The Lego Batman Movie

So, how was it?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosario_Dawson
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Lego
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lego_Group
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Is it Blackgirl or Batgirl aka Barbara Gordon?

This is literally the thing that I'm riding on on whether to see it or not.

this should clear it up

Looks fun.

Black Luthor like.

Its funny I always thought Luthor from Superman TAS was black. Turns out he's based on a greek actor named Telly Savalas.

So greeks were really blacks then?

I guess. Explains the whole kangz shit.

WE WUZ

No shit? I can see it, he made a pretty good Blofeld.

Other than the slight feminist under tones movie was funny.

Amusingly Greeks actually wuz kangs and shit of Egypt for a while.

Until Ceasar conquered them

Surprisingly comic accurate.

It was pretty good, and probably the only good DC movie what we will see for a while…

Oh fuck off, don't drag politics into this thread.

They started it the second they made Batgirl black for no reason.

Shes black? She looks slightly tan at best.

She's very very obviously black. Her voice actress is even Rosario Dawson.

Didn't know he was Blofeld.

It standard to make a famous voice actress like the character they're voicing.

Which on it's own is still stupid.

she's a spic you dingus

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosario_Dawson

No, its making as much profit from the actors likeness for what they paid for.

With a black father she never met. Look at her. She's very obviously black in some capacity.

Fuck right off. Shilling celebrity names like that just to draw in a few extra bucks is fucking retarded and scummy. I don't care if it lines the pockets of kikes. I watch movies for characters. Not the actors in the role. And if the actor or kike executives can't make the character actually look like the source material then they all need to hang.

jesus christ it's a niggerspic

My friends all said the joke gets old fast. Basically, they took the character that was Batman from the lego movie and gave us to much of a good thing.

I guess she is not from argentina

Barbara Gordon was the only Mary Sue, in a Batman movie, in the exact fucking moment she was introduced.
Sounds offly mary sue feminist.

Which is more of a sin, watching the Lego movies, or playing the Lego games?

Better than most shit that comes out these days, sadly.

Of course she's not!
All Argentinians are white!

LEGO games are so much fun. Batman 3 was lots of wholesome fun. Don't go in expecting anything terribly deep, but they follow the lore behind the franchises they adapt really well, and the jokes are spot on.

Only regret was buying The Hobbit LEGO game for $3. I'm not giving a single shekel if WB pulls the plug on me and I don't get muh 3rd movie adapted to the game.

>All Argentinians are white!
Well done, the joke is much better now that you've explained it

Yeah, it absolutely sucks watching a 3D CG-animated film that actually uses stop-motion as opposed to everything else on the market.

The games are all fun, a thing that seems to be forgotten by most developers.

Haven't found anywhere to watch it online yet

Give it a week.

Yep

She was so fucking bland. It's obvious she was being propped up to be the female role model cardboard stereotype. But really she was never too annoying. But she came off as having unfulfilled potential. I wished they included Harley more, like her subplot would be trying to get Joker to let go of Batman. I think Batman Brave and the Bold was the only media where their relationship was healthy. Also that fucking Hilary Clinton stand in as the mayor. I'm both mad, because I wouldn't mind if it was someone else but it's clear Hollywood is trying to paint her like Margaret Thatcher. A harpy that screwed people but held in high esteem because she's a fucking woman leader. But then I realized Trump won and I'm laughing at the hindsight and despite problems with him, at least we didn't get a circlejerk.

That's what you get when you hire an actress based on a name only

Do both and play the official "The LEGO Movie Videogame" for extra sinning?

No. That's what happens when you have kikes and lefty cucks in control of everything.

Shitposting aside, I'll never understand why a studio thinks animated films won't do well without a big name actor, I can't really think of one with out it.

So like every comic/cartoon heroine since like, the 90's.

I'm of the mind that it does absolutely nothing and studio execs just think it does.

She was bland unfortunately. Which is no different from most heroines in comics in general. As I did say before, the feminist propaganda was present, but very light and luckily stayed with Barbara Gordon only. Harley Quinn was easily the best and only good female lead. Mostly because it was Harley being classic Harley. And being that supportive friend of an abused girlfriend Joker made me smirk.

