The worst retcons

List the worst retcons you've found. They can be for whatever comes up.

I'll start off with LoK making Raava and Vaatu actually things in the Avatar world. Especially since they already had a backstory for the Avatar.

Well when you bring that up, the entire Wan arc was a huge retcon of the lore through the entire thing.

Really just cements LoK as nothing but fanfiction.

twilight background story is always retconned

They also gave her childhood friends who's names I've forgotten last season when she was supposed to be friendless for the majority of her life.

This is bad, although every single thing DC has done to BB in the comics is far worse

Homosuck.
You wasted YEARS reading it just for it to be meaningless. And the point? Vriska was right all along and you are shit without her.
Fuck you too, Hussie.

Ehhh can we not go full Holla Forums please?

jesus, don't remind me.
This episode ruined DCAU for me

Fuck off already to your safe space.

Yeah that kinda dragged down the whole universe a bit. Least the comics can be ignored but this was made sorta canon. I don't like it. Terry is much less strong of a character if he's a genetic copy of Bruce coded to become Batman. Also hate how Terry looks. Looks like a damn greaser on roids while Bruce looks like Scarface from The Batman.

fuck off.

also.
Bendis. Scarlet Witch.

Sorry I think you need to go back to reddipol, Holla Forums isn't a Holla Forums board.

Almost anything by Bendis is a retcon in some way.

It also isn't a board for lefty faggots or Holla Forums ironic shitposters. Yet we have both of them here because our mods are shit.

Holla Forums, please contain yourself

>>>/reddipol/
>>>Holla Forums
>>>/anywherebuthere/

wew looks like grandpa Holla Forums forgot to take his meds

WEW LAD

What's going on in this thread?

An example of why we need actual mods and ids.

Why not get a name?

Everything beyond S3 feels like a whole different show and feels unwatchable glad i quited the fandom when shit hitted the fan.

What was that back story again?
Also, the first season was mediocre and weak, I liked the concept of the second season, about bringing true balance to the world, a shame it wasn't executed that good, and I loved the consequences it had in season 3. I think season 4 was unnecessary. The only reason it happened it was because of "Muh statu quo" faggots that wanted things to end bad for Korra for a change. If Korra didn't had fake PTSD, season 4 could have been a lot more interesting, having 2 titans clashing each other.

I liked that season where that had Z-Fighter powers and fought a demon centaur thing. It was good, only for the fact that it went over board. MLP is just for selling toys now. I still have to watch past that season with the communist antagonist with the retarded back story.

Back to Holla Forums, Truthseeker.

Lol

fuck off

>>>/mlp/
>>>/pone/
>>>/trash/

I get the the hate but what's with you being so damn paranoid of Holla Forums all the fucking time?

not him, but I'd imagine it's because Holla Forums has openly stated that they are trying to subvert other boards

so a new comic and you're back now.

In Futurama when they retconned the end of Jurassic Bark so rather than Seymour obeying Fry's last command for and waiting for him for years until the day he died, it turns out Fry was actually there the whole time

Do you have proof?

God makes a pact with some man to team-up so that they can beat Satan. Yes, this is really inappropriate for Avatar seeing as how TLA had a Oriental setting.

Rachael Pollack deciding she hated Crazy Jane so much because the character was a rape victim, that she didn't just write the character out of existence, she made it a plot point that a villain had given the team false memories of her.

There's one with the Mandarin where it turns out he wasn't the son of a Chinese noble but rather the son of whore in a Hong Kong brothel who made a name for himself in the criminal underworld and use the rings to delude himself into thinking he's nobility just to make himself feel better.

Julie Power going from sane quiet reader who was flat well into puberty into a stupid wantabe actress with jugs.

I don't even care about making her gay beyond the terrible writing that went with it, the only time she showed any interest in men was one line in one issue of the truly and utterly awful final part of the series. The completely different personality and goals are the really bullshit part.

don't be melodramatic

it could be worse, you know

Well, fuck

John Bryne's retelling of Superman's adoption by the Kents.

Pre-Crises - Ma and Pa Kent found baby Superman after he crashed on earth, surrendered him to the local orphanage as a foundling, then legally adopted him. Nobody questions it because adopting children is an acceptable practice in our society.

Post-Crises - Superman was BORN ON EARTH in the BIRTHING MATRIX, making him both an EARTHLING and a LEGAL AMERICAN CITIZEN. Ma and Pa Kent find him and simply pass him off as their biological son after a freak blizzard snows Smallville in for fucking weeks. Ma Kent in this continuity has a poison womb, and friends and family assume she kept the pregnancy a secret in case she lost another child. The Kent's don't believe that Superman is an alien despite finding him in a fucking space-ship.

