Italian comics

So I was fucking about on the Internet and found out that Martin Mystery was actually an Italian comic that is supposedly pretty good compared the show, and there are plenty of other semi famous comics made by the same company. Do any anons know about Italy's comics, are any of them actually good, have any recommendations, and can you link to translations because I can't find any.

Other urls found in this thread:

readcomicbooksonline.me/ekho-2016
thepiratebay.org/torrent/5840767/Paolo_Eleuteri_Serpieri_-_Druuna_-_Delta_[ITA]
thepiratebay.org/torrent/9632896/[HiFi_Eros]_Druuna_(8_3_Books)_(Heavy_Metal)_(1986-2003)_(Bunny)
8ch.net/co/res/785493.html
dictionary.com/browse/mainstream
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

They make some good Disney comics. Aside from the regular weekly Topolino stories, you should check out Paperinik, X-Mickey and Mickey Mouse Mystery Magazine.
Also anything by Alessandro Barbucci. W.I.T.C.H., Monster Allergy, Skydoll, it's all good.

Druuna.

Man, I loved Martin Mystery as a kid.
It was kinda dumb and weak sometimes but much like Yu-Gi-Oh it had an undeniable charm and style to it that really contrasted with the bland shit that was coming out at the time and the monsters were really cool.
And Diana caused some of my first faps.
I actually just got a mega link to season 1 and 2 but is in LatAm Spanish.
You wouldn't have a DVD rip?

I also watched W.I.T.C.H. but I wasn't admitting that, I didn't even admitted to watch PPG. Cedric looked fucking badass and Phobos kinda gay but cool gay and they were certainly memorable, haven't seen that since 2007

Links?

Dylan Dog books are really good. They a mixture of noir, comedy, and horror. Stories follow Dylan Dog, a "Nightmare Investigator" in London. He is an kind of an experienced idiot with a heart of gold, who in most stories helps beautiful women with supernatural problems, but oftentimes people involved turn out to be worse than actual monsters. There is also his sidekick, Groucho (or Felix in English due to copyright reasons) who is a "comic relief"

Wasn't that the same guy who made "John Dies at the end"

apparently Barbucci is doing a comic called Ekho now. It has some good reviews and the art is solid. Here is a link.
readcomicbooksonline.me/ekho-2016

No. Dylan Dog is done by Tiziano Sclavi and has been going since mid 80s. John Dies at the End was written by David Wong, or whatever his real name is, from Cracked. He was a teenager back then, and he sure can't write well enough to impress Umberto Eco.

Volume 6 - Deep South should be out in few months.

Are there honestly people on Holla Forums that don't know where to find comics online? Literally all you have to do is google something like 'download Druuna.' As long as you're not an idiot that can't tell shady sites apart from legitimate ones, you'll be fine.

I'm retarded user please help.

thepiratebay.org/torrent/5840767/Paolo_Eleuteri_Serpieri_-_Druuna_-_Delta_[ITA]

thepiratebay.org/torrent/9632896/[HiFi_Eros]_Druuna_(8_3_Books)_(Heavy_Metal)_(1986-2003)_(Bunny)

I can storytime if you don't know how to torrent.

I storytimed this shit like a month ago. This newfag needs to learn this shit himself or fuck off. We gain nothing from spoonfeeding people who can't even use google.

Is not that I can't is just etiquette to add your weird Italian cult comic a link so people can see it.

I know thanks, I want to keep in topic, maybe in a dedicated thread like

I've torrented enough hentai to know how it works don't worry

Btw, OP, I storytimed a Star Wars comic that is done by an Italian artist.

8ch.net/co/res/785493.html

I mean I don't disagree but I know we'll enough not to be a fag about it

This
If you're not posting mainstream is well seen to post somewhere to get it.
I make sure to upload all my shit in MEGA in case I need it for a thread so we all can be in the same page.
And its not spoonfeeding, its sharing.

You're a fag. I wouldn't mind if it was like, finding the uncensored version or something, but just blindly asking for a link because they're an idiot is fucking retarded. This is why we have so much cancer on this board.
I'll at least even this out by posting Serpieri art.

