Normies are waking up

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_American_superhero_films
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

not enough niggers probably

Kek no. Same goes for MCU. They'll still milk gullible fools' money as long as they keep (on)lining up to buy tickets.

The original theory went that people are really into capeshit for about 8 years, then it stops becoming profitable as people grow more interested with another genre. The initial era of capeshit started in 1989 and finished in 1997, with the first and last Batman films. Then, aside from the first two Spiderman films, first two X-Men films and Hulk, it started up again in 2005 with Batman Begins, yet should have finished in 2013. It's been four years since, and if this is supposed to be the peacetime between capeshit eras, then what the fuck is 2021 - 2029 going to be like?

Marvel x DC movie crossover.

capeshit has the ability to hide behind all their (((((Different)))))) characters

Star Wars is becoming a mess so much so that Star Wars fans are starting to turn on it, sure at the same time it is gaining shit tasting plebs who never enjoyed it but there is a disturbance now

Its just a few stupid sheep getting scared. They somehow haven't realized that all Marvel movies are exactly the same, and Star Wars is being treated exactly like Marvel. People shoulf have known when we started getting news about so many creative differences between directors and Disney.

Normies never wake up. They should've smelled the shit when they saw the nigger in the trailer for The Cuck Awakens.

He was unironically the least offensive thing about the force awakens lol

Kind of late there. They should've been worried when Star Wars was sold to Disney and we got the turd that was The Force Awakens. Everything else after that with Star Wars named attached to it got progressively worse.

I don't think so. The Force Awakens was inoffensive bland schlock and it was universally praised. The Han Solo reboot may be panned because "this isn't le epic Solo we remember!!" but it will more than likely still make a decent profit. Star Wars 8 will be a huge box office success because they will play it 100% safe apart from one scene which will be like the Kylo Ren kills Han Solo scene in order to give the illusion that anything could happen, when really it changes nothing.

To put this in perspective, Iron Man came out in 2008, and nine years on people are still lining up in droves to watch capeshit. These are just the sorts of movies normalfags enjoy, and I don't see it changing soon. 'The Circle' has 15% on Rotten Tomatoes while 'The Avengers' sits at 92%, go figure. 'The Bling Ring' at 60% whilst TFA is at 92%. You can't just force people to have taste.

I think people are right that there is a bubble where capeshit will pop but it will be a monkey's paw trust me. Before capeshit it was disposable action flicks, before that, spaghetti westerns. The decline has been so bad that now even the shittiest westerns and action movies look like kino in comparison to modern capeshit. What will come to replace capeshit will be much worse - more sanitised, more "quirky", and more popular than ever before.

And Disney will never make a Marvel capeshit movie as good as this one.

EP8 will make way over 2 billion, so no, nothing is going to change

Han Solo movie is just a safe outlet for reviewers to pretend to be edgy and totally not in pocket of Disney due to it's (((white))) male lead

You're talking crap and fitting square-shaped explanations into round holes. There's no cycle-element to it because if so, you can't miscount the superhero-movies that were succesful in the early 00's, because it doesn't fit the narrative of it being a cycle.

Superheroes has been popular since the 40's. There's ups and downs and the whole superhero-genre has been on a down since atleast the 80's. It's basically only the movies that has been succesful in current year.

No it won't the only reason Episode VII made so much was because of blueballs to the sequel to return of the jedi and it absolutely was a train wreck that ruined the entire fucking trilogy prettymuch

It will make a billion to a billion and a half but not 2 billion plus

Cosmic horror beyond our mere human comprehension.

Yea, like you White Nationalist assholes are going to save us with "Niggers". Too stupid to understand you are working for the "shit".

What? I can only think of Superman, Hulk, Swamp Thing and Howard the Duck and they weren't as big as capeshit is now. At a stretch you could argue shit like Flash Gordon or He-Man but it's hardly comparable.

I agree but normalfags didn't see it that way. They don't care about the original trilogy's lore let alone the prequels or the EU. I'm not a Star Wars fan myself but it's pretty clear talking to your average Joe that they like seeing Vader and lightsabers and stormtroopers and anything else is just set dressing for them.

