In what order will these corps die?

In what order will these corps die?

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/technology/2014/jan/22/facebook-princeton-researchers-infectious-disease
archive.fo/QXxjU
web.archive.org/web/20170713215749/http://www.cnbc.com/2017/07/10/chinas-xiaomi-plans-to-flood-the-world-with-2000-stores-within-three-years.html
blog.jim.com/global-warming/holiness-and-corporate-performance/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The only one I can see dying is Faceberg because it used to be a platform for kids to talk about shit while their parents weren't watching and it will suffer the same downward spiral of destruction once the censorship inevitably gets too far, much like we're seeing with twatter. Obviously, they could start a trend that forces you to have some sort of social media life "passport" mandatory by 90% of the companies to stay afloat, but hopefully that's just a dystopian future.
None of the other three will die though. At most, Apple will just downsize if the bubble will burst too hard. The other two are just too ubiquitous to leave, unless some alternative comes that is invaluably better than the both of them.

It won't. They're too big to fail.

It's already dying, see pic related.
It's a matter of time. The Kike Mark might have realised this and probably will try to diversify its investments expanding in another sector, probably ads.
People are starting to use it and its services a little less, which could generate a trend and space for competition, which in fact it is. But by these means, it would take almost a decade for it to die, and it wouldn't die completely, only, again, change its business to something else like Facebook.
It has massive amounts of hard money, not necessarily from investment, which could hold the company alive for years even if it stopped making any kind of profit. But it has serious problems in the long run: It relied on "fashion" tactics to boom, and now Apple stopped being that entirely, only retaining this status within niches. It doesn't have good services, like Google for instance and its OS, both on desktop and mobile are not selling points at all.
It'll probably never die, it will go the IBM way, the Google way, whatever it takes. It currently is in its most shitty state, market-wise and product-quality-compared-to-the-competition-wise, but still is a huge hegemony.

Forgot to say:
It also faces the risk of being ripped apart into several small companies by the government. Nothing official for now, just a generalized concern everywhere.

What order will they die? Probably Facebook first but as others have said "too big to fail" means they have more than enough headroom to catch their fall once the Social Media bubble pops. Apple could topple as well. I actually see Microsoft doing okay. As their pajeet CEO said, the company needs to express permanence. They're adopting open source technology for that very reason, to give themselves leeway to become the next Red Hat

Now if you wanted to ask me what company SHOULD die first, Google obviously, Facebook second, Microsoft third. As much as I hate Apple and their products with a passion, you do have to give them credit for holding their shit to a higher standard.

correlation =/= causation

Penis =/= Vagina

ebin

Why should I when you stated the obvious? That's a correlation graph, the study it accompanies says why: the young generation, generation Z, simply don't want anything to do with Facebook, they see it as being cheesy and where "old farts" (like their parents and grandparents) are.
But yeah, you're still full of shit, low-effort retard.

just beacuse myspace died doesnt mean that facebook is going to die. anyone who's taken even a basic stat class would understand that.

It has nothing to do with Myspace. You got it all wrong.

This is why snapchat became so popular. When grandma and grandpa get on your social network it aint cool anymore. Time to leave the boomerbook.

Of course nobody knows the future, but based on data about dying social networks, we can predict that Facebook will die in the following years. It might take as much as a decade, but the conclusion will be the same.

Social networks tend to need to be "trendy" and new to gain people. Facebook is right now the de facto social network and people are starting to get bored of it. They are very slowly migrating into other places.

The only one I would say is truly too big to fail right now is Microsoft. Facebook could be replaced easily; it would be no disaster if it went under. Apple failing would be big, but I doubt the repercussions would reach all that far. And Google is growing its tentacles and is so ubiquitous that it's getting there, but I still don't think it's entirely irreplaceable either. But there's so many governments and businesses that rely on Microsoft that right now it is too big to let fail. I could easily imagine them getting government aid if they started collapsing. Of course, the fact that enough people are using it to make it too big to fail also means that it's unlikely to fail.

What about Twitter?

