inextricable political dimension to terrorism, one rooted in history that boils down to power. Modern Islamism would be a tiny, unnoticed sect if it weren't for the West shaping the Middle East into what it is today.

In comparison, when was the last time an Albanian pledged allegiance to ISIS?

He found us out. Shut it down.

I S L A M I C G O M M U N I Z M

A sand nigger country would be fine by me. Japan and South Korea understand how to run immigration policies.

Christian ethics refers to not doing something to someone unless you are okay with that being done to yourself. The Categorical Imperative.

I'd like you to show me when they did that. BLM are dumb idpol, but I don't care if they bother someone by making them late for work. The notion that an oppressed group of people shouldn't bother anyone with their protesting is retarded. When they're protesting as long as they aren't preventing an innocent from dying by blocking the roads I don't care if they make you late for work and I still consider it murder.

I've had the misfortune of reading several of their articles and I can confirm it's hardly more than a crass conspiracy-mongering website. It's not my fault if you get your political educations from memes, read a fucking book for a change.

That's not what I'm saying lmfao

The right wing nationalist want a similar society. No "duh genewacy", no women's rights, no one other than those who are apart of the tribe. Islam is a far right wing ideology and it's toxic. We just sympathize with countries that were victims of imperialism. But it doesn't mean that the ideology they've turned to doesn't need to be stripped.

McVeigh was part of the militia movement, not a white nationalist; his interest in the Turner Diaries was limited to the terrorist methods mentioned in the book.

Yes, they're the Other and you're not. :^)

I want Holla Forums to go home.

basically because this
right wing nationalists want to protect their own borders without expansion and views on other people vary
some are autistic and want a full on Nazi masturbation fantasy, others just want their own people to be safe
nationalists have varied views on all issues

theres no such thing as an islamic nationalist
just a muslim, meaning submission to islam
they want a pan-global caliphate, a borderless society where islam is everyones religion, and everything that came before is destroyed
All art and culture, all 'heretical' writing and media destroyed
their leader is an unelected Caliph, a man who through either war or assasination has made himself powerful enough to declare himself as supreme muslim
a world where the sunni muslim arab man from mohammed the prophets tribe can do whatever they want and get away with it
a world where a man can own countless wives as his property from the ages of 6 to how ever old he likes them
where a girl is not allowed to learn how to read and write and has her clitoris cut off before puberty so sex will hurt her for the rest of her life

they're fundamentally oppositive to our western ideas of democracy and platonic republicanism

wheres your evidence they arent? because what they say isnt neccessarily the truth with them
Their religion allows them to swear on the holy prophet, allah and the Quran and lie as long as they lie to 'kuffar' like us
look hard enough you'll find one, albanians are savage as fuck when you hear the horror stories coming out of scotland yard with what albanian crime gangs are doing
if it wasn't for Western Imperial power and might of the 12th century Mongol Empire this virtual Bhutanian Mani Wheel collection wouldn't exist and you'd be speaking in arabic chum

If I aggressively try to impede someone's ability to pass through an area with a car, them hitting me with it is not to be unexpected.

dailywire.com/news/7442/black-lives-matter-protesters-block-bridge-delay-amanda-prestigiacomo

Let me ask you a question then, why does ISIS never attack Israel?

k

Are you familiar with the practices of taking multiple wives and of Tea Boys? That's some degenerate-ass mudslime shit.

False. In the 1930s women earned more degrees than men. This was before the sexual revolution.

Every people deserves their own nation.

Define right wing

Holy shit, this thread gets dumber and dumber.

A lame excuse by fat fucks like Robert Spencer whenever they lose an argument.

That's not how burden of proof works. How do you know ANYONE isn't a terrorist?
You don't. Reality is dangerous.

Can does not mean will. And even then this is a very, VERY liberal definition of the term made up by fedoras on WikiIslam that got kicked out of RW.

Gangsters are not terrorists, you fucking idiot.

I don't care. Don't move the goalposts.

I am saying that you're both reactionaries the difference is mostly your entire bite is saying shit that's awful making people repulsed but not actually acting on it, while they actually on it and don't use words. The only exception to the rule is the Aryan Brotherhood and far right militias, but they're mostly prison gangs and meth addicts.

You grossly over exaggerate your importance and political literacy, let alone the arrogance of believing any of your ideological groundwork is wisdom.

I don't care what consenting adults do or how you define degeneracy. Islam and you match up on most types of "duh genewacy" like celibacy and not drinking or doing drugs, or being gay etc.

No. Almost all far rightist say that they would revoke a woman's right to vote, among other things like not taking rape seriously.

In favour of traditional values. In favour of a natural order and hierarchy.

Nice non-argument.

so your refutations are
they both sell drugs, weapons and sex slaves when they get together in large numbersand use terror and violence to project power sooo

I don't get how someones reading comprehension can be so selective. I never said that. What do you mean to tell me that imperialism had absolutely NO effect on how these countries developed and the populous's current attitudes towards the west?

We are very against Islam just as we're against every religion.

However we are smart enough to examine the material conditions of society and know what leads to religion. We think Islam should be eliminated by ridding the world of poverty and economic insecurity and providing everyone with an education, if that happens you'll see Islam wither away almost immediately. We hate Islam but we don't hate Muslims.

ISIS will literally kill you on the spot if they think you might be doing this on their territory. Religious terrorists aren't like other kinds, they pretend to have standards. Emphasis on pretend.

