2016: The Year of Trump and the Chicago Cubs

http:// www.latimes.com/sports/la-dodgers-cubs-live-updates-game-1-20161015-htmlstory.html

Well, the Cubs pulled off another very impressive victory tonight against the Dodgers. I want to know what Holla Forums thinks of this phenomena. Does Trump winning have anything to do with the Cubs winning? Does this symbolize hell freezing over or the end of a Kali Yuga?

t. a midwestern Trump supporter

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ko58baUVstE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Not on your life sport.

I've always loved the Max Fleisher style the Indians logo had

It's the sign of the times. They are a changing.
I'm putting it up to the firemonkey

I don't understand the significance of this

Chief Wahoo is the best. I love that they haven't ditched him no matter how hard the indians in Cuyahoga county bitch.

In response to the OP, I think the Cubs and Indians will be the World Series players this year. I'd love to see the Indians win as a Clevelander but the Cubs have suffered long and hard, I wouldn't be butthurt if you won. It's also a curious effect, major league people getting BTFO in favor of the people's champion. It's happening in many facets of life, good observation.

they haven't won the World Series in 105+ years and 2016 is the best record they've had since and all signs are pointing to them winning. Just a coincidence seeing how two "impossible feats" are happening right alongside each other.

Because of the odds. The Cubs have notoriously been bad, usually collapsing when it counts, but now have been winning in the most impossible, historic, crazy ways. Even when the whole world says it shouldn't be happening, it is. It's a lot like Trump and the many other crazy things happening now, the odds are so low, it's as if we're reaching an event horizon.

Is this another one of those Bernstein vs Bernstain timeline anomalies?

Nah just a traditionally poor performing team wrecking everyone this year.

If the Cubs win, Trump gets elected President.

Cubs winning the world series means that hell freezes over and the world is ending as we know it.

Kek seems to agree.

trips confirm.

PRAISE KEK

CUBS

WE'RE GOING HOME BOYS!

James Bond pls go

checked

The weird thing is Trump was mad at Ricketts and said the cubs would do bad, and one of their star players got knocked out for the whole season, but when Joe Ricketts and Trump had a good meeting and he said he liked the Cubs again, the Cubs took off to one of the best starts for a team in 70 years. Trump is one with the universe or something.

CUBS WIN

(checked)

Checked

Welp, it's confirmed. Either Hell, a metaphysical realm which does no exist except in your own mind freezes over, or Hillary wins.

You done shot yourselves in the foot.

The Cubs were the best team in baseball for years and years when it first started but they kicked a dude and his goat out of the stadium and he declared them cursed and since then in over 100 years they haven't won a World Series. No matter how close they get, they choke really hard or just suck so bad they don't even get a shot.

The Cubs winning the World Series is like hell freezing over, the pope shitting in the woods, and every other expression for absurdity you've ever heard of, all happening at the same time.

It's an omen, user. The world is getting flip turned upside down and in the process it has been swinging in our favor. Like said, it's a picture perfect example of the Year of the Fire Monkey so far.

Beat the Giants in an even year, they are destined.

Because no one has posted it yet

GO CUBS GO

here is your (you)

I AM READY

Due to being an OPEC founder and arab buttbuddy, Venezuela has historically been a refugee for arabs in their recent wars
The only (unwritten) condition given was that those rapefugees should be preferably christian
Muslims did squeeze inside it, which resulted in several death squad killings in the 70's
Plus their big port, in which one of the big teams played, was filled with mediterrean folks (lebanese, italian, egyptians, libyans)

tl;dr OPEC refugees

ayyy:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ko58baUVstE

GO CUBS GO

Makes sense