Already dead, shareholders are keeping it in comatose.

All these companies except apple are too wide spread to start dying any time soon. And apple seems pretty sturdy.
People expect Facebook to not be trendy anymore, but frankly it's no longer a "trendy place" to hang out with friends. It is the place. They might find a new trendy place to hang out on, but they'll still have a Facebook. Facebook might be changing and is no longer "hip", but it's not close to dying. It's already well established as a social media network, and while it might have changed it's not dying. Plus Facebook is more than just "Facebook". Instagram,

This is somewhat anecdotal, but people in my high school used to say Tumblr would replace Facebook, and look how that's turned out (Facebook isn't spell-checked, Tumblr is). There are also articles like these: theguardian.com/technology/2014/jan/22/facebook-princeton-researchers-infectious-disease

The issue with that is the bigger you are, the more inefficient you become. Even if you have a million code monkeys, it just takes one good business model run by a guy with an unorthodox vision to crash your shit. Google will buy out such technologies for a long time, but it won't last forever. If a flight company in the 70s/80s can be destroyed by a single change in laws allowing smaller flights to route to major cities, a single tech company that's autistic about not selling out to google could crash Google's whole market in a domino effect down the line.

tl;dr- there's no such thing as "too big to fail." The bigger they are, the easier they fail.

Sun.

Apple is the only one of them that's ever come close to bankruptcy, hence why they're so paranoid about having a trillion dollars in the bank. They would really need to fuck something up.

That's not what the phrase means. "To big to fail" originally meant "too big to be allowed to fail", because a TBTF firm collapsing would topple entire nations' financial systems, and so they have to be propped up even if they would have died on their own.

First - facebook's facebook business (the company will still get money from other investments though)
Second - google
Both of these's primary income source are ads, and ads will crash soon (unrelated to adnauseam but just the fact that people have grown desensitized to them or block them outright)
Third - microsoft. They're not innovating at all, people aren't updating to w10. They can't scale down efficiently, it's too monolithic. Their income source if mostly businesses/education buying windows VL's.
Fourth - apple. They have a future ahead, and they're reasonably well diversified. If the recession hits they can just dump stuff without it having any significant effect on anything else, they also have large amounts of cash on hand.

What's the big jump? Care to provide an updated one?

None of these are TBTF in that definition.

With one nuke, we can process all of Silicon Valley in parallel

Facebook -> Microsoft -> Apple -> google

Faceberg's buying up everything it can, Microsoft is switching gears to a different business model, and Google will only go bust if advertising money on the web goes bust. (And it won't happen fast enough that they can't weasel out into new markets.)

I don't think even Apple knows what it's doing anymore. It's a Steve Jobs cargo cult. There are no ground-breaking or game-changing new features in their products. All they do is make them bigger, or thinner, or sexier, or more bloated with useless shit. Their business is dependent on whether or not they can stay in vogue as a fashion accessory, and that is a very fickle thing.

They only have it so long as they give the illusion that they're company is still worth it. Tim Cook will fuck this up in due time, he's a piss poor persuader.

Currently, MS is weakening, might be the first to go. Facebook is a probable #2. Then Apple.

Google isn't going anywhere unless the US government does something, and they better before Google takes over the government.

All Social media sites die.

Apple is starting to become not hip to buy.

Google has a better chance of becoming the next IBM.

Google first. It's infested by communists who are overplaying their hand. It'll either get split up by the US government, or just suddenly implode without anybody seeing it coming.

Facebook next. They'll slowly bleed out. Their users are already leaving, advertisers will follow the users, investors will follow the advertisers.

Microsoft and Apple will stick around forever. Just like IBM or GE.

That might be the reason why they are running half a decade behind other smartphone companies... except for their A11 chip

Augmented reality is their main focus, they just can't figure out how to create AR glasses to make it actually useful.

I think we're all in agreement, Facebook will go first. It's just not very attractive anymore.

I still remember being an early adopter, and convincing my friends to use it.

Apple will survive but go back to being a niche market, they're going the GE route with all their cash and investments.