12th century politics are inapplicable today.
You are also beyond retarded if you think the West wasn't equally savage until the Enlightenment.

Well put.

and what does their attitude towards us and their rate of development have to do with anything
America has committed crimes in the middle east, like toppling existing monarchies and dictators installed by British-Franco puppets and replacing them with islamist republicans/rebels
the Shahanshah of Iran was quite liberal, he saw Cyrus the Great the Zoroastrian Shah that freed the slaves and founded Persia as a role model
women could wear a miniskirt and drink booze and have a boyfriend in his Iran
in americas Iran we have the Iranian Islamic Socialist Republic that puts people to death on charges of morality crimes

They never said "everyone is a terrorist". They're making fun of you by saying "How do you KNOW all Muslims aren't terrorist" is the equivalent of saying "How do you know EVERYONE isn't a terrorist." It's unfalsifiable.

Terrorist do acts of violence with political intent. Gangsters are aiming for a financial gain. Key differences.

What? My point was that we sympathize with the people of the countries as they were not aloud to develop as nations into the modern age out of their own volition. And you responded acting as if I had just said no Muslims existed in the ME prior to intervention. That wasn't my point at all. The point was that I understand why they have a strong distaste with the West, but they're ideology (Islam) is still incompatible with our belief system and must be stripped away for their sake and the worlds.

Wrong post?
Also, the US was as guilty as the UK because the Iran fiasco started in WWII when the Allies really wanted Iranian cooperation for better access to oil. The US actually reinstated the Shah because the elected leader of Iran nationalized the oil industry while the despot was perfectly willing to sell to foreigners.

Not to mention the Afghanistan thing where we accidentally invented modern religious terrorism.

trouble is that does very little to disrupt muslim ideology
islamic doctrine is very all encompassing and is twice as contradictory as the bible but its harder to remove
turkey is becoming increasingly radicalized by the year
the turkish sultans fucked boys in the arse, drank their weight in wine and murdered their own brothers, sons and fathers for the throne for 500 years
and they were deemed the supreme heads of the Islamic faith as the Caliphs of the entire islamic world
even if the common muslim committed these acts he'd be castrated, tortured and beheaded under sharia law

ISIS collects and sells children and women as sex slaves, they grow opium poppies like Al Qaeda and the Taliban did so they can buy ammunition and weapons

wanna talk about how savage everyone else was as well?
how about the Chinese giving their death by a thousand cuts to a peasant who talked ill of the emperor
how about in India where a pariah or untouchables life was less than a dogs?
Africa? with their brides of the spirits? where girls as young as 8 were and still are in some regions sold to the shamans who rape and torture them in caves in the jungle as payment for keeping evil spirits away from her family?
and dont get me started on the middle east

Islamic terrorism originated mostly in the '80s and is intrinsically related to the late stages of the Cold War, notably the Soviet–Afghan War.

theguardian.com/us-news/2014/nov/24/-sp-us-drone-strikes-kill-1147?CMP=share_btn_tw

Actually ISIS fighters were regularly being captured with big batches of amphetamines.

Or at least that's what some people said, there were pics of guns and pills, but you know how information is nowadays.

OY VEY! I have no idea who could be behind this, goy.

huffingtonpost.com/entry/civilian-deaths-drone-strikes_us_561fafe2e4b028dd7ea6c4ff

People with mental problems?

I think the us wants terrorism
needs it to survive

Religion does not magically strip you of agency. This is what you do not understand. Religion is largely a cultural thing; most adherents just grew up going to a given church and it became part of their identity. They very rarely fail to question what they hear.

The Western-backed leader is once again stripping civil rights and grasping for absolute power. I do not blame them at all, as cringey as those coup protests were.

I'm pretty sure the Koran bans those things so you must be lying. :^)

Exactly. They don't care about the word of god, they pick and choose what the religious law applies to and make up their own as they see fit.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whataboutism

Yes everyone was savage at one point. That was why we said 12th century politics weren't applicable to today.

Yes and the Catholic Church molested small children, stagnated intellectual development just as much as Islam did. The Arab scholars did a better job at preserving Classical culture than the West did. The point isn't that EVERYONE IS JUST AS BAD AS EACH OTHER SO WE shouldn't DO ANYTHING! But that these people are not beyond civilization and their material conditions are to poor right now to make progress out of their medieval cult.You can say what you want about "muh slims" but history shows that when material conditions increase secularization occurs right beside it.

I know, I was trying to point out the ideological doublethink. In comparison, gangsters only want money.

they wouldnt have become nations, colonialism was ended by the economic stressors of WW1 and WW2 and the republican american and communist soviet union sedition and propaganda in colonial states
our own past is not a pretty one we've all been invaded and conquered at some point by foreigners why are you giving preferential treatment to the losers?
because thats what the middle east is, its not the victim its the fallen contender
we were in a boxing match with islam 1400 years ago and it wasnt until 800 years that we were able to stand our own with them
for 600 years they were pillaging, raping, massacring and enslaving the people of the west
why feel sorry for people who wouldnt feel any for you if the tables were turned
see heres the problem
you are actually naive enough that you believe you can strip away their beliefs and culture
we have nothing they want
in islamic nations there is no music but their prayers, there is no alcohol, there is no sex outside marriage unless its rape or adultery with both crimes punishable by death to the woman
theres no fashion, no art, no ingenuity
theres still race, theres still hierarchy and theres an abundance of inequality

talaban wiped out poppies in afghanistan.
now that they're free, they're the worlds biggest producer

good

washingtonpost.com/world/the_americas/in-a-blow-to-us-policy-colombia-is-again-the-worlds-top-producer-of-coca/2015/11/10/316d2f66-7bf0-11e5-bfb6-65300a5ff562_story.html

must be all that freedom

No. I know people were Savage. Again, this is called Whatboutism. You're trying to excuse away X action by saying "WELL THEY WERE DOING IT TO!"

