Lainchan

Can I get a rundown of the drama and the split?
It looks like the nigger went to lainchan.jp, so that seems like an improvement

Other urls found in this thread:

merriam-webster.com/dictionary/animated+cartoon
arisuchan.jp/
arisuchan.jp/cyb/res/600.html#1271
razorbelle.com/
sandren.com/
patreon.com/sandren
behance.net/sandren
masa.network/live/
linkedin.com/in/sandren
github.com/sandren
youtube.com/user/razorbelle
play.esea.net/users/1614048
dreamedia.deviantart.com/
holaconnect.com/profile/sophiamichelle-andren-email-phone-eeefed68
researchgate.net/profile/Angel_Angel7
upwork.com/fl/sandren
vimeo.com/sandren
twitter.com/razorbelle
arisuchan.jp/mod.php?/q/res/1433.html#1435
youtube.com/watch?v=efJK0f0cNJ8
youtube.com/watch?v=ZiNPJGZGiGs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Didn't nigger stayed on .org and Anons left to .jp?

Lain has always been shit because of this.

Weren't most mods underage?

Yes.
But now .org is run by a faggot that has simply bought the site and can't manage backups

Basically Appleman is autistic, made rash decisions with out making it clear, and was really hard to try and confront. Mods were unhappy with him, and so were a lot of people. At some point Appleman couldn't get the passwords for the VPS from Kalyx because Kaylx didn't know them, so Apple tried to reset the password. Kalyx ended up getting the email for resetting the password, so he deleted the server, and promptly told every one to get fucked because "Appleman has backups".

As it turns out, Appleman did, only they were on the same server. So the site had to restart from scratch, except Appleman didn't want to create any boards outside /q/ basically /sudo/ until a month later when the community meeting was scheduled so the community could do what the fuck ever.

Seph A mod just sort of created /r/ Holla Forums so there'd be a place to post at the very least while Appleman man worked on what ever the fuck. Appleman then get mad at Seph, so Seph changes all links on the site to redirect to her new lainchan, lainchan.jp, where she, some other faggots, and Kalyx went. Obviously they divided what was a small, close community so there was a ton of drama there.

As for what sort of person ended up where, I'm not completely sure. After all of this I pretty much just stopped going to either for a number of reasons. .org is still run by Appleman, and he's obnoxious as all fuck, and they over-regulate everything. They ban you for the slightest shit in the name of "quality control", so I've just not had the energy. .jp Flies the fag flag. Or did for a while. They put up gay pride shit, and seriously, every one is a fag. They are all leftycuck degenerates. It's hard to really talk about your feels when every one is so blue pilled.

I used to post there when the forum first started, but stopped after Kalyx haf an episode and nuked irc. I even wound up having my username immortalized in a pic memorializing the event.

Appleman sounds like a retard, so I guess I'll continue to stay away.

Everyone seems to agree Appleman cannot into running lainchan, but there's no excuse for what kalyx did and it reflects really badly on .jp that they let him be an admin there. He also fucked over every user on .org by deleting all their threads. Anyway, both sites are shit.

the fuck is a lainchan?

Where is a lain to go then?

Appleman actually is pretty reasonable, sounds like none of you have talked to him

Fuck off appleman

/cyb/ imageboard. Named for Lain, whom they see as an aspiration.

must be that guy, or a shill.

a chan based on a really shitty anime

You forgot .jp's fuckery with the zine. So now we won't have a fifth zine for a long time.

A super obscure imageboard for only the best of the best hackers, it's similar to 4chan's Holla Forums. Rumor has it that the epic hacker group Anonymous recruits their members from there.

guess how I can tell that the site is shit?

fuggin shazbot

I've spoken with him quite a few times, and every time he is a pain to deal with. The time he decided to just remove the board list, I was asking him about the decision, and he just started talking about how every one just takes from him, they just take and take, no matter how much he gives. He deleted the board list just to keep newfags out.

I believe it's merged with drugs because both are very small and relate to psychology.

kek
hope that lainchan dies out tbh

Kalyx, you are a nigger
go be nigger somewhere else

some weebshit site where underage kids pretend to be 1337 hackers while watching cartoon shows

Appleman doesn't deserve a lot of the flak he gets. For the most part he has been an excellent admin, especially compared to Kalyx who regularly begged for donations and under whom there was near constant drama.
Appleman is, however, very much the enlightend despot type and can be hard to deal with if you vehemently disagree with a decision or want immediate action.
Personally, this slow-moving, dispassionate style of moderation earns my respect, as does his refusal to cave in on a couple of recent occasions where some members of the community have cried for blood.

