Best roles of Nicolas Cage

In this thread we discuss the best roles of the best actor ever.
To me Left Behind was his more inspiring work.

I never saw that movie but I like Raising Arizona & 8mm.
I remember when a dumb christian friend (sorry to be redundant!) lent me the first few books in that Left Behind series. I had fun reading them b/c they were like an ultra wacky surreal comedy, but man, those authors couldn't write prose to save their lives. There was actually a jewish professor with the most stereotypical name ever (chaim rosenberg or something) who magically "saw the light" and converted to jesus. The dialogue was so bad throughout. Damn you for reminding me that those books exist.

This film is a masterpiece.

Be careful, this board is filled with right wing sjw christfags.

I don't think you understand the words you're using.

real christians haven't really existed for about two centuries

I'm a Muslim, btw

Trash spotted and reported.

Shut up you christfag subhumans! Go pray to your sky daddy lmao!

Unironically a great actor, he can make anything enjoyable.
Even pure shit like Weatherman.

Best cagekino.

This meme was born stale.

smh I bet you don't even praise kek you racist cuck

All major Cage's works have mainly Christian themes like Knowing for example.
just kys Jew

Left Behind is a masterpiece, only enemies of The Cross hate it.

Sargon of Acuck please.

Left Behind is bullshit, this is coming from a Christian

the nose knows

It didn't happen in the film.

I was talking about the old movies. Haven't seen the new one

The Wicker Man.

I was talking about the one with Nicolas Cage the film location is in an airplane mostly.

fuckin hilarious

On the Great Big List of Things That Have Happened, that wonderful tale reddit-tier smarmery has to be somewhere near the top.

Why'd you quit zooming in?

Thought he was great in The Weather Man and Lord of War.

Nic Cage is awesome in all oh his roles. Only plebs and normies can't truly appreciate a Cage performance.

IT'S ALL HAPPENING!

That would be more like Idris Elba or pic related

Lord of War is essentially a better version of Nightcrawler, both charting the rise, fall and (sort of) redemption of amoral businessmen profiteering off tragedy. But unlike Gyllenhaal's wooden portrayal of a "great job team" Zuckerberg-style autist, Cage's character comes complete with a backstory and motivation, as well as all the little personable touches needed to make a character sympathetic.

The biggest example of this is in the overall character arcs. Both get in over their heads, then ultimately pull through and continue their business, but Gyllenhaal's character is very clearly shown to have learnt absolutely nothing from the experience. One could stop watching 20 minutes in and still get the same moral. By contrast, Cage's story is incredibly complex: he ostensibly comes out on top, but has lost his family and now realises that they were the only thing he truly valued. He goes back to a life of gun running reluctantly, because it is the only thing he really knows. Lord of War is a tragedy of masculinity, demonstrating the result of a man becoming lost in his duty to his family, to the exclusion of the family itself. Yet it is also more immediately entertaining, with classic Cage-brand comedy and larger-than-life characters to keep one's interest throughout.

A few cons: the anti-war themes are a little preachy at times, the CG in the intro is horribly dated, and Jared Leto is mediocre at best as Cage's brother

I doubt there's another actor who's squandered his talents as much as Cage. Almost everything he's been in has been trash, almost all of his performances have been hammy jokes that people only enjoy ironically. It's sad.

Name a more American movie scene.

Good analysis.
Did you write it all by yourself?

The turning point seems to be 2000, although the foundations were being formed a couple years prior. Just about everything he did until 1998 were great roles worthy of accolades.

Then Joel Schumacher, sensing nothing to lose on account of the catastrophic failure that was Batman & Robin, decided to try and expose a small piece of what a certain group of people that he himself was a part of were doing on the side through 8MM. Unsurprisingly, critics dogpiled on it like they did Eyes Wide Shut probably because (((they))) told them to.

This didn't kill his career immediately as a couple years after Gone in 60 Seconds he had a small comeback in the early-mid '00s but went full Cage with The Wicker Man. Then he started his common practice of shilling himself out for any old fucker's B-Movie tripe, did Bad Lieutenant and Kick-Ass, and hasn't had a good movie since. Either he thinks he's playing to the crowd by deliberately picking every role that gets sent his way to fall into the cult of memesonality that has plagued him from 9fag, Youtube and Plebbit all the way to Cracked and Gawker in one giant circlejerk over the ruins of one man's once-prosperous acting career, or his heart just isn't in the profession anymore and is only still around to collect his paycheck.

Yes, thanks.

It's like TV lost itself on the way and doesn't know the finest niche flavors of the Cage-Pocalypse.

But Knowing & Left Behind are still immensely better than the worst Nick Cage performance: Next. Holy christ.

I liked that film especially the sex scene with Katie Chonacas, pure cuckino.

Out of my way plebs.

I used to hate Nicholas Cage until I realized I liked every movie he was in.

All jokes aside Con Air is quite the badass action movie.

Well then he should have paid his taxes and only bought shit he could afford and he wouldnt be in this mess

He has been in like 2 or 3 good things versus 40 bad things fuck off reddit