Anyone here have a SO account with high rep?

Anyone here have a SO account with high rep?
Curious if there are people on Holla Forums that are actually smart.

Other urls found in this thread:

interpersonal.stackexchange.com/posts/2801/revisions
archive.fo/2017.08.31-065038/https://interpersonal.stackexchange.com/posts/2801/revisions
interpersonal.stackexchange.com/users/2135/peufeu
archive.fo/2017.08.31-065201/https://interpersonal.stackexchange.com/users/2135/peufeu
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

People with high SO rep generally fall into these categories:
- Fuckers who got lucky and made/answered what turned out to be a popular question
- Circlejerking LARPers
- Tryhards that answer everything even if they have no idea what they're talking about

SO rep != (((smartness)))

What is this?

t. 57 Bronze account

Smart people use or publish official documentation and books/papers. But then again, sometimes you have to deal with shitty library with horrible documentation so you search like an idiot and find an answer in comments of SO post.

4k+ here

Got 800 reputation... On UX.se.

Can you give me some tips on what to look out for when designing a UI for retards?

I think I have one point of rep on my SO account.

It's kinda hard to gather rep on that site when you just fucking google everything, instead of asking the same question for the thousandth time.

I had one with like 5k the first year it was opened, then I noped the fuck out when I saw all of what said was happening (and more - they should rename the site to Stack Ranking)

Some broad ideas:
I could go on. It all seems obvious and slightly inane at the forefront, but it's about being mindful of all this stuff at every step of the way. If you have a good feel for proportionality, can think about what you're doing and are empathetic to your users, you should do OK.

Most of the good wins at UX.SE are down to finding intuitive ways to address new problems and fields, and pointing out how an OP may have missed something kind of obvious in retrospect.

A great way to get rep is to do chumpy shit like do the onboarding (fill profile, etc) and edit shitty new questions. The latter is pretty easy and nets you points reliably. Then when you have a feel for the community, ask a carefully crafted question for points or try your hand at answering. Answers are a mixed bag though. Prepare to cite claims and get legal with your wording depending on where you are because SE is overflowing with armchair experts and professional bureaucrats.

cuck overflow

Yeah nah you're a cunt.

i have 250K rep but i am nopt sm art

I am a mod on stack exchange and I fucking hate every second of it. Want to know a secret? You can get huge amounts of rep by just making what you write over complicated. When someone asks about an unexpected behavior of a function, some fuck gives a huge answer that looks like it was copy pasted out of a textbook. Sometimes it actually was. Sometimes its fucking wrong, but the other mods will chew you out for trying to fix it or simplify it.

Tl;dr, if you use any stack exchange sites, don't use le most upboated XD im so smart answers. Use the most simple responses. The less complicated, the better.

Can confirm this. People on SE don't care about what works well. People care about the next trend that will get them rep. Good, well thought out answers have been directly edited to fit into the next big trend. When an answer doesn't follow suit with the newest bandwagon, people will fling shit at each other until a mod tells them to take their autism to the chat. Sometimes one mod will move a conversation to chat, and then another mod will get pissed off because he agrees with one side or another and move it back to the original thread.

Found a fatal flaw in win10 (that wouldn't go away even after reinstalling the OS) and after two fucking days found the solution to it all on my own (but only applied to previous windows versions). Tried sharing it but hadn't been adequately polite when asking another question previously so couldn't even post.

SO is cancerous beyond belief. It is the last fucking place I'd ever go to either find or share knowledge on any technical subject.

What the fuck

literally who?

do tell

all my accs together have about 20K rep

BTW, it's indeed cuck overflow.
A guy was put into penalty box for speaking some blunt truth about SJWs.

interpersonal.stackexchange.com/posts/2801/revisions
archive.fo/2017.08.31-065038/https://interpersonal.stackexchange.com/posts/2801/revisions

interpersonal.stackexchange.com/users/2135/peufeu
archive.fo/2017.08.31-065201/https://interpersonal.stackexchange.com/users/2135/peufeu

Ironically, they did not wipe the revisions history (yet). So you can read it in its full glory if you are interested in knowing wtf has just happened there.

That first one is me. I answered a load of popular javascript questions early, and the rep just keeps rolling in year on year. It's like compound interest.

I almost never log in, and I've literally never checked the message inbox thing.
I hate all (((gamification))) and the redditor behavior it encourages.

Yes. You wouldn't believe the Microsoft UI guidelines are actually really good. OSX too.
There is zero evidence that Microsoft used their own guidelines for Windows 8-10.

Theory vs practice.

pick one

inb4 lol stop browsing the chan, hypocrite

the thing about this is that i think people are intimidated by official documentation, thinking that it will be over there head, but its often the best resource to really learn about whatever tool you are using and easiest to understand. I also like to use tutorial videos myself.

Not just 8-10 as a whole, but the control panel has been shit for as long as I can remember

pick one

We know it's you.

Fun story: my Meta.SE account was permabanned when I asked if something should be done to curb Indians from posting (I was young and naive...). Normal account still worked fine. When they merged both I could use Meta again.

If the system won't recognize your GPU despite OS reinstalls, revert to 8.1 or earlier and uninstall the unidentified PCI express unit using device manager. No possible solution for win10 users.

nope

One post per 1 account. I wouldn't give up you anonimity for such a thing called 'rep'.