Facebook is toast, MSFT will keep moving into "ez-mode business solutions" for smaller scales like how IBM takes big jobs, jewgle is going to die during the next stock market crash, as everyone and his mother is pulling online ad funding (another reason why facebook is done).

My guess on the next big companies:
Samsung (with LG in their shadow)
Softbank (they have been making some crazy purchases)

I'm super interested in what Softbank might be up to these days and in the future.

Why samsung?

I believe they are building their own mobile operating system and ditch android.

The question isn't when will Microsoft die, the question is when will Linux stop being autistic and become more user friendly for people who don't like to type shit into the terminal all the time.

Spot on analysis, but
No, probably Xiaomi. Samsung's brand is ruined after N7 battery issues, LG is not really relevant. Xiaomi is expanding rapidly, and they already have the advantage of the Chinese market.

This is the real reason anti-trust is gaining traction against Google. It is the same reason the Rockefeller's got anti-trust slapped against them. Not because
Otherwise Microsoft would have been broken up in the 90s. Microsoft is not trying to take over the government or wield influence like Google is.

This meme is what keeps Linux from adoption. The fact is, if you use Ubuntu or Fedora, you don't have to touch a single terminal to do what a normalfag does daily. However the majority of people know Linux as "this complicated thing that hackers use".

I fail to see how? their safety tests of their batteries probably are the best of anyone now, cause they know if it happens again they are totally screwed.

archive.fo/QXxjU

It's also a stale meme that as you correctly pointed out, has not been true for quite a while.

Update your b8 m8. There are *buntu based and debian based distros that caters to newfriends that does not require any typing into terminal all the time. Xubuntu, Linux Lite, Zorin, MX-16.

The fuck happened with LG? I was let down by them once when an otherwise great IPS monitor I had from them delaminated after a year. But every other stuff I had from them seems to be ok so far. Though I have not looked at their lineup lately.
Some of their laptop offerings looks interesting, I wonder if they'll ever try to get into the N.American market in an official way.

But they used to have an even stronger position, now they're just one brand among many so I fail to see how they would dominate the market like Apple.

They have some "Xiaomi stores" (like apple stores), I think there's one in California.

I dunno mang, that might be true compared to Google but it might not be for lack of trying. Probably more to do with MS incompetence at that level of the game.

Ah you were talking about dominating not going bankrupt. Yeah I agree they probably won't dominate anything soon.

Well sheeit, reading up on them they do seem to have plans for expanding.
web.archive.org/web/20170713215749/http://www.cnbc.com/2017/07/10/chinas-xiaomi-plans-to-flood-the-world-with-2000-stores-within-three-years.html

Apple spins up its cyclotronical antigrav by having all employees simultaneously max out their psionic prostate stimulators in their stimpods. As the gaping station leaves the gravitationally confined earthly surface, the stimulators begin to expand in what is about to be a catastrophic failure scenario. You see, the engineers at Apple failed to account for the psionic stimulators expanding due to altitude. As the employees sit on their psionic prostate stimulators in their private pods, they realize, one by one, that they are now unable to move. The gaping station is now hurtling at 5,000 km/h in low earth orbit. The apple employees are complely immobile due to the enormous psionic prostate stimulators which have expanded to fill their entire anal cavity and colons. The widespread panic feeds the psionic control system with fear and the station begins to rotate clockwise on its axis as it hurtles through low earth orbit. After a week, there is nothing but fear aboard the gaping station. The rotation accelerates. After a week, the former Apple Headquarters is spinning at 1% of the speed of light.

The entire US Military, NASA, and Spacex have formed a temporary coalition to protect against the catastrophically out of control space station. NASA provides a detailed trajectory on its website of where to spot the gaping station at any given time of day. Spacex proposes to build a craft to dock with it and counter the clockwise acceleration with counterclockwise pointing rockets. The US Air Force takes the hands-on approach and launches a LGM-30 Minuteman with 3 nuclear warheads directly at it.

