Turkey discussion

Hey everyone. I find the attempted coup in Turkey interesting, but I can't seem to understand the conflict. The local conservatives seem to be very excited about it, and I would love to know the left's option on it.

Other urls found in this thread:

rt.com/news/352119-turkey-purge-coup-attempt/
politico.eu/article/erdogans-reichstag-fire-turkey-coup-attempt/
wikileaks.org/akp-emails/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

We already have a thread on this. Check it out. Popular consensus in the thread has most comrades being ok with the coup, but solely because Edrogan is a piece of shit and his Islamic fascist shenanigans need to stop. The coup is not that much better although they are more secular. Many are hoping the coup will relieve pressure on the Rojavans although it's just speculation as of now.

do u like the wyatt family? y / n
do u think bray should become the new undertaker? y / n

At least I tried

- Current discussion thread
- Former discussion thread - opinions (pro-coup mainly) here

Thanks for the primer. I'll most definitely check it out.

I don't think Wyatt could be the next Taker, but I do like his gimmick. The cult expansion idea should be revisited with other wrestlers that are having trouble getting over, so they can repackage them as cult enforcers. I'm looking at you, Apollo Snooze

it would be so cool to make the wyatt family the gladiator with the lions they make the taker tho, instead of having just one gigantic beast tho it would be entering a cage match against a bunch of meth heads, plus whoever else they randomly can decide to put in there, it can work my dude you gotta trust me

Repeat after me: E R G E N E K O N

I want to murder the human race

WHY THE FUCK, DO PEOPLE ON THE FUCKING LEFT, WANT THE ARMY TO TAKE OVER???

Fucking 'Murica man… Fucking 'Murica…

Because you "have to take a side" lmao.

How about… Am with the proletariat???

You know… The people???

Does a coup of part of the army support the revolution?
No?
THEN WHY BE PRO COUP?

That the "if you support gender equality, you're a feminist" logic.

Erdogan is a piece of shit. Authoritarian, seeking more power and willing to use islam to cement his legacy. He is neo-ottoman by nature. However, that the majority of Turks seemed to support him against the coup pretty much results in fuck em. They've made their bed. Now they can lie in it. They want an authoritarian who panders to islamists as president for life, I hope they enjoy it.

Army > Erdogan

It's like you haven't heard of Operation Gladio in Turkey and the Counter-Guerilla.

Maybe there are just no good people to support here, sort of like when porky fights porky?

Well… I guess it's ok for fascists to take over, if the governement is fundamentalist then…

Say… Trump gets elected in the US, it's A-OK for the amry to take over, even if they are the same or worse shit… Right?

Hint:
YOU DON'T WANT THE ARMY TAKING OVER!

WE HAVE HAD! IT'S NOT PRETTY!

I'm fucking mad
I mean, I am incredibly skeptical of a military coup, but fuck anyone who was enraged over the idea of challenging this cunt

hasnt the Turkish military taken over multiple times in the past in order to keep Turkey a secular state?

Yes, starting with Kemal.
And what happened last time?

We almost have a Turko-Greek war, over some rocks and some goats.

AND YOU WANT THAT ARMY TO TAKE OVER!

well… FUCK YOU! I AIN'T GOIN TO WAR!

oh, you really believe that, huh. what flavour is that kool-aid?

If you have actually read up about the history of Turkey, the army, under the constitution that Erdogan is constantly trying to change to make him more powerful, is the protector of the republic, enforces the constitution and can initiate a coup to keep the republic secular. Everything usually comes back to normal eventually.

And arm the proles? The 'proles' are brainwashed as we saw with them and the troops - and as we speak civilians are beating and whipping surrendered soldiers.

Erdogan eroded any Kurdish/left-wing resistance left in parliament too. It was possible that the couper were ready to initiate talks with the Kurds.

Ok, so, let me get this straight.

The army would take over, and then it would letting weapons be sent to ISIS, start talks with Kurds… Let me gues more.. It then creates a united Cyprus with both sides happy.. And then .. hmm.. yes.. then give the Hagia Sophia to Patriarch… And then it gives the factories to the workers, nationalizes the banks, takes care of refugees… AND IT OPENS A PORTAL FOR THE MONSTER GIRLS TO ENTER!

KEK.

Whenever the army took over in Turkey, it always turned attention to an "outside" enemy, did genocides, created tensions and so on.

Is Erdogan shit? SURE!
Is the army the one to "makes thing better"?
Well… Let's ask other countries…

Hey, Chille! Did the army taking over made you better?
How about you, Spain?
And Sub-Saharan country?
No?
Hmmm… I wonder why…

WANTING THE ARMY TO TAKE OVER IS WHAT FUCKING FASISTS WANT!

Turkey's far-left DHKP-C calls on followers to arm themselves in anticipation of police crackdown following Turkish military coup attempt

Either end point is bad once a military coup starts - if the military won, yes, it was almost certainly going to cause extreme aggression but Erdogan is a fucking dictator and now his paranoia has been justified to a level never seen before, and the people support him 100%. If there's ever a time for a true atrocity to happen in modern Turkey, it's probably right now.

The anons thinking you must take a side are the same tankie retards who support reactionary dictators because of "muh anti-imperialism (anti-americanism)"

source? I'm rather interested in the Turkish/Kurdish left's reaction to this coup.

Whoops forgot to take off the shitposting flag

Police disarming the military is simply farcical. But in another sense it's a good thing, because they clearly had no idea of what they were doing and had no leadership. What's the point in shooting your own citizens and the police in the absence of a clear strategy and leadership?

it was NATO goons vs NATO goons, nothing to see here

lots of islamistic turkroaches here

speak for yourself, faggot.

being neutral or slightly against the coup is not the same as being okay with it.

Fuck me.

Erdogan is horrible, we all know it, but where is any substantial case for military takeover. You don't have to take sides in everything. It seems it's only speculation the military will be better than him.

I disagree .

Turkey post-coup purge: Licenses of 21,000 teachers revoked, 1,577 deans ordered to resign

rt.com/news/352119-turkey-purge-coup-attempt/

Turkey has revoked the licenses of 21,000 teachers working in private institutions, an Education Ministry official told Reuters. It's the latest in a string of crackdowns on workers allegedly tied to the exiled cleric blamed for last week's coup attempt.

"The licenses of 21,000 teachers working in privately-run institutions have been cancelled. Tip-offs that these [people] are mostly linked with terrorist activities have been taken into consideration," a ministry official said.

An earlier report from the state-run Anadolu news agency stated the ministry had dismissed 15,200 education personnel.

Meanwhile, Turkey's High Education Board has ordered the resignation of 1,577 deans at all universities – both public and private – across the country, state broadcaster TRT reported. The news caused the Turkish lira to weaken beyond 3 to the US dollar.

In addition, 399 employees of the Ministry of Family and Social Polices were stripped of their responsibilities on Tuesday, and 257 people working at the office of the prime minister were also sacked, Anadolu reported.

erdogan is using the coup as a chance to clear the field of anyone who opposes him
he even provoked the us
many people who analyse the coup theorise that it was created or manipulated by erdogan
politico.eu/article/erdogans-reichstag-fire-turkey-coup-attempt/

the plotters threw thousands of clueless conscripts to the dogs to try and seize power for themselves - absolutely laughable that people on here "support" it

Erdogan's shit, Gulen's even worse. Even HDP came out against the coup.

Resist the purges but don't support military dictatorship.

I think Wikileaks was supposed to leak documents regarding Erdogan today?

Has anyone got them yet? I heard that there were attacks againist the site.

wikileaks.org/akp-emails/