Moderation on some of the boards could be softer, in my opinion, but I can tolerate it so long as it's primarily done with quality in mind.

I didn't see them regulate all the left-wing shitposting though.

If Serial Experiments Lain is supposed to be a cartoon then you might as well call fucking Dunkirk a cartoon.

What happened with the zine? I don't even go to Lainchan but was invited to write an article ages ago.

Most of the zine staff went to .jp and for the fourth, the link on the cover was replaced from .org to. jp. So .jp wants to do the zine but don't have the community to pull it, and .org doesn't want to work with them since they appropriate themselves the work. You've got on one side the editors, and on the other the content pproviders.
The zine threads went meta fast.

he is an anti trump cuck also a scammer (sold l ainchan to some guy them rm'd it a few months later to make everyone go to his new one, which byf the way endorsese to comunist/antia sitesl

One of the Lainchans is run by socjus, I don't remember which one

Why do you weebshits get so triggered over the fact that they're cartoons?

a shit

I quit hanging on the Tox because the Holla Forums and Lain chats merged and then most of the Holla Forums guys left and the remainders were faggots.

Both are ass. Kalyx is a slippery weasel shitskin, Appleman can't into running the site.

Daily reminder /cyber/ had the last laugh, lainfags go home.

I think Null should make his own lainchan, it would complete my chakras

because they're not like normal cartoons, it's pretty slow and dark compared to a normal cartoon

Weebs don't exist.

Why are you reverse weebs so hell-bent on attacking anime by falsely claiming they are cartoons?

A cartoon is a specific type of animation, one that is utterly different from anime.

you can use cartoon to mean animation of any sort.
their reference to anime as "cartoons" is retarded because of western cultures particular memes surrounding cartoons. IE, the belief that animation is mostly just for children(excepting adult comedy shows, but these retards are generally trying to equate anime to kids cartoons).
That association isn't made in the country that makes the shows generally called 'anime'. Hence, anime is usually meant for teenagers and adults, some more just for teenagers, some more for adults, etc.

That's not what it means.

His failure to act quickly and decisively did not come from dispassion. It came from him not understanding that people view pedos with vehemence. He literally does not understand social norms.

It cost the chan it's volafile partnership and people still talk shit about the site on 4chan re. this.

He basically does not understand how normal people work so like a blind person who thinks he can see he makes up a system and uses it to justify his decision even if that system has no real input or fix-points oriented in the real world. Thus far people has had to basically yell at him every time something like this occurs until he caves.

That said he's always paid the server bills on time and he's a professional programmer so he can slowly but surely develop the site above and beyond maintaining it.

Fuckoff applekike

No. If Appleman had even this basic level of self-insight he would not have had these problems in the first place.

Hopefully it dies for good.

I went to Lain off and on for a while and never saw "left-wing" shitposting. I didn't even see Holla Forums garbage until halfway through it's life which immediately turned me off from the whole thing.

>merriam-webster.com/dictionary/animated+cartoon

lainchan.jp is now arisuchan.jp/
I think the nigger is no longer in charge

Weebshits are so retarded it's almost cute

This is true. Kalyx basically ragequit a few days ago.

lol again?

Good. Kalyx would've ruined it a year from now anyways.

kek

The problem with lainchan is that it has lain in it.
I watched SEL in 2016 and thought it sucked hard, yet could sort of see how it would have been ok from 1998 to about 2003. Cyberpunk itself hasn't aged well.
Fans of this anime can only be the most pretentious weeb fags that ever lived, so best avoided.

It's one of those few animes I agree with /a/ that it's boring as shit. There is nothing special about lain, literally no explanation to it.

>>>/reddit/

That definition is false.

Anime is not a copy of Disney or even vaguely similar to Disney. It doesn't look like Disney, it doesn't move like Disney, it doesn't have the stories of Disney, it doesn't have Disney's philosophy towards filmmaking.

Saying that anime simplifies Disney because the Japanese can't draw is absurd. Even a mediocre TV anime today has more detailed drawings than Disney's movies did. Anime emphasizes detail whereas Disney emphasized fluid motion. Anime also has much more varied and complex animation.

Weebs stiill don't exist.

So you think shows like Lain are a dime a dozen then?

Every story must conclude with someone explaining everything that happened and what it meant?

Anime was inspired by Disney retardo. Watch 50s/60s anime, not CGI moeshit.

