Let's brag and argue about our autistic choices

Let's brag and argue about our autistic choices.

Remember knowing how to do a hello world != knowing a language. It means actually being able to make something half decent with it.

Various lightweight Linux distributions.
Various lightweight window managers.
Tor Browser, hence my inability to post an image. Unless Holla Forums went back to allowing images from Tor posters.
I've written more lines of code in C and Ruby, but I've written more actually useful software in Python. Also shell scripts, I suppose.
vim, vi
I try to avoid MS Orifice formats whenever possible, but libreoffice when I can't avoid it. I use latex for producing my own documents, usually.
I don't do much image editing anymore.
mpd
mpv
Currently several external HDDs. No special software. I'm looking for a better system, though. Irreplaceable, valuable data is stored encrypted on DVD, with a copy at home and a copy in my safe deposit box.

this criteria is retarded, you can make a half decent program in any language short of malboge without spending more than a few weeks learning the language. my list would include at least these languages since i can "make a half decent program" in any of them
java,c,haskell,x86 assembly,perl,python,ruby,scheme,sml,ocaml,go,c#,php,js,vb

Do you know what else is retarded? Not knowing the difference between the singular and plural forms of the word criterion.

OUT

/thread

fish > zsh

Arch / Gentoo
i3
ungoogled chromium
C/C++, Python, Haskell, x86 asm
vim, occasionally mousepad or nano
LaTeX or libreoffice
GIMP, pinta for quick crops
mpd
mpv
syncthing, NAS

Debian
LXDE
IceCat
C++ (learning)
Leafpad or emacs.
LibreOffice
Krita
Audacious
MPV or VLC
USB drive

Pic related, my wallpaper.

Why did you even bother replying?

Linux
I run all my electronics on clean energy.
opera
English
utf-8
I work in a cubicle
Nvidea
rock
Youtube
google drive

Here is your (You)

shit taste

good taste

ok taste

What font was used for the header text?

absolute shit /g/-tier thread, you need to go back
>>>/g/

I noted in my post why I didn't do mine as an image.

Learn to read.

this here is some autism. and i mean literal autisim here, im not complementing you. it's just useless pedantry and only half correct in the first place

Not bothered with a backup as I don't have anything too important on my PC.

Hate me, autists.

ok. now what

try
{
YourLife.Close();
}
catch (Exception pussy)
{
MessageBox.Show("you failed to an hero because "+pussy.Message);
return;
}

enlightened

enlightened
besides scheme, i use other lispy languages with inelegantly shoehorned pointers and inline asm for C functionality
i don't use bash etc, modified version of scsh (scheme shell) instead

why

BSDs, 9front
rio on 9front, cwm on OpenBSD, and text-based on everything else
Mothra/abaco on 9front, Dillo on OpenBSD
C
Sam, acme, ed
LaTeX
GIMP on OpenBSD
audio/oggdec /dev/audio
I don't see the point
I don't really have any "sensitive information" on my computer. If something is important to me, I will have it in paper.

is this OK?

Has anyone ever told you that you are a living meme? An autistic, beautiful living meme.

r8 me fam

Nice taste, user.

Ubuntu
i3
Firefox
Common Lisp (SBCL)
Emacs
Emacs
GIMP
Emacs/MPlayer
mpv
1TB WD Blue

Not even hatred, I just pity the fact that all over you brown people conflate obscure software with quality.

NixOS
i3wm
SJWFox Nightly
JS at home, fucking PHP at work
Vim ofcourse
LibreOffice, although I don't use it that much
Gimp for making terrible OC
mocp terminal music player
mpv for chinese cartoons since you can easily reposition the subtitles on the fly, vlc for everything else.
Syncthing running on my own server

Environment: i3
Browser: chromium or (right now) TOR browser
Language: en_US
Text: Vim
Office: LibreOffice
Graphics: Gimp
Music: mplayer
Video: mplayer
backup: rsync

SmartOS reporting in!
Y'all don't even got Zones! Illumos masterrace!
I'm not proud or happy that the Node.js cancer also belongs to Joyent.

Such a meme operating system. Systrace isn't secure, doesn't have jailing, virtualization is shit. It's a well coded base system lacking higher level protections to put your buggy-ass web app on.
Teenagers restart Loonix every other day (Why do you think systemd auto-restarts a failed daemon? It's the ideology of Loonix!). Real men get to work with a real UNIX SunOS.

stable or unstable?

I installed NixOS yesterday and I have no idea what I'm doing. But my system.stateVersion points to 17.03. Currently struggling a bit to get used to the declarative way of doing things.