I thoroughly enjoyed it. I especially loved the OG Clash of the Titans Kraken.

Seconding every other user who already mentioned that the socjus was shit and as subtle as getting thrown out of a plane. Mayor was a Shillary proxy. Barb Gordon was a MarySue made tolerable by the fact that she was one of many secondary focal points and arguably got less attention than the Joker, Robin or Alfred. Her "It takes a village" speech was probably the most heinous transgression.

Never was a fan of anything lego

AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA
MOVIES ARE DYING AND I LOVE IT

Okay, besides some dated socjus stuff, really obnoxious self referential jokes and dated stuff in general, I can't be the only one who's questioning why Batman was going through a funk because there are no more villains to fight, yet he goes ahead to steal the Phantom Zone projector. In order to permanently put away the villains thus giving him no more villains to fight which lead him to that funk in the first place. Am I missing something or was it the plot dictating the character's motives no matter how illogical it was?

wait so how is Trump different from Thatcher again?

I thought Thatcher is despised by feminists because of how right wing she was.

Just sounds like a huge plot hole/case of terrible writing.

I felt Hillary was going to be US's lefty-Thatcher.

WEW
Feminists will say that any woman in a position of power is a victory for feminists because feminists have no integrity. Le Pen's election will be another feminist victory over the patriarchy.

Don't forget that Kellyanne Conway was Trump's campaign manager.

That's wrong though. They eat each other alive the second someone steps out of line from their view in a little bit.

Kellyanne falls into the same category as Le Pen in this regard.

Their cannibalism is a secondary issue. Feminists will take credit for any accomplishment made by any woman regardless of other factors. I could probably dig up shit about how Coulter is a feminist icon for being a millionaire 11+ times best selling author living the life of a bachelorette rockstar well into her 50s even though she habitually shits on them and everything they think, say, and do.

Reminds me of that one female Indian president that almost wiped out the Sikhs just because she didn't like them. Truly a strong feminist leadaer.

Yeah. Women have proven time and time again that they are shit at governance. I'm glad that we have Thatcher and Le Pen as the exceptions to prove the rule while the dribbling retards are left with Merkel and her ilk.

Liberal women mostly, conservatives are usually power iron fisted, like two massive extremes

Every single time a female is in charge of something major, one of two most common of things happen.

>1. The female ends up becoming a much worse leader than even the worst of males could ever hope to be because she feels like she has to prove something.
Or
>2. The female has a difficult time leading because the people she is in charge of don't have any confidence in her like they would for a male leader (Even the female underlings don't look very highly at other females in charge of them).

There have been some women who have been able to defy these instances, but they're far and few between and no one mentions them because it defeats both sides of the discussion.

Thatcher was a fucking disaster, mate.

Thatcher was a disaster if you were a useless cunt.

Or a coal miner.
Or Argentinian.
Or anyone living in Europe, from acid rain.
Or anyone in Ethiopia when she decided she'd rather sell the surplus "butter mountain" to Russia.
Can't have a Randian be seen being charitable.

Mind you, say what you like about Old Iron Cunt, at least she didn't manage to finally turn Great Britain into Orwell's Airstrip One, the whole country under camera surveillance, except the cameras disappear when the police decide to drag you off a train and execute you on a railway platform because you have "Mongolian eyes". We needed Tony Fucking Blair for that.

that sounds like a bunch of lefty shit tbh.

Well, I don't think the LEGO folks are Jewish.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Lego
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lego_Group
But whatever.

*You know, since ownership changes.
It's good that they kept it together.

It was alright but not great. Does not live up to Lego Movie.

Main issue is how the Joker isn't funny or interesting. If the joker doesn't joke he's not the joker, even the grimdark Ledger joker made jokes.

Dubs confirm

It was alright, but not great. Does not live up to the Lego Movie.

Main issue is that the Joker isn't funny or interesting. If the Joker doesn't joke then he's not a joker. Even the grimdark Ledger joker made jokes.

I wouldn't bother watching it in theatre if I were you.

