Fathom Comic #1

I found Paul Joseph Watson, Anita Sarkeesian, Chris Ray Gun and Milo in Fathom.
Do any of you want me to story time it?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/ComicBookGrrl/status/830087859218550784
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It might give me the aids but its not like I had anything special to do.

The fuck is Fathom?

One storytime coming up, then.

A new superhero comic, Dubs man.

Sounds like shit.

Idk, I'm ambivalent towards it. It's got a cute heroine and it's not too hard on the political pedal. How about you judge for yourself.

Alright, here we go.

Is the conversation between her and the villain organic or just silly? Because I'm not sure about either.

Goddamn why'd the have to make Anita look so fuckable.

Kind of an on the nose reference to Tomb Raider, yeah?

comics are fiction user. Remember that

And that's the end of the comic. Next two pages are some people welcoming the new talent on board.

Thank you for tuning in for this storytime.
I kinda liked this comic because the art is alright, the heroine is conventionally attractive, she isn't shown as a man hater and it pokes fun at both provocateurs of the internet, one more successful nowadays obviously. The new girl makes me leery because she looks like the kinda lady who'll force her ideals upon me. Nevertheless, I'd probably read the next one.

?

They were rather kind to Anita

Bias I suppose?

I meant visually

I gotta admit, this was not as cringey as what Marvel would have done, like UNSOLICITED OPINIONS OF ISRAEL, since it pokes fun at both sides. Even though it picks on most of the anti-SJW side they don't paint them as "LITERAL FUCKING NAZI" which is a huge plus and it could have been so much easier to poke fun at Donald, but they decided to tackle on Saint Anita, that must take some balls.

I got agree with OP, this heroine was also fun to read since she is not afraid to look sexy and isn't a stronk independent womyn.

This comic is not that old, it was published on 1998 and its nearly 20 years old.

*this comic is not that new
Goddamit.

Yes, I didn't know at the time of posting that it was an old comic. I'm still a pretty newfag in terms of comics.

Whether it's SJW or not, it's just a shit comic.

That was much better than I expected it to be.

Okay so I can recognize Paul, Anita, Chris and Milo, but who are the fuck are the other ones? Specifically the two swearing journalists and the Youtuber at the bottom?

I think the screaming fucks are supposed to be The Young Turks

wait one of them was Chris Ray Gun? I thought he was a brunette?

I could see that, but the dude in the left looks nothing like the TYT's host, he is too black and not fat at all.

He has blonde hair, user.

.archeologist in london
Is this comic in the same universe as Tomb Raider?

oh he dyed it then. Damn he got ripped.

Regarding the young turk knock offs the layout of their set seems similar enough to the TYT.

Did you see how they drew Anita? I don't think accuracy is their strong suit.

the eye make up makes me think of a brown Shoe on Head for bottom left panel.

Holy shit, did somebody make fun of the young turks……In a comic book?

This comic may be shit whatever, buts its utterly refreshing to just see something neutral as opposed to to at best thinly veiled leftist shit.

I know right? Just like Cenk looks more thin and fit rather than being buffallo like irl.

Damn, this board is shit.

hey, they nailed her character

>anita they drawed her white, is wierd because they always represent her with brown skin
Da fuck?

It's surprising to see Fathom still chugging along.

Yes, sort of. Lara Croft had her own comic book series in late 90s/early 00s published by Top Cow. Top Cow also published Witchblade and Darkness, which had many crossovers with Lara Croft, to the point that she became notable character in books' universes. Then, Fathom was created, which crossed over with Witchblade, and eventually with Lara Croft too. However, Lara in different than one in games - for one, her parents didn't die.

There was a little bit more to it, like involved of Image Comics and Wildstorm. Late 90s and early 2000s were a crazy time when it comes to comic book publishing.

please, no.

Jesus, do you have to drag politics into everything? They aren't being political.
Why, you could even compare him to a muzzie by the way he says he'll eradicate surface dwellers and bring his own people.

Also, how do you know it's not a tanned white woman? She's a surfer, and the alternate cover shows her as white.

Yeah, it's The Young Turks. Jan or whatever the fuck her name is, the female host, is incredibly fucking SJW and constantly likes to talk about how she's better than literally every woman who disagrees with her. Just look it up on youtube or something. Theres countless videos poking fun of her for it.

How the armaineans have fallen.

Ana Kasparian. And yes we know all about her. Her meltdown on the election night was legendary.

Coincidentally, both her and Sarkeesian are Armenians.

He looks grey to me.

No, this isn't a good comic. It's not even "okay" unless you have really shit taste and therefore low standards.

