Max Mad Thread

Are the Mad Max movies kino?
Who was the best villain, and why was it Auntie Entity?

The hockey mask guy cause he's the only one I remember anything out of. I remember nothing else about the originals.

Lord Hugh Mungus?

Any movie apart from Beyond Thunderdome is shit.

not a single good movie to date

Fury Road was good. First feminist action movie that I liked.

If you didn't like feminist action movies before you should go back to /r/_TheDonald reddipol.

no it was retarded

???

The Humongous, The Warrior of the Wasteland, The Ayatollah of Rock 'n Rollah.

Contrarians to the finest, I see. You cannot deny it, you just can't, that Immortan was a great memorable character, even more memorable than Lord Humungus. Say it's feminist shit all you want, I say this as a guy who doesn't like women or feminism and I still think it's one of the best action movies in the last decade.

The only good Mad Max film

fite me

Water World remains one of the best movies I have ever seen.

Totally superior actor.
t. John Ribensilvergoldenshekelstein

chuck the cuck

Chris Jericho?

son
dont do this

user's right, tho. Furiosa pales in comparison to Waterworld.

I come in peace amateurs.

summerfag detected

Can't I?

Describe him without mentioning how he looks, if you'd please.

he's a big guy

Misogynist.

He has a lot of TOXIC MASCULINITY built up inside him.

BIG

BLACK

WHITE

fuck you

FILMS

Big Black & White Fuck You Films. Sounds like fun famalam.

Not only are the Mad Max films great, other post-apoc films that were inspired by/ripped off the series hold up well too. I watched one, 'Wheels of Fire' I think it was called. It was awesome. Had a good villain, called Scourge.

As for the Max films, the best villain is hard to call. Do you pick a boss, like Toecutter, or an enforcer like Rictus? Personally, I think Blaster was pretty good, although I'm biased because I had a PE teacher who looked just like him. Ironbar from the same film was probably a better villain though. Ultimately I think Max's own mind is his greatest enemy, it is the source of his torment yet at the same time the only motivation he has to survive. Driven by the memories of a better world to improve the ruined one, despite the seeming futility of it all.

Beyond Thunderdome is underrated.

I think a distinction wouldn't hurt between villains and the enforcers, as there's a lot of high quality enforcers in all 4 movies.
My top 3 would be
1. The Bullet Farmer
2. Blaster
3. Wez

Beyond Thunderdome's biggest problem was that there was nothing interesting beyond Thunderdome.
It's a good Mad Max movie sandwiching a mediocre post-apoc kids' movie, and the kids gobble up all the screentime. Miller should have ditched the children and written up anything besides them.

Kino of different genres.
Mad Max - revenge kino
Mad Max II - action kino
Mad Max III - family adventure kino
Mad Max IV - fucking modern shit that isn't MM, car designs good but this thing should be erased from history

for you

I actually think it could have worked if they

1. kept in mind that having kids in a movie doesn't mean said movie has to be for kids; and

2. actually gave Max a full redemption by the end, either by making the ultimate sacrifice and giving his life to save Savannah's half of the tribe, or actually going along with them to their Tomorrow-morrow Land and embracing his connection to humanity at last.

So did the nuclear war take place between 1 and 2 or had it just taken place before 1?

The best was Based Bubba

As far as I can tell, here's what happened

No they are shit

all of them are shit that squander interesting characters in favor of mumblin' max and now, feminism

We did at least get to see Mel Gibson punch a teenage girl in the face.

Man, I remember this weird period maybe a decade back where they used to show Waterworld every other week or so on television for several months.

same

I can respect your dubs, but I think Furiosa's motive for turning against Joe was a change on conscience. Still get a laugh when people call Furiousa a strong female character when she got her ass kicked by Max and other characters.