Trying to Find Spooky Movie

I have searched for nearly 3 years and have not been able to identify this fucking thing. It may have been a movie but I am more convinced it was a show or perhaps even a miniseries.

Premise

Does anyone have a CLUE what the name of this show / movie was. It's become a Popcorn kernel lodged in my fucking brain and I just can't break free of it.

Other urls found in this thread:

8ch.net/film/res/6197.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

bump

No, but that sounds really interesting.
Vaguely familiar as well.
Do you have any guesses as to when it was made?

About what year did you watch it?
What did the actors look like?

It was really competently acted and was a real edge of your seat kinda thriller. It really did a good job setting up your full confidence in the reporter being right that the man is crazy until the twist ending which genuinely catches you off guard.

Its directly stated the "old man" can get into peoples heads and make them do things and its heavily implied he got into the Reporters to send him message through the paper and get him to push him into the room.

I'd guess it was made mid 2000's by the style it was shot. It had a very late 90's Night Visions, Outer Limits feel.

I'd say I probably watched it 2005-2007
I unfortunately can't remember their faces, but its no one I remember as far as any "famous" actors go.

Was it part of an anthology?

it sort of sounds familiar but the name escapes me unfortunately. bumping in case anyone else can help you. maybe i'll think of it later but i'd doubt it

It might have been, if it was it was the finale

Bump

But not J-Horror then?

no, it wasn't a J-Horror movie.

Actors were American / English / Canadian

bump 'cause I'm intrigued

At this point OP I think your best bet is to find some investors to finance it and just remake the movie/show yourself.

Once you've finished it and found a distributor maybe the original creators will try and sue then you'll know what the original was.

Sounds like a good movie, I want to watch it.

That's a clever plan.

I'm actually considering just writing it out and seeing if having it done that way will trigger some Copyright bullshit or something.

If not I guess I get the honor of "creating" an original story.

Giving this advice hurts me more than it hurts you, but seriously: Go to plebbit /r/tipofmytongue or some shit. Those guys are wizards at this sort of thing.

The premise seems familiar. Maybe it was a tv series episode with a plot mostly unrelated to the main show.

I was thinking it could be a X-files episode, but OP would have remembered Scully or Mulder.

I thought it might have been from early Supernatural. I can't remember much of that show, but I'm pretty sure it had episodes where main character brothers were out of focus.

bump to help OP

Is it found footage?

This thread has left me sufficiently spooked

Pretty much the only place to ask for this after IMDb nuked their message boards.

OP here, going to create a reddit account for that board some user suggested tomorrow.

I'll update too if anything comes of it.

You could try 8ch.net/film/res/6197.html

good luck fam.

Let us know if you come across The Grifter, OP.