The only promising part is opening on a whole splash page of ryona, but what ruins it is that the comic, like all modern capeshit, is written in the typical post modern disaffected hip ironic self aware dialogue box narration loaded out the ass. It's the exact same as that Calvin and Hobbes Sunday strip of capeshit, "I COULD FEEL MY SPINE SHATTER. IT HURT. A LOT." And let's not forget to throw in pop culture references. How about an emojis joke while we're at it? Is this comic totally cool now? Will the kids relate? Just like pretty much every single other superhero comic released these days? They all read the same, everyone speaks in the same voice, not even throughout individual comics, but across any capeshit book and across different writers and publishers. This looks like it's intentionally trying to be a "witty" "snarky" marvel comic, which means that this is most likely being made by people who couldn't get hired at marvel and yet aspire to write for marvel some day (i.e. they weren't female and therefore could not perform oral sex on the bosses in exchange for a job).

Her face in the 2nd panel here. I know artists are rushed to just get the page done, I know it's a cramped corner of a single panel of a single page of many, and there's nothing technically wrong with the drawing itself. It just sucks compared to the current standards. In the lower panel, her dive into the water comes off kind of generic. Again, no technical flaws, just looks blander than it could be.

Also she mentions barometric pressure underwater. Barometric pressure is a measurement of the atmosphere and air. What the writer meant was water pressure, which doesn't sound nearly official or "smart" enough. This is why comic book writers are stuck writing comic books instead of TV or movies or novels. Not that any Holla Forumsuck reading the lower traffic offshoot of 4chan will ever make it even to this low grade of career writing comic books of this (low) level, but if you do, please google every scientific term or even common phrase you consider adding to your story, even if you're SURE you know the definition. The worst that can happen is you'll verify you know what the word means, the best is you'll save yourself the embarrassment of using the wrong word, and you'll learn something about whatever you just looked up.

"We've been looking for you" this exchange is the only clever thing in this book so far, but considering it's just a superhero girl diving into a water place and finding an evil Aquaman, nothing of interest has happened in the most important part of the book, the introduction. If you're writing a comic, you want to try to grab the reader's undivided attention within at least the 2nd or 3rd page. Unfortunately, for capeshit, this is what they already think they're doing.

I stopped before getting here, the comic was already typical and ordinary of capeshit. All cape books essentially read the same: the cold open with attempted witty snarky quippy banter juxtaposed with sudden action, the "let me back up and tell you how I got here" narration sprayed all over every single page. Even for free my interest isn't held enough to read up to the reason you posted this comic here, therefore I can't bring myself to care about what this hack thinks is satire on popular youtube pundits. They also miss the point that if Milo calls a girl fat, that's because that's what she actually is. Milo isn't getting off on insulting people, he's getting off on saying something that's offensive but undeniably factual (with the exception of religion).

God I miss when you could draw sexy women in comics.

I'm sure the Armenians themselves have basically disowned her. She works on a "news" show that's named after the group of people that genocided her ancestors- The Young Turks. That's what they called themselves. When it's pointed out she and the others on the show get defensive as hell and start backpedaling. There's videos you can see online of people bringing it up while they talk at colleges, and the people being tossed out for mentioning it.
Even the Kardashians get serious when talking about the Armenian genocide. There's no way she's taken seriously by other Armenians.

You are pretty much correct about that. Kasparian might as well be an expatriate if denying the genocide in Armenia is about as criminal as acknowledging it in Turkey.

Good to know. Makes me wonder if we should storytime some Tombraider comics.

twitter.com/ComicBookGrrl/status/830087859218550784
Interestingly the author is female. I guess an barrage of articles calling the creators a sexist, fascist, Trump-supporter, alt-rightist manchildren is out of question.

All New Michael Turner's Fathom is kind of a mouthful, isn't?

0/10 not white or deformed enough

Isn't Michael Turner dead? Like for years?

Yes

Yes we do, creators drag their own beliefs into work whether they realize it or not. Everything has to be decided by politics. You can appreciate something but you're not allowed to like it if your views come into conflict.

I'm honestly surprised you didn't make the connection earlier, user, that's basicaly their description at this point.

I had my doubts only because the guy is too skinny and looks like a nigger.

What gave it away for me was the woman screaming "I am better than you" just like what Ana Kasparian does.

Yeah, she's doing that trademark inquisitive facial expression Shoe does as well.

To add to this, in the history book it says they forcefully tried to destroy culture and history, supplanting it with their own. It's a pretty easy comparison to draw.

(heiled)

I surprised movieblob or Sargon of Kekkad aren't here as well

Nice dubs, but I think panel 6 is Chris Ray Gun. Saying he wants to drink bleach is one of his gimmicks.

yeah, that's the guy. I've seen him in a webm with the PS1 logo and I think he once substituted Sargon for an episode of This Week in Stupid.

kek

I support the references and general sentiment of the page, the specific people chosen suggests either the writer or the artist actually follows all of these people.

I'll probably pick up a copy next time I'm at a comic shop. I mean it's probably like four bucks or something, right? How long ago did this come out?

I vaguely even remember the comic from the Witchblade era, she has water manipulation powers or something? Basically cheesecake Aqua Man?

He looks like he just stumbled out of Auschwitz

That's what I remember from the ads and Wizard articles.