Godfucking dammit codemonky. Mods plz delete non-dubs

Zach Galifinakis did the voice of the Joker. From the clips the voice came off as weird and not fitting.

He didn't put away every villain though, just Joker.

And yet, when how many times have you ever heard a woman say we need a female president/female leader because than the world will be all peaceful and there will be no more wars from "MALE" leaders.
Even though it doesn't make sense because for that situation to happen you would need woman leaders to at least be occupying the G8 or G20 (power) countries of the world before any "difference" could be compared.

And in terms of "woman being peaceful" wasn't Thatcher the one to go to war over the Falkland Islands?

I remember in the lego movie promos wildstyle did the whole strong female role model thing but it seemed like a joke making fun of the type of people who do that.

Galifinakis fucking sucked as the Joker.

I don't know where all you guys are coming from with the SocJus stuff. Why do you think the mayor is a Hillary stand-in? She didn't actually do anything, and her design might just as well have been based on any female politician ever.

I kinda get your quarrel with Batgirl, but she wasn't the focal point. She was just some side character that came off to me as generic. Also, I don't really care that her and gordon are spics in this movie. Two-Face was black and has a moustache since he was modelled after his VA Billy Dee Williams, and that doesn't bother me either.

Like one of the key things about the Joker is that he has a shitty sense of humour, though. He has to commit crimes because it's the only way he gets taken seriously.

Socjus was stuck with barbara only. Her entrance was feminist propaganda. Anyone else is just speculation and paranoia.

Like I said, she just came off to me as generic stronk female character. Nothing to be upset about tbh.

It became perfectly clear where the SocJus elements came from.

Argentina began the invasion. Thatcher defended the islands. She did nothing wrong.

wow, it's fucking nothing

That line was so unforgivably on the nose. Someone working on the script had to have thought Shillary was in the bag and the obvious wink and nod would have gotten the movie a @MadamPresident tweet.

Still better than Leto.

Still fucking nothing.

I bet you think podesta just loves pizza.

True, but it still stomps all over the assertion that women will avoid war at all costs. Most major female leaders have had no problem sending their men to war when it came down to it.

You know, that does make me think this film was written under the assumption that Hilary was going to win. It does kind of piss me off how this film painted James Gordon as "just that guy who hits the bat signal" so I'm somewhat amused how this film's attempt to make an allusion to the presidency has backfired hard.

Isn't it safe to say that that's how a lot of media is going rolling out all of the rest of this year, and a little bit into next?

I want politics to leave.

You can thanks Holla Forums for that.

but this is wrong

It wouldn't be an issue if it weren't in the movie. But it is.

Speak English, bro.

Looks like you're the one who needs to leave.

CENTAURZ

(checked)
UNDER APPRECIATED POST
The only thing that could have possibly made this scene better would have been bigfig Bane on the plane.

Also, Bane says "We're Jokers reckoning" in the TDKR Bane voice.

To be honest it was one of the things that dragged the film down. Not so much the Barbara mary sue shit but rather how they wrote Batman as a massive manchild in contrast.

For fucks sake go ruin Holla Forums

I am pretty sure its Holla Forums posters ruining the thread, and they already ruined Holla Forums

The writers and directors took a dump on a movie that could've been fun.

There wouldn't be complaints about niggers and feminism shit if they're weren't so blatantly present in the movie.

Holla Forums posters ruin everything.

I don't think it's possible to ruin a shitposting board.

its one of the better batman movies tbh

THE ONLY PARODY IS ON BATMAN HIMSELF BUT EVERYTHING ELSE IS STILL FUCKING SHIT

ok, rabbi.

If you don't think investors or producers won't influence the products they invest in then you are sorely mistaken. Keep chugging the kool-aid.

It was a parody, Satan. Chill your tits.

The thought of those teeth poised just above and below my peener during a blowjob gives me shivers of erotic delight.

Okay, am I the only one who sees The Dark Knight Returns Robin, there? Because I might have been okay with that, but she appears to be voiced by Michael Cera. Also, why do the Lego guys always go with the "all black" Michael Keaton version of Batman's costume?

I saw the design was based off of that version of Robin even though this Robin is supposed to be Dick Grayson.