I'd agree with you if it weren't for the fact Druuna is mainstream. It's mainstream enough it produced a game. You google 'download Druuna' and you get exactly what you want. Go do that right now. Google 'download Druuna' and the first thing that pops up will get you just what you want.

By that standard bible man is mainstream because it had a game. Having a game isn't that impressive especially when it didn't sell well.

Teach a fag to fish and you wouldn't ave to worry about it. Instead you'd rather an already slow crippled cancer ridden board remain a stagnant mess. you wanna be a dick because helping others is beneath you that's fine but not everyone is a self important ass like yourself.

How about awards, then, user? It won awards. It's well-known, even if it's slightly more obscure in America. It's still mainstream enough that the google thing still applies.
Saying it's not mainstream is basically the equivalent to saying Lone Wolf and Cub isn't mainstream, when that spawned several spin-offs and live action movies as well as had cameos in various forms of media like Samurai Jack.

Just because you don't know it doesn't mean it's obscure.

Here, have some more Serpieri, shut the fuck up, and use google before you ask for a link next time. That's all I fucking ask. Use google before asking. If you can't do that, you deserve ridicule.

You remind me of the magic autists from my high-school. They had the same mentality about magic you wanna know what happened? One of them got tired of the others and started teaching others how to play a few months later and there was a thriving magic community at my school and the original autists where pushed out.

The point is is your attitude will only alienate you.

The only way I'd be comparable is if the fags that wanted to play Magic came up and asked questions like 'where do you buy the cards' or 'what's a card game' when Magic sits next to Pokemon cards almost everywhere.

Anyway I'm pretty sure I triggered some faggot and now he's spamming because he's asshurt. This is what happens when you spoonfeed people who should just fuck off.

Massimo Mattioli, bitches.

So just because something is popular overseas it qualifies as mainstream please. Star wars is mainstream , Zelda is mainstream, this is influential within a subculture at best. I included a link to a dictionary for you.
dictionary.com/browse/mainstream

I assumed I was the one who triggered the spammer. He's bitching about Venom comics in the Brock thread.

Wtf did I just look at is this the real itchy and scratchy show.

I dunno if anyone's triggered but I'm having a good time calling you an autistic faggot.

You want my actual opinion I'll tell ya. Spponfeeding is fine because anything is better then what we're currently stuck with. Waifu threads, thinly veiled TV threads, Tumblr and jewniverse threads anything is better then this.

Between all the Trash that exists here I'll take some fag asking for a how to in order to get something better. It could lead to a minor improvement in the board maybe some storytimes maybe even a decent discussion thread.

You and your attitude are relics either learn to live with it and contribute to making things better or kill yourself because it's all downhill from here bucko.

Tome 5 when

This. If you've ever watched Cemetary Man you pretty much know what to expect.
There actually is an issue that's identical to Cemetary Man albeit with an expanded plot and more/different characters.

It can also be pretty gruesome. Gore, murder, implied child killings and so on.

Also Groucho sucks.

Pretty much. Itchy and Scratchy with hookers.
Also Superwest, Mighty Mouse/Super Goof with hookers.

mah southern italian familia ,also fairly overlooked ones in the same vein as Dylan Dog are Dampyr and Nathan Never

also download link?

Dunno, I've only ever seen squarebound hardback bound physical copies. There used to be a sort of animated version that was more of a slideshow, but that was 90's internet and long gone.

aw crap, well you were luckier than me ; what i got i got from magazines so i only have segments from his works but no comprehensive collection to do some research on

Anyone mentioned Diabolik yet? It's been running since the 60's (the main characters just stay the same age, as the world around them changes) and is probably most famous to western audiences as the film that was used for the last episode of MST3K. Though apparently it was also a cartoon in the 90's or 2000's.
Anyway, it's basically Italy's Golgo 13 (they even look pretty similar in normal clothes), only he steals things instead of shooting people.
From what I remember seeing in Italy (where I stayed for a literal night two years ago) / reading in two books I bought, there's the main Diabolik series, Diabolik Swiss (the sound of a knife being thrown), Diabolik R (thicker books which might be reprints of older stories) and Il Grande Diabolik (also big books). The main series (and probably Swiss) are monthly "pocket sized" books of over 100 black and white pages, though they only have 2-3 panels per page.

