Castlevania

welp that was pretty fucking good

honestly. it's not a train wreck and was actually enjoyable. is the curse of video game adaptations broken?

What gives?

3 episodes of "muh church are the REAL baddies!!1!" and 1 of actual Castlevania.
Stronk broken english speaker girl was also a bit cringey.

They wasted way too much time setting things up when they knew it was only a 4 episode season.

There's a good chance the already ordered season 2 will be good though, as long as they pick up the pace a bit.

It's overall good. The violence is good. Very much like Hellsing.

Wish it spent less time trying to make Christianity look evil. Cause you know. Holy water and blessed whips were a thing since the NES.

The blame was all on the corrupted church and bishop, even that demon told him "God is sickened by you" or something like that.

I blame the cucks who trashed Lords of Shadow 2 into failure because the game does have like half-dozen of mediocre stealth sections.

>>>/a/

butthurt Christcuck detected.
>>>/christian/

Got some Cheetoh/Semen paste on the brim of your fedora there Dawkinsfag.

It was pretty nonsensical for them to be evil though. He killed her for being a witch, we're supposed to get the impression that they're backwards dummies for killing her over an untrue myth. Yet, it is revealed that actual witches and demons exist in that universe. So they weren't justified in taking out a potential legitimate threat?

The Church hating science doesn't make any sense from an outside context as a lot of scientific theories and units are named after religious scientists who had the backing of the church, not to mention that the church preserved pagan text and art.

Writer respected the source material despite the source not being blatantly anti-religion, but it looks like he made it unnecessarily edgy/crass while obtaining his research from Reddit and Salon.

Got some Cheetoh/Semen paste on the brim of your fedora there Dawkinsfag. Everyone whose tired of the "CHRISTIANITY IS LITERALLY THE WORST THING EVER" trope must be a Christfag huh?

Their are simply deluded/crazy/stupid, even Belmont mentions it.

My problem with it was how many damn floors keep breaking? There was like floor break after floor brake. The last part EP when they get to the coffin is unbarable. They also had so akward diolage. And the MC is such a bad written character. The fight scenes were pretty okay. I like how it should various of monsters and battles.

I give it a 7.5/10 but it needs a bit less church bashing. The animation was good though and the world building is solid and apparently you can die or lose a eye easy as hell there.

I'm kind of okay with that. Happened too much, sure, but Castlevania is a platformer and no stranger to shifting/falling floors.

Also. I'm fine with awkward melodramatic dialogue. Pic related.

you're understanding it from the wrong perspective, or being obtuse on purpose possibly to bait. You're approaching it from the christianity/bishop/believer's point of view. None of that means shit if you piss off God and abuse power through his word and name. The bible itself makes that clear on plenty of occasions. It was even a commandment -

Therefore Castlevania isn't anti-christian at all, it's anti-blasphemy.

That line is fine, it's the whole thing he had with the speakers like hurr Durr if I find her will you leave? Found her now leave! Durr I hate people and don't really care. Oh I need a drink he also had some really bad alward one liners like that whole pike incident where he trained the line of guys, it was really bad dialouge I feel they really need to rework it. Also the bar fight was a bit wierd

I somewhat agree since the final episode shows that but to confirm it we need to have god have his say or at least the MC speak up for the right Christianity

Maybe there would be an appearance from God, but I don't think it matters. In the bible God is not unknown to continuously test people. Job went through it, Jesus went through it, etc.

Also, before anyone says "but Castlevania is anti-christian cause the speakers use magic!". It's pretty apparent they could just be blessed or speakers might be a tweak on prophets. The girl summons fire, which Elijah did himself in 2 Kings.

I get the writer's intent, to show that Christians are backwards and deluded controlled by a church, but it's still unusual to include that theme in a universe that proves their claims right. How can they be crazy and deluded about witches and demons if actual witches and demons exist in their universe?

It's the same issue that folks had with Inglorious Basterds, but at least that movie was meant to be entertaining. Castlevania was meant to be completely serious.

I can turn my brain off and think about the theme in an outside context, but the theme is untrue as the Church actually supported science. It seems that the writer really wanted his own anti-theist views about Christianity shoehorned in and it doesn't mesh well as a lot of people notice how it doesn't fit.

One thing I'm curious about.

Death is a recurring boss in Castlevania. If he makes an appearance, how does that work? Are they going to kill Death?

Because they are crazy and deluded.

It's on Sorosflix by a progressive writer in the comic book industry, so of course it's going to be anti-Christian.

It's cool that you gave your perspective, but what you're thinking isn't what likely he's thinking at all.

No one is crazy for taking action against a threat proven to be tangible, even if it turns out to be the wrong target.