Hell, one queen of England was famous and beloved for it.

Is that Tracer's inspiration?

I think the point is that they're going up to 11 on Robin as a cheerful innocent foil for a broody loner Batman, and so picking the most colourful and silly Robin design (weirdly enough also as a cheerful foil for a particularly dark and broody loner Batman) makes sense when you're going all-out.

As Bat-Mite said, Batman is an extremely versatile franchise at this point, and most enjoyable when you accept he can be portrayed in so many different ways while retaining core elements and themes. Also very fitting for a franchise where everything is built out of Lego, and you can use any parts you want in any way you want.

Fuck off back to Holla Forums

It was really good. I was laughing the whole way through. Definitely worth a watch.

I took it to be Batman refusing to admit that that was why he was in a funk and the only reason he was thinking about Joker was because he was a danger outside of the phantom zone

>IS THAT TRACER'S INSPIRATION?

you're just mad that you can't unsee it.

SO AM I.

Better than the first movie.

Hey Holla Forums, still trying to cause board drama?

I think it's suppose to be Dick Grayson. While looking nothing like him. I guess the black costume was just what was popular with old normies.

CHEERS LUV! THE CAVALRY'S HERE!

Even the fucking commies know this kind of fucking shit. Quit being fucking retarded.

He's not THE man with the money; he's one of hundreds of shareholders in a company where 80% of the stock is owned by by institutions such as banks.

Just for fun, I looked it up on nasdaq.com. The Swiss National Bank, the German National Bank, the New York State Retirement Fund, WellFargo, and something called Teachers Advisors LLC each own more of Netflix than Soros' fund does.
He owns about 00.03% of it.

I still say The Lego Movie is just sliiiiiiiightly better, but The Lego Batman Movie TOTALLY kicked ass. Only problems with it I can say are merely nitpicks.

The pacing of the three acts was kinda jarring to me. It had an overwhelmingly fucking kickass first act, a VERY short middle, and a more-than-extensively long third act/climax that gives Return of the King a run for its money.

Also why the fuck did they make King Kong a villain?! He's more of a tragic movie monster than an evil/scary movie monster. They couldn't use any legitimately evil kaiju??

How about compared to Jared Leto's Joker?

In truth, Batman v Superman is a masterpiece all on its own, but The Lego Batman Movie is in a league of greatness all on its own. They're both layered films, though while BvS's layers are more like that of a renaissance painting, TLBM's layers are more like… well, Lego pieces. BvS is layered in the sense that each layer provokes so much thought and adds to the depth of the film, and each intertwines with each other perfectly to create this masterful work of cinematic art. TLBM's layers are each simple on their own, but functional when they hold together to create quite the fine product.

I'm talking about Mnuchin, you dumb faggots.

Really? Because the post you replied to was about Soros investing in Netflix stock.

Any and all points about quality of a movie from you are hereby moot. Clearly you can't be trusted to judge anything well enough.

Not that guy but you can't deny the aesthetics of the fights.

Fights are the only reason I keep watching that movie.

I suppose the fighting is serviceable enough. Bullshit that Batman is fast enough to survive against Doomsdays lazers though.

Phil Lamarr voices these two.

Oh God I can't unsee it now.

So she's not black, just feminist.

Same here.

Just saw the movie, it was great.

The shame of DC fucking up so hard that a lego parody was on its face a better batman movie than anything they've done for this cinematic universe is so thick I can taste it.

All I know is I covet the fuck out of this Clayface set.

He was A Blowfeld.

To be fair, Return of the Caped Crusaders shows that at least some people in DC are aware that chasing the grimdark has been sucking all the fun out of Batman.

Gee, sounds like the perfect feminist character, doesn't it?

Wait, Donald Pleasence was Blofeld?

The main Blofeld that everyone remembers.
Telly Savalas had a turn, and so did Charles Gray, the narrator from the Rocky Horror Picture Show, and Max von Sydow.

absolutely disgusting

They made batman and joker gay as shit. it got far cringy after a while

Nah. It stands for all examples.

Investors, producers, and anything in between is what makes decisions, because money talks.