Didn't someone storytime that a while ago.

Got a torrent?

Thanks

Any English scans out there?
Can only find the original Italian ones…

i believe the process of tranlsating them is ongoing so right about now there are about 10 issues that i know of with varried quality of the scans and their translations plus a couple of extras; the ones that i do have you can find easily online if you want however i can put it on volafile

It is being translated and published in English by Epicenter Comics right now. Before them, Dark Horse translated 7 volumes, and later collected them all in Case Files.

Could you put them up, please? I only managed to find 4 volumes in English, all of which I already have in Case Files book.

Considering how well this board takes to Marvel's politics in its stories, be aware that Dylan Dog contains as much leftist propaganda as your average Captain Marvel issue. It gets really stupid in somep parts.
Other Bonelli comics don't have this problem though, save for Julia.

they're up

Last time i checked most of the stories were mostly loosely adapted from and /or incorporated other works of fiction (movies, books etc.) usually paired with the odd philosophical querry ,that certain and unmistakable italian style that one can encounter in most other formats be it italian movies , italian books italian cartoons etc etc , pop-culture references and tits .

Don't suppose you could give an actual example or two hundred to back up your claims?

I recently went through my collection of comic books and found some issues of Dylan Dog that don't currently exist in english translation , 4 of them to be specific
So in the vein of i decided i can do the effort of providing translations of the issues marked in the image but given my previous attempts at using a program like gimp to undertake the task all by myself was a bit more time consuming than i would've wanted and my choice of fonts and whatnot was a bit lackluster , is there anyone that would be willing to do so if i provided the translated text?

Maybe you shoud actually read them and not stop at the pretty figures then.
Dopo Mezzanotte, Goblin, Cattivi Pensieri, Johnny Freak, Doktor Terror only to cite the most egregious examples.

or maybe you should put your money where your mouth is and actually back up those claims you made with something other than just your opinion

Ya got a torrent?

sure
#!6EIT2ACb!HJTZg1e4QZpX1nh1XSnfthKZNKxvBNVDe-z6aF09q5o

Thanks

Old people here love Tex, Zagor stuff. But these ones are my jam tbh. Recently picking local published Dragonero and Orfani as well.

Too shame local translating and publishing here is kinda slow. I want more of them.

Well at least a publisher caught up with Martin Mystére finally and hell, English translating and publishing are slower than I expected.

In here they published about 5 volumes but they couldn't advertise it for shit and it eventually canned. 90fags like me love the cartoon. I don't know how they screwed that up.

Nice user

Soon,actually. From what I've read it's supposed to be out in march or something like that.

Also, Skydoll is way better than Ekho. Ekho's writing is somewhat unconsistent, at least for me. Skydoll has a better story, better characters, a better world and all in all more personality.

Is that still going?

Im in between

That suit…is that the guy Phantomex is based off?

Man I wish I knew how to speak pasta

Book 4 came out in 2014 actually, but as I said it's getting an english translation soon.

Papari pupi

Sorry for the minor derailment but I really want to fuck that ass.

It looks like link is messed up or dead. Deluge, Transmission, and qBittorrent can't find it. Please, could you give another one, or re-upload the Dylan Dog comics?

i'll let you in on a couple little secrets
1.it's not a torrent
2.it doesn't contain comicbooks
3.a clue to what it contains is in the images of that post
3a.also these two are bots or alternatively brainless enough to be considered that

Interesting how Italians still love cowboys long after Murica pretty much forgot about them.

It was an over saturation that mostly killed it.

It's not that people forgot. It's just that the fad died and has yet to really come back again despite a few attempts.

But that is trap

This

Good to know