For example: In the real world, it would be more reasonable to fear an Islamic terrorist than a martian. In Doom, it would be more reasonable to fear a Martian than an Islamic terrorist. In the real world, it would be unreasonable for people to fear witches and demons as they aren't tangible. In Castlevsnia, it would be reasonable to fear witches and demons as they are tangible.

The church on many occasions has been anti-science, and they've also been for. It fluctuates. If your opinion is that God is fine with science, that's all good, but humans fluctuate. God gives them a chance to redeem themselves, or sometimes decides it's not worth it. In the bible God destroys cities, even floods the earth, but other times he's given chances. It's not really my goal to say what God is up to and not cause I have no idea, I'm only human.

But, in the case of Castlevania you see the chance to be redeemed. The people are misguided by the church, which Belmont points out when speaking to the priest whose finger he cut off. The people right then and there had a choice to side with the priest or side with Belmont. My point being that 1) Castlevania is an interpretation so it doesn't really matter and 2) it's not that out of place anyway in comparison to events the bible documents.

I assume your question is why, in Castlevania, is god allowing Dracula to punish others if the witches and demons are real yes? And I don't know. Why did God allow Satan to punish Job? The obvious answer would be to put thier faith under trial.

Nobody here is saying it is anti Christian cause speakers use magic. They really just did show that pretty much all of the priest are evil and hate science, all kinds of it. But in reality they did back science much more than the show gives credit and there actually is witches and demons in this world. While yes they did burn people at the stake but thats all they showed them as blood thirsty to kill heretics.

And like I said here the church on many occasions has been anti-science too.

Nope, they've been consistently pro-science. Take any science course and you'll find that the vast majority of theories and units that are named after religious scientists involved with the church. Heinrich Hertz, Leonhard Euler, Issac Newton, Gregor Mendel, Carl Linnaeus, Pierre Laplace, Voltaire, James Watts, etc come to mind.

Good answer, but I didn't ask that question. You stated that it was abuse of power for him to execute her, but it isn't as he intended to take out a legitimate threat. Considering that witches and demons exist in that universe.

Sure, but clearly the ones in the show weren't, they could've been just a particular case, the typical one that ruins it for everyone.

Are you trying to bait me? You know an obvious contradiction here will be heliocentrism. I will say though that they are more pro-science then people give them credit for, sure, but not always like you're for some reason making up and I don't know why. I do not what point you have to prove. Yes, Copernicus was a cleric, but also yes the inquisition deemed it heretical after Galileo proved Copernicus to be correct. I do not know why you are wanting to make stuff up about their "consistency."

Then I don't understand what you're issue is. Dracula is the one directly punishing them and Dracula can do whatever he wants. As far as God's role in this there's no real answer. It could be taking his name in vain, it could be putting their faith under trial, whatever. It may never be answered in the series as far as I know, but I don't see how that's an issue.

My real complaints about the show would be the architecture of the castle and the music, and also Lisa at the start.
I kno Dracula has been using futuristic technology for its time, but the architecture was always consistent as old-timey, but here you have Tron lines or something that looks like electrical circuits on the carpet or floors.
The music is goddamn generic and repetitive. Oh boy, I'll sure remember that generic 5-note tune that repeats again and again and modern beats !
Also, Lisa. She kills a bat at the start, why? Other fuckload of bats were flying towards other direction, and this one wanted to attack Lisa? Wouldn't Dracula be more angry that she killed a minion even if small as a bat? She also convinced Dracula rather quick. I know it's to avoid waiting for 3 episodes to make a friendship/love bloom, but it still felt very rushed to suddenly give her the science lab.

Oh, and also, Trevor was a bit too sassy at times. I liked that he's an apathetic drunkard, but the sassy moments were a bit ridiculous.

i feel like they're probably going to do flashbacks with that to build up Dracula as a villain, and also his relationship with alucard. Like you said it was probably to avoid having to go through all that at once so they can get to Belmont and shit too. the season already feels like a sort of long pilot episode and they probably didn't want to do too much in case it flopped, but what building blocks they have is pretty good i think.

wait, u nerds watch toons? f*cking TOONS? LMAO! how old are u people? because seriously, my little brother is too old for toons, and hes like 12. as a woman i can tell you, literally no woman wants a toon nerd.

>>>/a/

It's an American show with no Japanese involvement.

Please stop shilling, this is gross.

So animated in America?

It's written by Warren Ellis and produced by a poo.

Some of the animation was done by Americans (surprisingly), but it seems most of the work was handled in Korea.

idk, I thought the first Lords of Shadow was alright while the second one was pretty mediocre. however, maybe with the first season of the series being surprisingly decent and hopefully the second one better it'll give konami a reason to make another game that's either going to be shit or just a digital pachinko machine

I don't like you.
t. Chin Chan

The Pope was initially receptive to Galileo, but later he was punished for directly insulting the Pope in his book called Dialogue Concerning the Two Chief World Systems. It was not because he was "pro-science", but because he subverted authority.