Dehumanizing them is a right wing trait, wouldn't expect anything less.

No.

Do you actually believe this? It was ordinary politics for the time. Caliphates back then were just the government; religious dogma played a part of most Western government as well.

Plus, the West was more at war with itself than any outside power by magnitudes. The most violent religious conflicts in history were between Christians and Protestants.

It's an ass-pulled narrative with no evidence. It's only useful to the kind of modern day idiot that thinks cancer can be prayed away.

this is lefty pol

MAXIMUM DAMAGE CONTROL

Just cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there.

yes it is. liberals get out.

you mean those texts they looted from Roman libraries and archives in the Eastern Roman Empire that they invaded
those same libraries they burned afterwards

Turkey? India? Egypt? Algeria?
they were all pretty modernized at some point now they're stagnating without interference

they wont, they had access to all the inventions of the east and west ever since they were first discovered on both sides of the world
they did nothing with them

how convenient for the right
probably typical wing-nut right up to when he hit the first body

kek

How does one even "radicalize" if one isn't Muslim to begin with?

I wouldnt call a supreme warlord and his cronies placing themselves above their own laws and enforcing their will with soldiers a government

tell me you're not serious
the Abbasid and Umayyad Caliphates werent on friendly terms chum
neither were the surviving Mahararajas of India big supporters of the Mughals
or the Sassanids and the Rashomon Caliphate
and what the Caliphate did to the peace loving Khotanese is a crime against all humanity

Cherry picking.

Without interference? There is no country west of India that is without some kind of Western influence or other reason to socially stagnate.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_Golden_Age

What's ironic about Holla Forums bitching about muslims is most modern reactionaries by a very large margin are Muslim, and it's likely most posters on Holla Forums are radical muslims working to recruit by socially engineering useful American idiots into doing their job for them.

No True Scotsman.

More Whataboutism.

It's called history. It was bloody and unpleasant.

It sounds to me like Islam being the Big Bad Evil is somehow integral to your worldview, like it has to be the bad guy.

>Implying
The Catholic Church was against any sort of Pagan intrusion into their dogma. You can act like had they had those books they would've "used them" or something, but even before the library of Alexandria burned down they were vehemently against pagan philosophies besides Neo-platonism( and a Christianized version of it mind you). They went out of their way to stress the unimportance of the individual. So yes, the Moslmes did do a better job.

Try again. India's economy is expanding rapidly but it's one of the poorest nations on Earth and is literally one of the best example of victims of colonialism

Yes, and they were all just as bloody as the protestant vs catholic conflicts that went on. How you personally define governance is irrelevant.

reactionaries

youtube.com/watch?v=9RC1Mepk_Sw>>791644

youtube.com/watch?v=nUCwCgthp_E

The guy you're responding to is right. The Thirty Years' War and the French Wars of Religion are widely considered to be the most destructive religious wars ever fought. It devastated Europe and left millions dead, and I've yet to hear of a religiously-motivated conflict in the Muslim world that went so far in the scale of destruction it inflicted upon people and infrastructure.

meaning the west came, they modernized
The west left, they stagnated

take sub-saharan africa as an example
the railroads in Africa were built during the colonial period
they havent been maintenced properly, extended or repaired since
compare that to the chinese
The railroads in china were also built by the west while they were under largely British colonial administration instead of the corrupt Qing empire that one time spent war funds on a luxurious solid jade boat
and the chinese modernized and repaired and maintained their rail system properly
why didnt sub-saharan africa do the same?
they have the knowledge and the resources so why not?

nope thats a response to your misconception that the islamic golden age was anything different than muslims translating roman and greek texts stored in Roman libraries and then claiming them as their own or buying chinese artifacts and inventions and claiming them as their own or just simply taking it through war and claiming it as their own
islamic architecture and art isnt Islamic its Persian with all the people images removed

it is a threat to our way of life
I'm not american i dont live in america thats largely isolated with catholics in mexico and irreligious in canada
I live on the border of the muslim horde and it is a threat to our way of life

from an earthquake and spilled oil lamps in a library full of dusty dry papyrus scrolls dont mislead

you're right the Vatican did horrible things to native European cultural heritage and our native religious practices
unless you're from Britain or France the Romans already took our religion from us a full 3 centuries before Christ was relevant to anyone

I said modernized and then stagnated
Delhi under the Raj was as modern as London
under British colonial rule Indian people were equal before the law save some prejudice from the administration
but i think mutual distrust is better than the 3 million peasants living on the outskirts of mumbai that will never go to school or have a job because the Hindu caste system has basically been reinstated in India after colonialism ended there

We call ourselves communists. No one yet has mentioned alienation, the same alienation mentioned by Marx that would cause someone to become so disconnected from his fellow person as to allow that person to ram a truck into a crowd.