This of course took over 3 months of bureaucracy and red tape to get approved, so by now the gaping station is hurtling around the world at 15,000 km/h in low-earth orbit while simultaneously spinning clockwise on its axis at 90% the speed of light. Most of the employees are long dead, their lifeless bodies engorged by the enormous psionic stimulators which have ruptured their internal organs. The remaining few are still hanging on life support with feeding tubes.

The Minuteman nears its mark, ready to flash the grotesque terror out of its sorrowful misery with the starlight of fusion. It's directly lined up and is primed to detonate as soon as it passes through the gaping station. As it approaches, the relativistic clockwise spinning pulls the missile directly into the center of the gaping station. Communications with the Air Force are lost immediately.

The one remaining employee, Steve Jobs' head with a brand new clone body, embraces the psionic stimulator one final time. He directs the three warheads to Palo Alto, California, Mountain View, California, and Redmond, Washington. The warheads are launched at 99% the speed of light towards their destinations, causing degrees of magnitude more damage than if they were simply to detonate. The Earth shatters into fragments as the relativistic hunks of steel pierce through it like bullets through flesh. Jobs manages to escape his psionic stimulator by deflating it with a hunting knife from his abdomen. He is the last one alive on this damn gaping station. He directs the former Apple headquarters to dock at its home station, which it does, while rotating at 90% the speed of light. The Earth, and also that wretched gaping station, disintegrate immediately upon impact.

I can't get myself to buy a phone that have names like those. Too many vowels and numbers.

Oukitel?

They will simultaneously when Kim's H-bombs of peace shine their heavenly lights upon the Earth.

-Facebook, if Clinton Zuck 2020 bid becomes real it might be hilarious to see. It'd be great to see them both on stage. Zuck going full lizard people during a debate and Killary finally shitting herself live on camera.

-MS, probably won't completely die off. Though has anyone here seen any businesses that uses W10? The ones that I see use windows are usually either on XP or 7. Does W10 Enterprise Education edition have shit like candycrush, windows store in them? If sandy nutella or someone competent in there can remove cortana, the spyware, windows store bullshittery. They might improve their chances. Otherwise their Software as Service strategy looks poor in the consumer area, most of the business I see are either waiting it out with XP and 7, or looking elsewhere. Education market is no longer a lock for MS due to things like Chromebooks.

-Google. Only way I can see it die off is if the CIA niggers decides Alphabet has grown out of their own control.

-Apple. On a downward slope with Tim Cook, no vision and getting tired as fuck. Their shit is getting stale and the chinks might offer some competition. They've been on the brink before though, and there's always that market segment who would pay more to get less. As long as it looks "fashionable".

I'm autistic but how does this monster look fashionable?

you have that ugly bar on the top that will cut of your content hell xiaomi samsung and other near bezel less displays at least were smart enough to keep small bezels that doesn't cut your display on 2 sides.

It has more to do with the fact that Bill Gates already came from a rich banking family.

I had to doublecheck if that is a real pic. Yeah that top bar is fugly.
"Fashionable", with air quotes. The macbook pro model with the touchbar, is gimmicky and I've seen a few macfags recommending to skip buying that model. Doesn't stop other macfags from unironically saying "it's still very advanced, and who cares about ports how many ports do you need anyway". It's a fashion accesory for a lot of that segment.

ha yeah didn't see the air quotes.

talking about gimmicks that macbook touch bar was implemented because they don't know how to add a touchscreen to their macOS?

I would not be surprised if that was what happened.

They don't do it because it's a shit idea. Do you really want another Windows 10-style 'let's cripple the UI for 99% of users to support a few retards'?

Now you got me thinking. I wonder how many applefags will buy a keyboardless laptop that is basically nothing more than an Iphone with only 1 proprietary port, a bigger screen and bigger battery. Priced at double that of a macbook pro.

Not an Ipad pro, but a laptop, where the keyboard would be it would just be a smooth surface with an apple logo on it. It does have a multifunction use though, it's the on and off switch, the home key, it glows as an on off indicator, and everytime the user turns it on it syncs all your apple devices and accounts and asks if you wish to donate to an Apple approved charity.