Tezuka's character designs were inspired by American cartoons, and before that (after the war) the industry looked to Disney as a model to follow. But this does not mean anime is based on Disney, because it isn't. It's completely different. It's a rejection of Disney.

Does not exist, and what is your point supposed to be?

What am I in denial of?

Oh, yeah, /cyb/ is a board.

Daily reminder that kalyx's ex is the very definition of pig disgusting.

kalyx is no longer with lainchan.jp, which turned into arisuchan.jp just now. So there's no reason to talk about him anymore.

sauce? or moar at least?

But it's fun to laugh at him.

disgusting.

What a time to be alive.

lainchan is shit
SHIT

>>>/cyber/ >>>>>> lainshit

I just go there to shitpost and troll trannies and mentally ill people tbh

Agreed. Specifically, Alice in Wonderland. Anyone who thinks that the first mainstream anime/manga artists didn't take their basic female design cues from Disney's classic Alice design is deluding themself.

What's the difference?

Again, Tezuka was inspired by American cartoons. Even if he had been inspired by Disney's feature films instead, so what? Anime is defined by many things, not just its initial character designs inspiration.

I never said this anywhere.

Why do YOU want it to wake up again? Why are you still continuing this crusade? How many months has it been now? How many boards have you invaded by now?

One of the staff members of lainchan.jp is a female SJW (who is in her thirties) that cuts herself and collects beta bucks from a Pateron account that is related to a shit stream that she runs. The only "coding" that she can do is HTML, CSS, and basic JavaScript. She's probably the reason why arisuchan.jp/cyb/res/600.html#1271 got banned.
They also have a cult-like group called Laincorp that passes around retarded business-related ideas and goals.
No wonder the site is so shit. Stay away at all costs.

Sophia Michelle "Seph" Andren
razorbelle.com/
sandren.com/
patreon.com/sandren
behance.net/sandren
masa.network/live/
linkedin.com/in/sandren
github.com/sandren
youtube.com/user/razorbelle
play.esea.net/users/1614048
dreamedia.deviantart.com/
holaconnect.com/profile/sophiamichelle-andren-email-phone-eeefed68
researchgate.net/profile/Angel_Angel7
upwork.com/fl/sandren
vimeo.com/sandren
twitter.com/razorbelle
She works for Dreamedia and was a spokesperson for Project Reason.
Also for information on how she runs Laintracker with no OPSEC at all.

She is actually a woman?

It appears so.

she has a cute face, too bad about all that hardware

astro boy came from mickey mouse dude

DID SOMEBODY SAY CARTOONS??!

So from what I can tell it went something like this in between all the autism
Apparently right not now they're caught up in some drama over some thirty year old guy in their "community" who was banging jailbait from the website overseas. They have relatively on topic threads concerning software which in principle makes it better than this fucking siamese silicon plant.

Aren't you a shitlord.

Apparently she absolutely does not give a fuck: arisuchan.jp/mod.php?/q/res/1433.html#1435

And y'all are cucks.
~ regards from a non-SJW staff member.

.org was always shitty because an applefag made it. then .jp was made and it was only 1% better. so everyone left and realized those faggots like kalyx are incapable of community management. all they're good for is mediocre web dev/design.
they put shame on the name of Lain.

die

Fuck off you shill staff member.

Hmmm..

look at this garbage. isnt seph supposed to be a designer? lmao.

Hello, Seph.

Lainchan went batshit insane liberal during elections. They had word filters in place that made any discussion impossible and mods crying injustice when they hit you.

Went there for lisp general, stayed out forever for good after mod abuse seeped everywhere.

russians stole JP

What now

lisp is a mod there on a ton of boards (more than half) and he's literally a neo-nazi (thinks black people have smaller brains, women can't do real work, etc...).

The liberal moderators (junk, seph, friends, etc..) all left so basically lisp is running more than half the boards with oversight only by appleman, who as we've seen from the pedo incident doesn't want to take any mod action at all for fear of pissing off users.

I think you're remembering things wrong

Seph stole JP and gave it to the russians.

Despite them having a "systemspace refugees" board, two of the moderators were from systemspace.

She also modded a bunch of russians from some unrelated site to "show that we trust them"

Then she removed a ton (>60%) of staff members for """inactivity""" leaving only systemspace, russians, her discord buddies and kalyx

Then kalyx noticed that it was a literal powergrab away from him and jumped ship

so now yeah it's just russians

You have the timeline backwards. Kalyx resigned before all of this went down and is what instigated Seph to say fuck it in the first place. And how does one "grab power" from someone who didn't have any in the first place? Kalyx was staff in name only. I don't know why he was involved to begin with.