No allusions to economic conditions that cause millions of people to turn to "Allah" in order to make sense of their shitty conditions which were caused by Western imperialism.

Instead you all want to eat the bait Holla Forums keeps throwing out. Our goal here should be coming up with a consensus, some sort of common agreement at which we can arrive and say "from the materialist perspective, this might be how life and material conditions caused this man to do this".

Shame.

Agreed actually

heres some
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arab–Byzantine_wars
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim_conquest_of_Persia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim_conquests_on_the_Indian_subcontinent

and just for flavour heres the massacre of the Khotanese en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamicisation_and_Turkicisation_of_Xinjiang

I kill my self

Okay cool so you admit that atleast.

Decolonization of Africa was handled completely different from that of Asia.

I don't think you seem to understand how Western intervention and the famine caused by Churchill alienates people and causes reactionary philosophies to take place.

The Vatican did horrible things this was my point. The West for 1000 years, was worse at preserving it's own culture than the Moslems. Thanks for admitting that.

You're grasping at straws.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamicisation_and_Turkicisation_of_Xinjiang

You're missing the point. More whatboutism. These still weren't as bloody as the protestant wars. And even if they were, that doesn't negate those same wars being bloody and useless, the same as the ones you posted.

Because this modernization was of no use to the natives. Colonies were stripped of their natural wealth, which was shipped back home. Treated as geographical warehouses.
When colonialism ended, the native citizens had no way to maintain society because they had to start from scratch again, to form an entirely new economy and educate generations of people kept ignorant and complacent.
In comparison, colonies like those that formed the US were just extra territory to live in, they were already trying to form cohesive societies of their own. The bourgies that ran the show were the rebels, so nothing really changed for most people.

You can also compare it to the ex-Soviet bloc countries. They didn't have an aggressively industrialized base to make things easy, they were left high and dry because none of them knew how to actually run a government–Russia did almost everything. So the vacuum was filled with corrupt pricks that don't care.

These despots in SSA aren't dumb either, they are rich and their aristocracy lives very modern lives; when African cities get modern internet, expect to see Kenyans in online games and YouTube comments. What they are is a middle man for neocolonialism.

Bullshit. They literally invented modern number systems. It wasn't a long golden age, but it was real nonetheless.
Material conditions, breaking news.

What is "our way of life"? American and Balkan Muslims are highly secularized. They drink, wank and eat porkchops like the rest of us. The conservative ones are very similar to modern Western traditionalists, too. My state had one of the first Muslim legislators and people barely remember because he's not as known for that anymore. It's benign.

Thing is, it's not even pol bait. It's official government bait.

He was a relegius fanatic and radical islamist and so on, because that's what he had to be. It deosn't matter what you are, as long as you are said to be X and enough people believe you are X .. YOU ARE X!|

.. The rest of the thread has been derailed to shit by pol.
Get it together people!

africa is a fucking heap of natural wealth but a lot of it is useless to the native populace; what they can use, like metals, actually does get put to use locally

western corporate interests fucking vacuum their wealth out every year, the foreign aid they receive is a comparatively tiny pittance that actually stagnates local economies and thus perpetuates the exploitation while legitimizing it

I've been mentioning material conditions over and over.

jesus fuck trump is an idiot

video.foxnews.com/v/5036336634001/donald-trump-use-nato-to-destroy-isis-this-is-war/?#sp=show-clips

I'm quite sure catholics and protestants dont stomp babies to death and shit on the heads of statues for their god in a war

muslim is not a culture you moron
islamic culture is a mixmash of arabic, berber, persian and an overwhelming amount of judaism and christianity
non-muslim arabs were the first to suffer the 'let me rape your daughters and kill you and your sons you infidel' rhetoric way back in the 6th century AD

they werent using it
. the native citizens had no way to maintain society because they had to start from scratch again,
you know id believe that if free schooling wasn't in place that taught those who wished it all how to read and write and so on

again no they didnt
Burma still exported precious gems, South Africa still sold their diamonds

news flash they by and large still dont
democracy is not something they like

again news flash we had numerals, most of the western civilized world used Greek numerals or wrote it out
im pretty sure the arabic numerals were first introduced in italy during the renaissance simply because they were shorter and simpler to write as symbols

a secular society where individual citizens are by and large free to live their lives how they choose

where do you live user? do you not have the hordes banging at your door

dont pretend China's not doing the exact same thing
ive seen african spokespersons also argue that foreign aid is the crutch the african leans on because he's too lazy to stand on his own too feet
another made a very good argument that charity only harms africa and does nothing to help them

I bet they do

I wonder if they talk the goyim into a genocide

The early Arab-Muslim conquests cannot properly be described as a religious in nature. In fact, Arab-Muslim conquerors usually were more tolerant of religious differences than former regimes, for a variety of reasons including but not limited to clever political games.

It certainly cannot be compared to the bloody conflicts that opposed Catholics and Protestants in early modern Europe. Remember that up to 30,000 Huguenots were slaughtered by Catholic mobs during the St. Bartholomew's Day massacre alone.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
That justifies it right?

Yeah the protestants and catholics did kill children. You're wrong.

Yes they did. They had to form a new system of gov from the ground up he already told you how that manifest itself in the Eastern bloc.

im pretty sure the arabic numerals were first introduced in italy during the renaissance simply because they were shorter and simpler to write as symbols

Excuse, excuse blah blah blah. I don't care they invented a system of numerals that was more efficient than the one we were previously using. The point still stands.