As you can see, John Bryne is so autistic that he had to make Superman's fucking adoption a complicated mess just to work in shit nobody fucking cares about.

I'm hearing his name come up more lately. Never with anything good to say. I can see why.

Now suppose Kryptonians didn't look human at all, but Superman's DNA were altered so that he could pass for one and blend in on earth

How much would the fans REEEEE

Oh who am I kidding, they're still pissed about his underwear

That would be kinda cool if it was done simplistically and not over complicated with dumb bullshit.

But fuck you, the red strongman tights were a staple of the character. Without them he just isn't quite the same. They were a part of his attire and a good breaking point from all the blue on him.

I've long ago accepted that the future shown in Batman Beyond is a dark one.

I doubt Thomas and Martha Wayne would've wanted their son to live such a miserable and lonely life.

Birthing Matrix is only good for President Superman Elseworlds, and that could be fixed by Superman being popular enough for an amendment.

You're right, but he pretty much did it to himself.

That's the one reason why I will keep defending the Nolan trilogy, because it's the only series that has Batman realize how much he really is his own worst enemy.

The trunks makes sense. Without them you could see his junk, and if he wears them underneath the tights he'd get panty lines.

Exactly, my friend. They're an essential feature of his suit that shouldn't be neglected.

Don't remind me. which was worse the cobra commander in the GI Joe movie or the one in Rise of Cobra?

Not enough SJW trash here.

Rise of Cobra

JGL did a good job he was just playing some other character

as much shit as DCAU gets for batwank they triggered some fans with the shit they put Future-Bruce through

The Batman-Batgirl hookup was a stroke of genius - not as shit you would actually want to see happen in detail, but as a plausible, not-that-melodramatic backstory of why they all end up fucking hating each other

People learned how to bend by mimicking animals. Sky Bison for Air Benders, Dragons for Fire Benders, Badger Moles for Earth Benders, can't remember what water benders learned from. A sub-plot even had Zuko and Aang learn "true" fire bending from dragons. But according to LoK, just bamboozle your way on to a hunting trip, ask a lion-turtle and suddenly you'll be imbued with great and destructive power. That's not even getting into ALL the other shit Wan pulls. Wan destroyed the image and reputation of the Avatar.

Mockingbird had the most moronic retcon when they write off Phantom Rider's rape of Bobbi and making their relationship consensual. Cain didn't realize or probably didn't care how unlikable this makes her because it turned Bobbi into a cheater and later an attempted murderer, since she has no valid reason to murder the Rider, who did nothing wrong and gets turned into a sexist strawman to justify beating him up.

How does someone come up with a thought this retarded? It's literally "Sure these are bad, but I'd REALLY like to hear about some I can bring up the next time I want to complain about Marvel so I can fit in".

To be fair, he did that in DKR too, but he was basically forced to do it by the feds.

The moon lovers thingy

They learned it from the moon since the moon pulled the tides.

If we're going to do that should we mention Hydra Cap?

They learned from the-

Well, what he said. Don't know how that worked, I assumed it was the spirit, but no. It is a better explanation for how Water Benders exist in the North and South. Unless you believe the Earth in Avatar is flat.

Hydra cap isn't really a retcon though, have you even read the issue?

They keep making her more marketable for the worse

The recent one that got storytimed here yes. Granted your right its not a retcon but it still bugs me.

Youbleft out how Wan's Flashback shoehorned God and Satan into Avatar's Far Eastern setting to make a failed attempt at Yin-Yang.

Actually he was miserable UNTIL he met Terry. Throughout the run of the show he got more outgoing and concerned over the wellbeing of Gotham. Hell, right on season one, there's an episode where he has to investigate the corruption in WayneCorp, I think it's the shriek episode.

And that's how I always criticize it: I "get" the films, but they're just boring. Juggaloo Joker, a mediocre Bane fight and two hours of Bruce Wayne crying like a bitch in really poorly edited scenes do not make a good Batman film. Like I said, I know what Nolan was going for, but he told in such a drab and convoluted way I just lose my interest in the first scene.

>>>/mlp/
>>>/pone/
>>>/cancer/

Wan's episodes are the worst part of Korra. Nothing else in the rest of LoK comes anywhere close to the levels of terribleness of Wan's episodes. I hate them so, SO MUCH.