Yeah, go ahead and keep letting Rotten Tomatoes cuck you, ya fuckin' sheep. I bet you didn't even watch the Ultimate Edition.

Ultimate is even worse you damn Holla Forums drone.

Just saw it. Other than Barbara Gordon being brown and also hyper competent to the point of being obnoxious, it was a pretty sincere love letter to Batman.

It doesn't take itself very seriously and it digs deep and pulls from every single possible incarnation of Batman. It pays homage while also cracking jokes in a way that most parodies and satire just can't.

just saw it; it was pretty good. would recommend.

We need to make this negro emperor of Mozambique after we conquer Africa

Again, strangely accurate to the comics.

If you are hungry you will think about bread, user.

I dont see it, lov.

maybe he could do the voice of Yakub for a cartoon.

So, when it's about her being a brown commissioner it's because "it's a parody, don't take it seriously!", when it's about her being hypercompetent at everything it's "accurate to the comics!"? Which is it?

Actually, just go back to where you came from.

It's a dig you angsty Holla Forums nigger. You're talking about a smug bitch that decided to start a crime fighting career just because she could. This is canon in the comics.

Being obnoxiously competent is her entire shtick.

Right, what ISN'T canon in the comics is her being latina, an adult or a commissioner at the time of her wearing the cape.
So how come they decided to stick to the canon only when it made her look good?

Go back.

Hey Holla Forums

Its just a tan, faggot.

What, you want her shot in the spine? You want her to let Batman get his shit kicked in because of a run in her tights? What exactly do you want here? Because I'm getting the feeling you're bitching for ideological reasons and not bitching for comics/cartoons reasons.

Only casuals bitch about comics/cartoons for ideological reasons. You're not one of those disgusting casuals, are you?

The script for this movie is a little odd, because it radically alters a lot of characters and exaggerates them and mixes them up with all the fucked up continuity, like Dick Grayson being part Carrie Kelly, or Bane being giant Lucha bane, but wearing Nolan-Bane's coat and talking in Tom Hardy's weird accented voice.

And then they dig out a bunch of obscure as fuck d-list villains like Egghead and Polkadot man, alongside all the A-listers. There's even a Bludhaven reference and a few jokes about the original Superman movies.

If there's ANY future in DC movies, it's going to be as Lego movies like this one, because this is the right balance between big budget hollywood schlock, and unabashed fanservice and non-stop winks and nods to oldschool fans.

Copied the wrong image. Fug.

We will get only more lego movies for now on.
Next it will be superman lego movie and later a LEGO justice league movie.
Live action? 2D? Fuck that!

Go get a "tan" on the other side of the wall Pablo.

Thanks for outing yourself as the cuck you are.
My point was, anyway, that if you want to stick to the canon then you should start from her design and background.
Now go back.

That's pretty much how depictions of Batman anything go; combine all the most popular depictions, or at least acknowledge them.

I kinda figured that for the most part, the Lego Batman movie would likely resemble The Brave and the Bold in many ways.

It's similar to Brave and the Bold, but it's the goofiest version of the past two decade of ultra dark and broody Batman, as opposed to the campy-but-serious BatB Bats.

I really want that Bane figure.

hahahaha

we'll be up to lego batman 4 before that happens

I guess you have never gone to a beach

I want you to be wrong but knowing Warner Brothers that will most likely be the case.

I don't think a film like this for Superman would work. He doesn't have as many different versions as Batman and even at his Fortress-of-Solitude-building Kryptaboo whackiest he's still usually the "straight man" while other characters provide comedy.

one who I'd tear the shit out of.

One who's shown full frontal on the movie screen and gave me a erection so hard that jet fuel cant melt it.

This movie took so many swings at Suicide Squad and Batman v Superman and they were all hilarious.
Also, rollerskate Harley is the best big screen Harley yet.

Got a pick.

Shame they went with the Arkem design

It's what the cosplay whores want.

It's an okay compromise, in my opinion. If modern Harley is never donning the tights again, I prefer something more clowny than the red and blue hot topic slut look of modern comic and movie Harley.

Really loved this movie. Reminds me alot of Return of the Caped Crusaders.

