Surprisingly Good Films

Just finished watching this. Came in with really low expectations but enjoyed it.
Any movies you recently seen that were surprisingly good?

I watched this a few months back but it's called the Lost City of Z. We had a thread about it here once. The film was pretty good. Never felt bored, pacing was fine.

Everything that has a rotten tomatoes rating.

o shit nigga

I agree. It was unique as well.

i read the book and enjoyed it. I forgot they made a film, i'll put it on my list.

Thats every single film

even Daisy's Destruction?

No, I mean "rotten" rating.

I know but you said rotten tomatoes rating, instead of rotten rotten tomatoes rating.

Also plenty of films that get fresh ratings in the 60-70s are kino

no

Tim burton hasnt done anything new in awhile. Is it the same shit he does in every movie?

is this bait?

>>>/reddit/

So you agree that there are 6 films that are kino in the 60s and 70s, okay

>still here an not back at >>>/reddit/

I agree that you're a normalfag

Did you like those films? What if I agreed that Sleepy Hollow was bait because we are in a Tim Burton thread. And Munich was definitely bait.

Those other films*

Unironically this, not even memeing.

only american animals would wear shoes inside the house

They're limeys you retard.

Think I made that thread but it never gained any interest. Solid movie.

Sonic isn't an animal, he's a toilet.

that's great. really, your dad must be so proud of you.

I gracefully accept your admission of defeat.

I didnt even notice it was a Tim Burton film until the credits.

foreigners everyone

They're British.

Being turned into a toilet is legitimately my single greatest nightmare.

you have shit taste.

Back to reddit

make me, faggot

There's only 1 nigger in the film and he's the villain.

I remember this getting shit on for not having fucking minorities in it and Tim Burton basically said fuck off

need to see this movie

I don't care if it's good.

Tim Burton should apologize first for what he did to Alice in Wonderland before I watch anything of him again.

Indeed, it doesn't. Munich is about how neither Israel, nor any sovereign country should deceive itself and its society with the illusion of being a "light among nations", a constructive and somewhat benevolent entity operating in a defined and regulated field of politics, but shall appear as the sword of vengeance whenever the existence of its people is at stake. It's about the descent into the dimension of supra-conventionality, where the mores governing conventional life and warfare are void, and where the only valid and meaningful action against terrorists, the enemies of all mankind is physical pest control. It’s a political drama about how there can be no objective moral justification to taking away a human life, yet no genuine human association can exist without the willingness of its members to sacrifice not only their lives, but their concept of humanity in order to preserve their way of life in an existential clash against another group of humans highly diverging in culture, tactics and organization. Ultimately, it’s the human drama of how imperfect, calculating and conditional both the love and the wrath of a man is compared to that of God.

Munich is pure kino, and is the great right-wing Western epic of our times. A post-9/11 American society, unwilling to recognize the intensity, the extense and the potential of the conflict it engaged in perverted its message, precisely because throughout history it became dependent on justifying its military actions through moral terms grounded in conventionality. Jews are not terrorists, but a people blessed by history through innumerable suffering so that they have the determination to endure as long as the human race exists. If you understand Munich you'll also understand the meaning and significance of Trump's speech in Warsaw, and the reason why the frog demon told you to dehumanize yourselves and face to bloodshed.

Now there's a quality post if I've ever seen one

I found this movie good in the same way Zoolander is funny. So retarded you laugh. And pretty good from otherwise pozzed SNL.

I know its kino lad thats all you had to say

>>>/oven/

the sex scene in that made me laugh so fucking hard, how they set it up,

are you 14?

I read it too for some reason.

Based.

And the scene where the freaks are eating children's eyeballs, that was pretty hardcore for PG-13 fantasy shit.

He made up for it with the sequel, it was much better.