MORE WHATBOUTISM!

It was very basic education. They had no skills aside from working labor. Nothing for bureaucracy.

And you really think Average Joe benefited? These operations are handled by major companies based outside of the third world.

Unlike the West which is totes not on the verge of another fascist movement.

And Greek numerals are ass.
You know nothing of math, then. Modern numbers are one of the most important innovations in scientific history. Period.
Plus, y'know, the other shit they did. I dunno. Historians agree it was pretty significant though.

You live in a fantasy world.

anyone think trump could be the first president known for genocide?

ew

I love how easily offended the right are, you look on Holla Forums after something like this and they've made an mspaint image of a man running people over who are all spouting liberal maymays, then they cry about their opposition doing it when they namefag up.

I'm sure we'd have accurate official figures of how many the muslims killed or victimised too if any lived to tell the tale
remember for most of history the muslims were considered liberators of the copts in Egypt
it wasnt until very recently it was discovered through piecing together of various evidence that the copts were just another victim of the muslims that survived because they were christians

wew when they're clearly labeled as jihad against the Roman empire
go on
read the part where mohammed tricks everyone into thinking the byzantines were going to attack them and leads them out into byzantine territory to intercept an army that never shows up
but hey ho mohammed had another premonition so while we're here lets raid their territory amirite?

what with puppet governments
not much different from colonialism was it?

I say the Anglo-Indian populace of the British Raj would be mad at you
theres you saying they couldnt be officers in the British army or clerks in a bank or even lawyers like Gandhi when they all were exactly those things

wew
2700 years of history and the basis of all math middle eastern or western and its total shite because it came from the west amirite?
you're totally an unbiased sane individual

well if you say so
ill just pop in my time machine and tell John Lister not to bother inventing sanitation and i hope you cease to exist since you and your mother died of a massive infection however so many years ago because Mr Lister never introduced ideas like cleaning surgical instruments before use or separating sewage from the water supply

I really do I hope other people can be as rational as myself and get proven wrong all the time

what does that have to do with anything

western politicians call their own people lazy too, welcome to politics

Nah, Christians were only burning witches and torturing and slaying the heretics (cf Cathare heresy)

China started much more recenlty, so their historical influence on Africa is neglectible, for now.
IFM and various institutions fucked the third world over with neoliberal policies.
Before that the foreign aid essentially ruined local peasants by flooding local markets with free goods.

And the Indian government is incredibly corrupt and greedy for Western bucks.

No, I am saying they improved upon a flawed system.

This statement doesn't even make sense.

Yes, it's the entire world that is wrong, not you.

look at the number of watches

youtube.com/watch?v=2CP0quaNeFo

trumps numbers are tanking

very sad and very bad i agree, the Cathars didnt deserve their fate
neither did the Zoroastrians of Persia at the hands of the muslims
or the Buddhists of Khotan at the hands of the muslims
or the Sikhs, Hindus, Jains, Buddhists and Zoroastrians of India at the hands of the muslims
or the Manicheans at the hands of the muslims in China

indeed

well of course they are
The Vsayrishta or Krysihta class, i dont know how to spell Vedic Sanskrit in english forgive me is back in power since the Raj left and India became a pseudo-republic ruled by a caste elite after the reign of the dictators Gandhi and his family and the religious genocide they pursued against the indian people and the illegal wars with Assam and Sikkim which now no longer exist because India annexed them quietly with invasions a few decades ago

you claimed some semitic symbols invented a thousand years ago to represent numbers were one of the most important inventions in history
and they're not they're really not

What? I sad the Eastern Blocs had no idea how to run their country after the Soviets dissolved. It's an analogous but not completely the same example.

If Greek Numerals were not shit, we would still be using them today. Just because a Mcdonalds Hamburger fills you up, it does not make it of the same quality as one you get from a 5 star restaurant.

How does whatever you just said negate the fact that modern numbers were one of the most important inventions in science?

Cool conjecture. Even then the most you're doing is whatboutism AGAIN!

The world isn't some libertarian paradise. There is a rising Fascist movement and the West rejected democracy for years. The GOP platform is literally a neotheocracy.

Why are you arguing? You slowly concede one point after another? You rely on Whatboutism and you keep failing to address it? You just admitted decolonization of India was handled poorly and they're material conditions are shit. You haven't refuted anything.

As a Muslim living in America, I know that my only life line is the Latinos,Blacks, and Asians living in America.

narrow minded american i see with that reference
keep typing that buzzword it means nothing

how does you claiming something and not providing evidence give it validity

what the hell do you think decolonization is?
the powerful groups that called for it get what they want
a country
what does the west have to do with any nation that has called for independence?
fuck all thats what

what have i conceded?
nothing
you are formulating an image of me, an assumption which is not true and you're trying to argue from that standpoint
my argument throughout this entire thread is that islam is bad for liberalism, so why does leftypol support islam while lampooning nationalists?

It's not a buzzword you retard. It's when you try to justify an atrocious act by saying that the accuser once did the same thing. It comes from the Soviets excusing their horrible acts by saying "and you're lynching negros" to the Americans. It is EXACTLY what you are doing.

And we don't support Islam. We just don't think it's inherently worse than any other religion. We want to abolish ALL religion. This includes Islam. We want to do this by attempting to increase the material conditions of these regions.

I don't know maybe because they are the oppressors that said country is calling for independence from?