Again, kind of a new this is the focus specifically on Batman himself being a ridiculous manchild who takes himself far too seriously. Which works because it's basically just making what's always been a feature of the character more obvious.

The stock parody of a superhero is always an irresponsible manchild, but Batman is one case where it actually works with the real deal.

Perhaps if you'd like us to stop bitching about niggers and sluts they should stop putting in niggers and sluts.

Hey Holla Forums

Entertaining if your a kid.

If it's a more famous person or larger project they will make it look more like the va. Typically considering they just showed the next Lego movie project is Ninjago and they kept the characters the same despite shelling out for bigger names to do the voices.

Was that ever popular?

With kids. I don't think it ever had an adult fanbase.

So I guess it's a reboot? I never followed the original series anyway. What's with all the tacked on pop music for these movies? At least the first one had the guts to make it's own song.

Apparently a lot of people are complaining in the comment section of the vid that it has nothing to do with the cartoon. Surprised this is what lego did next. I'm surprised they are actually doing their own movie universe.

It's not a reboot, it's kind of an epic finale to the series with yet another Lord-and-Miller-Lego-style plot about family, except they've actually been good for the last couple of times, so this one should hit the mark also.

Oh, and it should be obvious why the tacked-on pop music is in the trailers:

SO NORMIES WILL GO SEE IT

Huh. Might be kinda confusing then if you don't know the characters. Not like they're super deep complexities though.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

The characters are literally Power Rangers archetypes. It's kinda obvious, actually.

I've caught an episode or two, and well the white one is a robot…and the reveal is actually kind of touching.

Hey Reddit

Ah fuck. That is kinda touching. I have a real soft spot for stories with robots and feels.

Best Batman song right here.

Ninjago is one of those things that grows on you if you give it a chance.

The movie being a comedy jab at the original instead of sticking to the formula is probably the greatest mistake here: people who care will be upset, people who don't could watch any of the shittier series be rebooted all the same.

That's deep

I hate you so much Warner.

These robot scenes and the first movie makes me think that Lego could make a better transformer movie than Michael Bay ever could.

Nah, that was probably supposed to be Jason anyway. Besides Suicide Squad already ruined that by making this special needs individual the culprit.

You fuckin' pleb. THIS is the greatest musical piece ever to grace Batman's name, bar none.

Damn straight.

This is how I know you're not Holla Forums regulars.

Back on topic I'm still waiting to see the movie with the original dub. I have only seen it with the latin american dub, and save for the few obnoxious regional figures of speech and references it was decent. While TLM remains the best mostly because of it's scope, I'm still glad they kept the implication that this movie happens in the same universe. Overall it was enjoyable and a nice parody.
Not really getting the political paranoia about Batgirl and the mayor. If anything I was expecting more bitching about how Gotham's population as a whole is too "diverse" for licensed Lego standards (licensed sets stick to the "flesh" color for minifigures but black or brown minifigs are kind of rare except when used with tharacters who are known to be minorities in their comic/movie depictions).

This is funny considering the fact that some butthurt leftists knew about him being a nominee for Trump's cabinet, and decided that they should boycott the movie in retaliation. Needless to say this boycott did jackshit.

Just email the specific responses to Beyonder and he actually deletes them. Also the less politics you bring up the less they show up
It was a fun movie but it could've been better, not as funny as the 60's animated movie reboot.

Eh Brave and the Bold had better.

Trips confirmed

Nothing can really top that show

This is how I know you just came from cuckchan.

No, this how you can tell the Holla Forums faggots from the regulars. And congrats you've showed us how great it works.

It was very well made and a fun watch.

Batman was paranoid that the Joker was up to something and Harley led him towards using the Phantom Zone projector.

bump

I liked it

Pretty sad a cartoon about lego ninjas has more emotion then most movies made.

Oh thank god Gordon is black too.

It was p entertaining but I couldn't help but feel overall it was less strong than Lego Movie.

The gags were funny especially if you know the most basic stuff about Batman, but the story wasn't amazing, just there to spread the jokes on. It works, but I finished the movie not really remembering the events of the movie, just the gags that it had.