How does this make you feel?

How does this make you feel?

This is a pure trashcan tbh.

Cool and if you play it right its free too.

Nothing is free.

I sometimes find this stuff a little hyserical, it's not like these guys are being any more trashcan of ideology than anything else people do for fun like reading a scifi novel or gardening, yet you don't see the same kind of moral panic about that

People are upset that people are playing video games outside for some reason. I dont see any problem with it, its no different from playing wow or cod, except its social and healthier.

What I find most interesting is how it's exposing the invisible "rails" or barriers that we all walk between without even realizing. E.g. lots of stories of people calling the police on their neighbors for simply walking around their own neighborhood while playing the game.

Hundreds of people organized en masse to find a Pokemon, yet we can't even get dozens of people to organize labor movements.

Read some Debord, my man.

its frustrating because this is distinctly different from the scifi novel or gardening cases because the game brings people together. it is disappointing that people won't mobilize over changing economies to better suit their self interests but will mobilize over wartortles.

wartortle is a great design, but leftism is better.

Can't, about to go catch pokemon with my friend in another city.

This. You pay with your personal information.

We already do so every day, its not really a big difference.

The difference is with Pokemon you're doing it willingly. Just because your metadata is mined against your will doesn't mean you should then willingly give over more of it.

labor movements are boring

I fail to see the point in refusing to swallow poison if your diet already consists of poison, its pointless moralism. If I dont have a choice to give out my info and I cant change it, I may as well give out the info to google they already had anyway so I can play a game.

Pokemon go is right out of something Cronenberg would direct.

We live in crazy times.

People becoming mindless drones like this could be seen as a positive or a negative. Negative because they are distracted by silly gadgetry to see the problems in society. positive because of accelerationism and downfall of the current system.

Jesus guys get off your high horse, people are just playing a fucking game. People have been doing this kinda shit for forever, and you do it too.

People bitch because it's a shit game
It has only Gen I pokemon, what a fucking joke

Harmless fun. It's pretty funny to see you and Holla Forums on the same page over something so trivial.

Christ alive.

Wow how convenient for the bourgs

/thread

I mean I really don't see what's to argue from a political prospective, it clearly isn't the mean through which the revolution will succeed but it's also not the tool for the final victory of capitalism.

Am I supposed to have a strong opinion on every flavour of the week consumer fad?

It facilitates the invasion of privacy and commodification of the person and by dressing it up in cutesy nostalgia bait it makes not only the mass tracking of individuals but also the collection and sale of their personal information seem okay.

but the game is fun. fuck you all

Nostalgia, Art and Creativity shackled and manipulated to serve the needs of the bourgeoisie.

Disgusting and cruel. Just like all commercialization of art and creativity. I'm surprised no one has said this.

It litterally doesnt change shit, buying a phone already does all of this.

It just shows how much people value their own privacy. It's a social experiment.