You got me there.

Facebook will fail due to inability to cope with vast advertising fraud and the increasingly undesirable demographics displacing former core markets (white flight), but by the time that happens Zuckerberg's portfolio of acquisitions will be diversified enough that it'll barely register as a blip on his bottom line.
Microsoft is going to massively cut jobs as they transition into maintenance mode with Windows 10 as their final platform, and then they'll fizzle out over the next 10-20 years like Sun.
Google/Alphabet will continue as a megacorp unless it gets broken up like AT&T in 1982.
Apple isn't a corporation, it's a religion that prints money.

That doesn't apply here

What corps? I only see intellgence agencies there.

I'm actually betting on Google. It has started a path of non-profit with its SJWism.
blog.jim.com/global-warming/holiness-and-corporate-performance/

FACEBOOK WILL GO THE WAY OF MYSPACE EVENTUALLY. IT'S ALL BOTS AND BOOMERS NOW - JUST LIKE TWITTER IS ALL NIGGERS, SJWS, AND BOTS

APPLE IS FAILING TO INNOVATE AND KEEP UP WITH COMPETITION IN THE SMARTPHONE MARKET. THEY'LL LOSE MARKET SHARE BUT HAVE FAT STACKS OF CASH AND ARE UNLIKELY TO GO ANYWHERE - THEY'LL JUST BE LESS RELEVANT.

GOOGLE IS SLOWLY KILLING THEMSELVES, THEIR SHITTY DIVERSITY HIRE DEVS SHIT UP THEIR CODEBASE AND DON'T FORGET THEIR CORE MARKET REMAINS ADVERTISING WHICH IS A DYING MARKET. GOOGLE WILL EITHER CUT THE DIVERSITY SHIT OR THEY'LL SPLINTER INTO MANY COMPANIES, MOST OF THEM WILL FADE TO IRRELEVANCY AS BETTER ALTERNATIVES TAKE THEIR PLACE, SOME, MAYBE EVEN THE CORE OF GOOGLE BOTNET WILL CONTINUE TO EXIST IN SOME CAPACITY. I DON'T SEE ANDROID DISAPPEARING SOON. IF THEY MOVE INTO HARDWARE, WHICH THEY ARE, AND DATA AND COMPUTE SERVICES (LIKE AWS), WHICH THEY ARE, THEY'LL CONTINUE TO EXIST AND ATTRACT NORMIES.

MICROSOFT I SEE AS LEAST LIKELY TO GO ANYWHERE THEY ALWAYS REBRAND THEMSELVES AND MOVE INTO NEW MARKETS, EVEN IF THEY HAVE SHITTY PRODUCTS THEY PLAY THE BUSINESS SIDE SHREWDLY. PLUS THEY HAVE MORE GLOW-IN-THE-DARK CONTRACTS THAN THE OTHERS. NORMIES WON'T LEAVE MS BECAUSE "MUH GAYMES" AND SHORT OF CANCELLED GOVERNMENT CONTRACTS WHICH ARE LIKE A STIPEND, THEY'RE NOT GOING ANYWHERE.

retard

This tbh

Nonetheless I'm also voting for Faceberg, since not only it is boring as fuck but also unusuably bloated and slow. When I needed to use that piece of shit to watch the only available live stream of a local sports event it still relied on flash player.

Apple and Microsoft are here to stay. But the rest are finished.

All of them, at the same time.

You may think whatever your little brain tightly compressed by your gay fedora is capable of, but only one thing is true and is that the fury of God can not be halted forever.

Hah jokes on you faggot, I use nigbuntu and debian.

So you want goggles, the super key, an apple and fedora to die?

shit graph/10

Nice redshit distro.

Hey, would you like to get out sometime, so we can bigbuntu together a little bit?

I'm intrigued but I am in an exclusive and loving relationship with my girlfriend. Don't give up on finding love though user, it's not impossible.

Tbh facebook owns way more than just facebook as social media wont die as easy as you think they own whatsapp wich is atleast on almost every apple phone