I'd rather put up with the autism .org than the faggotry on .jp

cover-spaned images, pointless font effects, and a lot of empty space seems about right for modern webshit.

so it was redesigned to look like you're on an iphone? not surprised

also the color scheme looks like it was literally pulled from antifa's fucking logo. what a horrid CSS layout

The only video on her youtube is some sam harris speech where he talks about removing religion from society. As if you needed any more confirmation that these people are commies.

These guys used to run an opsec general on halfchan and it was all larp and zero opsec. They just use chans as a fashion statement. I'm sure they unironically use discord too.

the other laincahn is annoying in it's own special way. So basically you have a choice of facing visual warfare or psychological warfare.

there is a color theme toggle in the header

welp.

is there an option top switch off "iPhone mode"?

ask them?

This seems to summarize the difference between the two

spot the larper

You can't anonymize WHOIS for Japanese domains.

so basically that tld was picked for pure larping?

yep

Separation of church and state is not communist. Opposing religion is not communist.

Discord is a really solid piece of software, the best part being it has a webapp and can even be accessed from an IRC client using bitlbee.

Hello Seph.

The text you type on Holla Forums is sitting right there in plaintext for everyone to see. Does that make Holla Forums spyware?

No.

Discord doesn't require a telephone to sign up and you can connect to it with Tor so it can be just as anonymous as an image board or IRC channel..

No one that uses it has any illusions of it being e2e encrypted. If they want that, they'll go elsewhere.

Hi Seph.

youtube.com/watch?v=efJK0f0cNJ8

Kalyx is a mentally ill nigger faggot and all the problems surrounding the Lainchans can be traced back at him or his actions.

kalyx was fired when lainchan.jp changed their name to arisuchan. so he has nothing to do with either site anymore thank god.

I keep seeing this sentiment whenver lains are pressed about their shitty opsec. I thought the point of cyberlarping was to have a hyperboner about opsec while wearing goggles and latex. Take away the opsec and you have the latter. I guess that's all cyberpunk really is.

Except sam harris is a commie kike who wants to eliminate all Gods except for the state.
Marxism is the most popular political ideology in the last 200 years that advocates for the removal of religion.

Sam Harris advocates for generic state-approved "spirituality" which sounds a lot like the psuedo-religions within cyberpunk.

What's your point? They just want to replace God with the State, that's still a bad thing. Irrationality has no place in politics.

The accusation is that the cyber "punk" brainlet admin of arisuchan advocate for this, given her youtube channel. Try to keep up.

WRONG

WRONG

it's for edgy high school kids that call themselves anarchists (SJW types). shit board full of shit people.

#RESIST

That wasn't the point of my post. Separation of church and state, or atheism, are not innately Marxist ideas.

correct

wrong

Can you read? I'm not talking about whichever cunt you're talking about, just the ideas themselves.

seph is a lefty (((woman))) who's also the admin of the cyberpunk forum (another lefty shithole)

Didn't these fucking faggots learn from the last data purge?

2D girls are pure, far more desirable than 3DPD are and quite frankly, I don't see 3DPD getting any better than they used to be.

user, they're just cartoon drawings!

And 3DPD girls are just a collection of atoms! But here is the real question: If AI becomes sufficiently advanced so that it becomes self aware, in other words becomes a person, but remains in 2D form, would it be still just a cartoon drawing? I for one welcome the future. 3DPD will become obsolete, replaced by artificial wombs, holograms, androids or AR. We just need to keep improving technology. Even if this doesn't happen in our lifetimes, all improvements we make will benefit future generations. In very distant future when humanity will hopefully become type II or even type III civilization, I would imagine being married to AI will be pretty normal. Unless 3DPD girls improve and acquire more 2D features (which is extremely unlikely as change of their behavior would require modifications to their genetic code), I don't see why would anyone want to marry or even be with one.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZiNPJGZGiGs

80s wins for me.

but you're wrong and it's really good

#BlackChansMatter

I'm a bit confused is Sam Hyde a communist or not?

kalyx is a fag

>>>/cow/264309

these days when i hear or see something related to women my mind automatically tells me NO!

>>>/cyber/

Sam Hyde has gone undercover many times pretending to be Black Lives Matter, a college student, a hipster, and a transgender Daughter of the American Revolution. He has also vandilized his own Wikipedia page making him everything from a Russian Jew to a Molotto half-Pureto Rican. In reality he is a comedian whom uses Holla Forums and is a WN.