I thought that you knew this, but I guess that people still believe that meme.

Getting real tired of niggers acting like they know something because they read the Wikipedia entry.
Fun fact: Japs specifically hate Christianity and bash it constantly in all their video games.

lol what

Pretty much this.

They don't like Christianity due to the Christian Missionaries that came and fucked up the rural villages. They really fixate on it compared to other religions.

also this is not a Mongolian cartoon also known as anime. This is some form of American cartoon.

which castlevania games are worth playing ? where do i start ?

Release order, skip the most recent 2.

OK, just buy one of the random DS ones and it will be bretty gud

It's an old overused and historically-innacurate trope that we've seen repeatedly in film and primetime cartoons like South Park for decades. To heavily fixate on that trope like they've done in the first season is just silly.

Even the source material wasn't that blatantly anti-theistic.

Fire Emblem 4 rewarded you with HP if you attended mass.

1, 3, and some snes ones. 2 if you patch it.

The rest are metroidvanias which I'm not a big fan of. Just check out SOTN and then onwards if you like that style.

skip 2 unless you're a nip with boundless levels of patience, don't bother with anything on the portable consoles just yet
Super Castlevania
Bloodlines (Genesis)
Symphony of the Night (PS1)
Circle of the Moon (GBA)
Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
Dawn of Sorrow (DS)

Everything else really isn't worth your time unless you become a fan of the series.

>>>/a/

It's not anime. Even if it was, anime is fully allowed here.

how many niggers did they force into it?

This is the weird thing there are no nignogs around but there are some pakis or indian.

LOL. The only anime in this is the…. animation/art style , which is actually strikingly good.

I don't allow cuckime here.

Goes on /a/.

Why does it go on /a/ when it isn't anime? You could at least say Holla Forums instead.

Still no power here, sudocuck.

Lmao you're not going to pin this on sudocuck, cuckime pro.

t. sudocuck

Spoken like a shitspammer.

So is alucard really against dracula in the games ?

Yes in SOTN

Doesn't he drink blood like most vampires ? How would belmot tolerate him at all ?

Also Castlevania 3. It's the game Trevor and Sypha is from too.

Thank this man. Creator of Red, which the movie was based on, writer of Iron Man Extremis (which much of the iron man movie lore is based on), The Authority (the book which pretty much reinvented modern superhero comics) and Transmetropolitan which was just fucking good.

Superhero comics are shit, so I guess he reinvented shit

What did he mean by this?

Justice League, only edgy, with lots of drugs and orgies
Hunter S. Thompson: the Comic Book
Warren Ellis is a hack.

I hate how every fucking normie out there is praising this show like it's some masterpiece of animation. This is barely 6/10, what the fuck? They couldn't even give the MC a good personality.

What did he mean by this?
He just wanted a kiss.

Get fucked.

The tv and movie adaptations only start when video game franchises are on their death bed, not sure why.

Eh, Belmont ordered one of the priests to make holy water which worked against the demons.
I sense that sooner or later we're going to have a battlepriest character joining the crew and you can bet your ass that's going to be some kind of protestant liberal priest becouse as you know all catholics are pure evil.

I don't understand how that disproves my point? There is no authority but God's and thus made it anti-science. It is odd that you claim I fell for "that meme" when you try to combat it with the Pope Meme.

it's like they don't understand that the Pope is the head of the church and deeming heliocentrism heretical cause the pope's feefees were hurt means the church was anti-science

He's a gentleman and of course asks permission

Trevor reminded me of a certain anime protagonist but I could not figure out which one. Any idea who would fit?

It wasn't anti-science because it wasn't done for an anti-science motive, especially when you consider the fact that the Pope was willing to listen to his claims. It was anti-rebellion.

Even then, he just got house arrest.

Sure thing, Catholicuck.

why are you being facetious? The church even went as far as "correcting" De revolutionibus by Copernicus and the original version was in the Librorum Prohibitorum along with Kepler's Epitome Astronomiae Copernicanae.

He didn't quash inquiry, he quashed dissent. That dissent was how he personally insulted the Pope by having a idiotic character recite his lines. Not because the Pope disagreed with him.

Comic book writers aren't good writers in comparison to public domain literature authors because they have a tendency to shoehorn their theme by having a lot of two-dimensional flat antagonists akin to a fairy tale. "X GUYS KILL/RAPE/BEAT/[DO HORRIBLE THINGS TO] Y PERSON, THEREFORE X PERSON/GROUP/IDEOLOGY IS BAAAAD" is not very mature or original storytelling.

It's why the medium has a lot of SJWs who think that, from their perspective, that the right-wing is being "bad" for the sake of being bad. They cannot discern blatant sarcasm from sincere statements because they assume that their cartoony depiction of "evil" represents reality. They cannot discern that the opposing side has good reasons to strongly believe what they believe in. They narrowmindly stick with one side and assume that they're objectively good.

