Selling Domain Names

Does anyone here have experience doing this? I have a domain name on the GoDaddy auction house but it hasn't been purchased yet.

What's the best method for doing this? Are auctions the way to make the most money?

Other urls found in this thread:

dnjournal.com/domainsales.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Forgot to ask - What about Sedo?

If you're just trying to sell an empty domain for ridiculous markup - good luck, no one wants it unless it's an extremely good and short name with a good quality TLD. I got lucky once and sold a domain at random to some dude who looked up the whois and made an offer for a few grand but the """"business"""" wasn't even worth it considering the yearly fees for all the other shit domains I had added up and took up most of the profit. I ended up dropping 95% of them and just keep 5 or so that I actually intend to use at some point.

Whoops, forgot to add - if you actually want to sell it, develop it a bit and get organic traffic. That's your best bet at getting a buying party interested. Also the older the domain, the better. No one wants to buy newly registered domains with no traffic, for obvious reasons.

Thanks bro! What service did you use?

I just checked my listing on godaddys auction house and it only has 4 views lol.

Sedo is asking for like a $1,000 deposit before you can sell shit '__'

The buyer was interested in the name and contacted me directly via the whois email and then we made a transaction using escrow. That's probably your most likely bet. If someone wants the name because of the name, the first thing they do is look at the whois info. If someone wants to shop around for pre-existing businesses they'll gravitate to places like sedo and godaddy auctions instead. Don't use your personal phone, set up a google voice number as a throwaway if you care. I tried sedo at one point but didn't have any luck. Don't recall them requiring a deposit but this was like 5 years ago.

I had someone contact me but I couldn't figure out how to reply to his email. It was encrypted or something weird. I'll take a screenshot of it and post when I get home.

Do you have any good escrow services to use? Does Paypal provide escrow services?

cool pic cause you're being really awesome and helpful

I used escrow.com. Don't know about paypal.
You're probably talking about a pgp signed message, look up how to decode them.

Ok will do. Thanks again man.

I hope you never sell it, domain hoarding faggot.

I'm not hoarding I want to sell it you silly billy

Can you make decent money with parked domains?

no.

You're better off bitsquatting and stealing people's data.

oo dat sounds bad.

reewy?

really. what do you want to do? put ads on it and then try and get traffic to go to an empty domain? seems like a waste of time vs. developing the page into something even minimal.

Can you go more in depth about "minimal" development?

You mean just getting it up and running for a period of time?

making a website so it doesn't say "parked by godaddy" or similar when someone goes there

lol perfect answer.

No expierence here, but sometimes i have the urge buy domains.
Thus I'm in the process of using sedo now, selling a shitty xxx.pw domain. Had no cost as a seller, but min. fee is 90-140$ if the domain is sold. I guess 25% in total.
Bought some xxx.xx 5 letter domains and a few 1 sign puny's e.g. x.xx and a onion and some other shit.
Seem's mostly only .com have some worth.
Tried a lot the last days, put these two in urlbar and shit bricks.
gσσgle.com
faceb◌◌k.com
or my fav, xn--gv-fmc depuny this one, and shit even more bricks. But those where already blocked by different registrars. Not sure if get van'd for trying to register last one. It is still open for a try at some registrars.
Read some loudicrous sheit, a unicode cloud sign.com was sold around 200'000 or 500'000$
dnjournal.com/domainsales.htm

Where is that page redirecting too? It wouldn't load anything for the google or fb one.

Where is that page redirecting too? It wouldn't load anything for the google or fb one.

Wich one?
Sorry, the fb-puny works for me with the updated opera's under win.
Noticed chromium and ESR are showing it way too much.

Does escrow services require a certain amount of money, like a $25,000 minimum transaction?