You conceded that Christians did horrible things to after first saying they weren't the same and then tried to justify it by going "THE MUSLIMS DID IT TO" which is whatboutism.

God you're a retard.

There is a bit of confusion there. You're aware of course that Islam is religion, not a race. Muslims include Arabs, Turks, Persians, some Chinese and Balkan people. Islam is an ideology, we're not supporting it, but we're not assuming that every person from a muslim background (as coming from a country with islamic history) is some kind of Islamic drone. Something a fair part of the nationalist crowd tend to assume.
Nationalism and Islam (at least the Wahabit variant) are shit because their logical conclusion is the anhilitation of the Other.

he's losing the authoritarian crowd

I wonder if hillary will be known as the most evil president

youtube.com/watch?v=Pji_IX-UacM

interesting notion
did you know India didnt exist as a nation before colonialism?
colonialism created India

and just like with the Romans i dont consider it oppression when you actually do uplift the native populace of the place you've come to

i forgot you dont see the rationale or reasons behind events and actions aside from marxist rhetoric explanations that simplify everything down to movement of capital shite
if you compare Christianity with Islam, Islam has far more blood on its hands
a thousand years of bloodshed in the name of christendom does not even amount to the number of people that died under the islamic turkic caliph Tamerlane

muslims are inherently more savage and aggressive than any other existing religious group because their religion actively preaches violence against others
there is numerous historical evidence of this
they've killed and victimized people all over the world but act like the innocent victim when it happens to them and the left always comes running in their defence
when its some westerner getting attacked though its because they're an imperialist colonial monster
the double standard is the irksome part

nationalists in non-arab nations tend to dislike islam
iranian nationalists have started converting to Zoroastrianism because Zarathustra/Zoroaster is a Persian prophet for a Persian religion
because of this they're being victimized by Irans socialist Islamic state
surprising enough i know but the nationalist utopia isn't all that different from the isolationist policy of the Shogunate in Tokugawa era Japan and thats a fact fam

cant
Theodore Roosevelt already beat him

You wot? The concept of nationalism wasn't even relevant to Japan at that time. At best it was isolationist feudalism.
As for proper nationalism, what's lebensraum fam?

socialism at its finest
the isolationist part is the one we want
no overseas fucking around or interfering, none of our own people dying overseas in a foreign war, no big corporations outsourcing jobs to the third world and making everyone poorer
isolationism is the key goal

to recount an earlier reply
no refutations here

last year if you didn't support them you were anti freedom
this year if you do, you are pro terrorist

u wot m8

I can't get this out of my head.

Here's some phresh OC

That claim wasn't made.
It just means that
is not valid logic.

10/10

Yes they are the oppressor. I don't care who drew up the borders. The resources being extracted did not go to help the native population. kys.

And more whatboutism! Your world view depends on Islam being the bad guy but historians largely disagree with you. There as no good reason for the Protestant and Catholic conflicts other than religious dominance.

And way to go bucko ignoring my entire part about how we don't support Islam but we think material conditions will assist in eradicating it more so than killing them. There is no double standard. The only double standard is yours.

wing nut world must be scary
They're coming to get you
THEY'RE COMING TO GET YOU!!

Historians are supposed to be objective
biased history isnt history
the jewish account of the Assyrian invasion of Jerusalem isnt history because its not reliable and its a lie
so no historians should disagree with me and neither should they agree with you
history is facts, numbers, names and dates
not who did what to who and why thats good/bad
because thats all subjective
the arabic conquest of Persia was good for arabs and bad for persians
the mongolian conquest of china was bad for china but good for mongolians

it wont plain and simple
thats a fantasy, that genocide is somehow less efficient at eradicating an ideology than making them richer and smarter?
the Ancient Celts would disagree if there were any left alive to refute that claim

the muslims are coming!!!
and im so intellectually weak, there could be shria law next week

wing-nuts are their own worse enemy

Okay well you have fun with your genocide right winger. I'm done arguing with you. I, of Jewish ancestry have to go back to work in my kitchen working with my Muslim head chef who said she would make me a free dinner and of which I just made. Have fun with your paranoid delusions and odious double standards.

nothing of this post i have a problem and im not a right winger famo
im not on your corporatist spectrum wage slave

That was debunked as made up by the media by the FBI. They found no link between him and the grindr profile.

I was browsing wikipedia at work and was really surprised when I found out that the UK and Soviet Union made a joint invasion of Iran and that the UK was briefly at war with (and nearly lost) Iraq during WWII. I don't remember it ever, ever being mentioned before.

Cenk caused this

That leftists would be "defending" Islam is a strawman made up by the right in order to distract from the fact that we are merely pointing out the real causes of terrorism.

the real cause of terrorism is being brown/muslim. It really is as simple as that

Stop enabling them. To paraphrase your precious zizek, even if it is true that they were radicalised in part due to western interventionism, it does not mean their radicalism was not a willful act

I agree, not pursuing imperialist wars would go a long way for that.

Did u even read the second part of that post?

You should stop enabling your own idiocy

Of course its a willful act. I don't understand your point. Anyone except a pacifist monk would willingly decide to retaliate if they were attacked.

Learn2Causality

Because being brainwashed and subhuman is an act of volition.

That's still not how this logic is going. You can't ban religions without a) severe backlash or b) a total dystopian surveillance state where nobody is in any way anonymous.

