Self sufficiency thread

with the threat of war we need a major info dump from growing food, weapons and self defense

Other urls found in this thread:

survival-spot.com/survival-blog/argentina-collapse/
vimeo.com/28055108.
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

After trump gets in we don't have to worry about that stuff

True. But it cant hurt to be prepared user

Do you also grow your own ==WEED==?

user, there's a good chance they're going to rig the election and place Hillary on the throne regardless.
The people will only take up arms in rebellion when they are hungry (I mean that literally).
If Hillary is placed on the throne and drives us into a nuclear war with Russia we had better be prepared well in advance.
I'll support Trump until the end, but I have no illusions about our odds for success in this rats nest of corruption.

I don't smoke, it dulls the mind.
But I don't care if people do, I'm fairly libertarian when it comes to drugs.

I've lost all my infographics so i can only find basic ones atm

Same, I'm just dumping what I have from my random folders.

I was just going over my emergency supplies.
I have enough food and water to get my faily through a month.
However, Self sustaining is MUCH more than that.
Even as someone who has gardened for years, I don't understand how a person could produce enough food to feed a family.
I have 10 acres of land, maybe I need to get into animal husbandry.

survival-spot.com/survival-blog/argentina-collapse/

DUDE

I'm working towards purchasing my own battle rifle.
We currently have an awesome water filtration system, and about two months of food.
Our short points though have to do mostly with medical stuff and my mom's medications.
Need to work on that, as well as plotting an evac route to the country that's more detailed.

Make a bug out bag.

not growing money on trees and only selling it to minorities ensuring transference of wealth from their "community" to your survival fund.

Speaking of smoking, what is a good brand of cigarettes? No Niggerports either.

we shouldn't give up our skills just to make our lives easier user

To add on, I want the nicotine because it has Test but nicotine nicotine gum cost more than 3 packs of cigarettes, so I'll take my chances.

Self sufficiency is not a survival strategy, it's a state of mind.

To see the full documentary, go to vimeo.com/28055108.

Nat Sherman

Pic related tbh fam

Luckies master race

buy good tobacco from a tobacco/pipe shop and roll your own. you'll save money, you won't have to worry (as much) about additives, you'll learn a (mostly useless) skill.

is there a board for this

Look into pneumatics.

You can have a wind driven compressor and store compressed air into a tank. Run air tools on it. Swap out electrical motors for air motors on other equipment.

checked
What counts as "good" tobacco?

Thanks, I'll test them out and pick a winner. Not all at once obviously.

1,000 Bic lighters will do you well for bartering. Or 1,000 packs of matches. You can trade these for almost anything and it doesn't reveal what you have too much of or not enough of.

Have a way to distill water - it's actually harder than it sounds and requires access to a lot of wood to burn. Better to bury a container for 500 gallons of water supplied by rain runoff. Hide everything. Don't talk about your prepping to anyone.

If other people are starving, but you have supplies, make sure that you look like everyone else - starve yourself. Look like shit and people won't target you.

Ideally, live in a community of about 10k or so people. You should be recognizable, but not notable. If you're alone, you should always carry a gun. If you're among friends and family, you should always carry a gun

Trading ammunition is good because it tells people you're armed without showing what you're carrying or otherwise have loaded. You can buy tools to make ammunition (I know a guy who does this as a form of relaxation).

Toilet paper.

Beans, rice and honey and sugar. Dehydrated milk lasts almost forever. Stock up on these things and things that last 20+ years as much as possible.

Fuel goes bad in a couple of years. So don't bother with anything that requires it. Steam powered generator, if you have access to a lot of wood as fuel. Use it to power a DC freezer - hide that also.

would specializing yourself in certain tech be considered a good survival strategy?
I'm thinking like programming, biotech, engineering etc?
it's not like when a war comes, there won't be any factions, and even if you side with the wrong people, you'll likely survive a la operation Paperclip.

They do that in Ireland too.

cigs get old. You can grow tobacco, though. Cigars are made without paper, and make much more sense post-SHTF.

You shouldn't smoke anything. Any potential benefits are grossly outweighed by the negatives.

Vaping, however, resets the scales.

why is this bumplocked

Even with vaping you're still voluntarily ingesting a carcinogen. Not a good idea.

because the ops are ASN sdrawkcab - not even a joke

Possible carcinogen. Not known one.

Name the positive effects of nicotine, just to see if you have a clue.

cigs get old but don't forget that when SHTF no one will care about this. as long they don't get wet, they will still be cigs. just keep them in a metal case (altoids tins work well). tobacco will probably be progressively hard to procure, and growing and processing takes way too long/too many valuable resources tbh fam. also unprocessed tobacco leaves produce a sticky toxic residue that can make you sick on contact (make sure to wear gloves at harvest if you end up growing).

is right, i plan on quitting when the happening comes. i don't smoke a lot, but the few cigs a day i do have definitely change my mindstate and ruin any cardio training i've done. i'll prob keep a pack or two around for barter/psychological reinforcement if i end up in dire straights, but there's no reason to decrease one's chances of survival for a quick buzz.

probably you are an idiot
it does not belong here because its the x-th "how to survive in the wild" slide thread

if you want survival information search it online on your own

With that line of thinking, why even have any threads at all?

Because the biggest threat to the USG is a non-dependant populace.