Arch on laptops, Debian and OpenBSD on servers
GNOME
Firefox Nightly
Vim, Emacs+Spacemacs
Libreoffice on the rare occasions I actually need to use an orifice sweet.
GIMP
mpd
mpv
Syncthing backing up to large mdadm arrays

arch
i3-gaps
icecat, tor
python
vim
libreoffice
pinta
cmus
mpv
1tb hdd

Hi

FreeBSD
Windowmaker
links -g or whatever fork of mozilla sounds interesting that day
I don't really bother
Whatever
Libreoffice
Krita if I'm using my x61t
....winamp in wine mplayer if i'm on one of my older machines like my 600 or solo5300, Same goes for video
Whatever I drudge up from the recycling center and clears health tests. 5tb raid built from thrown away data servers. Still hoping there going to drop off tape drives one day.

Windows 10
so important
Microsoft Edge
English
utf-8
Word 2017
Intel IGP
Windows Media Player
Windows Media Player
Ask Cortana

Get yourself notepadqq, otherwise my nigga

I've been liking links more and more lately.

Yeah, I tried it but it's so complicated to get over the learning curve as a beginner that I give up.

Mageia
IceWM
Firefox
Perl, OCaml, C
Emacs
Emacs
If I knew how to graphics I'd use the template
A tab open in Youtube because I'm a lazy fuck
Clementine otherwise
See above
SBC connected to a hard drive accessible within the home network

I lol'd

Puppy Linux, thinking of going into slackware
dwm
palemoon
C, C++, Python, now learning assembler. Basic scheme and haskell.
GNU emacs
I just do shit in LaTeX and compile it
sometimes I use mtpaint
VLC
An institutional git server for actually important shit, a HDD for meaningful shit (photos of my pets, etc.), the rest can get deleted and I can't care enough.

Wouldn't LaTeX be a "language"

Arch Linux as host OS and Windows 10 in a VM with GPU passthrough for specific games and compatibility reasons only.
Gentoo sounds tempting to try in a VM sometime but I have already settled with arch on bare metal and don't want to spend too much time fiddling with the OS itself.
i3+Xfce goodies might switch to wayland once that matures and a solid replacement for i3 exists. Found a few so far like sway and way-cooler but they all had their fair share of issues.
Firefox is good enough for me, might switch to quteBrowser later on if chrome extensions are ever supported so I can use uMatrix since messing with hosts file is not as intuitive. Being able to access links using keyboard tokens seems like a nice feature to have there is one Firefox extension that allows you to do that but it is slow.
C, C++, some basic assembly on 8bit Atmel MCUs, Java, Python, tiny amount of C# from messing around in space engineers programmable block scripts, scripting in Matlab.
Not sure if VHDL counts its a hardware description language.
Mousepad and nano for now, I have barely gone through the emacs and vim tutorials in the past. I should revisit one of them sometime since they get a lot of praise as far as productivity is concerned.
I am familiar with using a text editor and cli to compile C projects, still use Eclipse IDE for most programming related tasks as it is simpler and more convenient out of the box with minimal configuration.
LibreOffice
Not big on graphics, found KolourPaint to be the easiest to grasp for simple edits.
Might try to learn how to use Gimp and Blender at a basic level sometime.
Clementine and mpv+ytdl
mpv+ytdl
Haven't edited video beyond using ffmpeg to convert small snippets into webm format would be handy to find a decent tool for such a task in case I need it in the future.
Custom rsync script, backup is automated and performed on a daily basis. All snapshots and associated logs are Stored on an unmounted hard drive that is automatically mounted when required In the rare case that I do something incredibly stupid as root.

GNU/emacs/linux

grey bookmarks folders in Firefox 56

they are trying everything to make people stop using bookmarks and use (((search engines))) instead

well, this is the end
RIP Firefox

patrician

nice try nsa

SmartOS
SmartOS
w3m
Ada
vi
vim
aalib
/dev/null
aalib
ZFS BABY!

Just think of the debugging power, sandboxing, and fault tolerance you'd have with EMACS/Illumos. You'd have DTrace, Zones + Crossbow, and ZFS!

Apparently I can't into Gimp. the icons are black and white.

idk what the editor is but it looks shit too

i r8 b8

Debian
XFCE
Waterfox
C
Mousepad, Geany
Never use it but LibreOffice
GIMP
cmus
mpv
some 3TB Toshiba external hard drive.

Ended up going with PC-BSD myself mainly for the better nvidia support.

MacOSX 12
Aqua.
Tor Browser, ungoogled-chromium
Js, nodejs, sh.
neovim, atom
MS Office Online
Adobe Photoshop CC 2017, Sketch
iTunes/IINA
IINA
No special software.

Void
i3
QuteBrowser, Tor Browser
C, Shell scripts
Vi
Libreoffice
Gimp
Cmus
MPV
2TB hdd (overkill for my backup needs, but oh well)

Choose Elegance.