On the wrong board dude. Go back to Holla Forums, you vacuous spewing hypocritical faggot.

Good news! You don't need to ban Islam, you only need to ban brown people

That was my point, user, it's doublethink. They want to hold people responsible for things that are, by definition, not a choice.

kek, that'll go down real fucking well with the non-Muslim racial minorities.

Man the Muslim engineers next to me are subhuman af.

I don't think you quite understand that was sarcastic.

Well sorry comrade. It's poe's law.

Who said we should ban religions?

(You)

you know what gets me? this retard thinks the rest of us should clean up their mess. pay for it, and be happy about it.
they broke it they should fix it.
the ussr is gone, why should I be paying to protect other ppl's oil fields and pipelines?

americans are so used to conning their own brainwashed public, they forget we aren't them

do the americans think the arabs will drink all the oil if they don't control it?

time to walk away from nato and let the americans surround russia and china on their own dime

does america control the oil?
i thought the arabs controlled it and sold it to America via pipelines to Israel

I laughed a bit

yes they control the oil

you don't actually believe the americans liberated them do you?

youtube.com/watch?v=9RC1Mepk_Sw

at 1:36

well thats not really an explanation
Africa and the Middle East are different but that major difference wasn't oil
the nations of the middle east were a lot more organized than african tribes or states
plus oil wasnt desired or found in Arabia until after Lawrence of Arabia united the arab tribes so they could be used as guerrilla fighters against the Ottoman Empire

The same with fascism

the general just said if their was no oil they wouldn't be there

but we were
Germany and Britain were in Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, Palestine, Egypt and Arabia
and France was in Syria and Lebanon
all of this before Israel, Saudi Arabia or crude oil famo

and communism and socialism

americans are trying to start ww3
I don't wanna fight ww3 for the american empire
I know italy is sick of it, france could walk away. all we need is an idiot like trump to make it happen

news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/libya-mission-cost-seven-times-what-the-government-said-it-would-documents

I didn't even get a thank you card, what did to guys get

another 50 years of austerity so we can buy weapons because of american paranoia?

salon.com/2016/07/12/the_west_escalates_with_russia_make_no_mistake_a_second_cold_war_is_now_official_nato_policy/

youtube.com/watch?v=waEYQ46gH08

liveleak.com/view?i=3c7_1468692553

"ISLAMIC TERRORIST uses truck as a weapon […]"

This is ridiculous. How can a major news network (yes, even if it's Fox News) make such a bold claim when nothing is confirmed yet? What the fuck happened to basic journalistic deontology?

they just want to be clear about who is to be blamed. and get everyone in the right state of mind for the coming genocide

remember this ?
rt.com/on-air/

You think?

edition.cnn.com/2016/07/17/us/baton-route-police-shooting/

fucking msm

East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff and Baton Rouge Police - Live Audio Feed Web Player

broadcastify.com/listen/feed/23047/web

live stream

livestream.com/accounts/11595706/events/3707065

We have a thread here

oh

Because of pic related

I know it's a rhetorical question, but no, they don't.

Pic saved

I don't think that's all there is to it.

How?

Oversimplistic representation of events.

It's not like grand politics are actually motivated by revenge.

Well yes, the cycle has to initiate somehow. In this case the initial cause was Western imperialism.

The cycle ends when one side decides there is nothing left to gain from further destruction.

I'm not sure. GWB's foreign policy was so inept it looks more like petty grievances based on pure emotion, rather than some grand scheming chess master.

The 9/11 hijackers were getting drunk at a stripclub like a week before the attack

Are you Bill Maher?

Do I really need to spell it all out?

I don't get it

t. other guy

Not intentionally, but it is indeed the main motivation of groups like al-Qaeda, let loose by the US and now used an excuse to wage eternal war on the Middle East.

Bitterness and revenge are how dangerous radical movements appear seemingly from nowhere. It's why people risk their lives to join.

Where does al-Qaeda get the money? Out of thin air?

Idpol.

As long as you have someone safe to hate, you don't have the time to hate someone you shouldn't hate.

As long as you have some crazy (but safe) idea to support, you don't have the time to support some other idea.

The Middle East is full of wealthy monarchs that like to fund radicals. Bin Laden himself was very wealthy.

Well, if the Guardian and the BBC report it, then it's Gospel truth from the Mouth of Jesus Christ himself!

It's not as if the Establishment were desperate to keep tempers under control and prevent reprisals against Muslims, which might escalate into widespread unrest.

Yep. Just a coincidence. Nothing to see here. Move along, citizen.

Sectarianism in the Islamic world is pretty extreme. They hate each other as much as they hate the West.

Yeah Arab supremacists of the 7th century and their subsequent centuries of imperialism and slavery in the name of Allah had nothing to do with it spreading.

You're holding the caliphates to an impossible ethical standard for such a time. Conquering and slaughtering was just life back then. They talk the talk, but most reactionary Muslims life far too decent lives to risk them for ideology.

If you think recent history is all irrelevant because the Muslim conquest was super scawy, you are mentally impaired.

Islamic imperialism predates western imperialism.

The egg came before the chicken.
…oh, sorry. I thought we were correlating things that have no correlation whatsoever.

And still is in that part of the world. And imperialism never ended on behalf of Islam. Islam just encountered newer stronger empires. When did Saudi Arabia ban slavery by law, 1953?

Wew. If you are going to play the blame game then you should not get butthurt when pays in kind.

