Comic adaptations that are NOT capeshit

Yes, this thread is another attempt to move away from just talking about capeshit comics.

So, what are some great non-capeshit comic adaptations out there?

Forced meme/10.

V for Vendetta and Watchmen were alright. Not as good as the comics, but still decent enough to warrant a watch after reading the original. Making Moore salty makes me happy.

The two Punisher films, plus Dirty Laundry, were pretty good action films. Kingsman is apparently a good film, though I've never watched it.
There's also the Men in Black films, which were based on a comic.

Blade and Big Hero 6 come to mind.

There's also some tv series, like Swamp Thing, Constantine and Preacher.

Can't think of much else off the top of my head.
If you think any of those fall under the "capeshit" meme, you're an idiot.

I dunno if the Crow counts as capeshit. I'm guessing otherwise.

???

Kill yourself.
Go shitpost on Holla Forums, you've already made those 8 1 word threads here today.

Red was a comic? Annie was a comic as well?

Loved that movie. Is the comic pretty much the same as the film. I would like to read it but I fear it would be the exact same so what difference would it make. Its the problem I have with the Batman Year one adaptation. Good movie but so accurate to the point it makes me wonder why watch it when I could read the comic.

I'm getting a Daria vibe from this.

The Crow comic was a lot grittier.
The violence was more visceral, the protagonist was more damaged, it was a very personal story for the author, who had lost his fiancee to a drunk driver.

user, I didn't mean that Big Hero 6 is capeshit because of the animated movie.
I mean it's capeshit because the original comic is capeshit.
The animated movie still makes them superheroes.
Superheroes = capeshit. I don't know why that's hard to believe.

The Crow is on my list after watching a 'What's The Difference' video on it. Embed related. Mostly the same, but the focus is mainly on the depression aspect, and rather than some fights being more intense, the Crow doesn't actually have trouble curb-stomping his enemies. Because he's just a vengeful, unbeatable spirit that needs to overcome his depression. That aspect interests me more than the movie.
I also like the art.

Meme needs to die already.

I used to call superhero fiction as childen's comic books. Turns out that kids don't actually read comic books anymore, and superheroes have somehow added extreme liberal moralizing and sexual fetishes into the usual bullshit involving men in spandex punching each other and calling each other silly names, so they shouldn't be reading it anyways. Capeshit.

The vid is pretty good user. Thanks I'll check out the comic.

Was the film deeper than it appeared. I remember watching some vid that explained it had some esoteric themes about cycles and history repeating itself. Liked the movie though.

I thought they were crackers.

fuck off

I'm not sure who they're pandering this to

(nice dubs)

The Red films also had the same writer as the comics. As for Annie, it's based off of a comic strip.

Dick Tracy.

I've seen Barbarella (kino). I'm gonna have to see the rest of those.

Good taste, user.

Yep. It's from way back in the 20s. It's actually interesting to hear her origin story:

Why even live?

Also, Josie and the Pussycats. That movie was ahead of it's time.

I am Legend.

The Surrogates.

How the hell did they get away with that joke?

Diabolik was adapted as an animated series as well IIRC.

?? This, if anything, is a product of its time.

That's based on a novella.

Guy who wrote The Scribbler also wrote and directed film adaptation of it. It is nice visually, but other than that it is a kind of a wasted potential.

Do you guys get asshurt when someone says 'normalfag' or 'drawfag' or 'Holla Forumslack'? No? Then shut the fuck up, you big goddamn babies.

Go back to your containment board.

Hellboy. Hellboy 2 was pure shit, though.

You ignorant nigger. Big Hero 6 is nothing but cape shit but with a tech twist because apparently actual superpowers was dumb.

Hellboy 2 was great. Fuck you.

Ho ho ho! No, my friend, fuck you.

That was a damn good scene and I will not have anyone say otherwise!

True facts right here.

That movie is a fucking comedic masterpiece. Really needs to be rediscovered as one of the great so bad it's good flicks.

It's one guy.

I can't even imagine having such shit taste

EAT OF MY FLESH

fuck off

Tintin was a great movie, lots of fun and very comfy

Fuck you both in your stretch-marked anuses. Hellboy and Liz getting together is cancer, and Abe and an elf is even worse, but Hellboy and Abe crying like bitches while Manilow plays is some sort of airborne AIDS/Cancer/Leprosy hybrid.