The only popular exception to that was Watchmen because a lot of the morality was grey. Both heroes and villains had good reasons to perform the actions they did as opposed to "HAHA I ARBITRARILY HATE X AND I WANNA BE A POWERFUL DICK FUCK YOU ALL".

I haven't watched this, but standards are different in America. Shows like this are very rarely made. So even if it's not very good, it seems better than it is because the competition is stuff like Steven Universe. Story-driven fantasy action adventures are a dime a dozen in Japan.

Just watched 3 episodes. Are the Speakers supposed to be like Jews or something?

Doesn't Berserk essentially start the exact same way, in a tavern like that?

Orphen?

They even show in the final episode that there was good priests among the bishop's ranks. That guy is really reaching to see it as anti-religion propaganda.

That's the problem with some religious people, if you portray anyone related to their fate as nothing but supreme good guys who can do no wrong, then you're anti-religion.

The castle was pretty faithful to the games. It is supposed to be a living strucute, like a constantly mutating labyrinth.

I don't take issue with bad Christians. There were plenty of former bad and good Christians in the Bible like Moses, David, and Solomon.

What I take issue with is that they're going to portray the alternative "good Christianity" as a progressive pro-LGBT and pro-feminist organization. They wouldn't be courageous enough to do the opposite as they would get a lot of flak from the producers that fund them.

user…

If it helps, they weren't fully good individuals, but Christians still admired them.

I think he wanted a kiss and because he didn't get it, he ate him.

no he didnt im pretty sure he turn him into a "mini boss" later on if they do more seasons

It's not even anti-Christian, just anti-Church if more than anything, which would make this a Protestant anime

Never watched Berserk plan to watch it this days
I will go for the old series ofc but its the new one continue the story or its just different take on it is it worth watching after finish original ?

I don't know which I watched. The newer one I believe.

The new anime is sequel to the movies. If you wanna watch it, go for the Blu-Ray version, which is uncensored and looks better.

All the anime adaptations of Berserk are garbage, read the manga instead
The first one has way too many fucking stills and the newest one has such laughable 3DCG like you wouldn't even imagine. Only the movies are really worth the effort, mostly because of the music

dont like reading manga also have too many western comics to read already

im a sucker for 80-90s hand drawn anime so i will go with the old movies series

That bunny is accurate though. They have no facial muscles to express emotion.

I swear I've seen that face somewhere before

You cant blame anyone but the retarded director that fucked the game and tried to make it more childish. The people developing that game clearly wanted to remake SotN and he fucked it all up.

Never seen it is it good?

I was thinking more the drunk bad ass that learns to take responsibility and fight. Maybe I am just mixing protagonists together

Protestants have churches

i saw better Anime shows, better story and all that shit. It's ok~ish but thats it, nothing special.

agree its pretty medicore

It isn't good by show standards, but it's goddamn amazing by "video game adaptation" standards. Name a good adaptation as faithful to its source material not named Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie. Protip: you can't

There's tons of anime based on (non visual novel) games and many of them should be faithful. They're always games I haven't played, but a game is like any other source material in Japan.

into the trash

Who cares if it's "fake anime" or from netflix. It's written by fucking Warren Ellis. Good writers make good shit and this is good shit.

into the >>>/reddit/ you go

Sounds to me like you'd be happier in a place where people could say "upvote" and "downvote" things so that way ideas you dislike would never pop up at you.

It's a fantasy trope.

That's not uncommon. Keys are done domestically and then sent to Asian companies to do inbetweens.

Kawajiri is a big influence.

Pretty sure Konami will revive the games now that they got rid of Kojimbo and his expensive as fuck movies

glad your kind is dying off

Calm down Phil. Just because you suck at video games doesn't make Kojima bad.

If by games you mean pachinko.

There are people here who think fucking Warren Ellis is a good writer? Were they dropped on the head as infants?

Kojima managed to kill two great game series owing to his ego, and wanting to spend a shitload of money on a game series known for not being big on sales.

>>>Holla Forums

Exercise in futility, user. I have made my wishes on this matter clear when I ignore the reports on anime and cartoon threads.

Stop.

>>>Holla Forums

Also >>>Holla Forums then kys.

Pro tip You aren't

>tranny kike loving (((western))) cuckmic reader thinks he's anything
Pro tip: >>>Holla Forums
>>>/ovens/

Pro tip: You and Holla Forumsmblr are equivalent in shit taste

Burn it.

It doesn't mean that the church is the same as the one in our world.

They are user!

And so that makes you view Konami as completely blameless even though they handed him the money knowing the series under-performed? Konami killed two great game series and even more, blaming Kojima is hilariously misplaced.