Irrelevant. Islamic imperialism of the West ended centuries ago. The "bomb cycle" for that has long been dead.

It only ended because the Europeans surpassed them technologically. It would still be ongoing to this day if it weren't for that. Do not play the blame game. Do not attribute the horrors of any imperial machine to the common man trapped within. Otherwise reasonable and intelligent people on this board seem to do this constantly when criticizing the global capitalist hegemony that rules the west. Mautists the lot of you.

Reminder to all idiots that insist on referring to the Arab conquests of the medieval era as relevant comparison material: it is ENTIRELY unrelated to the phenomenon of Jihadist terrorism, which originated in the '80s and was enabled by the foreign policies of the Western block.

This makes as much sense as mentioning the Crusades, comparing them to Ku Klux Klan activity and coming to the conclusion that they're significantly connected "because Christianity".

this

The modern Islamic world is wholly unrelated to the caliphates of old. It was pulled out of thin air by the Saudis and other figures put into power by the Western allies for their own ends. In the mid-20th century, secularism was getting popular in the Middle East until the endless foreign meandering made Islamic fundamentalism popular. Religion in law has actually increased from a low point because of this.

The real world is not a Sid Meier video game.

See what I did there? You are playing the blame game and then moving the goalposts. Shit that happened in the past does not excuse atrocities committed today by anyone to anyone. Get that through your thick retarded Mautist™ skull.

It started with the splitting up of the Ottaman empire after WW1 but I get your drift cumrade.

Imperialism is imperialism no matter who does it. Western imperialism does not grant Jihadists a moral justification. This is just cause and effect and Jihadism and western governments apolgists will cause a reaction within the western population.

Islamist(like ISIS) are our enemies. Muslims, in the entirety of their nation are not.

It is not playing the blame game IF RESPONSIBILITY IS RELEVANT TO THE ARGUMENT. Fucking idiot.

I don't think anyone here is talking about "justification". You think we are providing excuses when we are just providing explanations.

The MidEast "crusades" of US have nothing to do with it.

The existence of big radical groups has nothing to do with it.

People can do things for no reason once or twice. But they can't repeatedly pull off things that require immense expences and organized effort on a grand scale just for lulz.

I hate you.

Nope

Fundamentalist Muslims are generally idiots, basically SJW with guns. The reason they are so effective is because we gave them top-tier military training, which was passed along to future insurgents.

Nope.

Are you arguing that a people can be collectively held responsible for the action of the elite that rules and oppresses them? For the actions of the elite that ruled and oppressed their ancestors? But only if they are western?

Rome is in Western Europe and it is the basis of Western civilization. Rome killed, crucified, and enslaved people in the name of imperialism for centuries before Islam emerged. If you want to exclude the classical era and only consider the modern period then you are dealing with colonialism but in that case there is no comparable element in the Islamic world. The Muslims were strictly the victim of colonialism as their countries were colonized by the Western European imperialist powers. This continues to modern times.

Yup it is the blame game. Western civ is the big other, the ones responsible, the guilty. Hmm.. I wish we had a name for this guilt.. Maybe something to do with skin color perhaps.
As for Muslims, well they did nothing wrong in their conquests, colonialism and slavery. Why? Because they have no agency since they aren't "western" and subjects of collective skin color guilt.

Not him, but what exactly are you implying? That middle easterners are evil by nature or that administering "guilt" is pointless and we should look at material conditions instead?

You faggots are really autistic.

You blatantly denied that Muslims engaged in imperialism, colonialism and slavery.

Not going around attributing collective guilt on entire peoples would be nice since it is pure idpol to do so.

Good job misreading his whole post, it's probably hard for a retard who loves jumping to conclusions about how people are out to get you, but I'm not him. Just want to say, if you are that faggot who claims to be palestinian, please, for the sake of the board, kill yourself or actually engage arguments instead of cowering behind your "idpol" to make them for you.

So you approve of fostering collective guilt for past crimes committed by the few upon an entire people? I suspect you don't but by what I have been seeing here recently it wouldn't surprise me.

Reading comprehension, retard. Do you have it?

No. Learn how to read.

Who implied Jihadist terrorists had any kind of moral justification whatsoever? Explaining is not justifying.

Not sure what you're talking about. Could you direct me to significant instances of Islamist terrorism pre-'80s?

Muslim.
Case closed.

So you support terrorism.
I'm not surprised that a leftist would support terrorism and abolishing human rights, like freedom of speech in favour of supporting and defending the "victims" fanatical, bloodthirsty death cult which is Islam.

There's been some development in the case.

Police searches of Mohamed Bouhlel's phone and computer turned up evidence that he had recently been watching ISIS beheading videos… and that he had been dating both men and women through the Internet, including a 73-year-old man. He also started growing a beard a few days before the attack, and apparently told some unspecified people that he did so for religious reasons.

wtf?

Sources:

Los Angels Times | latimes.com/world/europe/la-fg-france-nice-aftermath-20160718-snap-story.html

The Independent | independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/nice-attack-attacker-isis-videos-mohamed-lahouaiej-bouhlel-terror-truck-victims-france-a7142646.html

Religious affiliation doesn't count now? You can't get rid of terrorism by banning Islam. Not shouldn't, can't.

You don't know anything about Islam. You are just spewing typical Islamophobic rhetoric rather then demonstrating any sort of nuanced understanding.