We'll all be wishing, no, begging for films like The Emoji Movie and Guardians of the Galaxy back with what's to come. Can we get a soothsayer/oracle from /x/ to show us the ravaged movie wasteland of the future?

I want to think that repetition will make it lose steam. Sure, Rogue One was different with no lightsabers or the Force, but it was still connected to the original trilogy.

So many different stories, worlds that the comics, books and everything else that make up Star Wars, and they still stick to the same thing.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_American_superhero_films
There are literally the same number of superhero films produced in 1989 alone than there were between 1984 - 1988.

There is only 1 film for 1999, and only 2 for 2002. 2005 has 10. There is definitely a correlation, albeit a much weaker one for the second time around.

Hopefully since its nuVader and stronk lightsabers and shitty looking stormtroopers it might not do as much

Star Wars died when George Lucas relinquished canon control to Kathleen "the force is female" Kennedy and the Mickey Mouse crew. The franchise now caters to normies, kids, nerd-culture chicks, and faggy numale cucks. A depressingly huge amount of people fall under these categories. The best hope is foreign markets rejecting the trash, but they won't, as most foreigners (especially third worlders) are ultra norman.

Rogue One was co-written by a guy who directed Twilight and the guy who wrote the screenplay for Armageddon. Explains a lot.

TFA was co-written by Lawrence Kasdan and the guy who wrote Toy Story 3 and Little Miss Sunshine, with cancerous contributions by Jew Jew himself. Pain.

Rian Johnson won't change anything. He's been hired to regurgitate the direction of Kathleen Kennedy and the Disney Board of Directors.

The Star Wars universe will thrive even as it becomes cancer, because the people who care about any of this are a tiny minority, mostly confined to echo chambers like Holla Forums.

People just want to see x-wings vs tie fighters with the amazing modern effects. If Disney can't deliver on that then Star Wars will die quickly. TFA and Rogue One both had shitty space battles too. Episode IV had a better space battle with models and effects from 1977 than TFA and Rogue One.

That doesn't look like a cyberpunk Utopia user. That's probably what's gonna happen ;_;

The space battles were okay. Just okay. And that's enough to draw the crowds in. What other big franchises of the past few years even have space battles anymore? Guardians of the Galaxy has them, sort of. Maybe the new Luc Besson movie will have one or two. Star Wars might as well have a monopoly on space combat, so the very presence of these scenes is enough to satisfy most fans who crave them, because there is nowhere else to get them.

No they don't. People want to see exactly what The Force Awakens is. A simple story with shallow characters, limited stakes, and a clear cut indicator on who the bad guys are and who the good guys are. I'm not defending TFA, but it absolutely does what Disney wanted to do: pander to the largest market possible and make as much money as possible. People loved this movie because they're stupid and the mouse knows this.

I can't even say that I'm a Star Wars fan because Expanded Universe shit has never appealed to me, and it's been two decades of retconning and poorly written garbage the entire time. Aside from the Admiral Thrawn trilogy and maybe Dark Forces 1(they really overdo it with Kyle Katarn jedi shit after that point), I don't really like Star Wars. In fact, the scope of what I like about Star Wars is so out of touch simply by only really liking the original trilogy, but not the special edition, so I happen to only like this handful of movies in a format that hasn't been released since laser disc was a thing. I just have to face the fact that I'm not a Star Wars fan anymore.

That's not even remotely true. But I'll grant you that he was far down the list from being the worst part, which is a testament to how bad the whole thing was.

Don't give a shit about new Starwars. I skipped TFA and that new one with the bitch and blind chink in it. Don't think there's any science fiction franchizes that haven't been pozzed yet. Aliens, Predator, SW, Star Trek, and the Terminator have all been pozzed in the neghole. The classics got a pozzing too, War of the Worlds and Day the Earth Stood Still. Forbidden Planet and Babylon 5 to date remain unpozzed but it's only a matter of time. All the new franchizes are HIV babies. You pretty much end up with Aids with all science fiction now because the future is Aids.

Reddit wars belongs on >>>/reddit/

What did he mean by this?

I think the capeshit bubble will pop as soon as MCU Phase 3 is over. After years of leading up Thanos and finally defeating him, there's really no where else to go at that point.

Yes, this is my thought too.